Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Smokie,

If I had asked the question - assuming you were at the bottom of a 20m hole how would you get out of it, the answer I wouldnt be in it in the first place would not get you many marks. You could at least assume a ladder.

As for Levy says they are not for sale - end of story. That sounds a little trite doesnt it. We (wellapart from you) know it is simply a matter of price.

Smokie,

If I had asked the question - assuming you were at the bottom of a 20m hole how would you get out of it, the answer I wouldnt be in it in the first place would not get you many marks. You could at least assume a ladder.

As for Levy says they are not for sale - end of story. That sounds a little trite doesnt it. We (wellapart from you) know it is simply a matter of price.

My point was clear. There are plenty of players for sale just not Modric or Bale.

He loaned out Simon Caulker to Swansea! Woodgates been released and Ledley only has one knee! Gallas is 34 soon and will need resting.

He signes and 85 year old keeper. He thinks Cudicini warrants a new contract! <deleted>!!

He's chasing "32 year old" Diego Forlan.

Please Mr Levy, don't wait for the courts decision....get rid of Redknapp NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next thing we'll hear is he's let Lennon go to to the scousers and he's bringing in 36 year old Beckham as a replacement.

He is not looking to our future as a club. He' off in six months anyway and you can't build a team on that basis.

This is the manager thats taken all the credit for the emergance of Bale and Sandro and yet would'nt pay either until injuries forced him to. ;)

Edited by carmine

He loaned out Simon Caulker to Swansea! Woodgates been released and Ledley only has one knee! Gallas is 34 soon and will need resting.

He signes and 85 year old keeper. He thinks Cudicini warrants a new contract! <deleted>!!

He's chasing "32 year old" Diego Forlan.

Please Mr Levy, don't wait for the courts decision....get rid of Redknapp NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next thing we'll hear is he's let Lennon go to to the scousers and he's bringing in 36 year old Beckham as a replacement.

He is not looking to our future as a club. He' off in six months anyway and you can't build a team on that basis.

This is the manager thats taken all the credit for the emergance of Bale and Sandro and yet would'nt pay either until injuries forced him to. ;)

Its going to be another long summer mate....keep taking your sedatives! laugh.gif

If you Spuds stopped talking incessantly about all the ups and downs and ins and outs, you'd have a much happier summer :whistling:. Maybe boil-in-the-bag face is taking that approach. :rolleyes:

If you Spuds stopped talking incessantly about all the ups and downs and ins and outs, you'd have a much happier summer :whistling:. Maybe boil-in-the-bag face is taking that approach. :rolleyes:

So your basicly saying SS that we are too noisy and care too much about our team, certainly something you gooners have never been guilty of, ah belly.gif

Too loud man, too loud

:sleepy:

more like a bunch of hypochondriac, whinging, moaning OAP s. biggrin.gif

Trying to deflect from your multiple personality issues.....Clichy has gone...next Fabregas...then Nasri.....how long before Van Persie...who incidentally I hope stays as he only plays 3 games a year! biggrin.gif

Bore off santi, thanks mate

Too loud man, too loud

Morning fishface. At this rate Woolwich are going to have a problem fielding eleven players let alone have anyone on the subs bench.

I can see scrotum face getting banged up and Wenger finally eloping with that french actor bloke he was caught having an affair with.

Hows that for whinging. :lol:

Too loud man, too loud

Morning fishface. At this rate Woolwich are going to have a problem fielding eleven players let alone have anyone on the subs bench.

I can see scrotum face getting banged up and Wenger finally eloping with that french actor bloke he was caught having an affair with.

Hows that for whinging. :lol:

Why can't I get that Ronan Keating song out of my head

'Can't fight it,

Life is a roller-coaster,

just gotta ride it'

Bit like living in Thailand really - gotta love it if you don't take it all too seriously

:rolleyes:

I agree reading between the lines where you mention he is a businessman, if the situ is the same as his former club then ok i (if i was a spurs fan) would have to accept that. He would do well though not to alienate himself from the fans by makeing definate statements like the one regarding Modric not being for sale at any price, as he will lose all trust from you guys.

The above is a quote from a Spurs forum this morning by a fan off the small West London outfit. The board losing our trust??

fuc_king hell its my faith in humanity that's being tested daily......laugh.gif

...I mean you have a huge pile of cash to totally rebuild the squad but you look as though you have a manager who is only going to be around for a year. It doesnt make much sense to me to give it to Harry only to have a new guy come in. Why not keep it and wait until next year when prices will probably be cheaper anyway.

Of course, if Levy didnt give him the money, then Harry might have a huge sulk and go off in a huff which would suit a lot of people. Or maybe if Levy didnt give him the money the lads would be round to smash his car windows.

