Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A quick question for the whole forum; What the hell is Cahill still doing at Bolton? Madness a player of that quality not playing for a bigger club.....

Perhaps he has the wrong agent.

Ten bob says he won't be there by the end of August. Long way to go until 6pm on 31st August. If nobody else bids stupid money Wenger will eventually reluctantly turn out his pockets (assuming the Fab/Nas money is secure).

I'll go one better and say ten bob says a deal with someone is signed by August 24th (date of Arsenal's second leg away to Udinese in the CL). Once (if) kicked out of that competition Wenger has no chance of a trophy signing.

My comment was more directed towards his wage demands. He isn't a top player yet and should be asking fair wages...but it seems he thinks he deserves top dollar already. This is widepread though I guess nowadays.

He won't be arriving at WHL with hat approach and only panic buying from your prof will see him at the library. With £60m in the bank the board can hardly object I suppose. He's a good player but a way off proven.

Looks like it could be Adebayor, while i'm not a great lover of him or any african come to that, at least it means he won't be scoring against us and will give more than 100% when we play the goons :D

And a little bit of C + P seapoke style :o

our desperation re strikers is caused by a few factors,ridiculous asking prices,crazy wage demands and lastly harry constantly changing his f55king mind,he did it in all jan with van bommel and now is doing it with striking options,dl aint happy cos he knows harry is media savvy and will pass buck, dl will get grief if we are left with pav and crouch up top come sept,that relationship aint brill and as ive said before if either a slow start or harry goes down dl is big anceloti fan

I'm happy to have any striker that can score.

Still can't work out how we'll get him with his wage demands Alf.

Two questions on my mind at the mo; whats wrong with the cahill situation that sees him still at Bolton? Secondly, why did'nt we secure Leandro Damiao? OK wages and 14m asking price from our affiliate club!!

I'd have loved both of those players, would'nt you?

I'm happy to have any striker that can score.

Still can't work out how we'll get him with his wage demands Alf.

Two questions on my mind at the mo; whats wrong with the cahill situation that sees him still at Bolton? Secondly, why did'nt we secure Leandro Damiao? OK wages and 14m asking price from our affiliate club!!

I'd have loved both of those players, would'nt you?

I'm still not sure that a new centre half is priority carms :o i'd rather put the money towards a forward even it means being a bit short at centre arf.

Anyway here's the take on Adebayor apparently :

Ok re adebayor DL has reluctantly agreed to split his 175k a week wages on one yr loan city will pay rest of his wages deal,combination of 3 things now means this deal likely,mancini wants him away from first team squad,we are getting desperate and jose has not followed through with his initial interest

Although i'm against loan deals this would probaly make sense, perhaps they will get Damiao in Jan or review the centre forward position next summer after saggers has gone.

Edited by alfieconn

Although i'm against loan deals this would probaly make sense, perhaps they will get Damiao in Jan or review the centre forward position next summer after saggers has gone.

While I see the sense in this it might not be viewed so well by Modric Bale Sandro and VDV...no use getting a new manager in just as half the team are looking for an exit.

I love to watch you guys trying to convince yourselves to get comfortable with hiring a lazy <deleted> like Adebayor. Where's the shouting screaming and stamping of feet .. is this the best you can do for us Levy??

A loan deal like that I'd snap their arm off. Still can't believe they'd let us have him though. Remember Bellamy?

Well if Mancini is desperate to get rid and no one else wants him :oand perhaps they dont view us as competition anymore ;)

You may well be right there. Ots got to be top two forthem this year I guess. I hope this one comes off Alf as he would be a fantastic addition to our squad. Also in the immediate future it would free up funds for buying a central defender of quality as we have currently only Dawson and Kaboul who look both good enough and fit enough for a whole campaign.

A loan deal like that I'd snap their arm off. Still can't believe they'd let us have him though. Remember Bellamy?

Well if Mancini is desperate to get rid and no one else wants him :oand perhaps they dont view us as competition anymore ;)

Normal Spurs wanting freebes

Adeyboyor is just the start what about the other signings at the wastelands....that is one thing you have in common,a load of shit that you can't get rid of.

