Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Firstly, how the fuc can anyone go with Benitez, it was only in the last season he was lacking cash, he WASTED SO much wedge,, admittedly he had a good handle on the big one off games,but winning the prem always seemed to be beyond him and more to the point, the teams he put together. It could / should be argued that his squad was so poor it took the return of dagliesh and an injection of 100 mil? to get them anywhere near where they were when benitez took them over, and as for Hodgson, well did he really stand a chance for me a portion of his failure was directly down to benitez and his poor purchases.

As for moyes, a whiner with a chip on his shoulder who seemingly luvs blaming the world for what went wrong, fuc_k him, he suits merseyside, let him rot there, thats personal, as 4 football, spurs similar to man utd have a tradition of playing fast attractive open attacking football, hand on heart have you ever seen a moyes team do that, decent enuf footballers but hard competitive nasty aggressive all come to mind when i think of his teams, long time since an everton teams been fast flowing and attractive!!!! Luv him or hate him aris put together a TRADITIONAL spurs team, could Moyes put a SPURS team together, nah not in a lifetime me thinks.

As for coyle, no european experience, and politically imo would be so far out of his depth at w.h.l it would be embarrassing. the wives would eat him alive.!!! Hughes, you are just having laugh if yo want to go the blackburn/ man city route, wide men with good target men, fine in the prem, but he would never in mil years have won it or conquered europe with that style. man city saw its limitations, and what the fuc happened to him a fulham, decent enuf showing but ultimately a bad move to walk. So who's left? no one's said a word about crapello, more than decent club record and barring a poor t/ment record, and under what manager can england say theyve ever performed to expectations in t/monts, robson ansd ramsey excused? a very good in International record or maybe the out oof work ancelloti, would suit, as hes used to picking the remains of other mangers teams, keeping them running/ticking over, or maybe then somewhere over the rainbow????

Firstly, how the fuc can anyone go with Benitez, it was only in the last season he was lacking cash, he WASTED SO much wedge,, admittedly he had a good handle on the big one off games,but winning the prem always seemed to be beyond him and more to the point, the teams he put together. It could / should be argued that his squad was so poor it took the return of dagliesh and an injection of 100 mil? to get them anywhere near where they were when benitez took them over, and as for Hodgson, well did he really stand a chance for me a portion of his failure was directly down to benitez and his poor purchases.

As for moyes, a whiner with a chip on his shoulder who seemingly luvs blaming the world for what went wrong, fuc_k him, he suits merseyside, let him rot there, thats personal, as 4 football, spurs similar to man utd have a tradition of playing fast attractive open attacking football, hand on heart have you ever seen a moyes team do that, decent enuf footballers but hard competitive nasty aggressive all come to mind when i think of his teams, long time since an everton teams been fast flowing and attractive!!!! Luv him or hate him aris put together a TRADITIONAL spurs team, could Moyes put a SPURS team together, nah not in a lifetime me thinks.

As for coyle, no european experience, and politically imo would be so far out of his depth at w.h.l it would be embarrassing. the wives would eat him alive.!!! Hughes, you are just having laugh if yo want to go the blackburn/ man city route, wide men with good target men, fine in the prem, but he would never in mil years have won it or conquered europe with that style. man city saw its limitations, and what the fuc happened to him a fulham, decent enuf showing but ultimately a bad move to walk. So who's left? no one's said a word about crapello, more than decent club record and barring a poor t/ment record, and under what manager can england say theyve ever performed to expectations in t/monts, robson ansd ramsey excused? a very good in International record or maybe the out oof work ancelloti, would suit, as hes used to picking the remains of other mangers teams, keeping them running/ticking over, or maybe then somewhere over the rainbow????

The performance of England isn't really Capello's fault imho because England are just basically crap.

His club managerial record is excellent and i'd be delighted with Don Fabio or Ancellotti for that matter.

I don't think that Moyes would be that keen on going to your lot,where have these rumours come from? Or is it just International week! :rolleyes:

Harry will never get the England job.

I just don't understand why you keep saying he'll never be England manager. If he get off his fraud charge he's a shoe in for the job.

Re Moyes, rumours or not, his name is always linked if a reasonably big club is looking for a manager.

I see thecase for Moyes. But, simply put, ofcourse he's a good enough manger to manage us, but not experienced enough to manage us in europe if we meet our champions league aspirations.

Yes, I would agree that Moyes has no CL experience. But I also think that is a ludicrously optimistic assumption on which to reject him.

You are competing with 5 clubs that have substantially higher revenues than Spurs. Of the 5, one has double your revenues and another 2 have unlimited wealth. Really your first priority should be to a recruit a manager that can actually get you into CL because a) it is a very sizable challenge in itself and B) the a very sizable portion of the money from CL comes from simply taking part in the Group stages. And I would argue you need a manager who is experienced in managing a club with limited resources and getting the best out of them. Spurs choosing a manager because he will do well in Europe is a bit like Chelsea recruiting Roy Hodgson because he is very effective in a relegation battle.

Edited by Abrak

I see thecase for Moyes. But, simply put, ofcourse he's a good enough manger to manage us, but not experienced enough to manage us in europe if we meet our champions league aspirations.

Yes, I would agree that Moyes has no CL experience. But I also think that is a ludicrously optimistic assumption on which to reject him.

You are competing with 5 clubs that have substantially higher revenues than Spurs. