Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Chelsea are really pissing me off now. The second stupid bid is just as derisory. Lets hope it makes Levy up the price by another 5m

Its such ridiculously blatent tapping up. As said earlier, Modric has clearly done a deal with them for personal terms and they think it will enable them to get him on the cheap.

I hope Levy makes them pay 40m plus.....lets face it, they are that stupid in their quest to buy success.

Chelsea are really pissing me off now. The second stupid bid is just as derisory. Lets hope it makes Levy up the price by another 5m

Its such ridiculously blatent tapping up. As said earlier, Modric has clearly done a deal with them for personal terms and they think it will enable them to get him on the cheap.

I hope Levy makes them pay 40m plus.....lets face it, they are that stupid in their quest to buy success.

Yeah £45m now please not a penny less. wink.gif

F***k them all.

Modric is staying, Nasri and Fabregas are going

Modric is going, Nasri and Fabregas are staying

Think I'll stop looking at the websites and wait for the new season.

biggrin.gif The most sensible thing I've seen written for a while that is.

biggrin.gif The most sensible thing I've seen written for a while that is.

Modric is going, Nasri and Fabregas are going

get it correct biggrin.gif

Yeah and where did Man U go? I suspect Modric told them he wanted to play for Chelsea.

Chelsea are blatantly trying to squeeze a deal at 30m.

Levy is a very smart guy and I bet he wont like being played like this. I hope he comes up with something to screw them with.

I have no problem with Modric wanting to play for Chelsea and if Chelsea had made a full and fair bid I would have some sympathy with his right to leave. But trying to screw the club that has given you so much respect is the pits. And we are seeing it more and more. And I believe that all the clubs at it - LFC no exception.

Sheringham continued to play professionally for 11 years after his transfer from Spurs to MANU in 1997, including a highly successful,4 year career at MANU and a number of England caps, the last one as late as 2001.

He was arguably reaching the 'end of his career' when he returned to Spurs in 2001 :(

A 3.5 Million transfer fee was not considered a small amount of money 14 years ago.

Sheringham was 31 when he went to man u hardly at his peak and 3.5m pound was considered a small amount of money compared with Shearers transfer of 15m in that season, we are talking 14 years ago not 114 years ago :lol: .

Incidently you havn't answered this question "Where have i said that any of the 4 players was a failure ? "

My original post was just making a general point about big money moves from Tottenham and all you can talk about is Teddy , any other big money moves you want to argue about ;):D

I get the distint feeling that you are trying to patronise me, so just to get the record straight, let’s take a deeper look at all this.

I didn’t 'keep talking about Teddy'. In my original post I said that Sheringham was a name ‘off the top of my head’ and implied there were others and that your premise that ex Spurs players do not flourish, once they have been sold on, may be flawed.

You challenged my example of Sheringham as someone who did well after leaving Spurs, so I responded. If anyone keeps banging on it is you.

But I still defend what I wrote. Sheringham went on to make 124 Appearances for MANU, scoring 46 goals and collected 3 Premier league winners medals, 1 FA cup winners medal and 1 Champions league medal and was voted player of the by both the PFA and FWA.

You can’t exactly describe that as ‘life not exactly being a bed of roses’ after he left Spurs, can you?

How many Spurs players in the same period picked up even one decent medal?

Now to transfer fees.

Yes, there was a huge transfer fee of 15 Million paid for Shearer, but in 1996-7 the going rate for most Premier League transfers was still well under 10 million and 3.5 Million was still considered a very substantial sum.

In the same season, Chelsea paid a then club record transfer fee of 4.9 M for Di Matteo; Coventry, (then a Premier league team), paid a record 3m for Gary McAllister; Leeds paid 2.25m for Migel Martyn and Arsenal bought Patrick Vierra from AC Milan for 3.5 million, coincidentally the same amount as MANU paid for Sheringham. Need I go on? There are plenty more in the 2- 5 million bracket.

Now to your theory about life not being a bed of roses for players who left Spurs.

Firstly, let’s take two from your list.

Sol Campbell made 195 appearances for Arsenal in a four year spell and picked up two Premier league title medals, one FA cup winners medal, took his team to the final of the Champions League, was part of the team that still hold the record run of 49 unbeaten league games, and on international duty was named in the ‘team of the tournament’ for the 2002 World Cup and the 2004 Euro cup. If Campbell’s life, after leaving Spurs wasn’t a ‘bed of roses’, I don’t know what was.

