Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Where has anyone said that its only Howard Webb who gives decisions against us ? I believe Clattenburg is an even bigger culprit :o

Dont worry Alfie we are clearly having 2 separate conversations several stratospheres apart. Where has anyone said that Howard Webb gives bias decisions against you?

102.gif102.gif102.gif

One things for sure....woolwich Arsenal are a team in all sorts of trouble. Nasri's bags are already packed and any injury to key players does'nt appear to have any decent replacement. Wenger looks like a desperate drowning rat. The lidrary exhibiting its usual lifeless atmosphere, and the miserable souless supporters whining already. :crying:

They'll be out of the CL very soon because i very much doubt a one nil lead is good enough.

Happy days..................:)

One things for sure....woolwich Arsenal are a team in all sorts of trouble. Nasri's bags are already packed and any injury to key players does'nt appear to have any decent replacement. Wenger looks like a desperate drowning rat. The lidrary exhibiting its usual lifeless atmosphere, and the miserable souless supporters whining already. :crying:

They'll be out of the CL very soon because i very much doubt a one nil lead is good enough.

that's why goons like yourself and alfie weren't prepared to put your money where your mouth is pre season ( unlike smokie ) and put a wager on the fact that you would finish higher than us in the league this year at the umpteenth time of trying. wink.gif

that's why goons like yourself and alfie weren't prepared to put your money where your mouth is pre season ( unlike smokie ) and put a wager on the fact that you would finish higher than us in the league this year at the umpteenth time of trying. wink.gif

I find it contemptable that you would take advantage of smokie's gambling habit. :lol:

Anyway, how dare you suggest i would be so stupid as to place a bet on the finshing positions when the transfer window has'nt even finished!!!!!! Anyway, i have a feeling that after this windows closed i am going to view Arsenal as largely irrelevent. Our focas is on Chelsea Liverpuddle and City as utd are clearly better than the rest at the moment.

And i thought you were the goons 40.gif

1) First of all I didnt say Carmine was wrong to indicate bias against Spurs merely that supporters often believe in bias when it is not supported by the data. (I will happily admit that if I was a referee and I did have a bias against a club I would also know how to make the data imply otherwise.)

2) If you happen to think that two decisions going against you that were clearly wrong is proof of 'bias' when it clearly falls within the boundaries of misjudgement, you are the one who is being bias. If you have had more than your fair share of bad luck with decisions at least you know that historic luck is no indication of future luck.

And you have proved my point. Which is that you have chosen exactly one data point to prove 'bias' and that my argument that the 'bias' might be a myth is untrue. If you properly test the data over 40 matches (with Howard Webb) you find that evidence suggests that 'bias' is a myth and you are simply being 'bias' with your data.

@2) Yes we are all biased on this thread. biggrin.gif

I find it contemptable that you would take advantage of smokie's gambling habit. :lol:

Anyway, how dare you suggest i would be so stupid as to place a bet on the finshing positions when the transfer window has'nt even finished!!!!!! Anyway, i have a feeling that after this windows closed i am going to view Arsenal as largely irrelevent. Our focas is on Chelsea Liverpuddle and City as utd are clearly better than the rest at the moment.

I've won on the gee gees four weeks running now....my habit is gaining pace and my weekly £14 outlay is giving me real cause for concern. Maybe I should up it given my streak of good fortune! smile.gif

Is this the final part of the Modric/Chelsea tapping up saga with him being so upset he isn't up to playing for us in one of our biggest games of the season?

His heads not right! :sick:

The young man has a very short memory. levy was the only chairman to have faith in such a small player back in 2008 and paid an aweful lot of money at the time.

Interesting to see how the players react to his absence.

Is this the final part of the Modric/Chelsea tapping up saga with him being so upset he isn't up to playing for us in one of our biggest games of the season?

The young man has a very short memory. levy was the only chairman to have faith in such a small player back in 2008 and paid an aweful lot of money at the time.

Might have done us a favour carms if he's not at OT tonight, at least it means that ole red nose can't whisper sweet nothings in his earole all night :D

Hmmm wait till the window closes then fine him two weeks wages.....ya don't play then no pay.

Despicable behaviour from Modric.

Might have done us a favour carms if he's not at OT tonight, at least it means that ole red nose can't whisper sweet nothings in his earole all night :D

Its sure going to be an interesting team set up. :whistling:

freidal is a mistake, &lt;deleted&gt; ari !!!!<br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">lets hope Im wrong <br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">but age started to show at the end of last season<br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">and in pre season!!!

freidal is a mistake, &lt;deleted&gt; ari !!!!<br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">lets hope Im wrong <br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">but age started to show at the end of last season<br style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">and in pre season!!!