I could start a list but hahahahaaa! :lol:

Normal Spurs wanting freebes

Perfectly normal for a club like yours to pay us homage from time to time.

COYS.

Surprised Spurs haven't made any signings yet! I thought they were trying to show Modric their ambition!

Maybe they have to sell first. Too many players in the squad not playing but they can't seem to move them on ( Keane, Bentley etc)

Always kinda liked Spurs. I'm sure Harry might pull a few rabbits from the hat before the end of the month!

Always kinda liked Spurs. I'm sure Harry might pull a few rabbits from the hat before the end of the month!

We're glad you've always kinda liked us....means we can all sleep a lot easier tonight :lol:

i'd rather he pull a few centre forwards out myself :D

Surprised Spurs haven't made any signings yet! I thought they were trying to show Modric their ambition!

Maybe they have to sell first. Too many players in the squad not playing but they can't seem to move them on ( Keane, Bentley etc)

Keane has now gone to LA Galaxy, according to BBC website for £3.5M, which i think is a good price. Keane was quoted as saying he had always wanted to play in MLS blink.gif Yeah as a young boy that's what i always dreamed of....laugh.gif

Now if Messrs Levy and Redknapp would care to loosen those purse strings we have a whopping 3.5M to lavish on someone! ermm.gif

Keane has now gone to LA Galaxy, according to BBC website for £3.5M, which i think is a good price. Keane was quoted as saying he had always wanted to play in MLS blink.gif Yeah as a young boy that's what i always dreamed of....laugh.gif

Now if Messrs Levy and Redknapp would care to loosen those purse strings we have a whopping 3.5M to lavish on someone! ermm.gif

We've brought in £8.5m now but more importantly there is a space for a new striker. Who will we sign?

Adebayor...Llorente...or another?? unsure.gif

Adebayor it is then ;)

Easy Alf, lets wait and see..still time for us to blow it. (like we seem to be doing with Lass Diarra) theres a few on here just waiting to have a laugh. Mindyou, they'll be quiet if we do get him won't they and it seems the retards that follow Arsenal Woolwich are rather concerned too.

Changing the subject and talking about tosser pudits, i had the misfortune to listen to "football expert" Gabriele Marcotti the other day. When asked to appraise the top six, he reckond theres still a very big gap between Arsenal and us and Liverpool. <deleted>. He's a idiot....if anything at the rate its going they'll be without Clichy and Fabrgas already and you could be adding Nasri and Song to the list. Why do twits like this get paid to spout such crap? If Arsenal lose anymore players and don't buy a couple of top quality replacements they could be in all sorts of trouble. I also don't think 1-0 carried over to Italy will be enough either.

It was good to hear Pleat commentating again at the weekend. Everyone takes the piss out of him but i swear he's got one of the shrewdist football brains around today. The general standard of commentating on true, Pleaty aside, is f_uckin aweful. The "you can never count out Man Utd" crowd and the "that night in Istanbul" unimaginative bores.

Adebayor it is then ;)

.....The general standard of commentating on true, Pleaty aside, is f_uckin aweful......

$hit - I find myself in total agreement with a Spud :rolleyes: I assume these are the Sky commentator teams, but didn't Sky used to have Andy Gray? He knew his onions.

I particularly dislike that guy with the strong Black Country accent (not because of his accent). He interrupts his colleague to state the bleedin obvious as if it is utterences from a football master - no analysis at all.

Still trying to find out if we're on tv.

Squad is looking really week for tonights games. Not that this is very important but we'll be needing a few faces back for monday night. The midfield looks decimated and we have'nt even started our season! Whats going on in training i wonder?

Just had a flick through the TV guide on True Gold and couldn't find it anywhere :(

Theres an outside chance of channel 3 or 7

Even the Thais won't watch Club Europe League Qualifying matches.

Last year they shown 1 match each round on ch 3 or ch7 they didn't advertise them games so just sit up & try. Get a good download site like justin tv just incase it isnt on tv