Tottenham Thread

chonabot

56 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

One of the positives seemed that when Dele came on he looked sharp. 

I was surprised Som never started, his pace will always cause problems and I guess there will always be the argument that if Erickson for fit for the bench why didn’t he get more game time. All ifs and buts. 

I thought his interview was very downbeat to the point he was even questioning himself why he was feeling so low and obviously eluding again to the lack of signings. He must be getting to the point where he feels he has taken this set of players as far as he can, and to most probably further, and clearly beginning to have an effect on him.

Be a shame not just for Spurs but for the Premiership if they lose him. 

Surprised !!! Son has been pony since he returned from the Asian Cup and  he has only started 3 PL games with no goals and no assists in 5 appearances, how many games have you seen him play this season ?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Many of us have to work.

I was up at 5am so no way I could have gone last night....many like me I am sure.

So the next time you take the piss out of our crowd itll be ok if we remind you of this excuse then eh.

Makes you wonder what would the crowd have been had it been played at your new ground on the sunday and how many millions you lost because of the move to a monday night Wembley fixture that clearly the spurs fans also didn't want?  what a <deleted> up!

By the way, City sold out the full allocation you gave us so it was Spurs fans who didn't  show.

Totts present status in any order  

Despite their best EPL start are sitting outside a C/L place  

A  paper thin squad 

Kane is in experiencing a dip in form

Poor goal difference

Massive debt to be serviced

Long delay of moving to new stadium due to Levy.s  cost cutting which he is renown for

No off season transfers  and next window will be bare as any desert 

Levy not being transparent

Rank and file  fans are falling away due to Levy.s mess last nights attendance  confirms this

Poch their mngr  is becoming  very nervous

Under paid players on their books compared to other clubs

No silverware since ???

A return to Thursday night football is beckoning

Have a nice chew over the above 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

A  paper thin squad 

Poor goal difference

Long delay of moving to new stadium due to Levy.s  cost cutting which he is renown for

Rank and file  fans are falling away due to Levy.s mess last nights attendance  confirms this

No silverware since ???

I don’t know about chewing but I can imagine a fair many choking after reading that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So the next time you take the piss out of our crowd itll be ok if we remind you of this excuse then eh.

Makes you wonder what would the crowd have been had it been played at your new ground on the sunday and how many millions you lost because of the move to a monday night Wembley fixture that clearly the spurs fans also didn't want?  what a <deleted> up!

By the way, City sold out the full allocation you gave us so it was Spurs fans who didn't  show.

There were more there than your ground can hold.

Next up?

I wonder what the result would have been if we had started the game with Eriksen and Alli . I know they are not 100% fit, but still couldnt hurt to give them a chance from start. The pitch was terrible but could have easily ended with a win if we had managed to create enough chances.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Surprised !!! Son has been pony since he returned from the Asian Cup and  he has only started 3 PL games with no goals and no assists in 5 appearances, how many games have you seen him play this season ?

yeah , didnt know the stats but he's been 'that' little bit short of the player we had last year,,  and baring a couple of mistakes thought sissoko had a decent game, glad to se walker is still a <deleted>,   

1 hour ago, maximuss99 said:

A  paper thin squad 

Poor goal difference

No silverware since ???

As a potential Tottenham fan I must agree that Spurs have become a bit of a disappointment.

The above summary is pretty accurate and Man City didn't have to be at their best ti win. It was about more than just those 2 mistakes.

Apart from the error for the goal I thought Trippier played well, the defence did pretty well in handling Ageuro and Sterling and there was occasional neat passing going forward. But..... it was oh so thin. Not nearly enough penetration upfront, Lucas and Dier were invisible and Lamela went down more times than a soi Chaiyapoom massage girl! I think I could have put that chance away...  I liked Winks when he came on and it is good that Dele Alli has signed a new contract.

I fear for Spurs; they are a bit like England in the Euros.... they need ALL they key players to firing or they are ineffective. I don't know about the situation with Son but the match last night was made for someone like him (at his best).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah , didnt know the stats but he's been 'that' little bit short of the player we had last year,,  and baring a couple of mistakes thought sissoko had a decent game, glad to se walker is still a <deleted>,   

I would imagine it breaks Walkers heart when he looks at his Premiership winning medal to think “if only Onesie didn’t think I was a <deleted> “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There were more there than your ground can hold.

Next up?

Sidestepping my comments eh ????

Our capacity was extended a couple of years back from 48k to 54k (south stand) and next phase is an increase to 61k (north stand).

Next up for Spurs? Surely its to break the long drought and win a trophy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I would imagine it breaks Walkers heart when he looks at his Premiership winning medal to think “if only Onesie didn’t think I was a <deleted> “

...his Premiership AND his Carabao  Cup winning medals AND his PFA right-back place ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...his Premiership AND his Carabao  Cup winning medals AND his PFA right-back place ...