Michael Carrick has made 231 appearances for MANU since he joined them in 2006, has picked up two Premier league title medals and one Champions League medal, having played the full 120 minutes in the final. Again, I’d be surprised if Carrick wasn’t putting rose petals in his bed every night and giving thanks for the day he was bought by Manu.

As for other ex-Spurs players, well there are so many I could write a book, but here is just a flavour.

Glenn Hoddle went to Monaco, made 69 appearances, picked up a French League title winner’s medal and was voted best foreign player in France; Pat Jennings went to Arsenal and made 327 appearances; Neil Ruddock made 115 appearances for Liverpool; Paul Stewart made 32 appearances for Liverpool; Steve Archibald made 55 appearances for Barcelona; and even our beloved Paul Gascoigne, though beset with injuries, still made 47 appearances for Lazio after which he made 104 appearances for Rangers, scored 30 goals, winning them two league titles, one Scottish cup winners medal, and was voted Player of the Year by the PFA and the FWP.

There is more if you wish…..

I'm in two minds about all of this. We should stick to our guns and not let him go because that's what we've said and it sets the standard for anyone else thinking they can force a move or come in with stupid bids to unsettle players.

But, he's pissed me off, wait for levy to force 40 mil + and take it?

Who knows, luckily its not me who has to decide.

If a player has stated that he wants to leave ...get rid! same as if a player as stated he doesn't want to join you,you go elsewhere and look for something similar.

Ferguson made an approach but was told he wants to go to Chelski same as Nasri by the sounds of it.

Modric is a great player but is burning his bridges now. over 30 million ??? never!

Alfie conn..........your argument is <deleted> mate,trying to make out that a player when leaving spurs goes downhill laugh.giflaugh.gif Oh Teddy Teddy,went to Man United and he won it all,Berbatov same GOLDEN BOOT.

When they leave United they only go downhill NOT Spurs wink.gif

If a player has stated that he wants to leave ...get rid! same as if a player as stated he doesn't want to join you,you go elsewhere and look for something similar.

Ferguson made an approach but was told he wants to go to Chelski same as Nasri by the sounds of it.

Modric is a great player but is burning his bridges now. over 30 million ??? never!

Alfie conn..........your argument is <deleted> mate,trying to make out that a player when leaving spurs goes downhill laugh.giflaugh.gif Oh Teddy Teddy,went to Man United and he won it all,Berbatov same GOLDEN BOOT.

You need only search your own forum on Berbatov.....your tinted specs on again? biggrin.gif

I make no secret of my thoughts on him in this life and in a previous life Smokes,the fact remains he did score a lot of goals last year(TOP SCORER) and won the league something he did not do at the MIGHTY COYS!

biggrin.gif

I hope we swap him for Wesley,i still don't like him he is a lazy luxury player.

My glasses are clear today wink.gif

The one thing I do believe that Levy has on his side is time. Chelsea will be keen to fill the position and might look elsewhere. Modric will ponder a better contract a move elsewhere or Chelsea buggering off. Two months to go. Levy can twiddle his thumbs. See how impatient Chelsea get with their money and how Modric tries to repair things at home.

You and Mobi need to get your reading bins on :o where am i trying to make out when leaving spurs a player goes downhill ? my actual statement was

Someone needs to explain to Modric that no so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there problems either professionley or personally.

For your guide Sheringham wasn't a regular in the utd team in the 4 years he was there and here are some exerts from wiki

Sheringham's first season at Old Trafford was difficult, although he scored 14 goals in all competitions he failed to meet expectations as the 1997–98 season ended without a trophy :o

Speculation that Sheringham would leave United increased just after the 1998–99 season got underway, when Dwight Yorke moved to Old Trafford from Aston Villa. Sheringham's first-team chances were relatively limited but he still managed to get enough Premiership games to qualify for a title winner's medal at the end of the season

Sheringham did not get as many first-team chances as he might have hoped for during 1999-00, but he still played enough times to merit another Premiership title medal

I will be here all day pulling Mobi's post apart but a couple of examples are Paul Stewart 32 appearences :D and Judas having a nervous breakdown, is that not a personnal problem :lol::D.

Mobi, you still havn't answered my question, where have i said that the 4 players were failures ;)

I'm in two minds about all of this. We should stick to our guns and not let him go because that's what we've said and it sets the standard for anyone else thinking they can force a move or come in with stupid bids to unsettle players.

We should take the 40m. modric has lost the Spurs fan base by his actions. We gave him the oppotunity and paid top dollar for him when practicaly everyone else said he was too small for our league. He is a top player but not worth that much. When Redknapp goes to the England job we'll have to restructure anyway.

The one thing I do believe that Levy has on his side is time. Chelsea will be keen to fill the position and might look elsewhere. Modric will ponder a better contract a move elsewhere or Chelsea buggering off. Two months to go. Levy can twiddle his thumbs. See how impatient Chelsea get with their money and how Modric tries to repair things at home.

Essien out for atleast six months and Lampard older than Villas Boas. :whistling:

We should take the 40m. modric has lost the Spurs fan base by his actions. We gave him the oppotunity and paid top dollar for him when practicaly everyone else said he was too small for our league. He is a top player but not worth that much. When Redknapp goes to the England job we'll have to restructure anyway.

For 40m I bet Levy would have sold him in the first place. If Levy gets 35m then that is probably fair price and a big win for Levy as he his getting blackmailed. You have to sell the little shit now anyhow. Rather annoyingly he was one of my favorite footballers in the league. He totally dominated the match against LFC and he seemed a humble guy. At least he is behaving in such a shitty manner I doubt the likes of other Spurs footballers will follow in his footsteps.

You and Mobi need to get your reading bins on :o where am i trying to make out when leaving spurs a player goes downhill ? my actual statement was

Someone needs to explain to Modric that no so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there problems either professionley or personally.

For your guide Sheringham wasn't a regular in the utd team in the 4 years he was there and here are some exerts from wiki

Sheringham's first season at Old Trafford was difficult, although he scored 14 goals in all competitions he failed to meet expectations as the 1997–98 season ended without a trophy :o

Speculation that Sheringham would leave United increased just after the 1998–99 season got underway, when Dwight Yorke moved to Old Trafford from Aston Villa. Sheringham's first-team chances were relatively limited but he still managed to get enough Premiership games to qualify for a title winner's medal at the end of the season

Sheringham did not get as many first-team chances as he might have hoped for during 1999-00, but he still played enough times to merit another Premiership title medal

I will be here all day pulling Mobi's post apart but a couple of examples are Paul Stewart 32 appearences :D and Judas having a nervous breakdown, is that not a personnal problem :lol::D.

Mobi, you still havn't answered my question, where have i said that the 4 players were failures ;)

The clear implications from your attack on Campbell is that he would not have suffered from mental health problems had he remained at Spurs is nonsensical rubbish, and in any event it is a bit below the belt to point out someone's health problems as a reason not to leave a football club.

Whether we like it or not, Campbell enjoyed a spectacular career at Arsenal,(which also covered the period when he captained England), as did Sheringham at Manu.

As to responding to your question, you said:

"No so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there (sic) problems either professionley (sic) or personally".

You also stated:

"life hasn't always been a bed of roses"

I think I responded to both those statements adequately and in particular I have quoted your 'bed of roses' bit frequently in my second response. Happy?

I think I have made my points quite adequately so you can spend all year trying to refute what I say but the facts speak for themselves.

I have already lost interest. It has become a pretty boring debate as your main contention is without any real substance, and there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that they would have been better off staying at Spurs. :boring:

Like all professional sportsmen, Footballer's careers have their ups and downs whether they remain in one place or move around.

FA cup winner medals!, Premier League Winner's medals! Champions league winner's medals!, playing for your country - captaining your country! What does it take for an ex Spurs player to enjoy TOTAL SUCCESS???

Oh, sorry, I wasn't thinking, coming fifth in the P.League with Spurs and qualifying for the Europa play off round,far outweighs any of the foregoing! ;)

Your post seems to be some kind of perverse justification you have dreamed up to explain away the desertion of some of Spurs' best players to pastures new, where in your mind they didn't enjoy total success. Yet in point of fact they all went on to acquire accolades and awards which they would never have achieved had they stayed put, and if you and your mates think any different, you are living in a sad deluded dream-world. :)

It looks like Modric will soon be following in their footsteps. B)

^Good post...... put these dreamers firmly in their place :D

One swallow does not make a summer,back to reality soon for your boys.

I have supported Spurs for over 58 years, but have yet to lose touch with reality..... :D

Alfie conn..........your argument is <deleted> mate,trying to make out that a player when leaving spurs goes downhill laugh.gif Oh Teddy Teddy,went to Man United and he won it all,Berbatov same GOLDEN BOOT.