Management career:

Bournemouth: 83-92

On 7 February 2008, Bournemouth were forced into administration, suffering a 10-point deduction which put them in relegation trouble. Bournemouth had debts of around £4million and almost went out of business completely...

WHU 94-2001

In August 2009 the financial concerns of Icelandic owners parent companies left the current owners unable to provide any funds until a new owner was found. The club's shirt sponsor SBOBET provided the club with help purchase a much needed striker, Alessandro Diamanti...

Portsmouth 2001-04 & 2005-08

Because of the financial problems suffered by the club, Portsmouth were forced to sell several of their top players and earners...As the early stages of the 2009–10 season progressed, the finances dried up and the club admitted on 1 October that some of their players and staff had not been paid...

On 17 March 2010, Portsmouth were docked nine points for entering administration...

Southampton 2004-05

The 2007–08 season went much worse for Southampton with George Burley revealing that players such as Gareth Bale and Kenwyne Jones had to be sold to stop the club going into administration and that not getting promoted put the club in serious financial troubles.

Spurs 2008-?

The clubs Redknapp manages seem to have a habit of incurring debt and going bankrupt.

Not sure whether this is just bad luck or profligate spending on his part.

Let's hope when he leaves Spurs for greener pastures (the England job), the same fate doesn't befall Tottenham. :header:

...I mean you have a huge pile of cash to totally rebuild the squad but you look as though you have a manager who is only going to be around for a year. It doesnt make much sense to me to give it to Harry only to have a new guy come in. Why not keep it and wait until next year when prices will probably be cheaper anyway.

Of course, if Levy didnt give him the money, then Harry might have a huge sulk and go off in a huff which would suit a lot of people. Or maybe if Levy didnt give him the money the lads would be round to smash his car windows.

Management career:

Bournemouth: 83-92

On 7 February 2008, Bournemouth were forced into administration, suffering a 10-point deduction which put them in relegation trouble. Bournemouth had debts of around £4million and almost went out of business completely...

WHU 94-2001

In August 2009 the financial concerns of Icelandic owners parent companies left the current owners unable to provide any funds until a new owner was found. The club's shirt sponsor SBOBET provided the club with help purchase a much needed striker, Alessandro Diamanti...

Portsmouth 2001-04 & 2005-08

Because of the financial problems suffered by the club, Portsmouth were forced to sell several of their top players and earners...As the early stages of the 200910 season progressed, the finances dried up and the club admitted on 1 October that some of their players and staff had not been paid...

On 17 March 2010, Portsmouth were docked nine points for entering administration...

Southampton 2004-05

The 200708 season went much worse for Southampton with George Burley revealing that players such as Gareth Bale and Kenwyne Jones had to be sold to stop the club going into administration and that not getting promoted put the club in serious financial troubles.

Spurs 2008-?

The clubs Redknapp manages seem to have a habit of incurring debt and going bankrupt.

Not sure whether this is just bad luck or profligate spending on his part.

Let's hope when he leaves Spurs for greener pastures (the England job), the same fate doesn't befall Tottenham. :header:

What!! With Daniel Levy in charge of the books! That vicious little man would eat Redknapp for breakfast. Sorry but you and the rest of the library prawn sandwich brigade will have to look elsewhere for our downfall.

Any news yet on the iminent departures of the rest of your first team. I also hear what with the new laws passed Arsene will soon be off to tie the knot with his actor bloke and make an honest geezer out of him

Edited by carmine

Muppet face claims Modric is confused :o that makes him and about 100,000 Spurs supporters ;)

I'm not confused Alf. I prefer to watch the old boy take his rollercoaster ride alone. Modric stays yeah got that bit now we need to make a big signing double quick to keep him happy.

Its time for Levy to take a chance and buy now before we sell. The players who need to move on will when they realise their fun is over....but not until the replacements are bought. Hangers on some of 'em for sure!

Someone needs to explain to Modric that no so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there problems either professionley or personally.

Campbell ( judas ) - won a few medals, but been a total nervous wreck sincing leaving us, next stop Broadmoor :D

Berbatov - won a few medals but never a regular in the first team and now probally worth a third of what they paid for him :(

Carrick - also won a few medals but hasn't set the world alight and probally never reached the heights that Man Ure were expecting

Keane - that goes wothout saying.

I happen to think that like carms posted a while ago, our strongest team would be any 2 from Sandro, Hudd, Palacios / Parker in centre mid with Modric slotting into one of the advanced midfield roles of which we already have the likes of Bale, Lennon, VDV, so we should hold out for 40m and happy days cool1.gif

Ermm...

Your point is clever, but I doubt it really holds up to scrutiny.

Off the top of this senile old man's head; what about Teddy Sherringham? Was he a failure?

I'm sure there are others.

• Like 1

Ermm...