Just the thought that Guardiola and Southgate would play him regularly if he was a <deleted>. 

The mind boggles. 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Sidestepping my comments eh ????

Our capacity was extended a couple of years back from 48k to 54k (south stand) and next phase is an increase to 61k (north stand).

Next up for Spurs? Surely its to break the long drought and win a trophy.

Next step for the emptihad- find fans that will cheer the CL anthem not boo it. 

R2D2, retractable pitches are not new. Schalke's is probably the most wellknown - it retracts outside the stadium i believe so that the sun, wind and rain can get at it.

have a read, very interesting

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news-archive-1/scx-to-supply-world-first-dividing-retractable-pitch-for-tottenham-hotspur-s-new-stadium/

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2, retractable pitches are not new. Schalke's is probably the most wellknown - it retracts outside the stadium i believe so that the sun, wind and rain can get at it.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news-archive-1/scx-to-supply-world-first-dividing-retractable-pitch-for-tottenham-hotspur-s-new-stadium/

They must have a f***in big wheelbarrow.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Taking all that into consideration Arsenal should therefore finish above us so how much do you want on it ?

You know a little wager, who finishes highest in the League !

Didn't  think betting / gambling was allowed on TV.

Rather than have a wager on who finishes above the other (big deal), how about a wager between you two on something important and relevant - i.e. who wins their next trophy first (either of the 2 European trophies or either of the 3 english trophies)

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Tottenhams is a divided pitch. Says it's a world first so if that's the case they should have known the safety of this would impact the completion.  Surely if they followed the schalke format the HSE would have signed off much earlier. That part that rises around the pitch to join the perimeter with pitch looks a death trap waiting to happen. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

he left spurs under a cloud  cos bottom line poch  prefered trips  and mug city paid ott for a reserve r b and medals dont change nish,,  he makes these great  runs which by the game are becming fewer and fewer  and CONSISTENTLY  fails to deliver a decent  and still gets caught out of position 2 MANY TIMES as per at tottenham . his speed gets him out of shit, take away the speed and  imo  you've  got a less than bulk average r.b,, and did you see where southgate played him ,, he was the man left behind on attacks cos of his speed , take that away and NO DOUBTS southgate wouldnt play him even neville gave him stick last night  out of position 2 many time and 2  many mistakes 

39 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

he left spurs under a cloud  cos bottom line poch  prefered trips  and mug city paid ott for a reserve r b and medals dont change nish,,  he makes these great  runs which by the game are becming fewer and fewer  and CONSISTENTLY  fails to deliver a decent  and still gets caught out of position 2 MANY TIMES as per at tottenham . his speed gets him out of shit, take away the speed and  imo  you've  got a less than bulk average r.b,, and did you see where southgate played him ,, he was the man left behind on attacks cos of his speed , take that away and NO DOUBTS southgate wouldnt play him even neville gave him stick last night  out of position 2 many time and 2  many mistakes 

Sorry, your post construction makes Maximuss look like Mastermind. 

I got lost after the first line. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Both our clubs are owned by foreigners. The only difference between us is that our owners invest in us whereas yours is a tight git. Barca, RM, United, Chelsea etc etc have all been spending big for years and our owners had to play catch up. If your owner doesn't want to do the same blame him, nobody else

not the only diference our owner isnt a persistent human rights abuser and we're open around our finances,, and we work within the 'law'

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

not the only diference our owner isnt a persistent human rights abuser and we're open around our finances,, and we work within the 'law'

How do you know he's never abused human rights? Because it's not been reported? Usually billionaires haven't been too clean and have several closets of secrets. We are also open with our finances has as been proved several times. Don't know what you refer to within the law bit

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Another spurs fan still having problems with Walker leaving you?

We've done the Walker debate many times on this thread and the City thread haven't we. Here's my take on it, again.

He's not a defender's defender. He does rely on his speed. His speed is his main asset defending and/or attacking. He can be frustrating, his is prone to a boob, and he does get forward and waste the opportunity. Pep didn't buy him to be a defending defender, he bought him for his ability to defend and get forward. Interestingly, based on an article i read a while back,  Walker gets forward less for City than he did at Spurs. For us he defends the RB position, supports the winger in front of him and when the ball is on the left wing area he tucks in to central midfield as all our fullbacks have to do (do you remember the commotion about that when Pep first introduced it last season - shock, horror!). Is he a better RB that Trippier or that french lad of yours. In my opinion, overall he is.

Ask yourself this though if he really is as bad a defender as you lot keep making out he is:
1. If he's so bad, why was he named in the Professional Footballers’ Association Premier League Team of the Year (voted for by the other players)?
2. If he's so bad, why does he play for England at Right Back?
3. If he's so bad, why does he play for England as a centre-back in a 3?

Let it go man, let it go, you'll feel so much better.