I agree that friedel isn't the future! But Gomez would have let 2 in so far!

I'm not sure where you are watching and what commentary that you are receiving, but my half time comments watching on True Sport 1 are! Man U 0, Spurs 0

It's a game with few chances because Spurs are defending well (not immaculate).

My moan is that the English commentator ( I don't recognize his voice, his co-commentator (well respected)) called him Danny) is unbelievably biased towards Man U!

I just had live half time- punditry from Andy and Gareth Southgate! firtst time in years!

I think that they may be the commentators, and are unable to do the job! Punditry is 1 thing, commentating is another!

Man U have been poor in the first half, let's hope they continue! Round 2 - bing bing! Bye bye!

I'm not sure where you are watching and what commentary that you are receiving, but my half time comments watching on True Sport 1 are! Man U 0, Spurs 0

It's a game with few chances because Spurs are defending well (not immaculate).

My moan is that the English commentator ( I don't recognize his voice, his co-commentator (well respected)) called him Danny) is unbelievably biased towards Man U!

I just had live half time- punditry from Andy and Gareth Southgate! firtst time in years!

I think that they may be the commentators, and are unable to do the job! Punditry is 1 thing, commentating is another!

Man U have been poor in the first half, let's hope they continue! Round 2 - bing bing! Bye bye!

Must say spurs are crap . Lennon , Bale & Defoe may as well not be on the pitch they are garbage.

Decent enuf effort, but at the end of the day we just weren't up to it. Oh what might have been though if lennon had pulled it back to van the man early in 2nd half, And looks like I was wrong about freidal.

Decent enuf effort, but at the end of the day we just weren't up to it. Oh what might have been though if lennon had pulled it back to van the man early in 2nd half, And looks like I was wrong about freidal.

I thought Spurs was crap .They didn't even try to get forward but then from what I seen Lenon ,Defoe Bale & VDV are over rated garbage. I hope they play like that on Sunday . We (City) will maul them.

Just under 50 minutes and the mighty Spurs will walk out at Old Trafford! I've gone for a 2-2 (Banker), unless the referee robs us again!

Hahahaha the mighty spurs really showed the Mancs a thing or two about total football didn't they, interesting to see if Modric plays on Sunday

Grrrrr.....so we were shit. First game of the new season against the champions and probably elect as well.

The game turned on Lennon failing to square it to VDV....that gave them confidence and we never recovered from it. Well they never let us in the last half hour they showed us why they are the best team in the league right now.

As to our hopes of signing anyone it will all happen last minute if at all. Surprisingly we need attacking options it would seem.

Ok, 1 game out of 38, that is 2.6% of the season, and away to Man U! The hardest game of the season, out of the way. Let's raise our hopes and dreams! Judging by the overall performances, we can still manage 4th at least!

Edit - Speeling! COYS!

Edited by trevorg

Very convincing Utd win. No complaints, and even the referee was even handed for once. Utd are a cut above the rest with only City looking like they could stay with them. Arsenal and Liverpool can forget it and with or without Modric Chelsea are aging and light weight in midfield. It might only be the first weekend but i think its a good marker. i hope the Liverpuddle fans arn't too offended and i'm not interested what the Chelsea lot think.

Going to OT we needed to be at full strength. We are simply not good enough to play them without Modric, Sandro King, fully fit Huddlestone and the experience of Gallas. This is no excuse. Utd had their injuries too. And look at the depth of talent/experience on the bench! They don't have a keeper problem either, more a young lad just settling in.

Nowhere near enough movement off the ball, strikers with an alergy to scoring, and no one winning the ball back in midfield. Fortunately this as usual was on my "no pointers" list for the season as were not normally allowed to win anyway. :)

Please please can we have a striker next weekend, lest we be subjected to another 90 minutes of Jermaine Defoe. I'm pleased that he obviously thinks he's a good player as i think he's crap

Four seasons ago I thought Jermaine was great (I can't think whether that was Portsmouth or not?). Two seasons ago I thought that Lennon was great. Thank the Welsh God for Bale, I know he falls over alot, but he is running very fast when he does so!

Has Ledley got a prosthetic knee - bring him back! (not), I think that Kaboul overall did OK!

Leave it you Smurf!