When they leave United they only go downhill NOT Spurs

No mention of Teddy then :o:D

Sheringham's first season at Old Trafford was difficult, although he scored 14 goals in all competitions he failed to meet expectations as the 199798 season ended without a trophy :o

Speculation that Sheringham would leave United increased just after the 199899 season got underway, when Dwight Yorke moved to Old Trafford from Aston Villa. Sheringham's first-team chances were relatively limited but he still managed to get enough Premiership games to qualify for a title winner's medal at the end of the season

Mobi, you still havn't answered my question, where have i said that the 4 players were failures

The clear implications from your attack on Campbell is that he would not have suffered from mental health problems had he remained at Spurs is nonsensical rubbish, and in any event it is a bit below the belt to point out someone's health problems as a reason not to leave a football club.

Whether we like it or not, Campbell enjoyed a spectacular career at Arsenal,(which also covered the period when he captained England), as did Sheringham at Manu.

As to responding to your question, you said:

"No so called big player that has left Spurs has gone on to be a total success and all have had there (sic) problems either professionley (sic) or personally".

You also stated:

"life hasn't always been a bed of roses"

I think I responded to both those statements adequately and in particular I have quoted your 'bed of roses' bit frequently in my second response. Happy?

I think I have made my points quite adequately so you can spend all year trying to refute what I say but the facts speak for themselves.

I have already lost interest. It has become a pretty boring debate as your main contention is without any real substance, and there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that they would have been better off staying at Spurs.

Like all professional sportsmen, Footballer's careers have their ups and downs whether they remain in one place or move around.

FA cup winner medals!, Premier League Winner's medals! Champions league winner's medals!, playing for your country - captaining your country! What does it take for an ex Spurs player to enjoy TOTAL SUCCESS???

Oh, sorry, I wasn't thinking, coming fifth in the P.League with Spurs and qualifying for the Europa play off round,far outweighs any of the foregoing!

Your post seems to be some kind of perverse justification you have dreamed up to explain away the desertion of some of Spurs' best players to pastures new, where in your mind they didn't enjoy total success. Yet in point of fact they all went on to acquire accolades and awards which they would never have achieved had they stayed put, and if you and your mates think any different, you are living in a sad deluded dream-world.

It looks like Modric will soon be following in their footsteps.

To be fair mate i can't even be bothered to answer some of your drivel, the comment that sums up your post's is when you mentioned Paul Stewart's 32 appearences as making him a total success at Liverpool :o

Footnote : after my info from wikipedia, no mention of Teddy then :D

Edited by alfieconn

£35-40m for Modric? haha you got to be joking! he is just worth £25m at the very most, we should pay £28m and throw in Mikel just to smooth things over and let Levy think he has got a good deal!

£35-40m for Modric? haha you got to be joking! he is just worth £25m at the very most, we should pay £28m and throw in Mikel just to smooth things over and let Levy think he has got a good deal!

What the <deleted> are you on dude? :whistling:

As for Mikel, theres absolutely no chance of that bufoon evening getting a look in in our midfield....but then again, i think you know that ;)

CHELSEA. A SMALL TEAM, BUYING SUCCESS.

Edited by carmine

As for Mikel, theres absolutely no chance of that bufoon evening getting a look in in our midfield....but then again, i think you know that ;)

Take no notice of Seapoke carms, he's just pulling ya plonker :D Torres was 50m, Ramires 22m, Henderson 20m, even he knows that makes Modric worth 35-40m 3.gif .

Take no notice of Seapoke carms, he's just pulling ya plonker :D Torres was 50m, Ramires 22m, Henderson 20m, even he knows that makes Modric worth 35-40m 3.gif .

I don't think he even knows how to find the stadium for their game in Bangkok.

Ever been to Stamford Bridge Alfredo? Right bunch of retards. :)

I don't think he even knows how to find the stadium for their game in Bangkok.

Ever been to Stamford Bridge Alfredo? Right bunch of retards. :)

Funny you say that carms, i did once sit in the chelsea end, i thought i was on the film set of "one flew over the cuckoos nest" :D

Ledley to miss our pre season....he's having another knee op!! Redknapp releases Woodgate (who was finally fit :rolleyes: ) and puts the very talented Simon Caulker out on loan for a year. I have a feeling he's also loaned out the South African aswell.

STOP PRESS Tottenham have injury crisis at center back after a couple of months but its nothing to do with Redknapp and if we think it is were idiots. :whistling: Ofcourse, if he was to sign Cahill i'd stand corrected but, then again i might even win lotto next week.