Off the top of this senile old man's head; what about Teddy Sherringham? Was he a failure?

I did'n't list Sheringham as he was coming to the end of his career and wasn't worth a large amount of money ;)

Where have i said that any of the 4 players was a failure ? the point i was making was that when any so called big players have left us life hasn't always been a bed of roses :o

• Like 1

Ermm...

I did'n't list Sheringham as he was coming to the end of his career and wasn't worth a large amount of money ;)

Where have i said that any of the 4 players was a failure ? the point i was making was that when any so called big players have left us life hasn't always been a bed of roses :o

Alfie if he makes a move across London I hope his agent falls under a bus.

We would miss Modric sure but we have decent cover and £40m buys some decent strikers as well. No point creating chances if we can't put the ball in the net.

• Like 1

Ermm...

Sheringham continued to play professionally for 11 years after his transfer from Spurs to MANU in 1997, including a highly successful,4 year career at MANU and a number of England caps, the last one as late as 2001.

He was arguably reaching the 'end of his career' when he returned to Spurs in 2001 :(

A 3.5 Million transfer fee was not considered a small amount of money 14 years ago.

Sheringham continued to play professionally for 11 years after his transfer from Spurs to MANU in 1997, including a highly successful,4 year career at MANU and a number of England caps, the last one as late as 2001.

He was arguably reaching the 'end of his career' when he returned to Spurs in 2001 :(

A 3.5 Million transfer fee was not considered a small amount of money 14 years ago.

Sheringham was 31 when he went to man u hardly at his peak and 3.5m pound was considered a small amount of money compared with Shearers transfer of 15m in that season, we are talking 14 years ago not 114 years ago :lol: .

Incidently you havn't answered this question "Where have i said that any of the 4 players was a failure ? "

My original post was just making a general point about big money moves from Tottenham and all you can talk about is Teddy , any other big money moves you want to argue about ;):D

Someone needs to explain to Modric that no so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there problems either professionley or personally.

Campbell ( judas ) - won a few medals, but been a total nervous wreck sincing leaving us, next stop Broadmoor :D

Berbatov - won a few medals but never a regular in the first team and now probally worth a third of what they paid for him :(

Carrick - also won a few medals but hasn't set the world alight and probally never reached the heights that Man Ure were expecting

Keane - that goes wothout saying.

I happen to think that like carms posted a while ago, our strongest team would be any 2 from Sandro, Hudd, Palacios / Parker in centre mid with Modric slotting into one of the advanced midfield roles of which we already have the likes of Bale, Lennon, VDV, so we should hold out for 40m and happy days cool1.gif

Well i'll be fcuked, an ex-pro has copied my post 113.gif

Micky Hazard has warned Luka Modric the grass isn't always greener after leaving Tottenham.

The Croatian midfielder claimed he would hand in a transfer request to force through a move to Chelsea after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy stated the playmaker would not be leaving the club.

But former Lilywhites midfielder Hazard believes that, while he thinks Modric will sign for the Blues, sometimes a move away from White Hart Lane doesn't always equal success.

"The grass isn't always greener. It's better to play for a good side than be on the bench for a great side"Micky Hazard

Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: "I think we'll be watching him a blue shirt come the start of the season.

"As disappointing as that is, it's clear that the player has made it his goal to play for Chelsea.

"We need to bring loyalty back into the game. Modric should look at [Dimitar] Berbatov, who enforced a move to Manchester United.

"While he's won a couple of trophies I would hardly say his career has gone on for the better.

"At Spurs he was a regular in the team but at Man United he sometimes can't even get on the bench.

"The grass isn't always greener. It's better to play for a good side than be on the bench for a great side."

Edited by alfieconn

I would guess that Modric has already agreed some very attractive personal terms to join Chelsea. That is why he is putting off other teams bidding for him and trying to minimize how much Chelsea have to pay for him. And it explains why he is being a prick over his own contract with Spurs.

I would have some sympathy if Chelsea had offered 40m and Spurs refused to sell him but my guess is that he has been tapped up to the extent that his personal terms are so good that they are expected to come at the expense of his current club.

I remember when he didnt want his wage made public because of the poverty that existed in his own country. He just sounds like a first class prick to me.

I would guess that Modric has already agreed some very attractive personal terms to join Chelsea. That is why he is putting off other teams bidding for him and trying to minimize how much Chelsea have to pay for him. And it explains why he is being a prick over his own contract with Spurs.

I would have some sympathy if Chelsea had offered 40m and Spurs refused to sell him but my guess is that he has been tapped up to the extent that his personal terms are so good that they are expected to come at the expense of his current club.

I remember when he didnt want his wage made public because of the poverty that existed in his own country. He just sounds like a first class prick to me.

Excellent summing up mate. You are not as stupid as i thought. :D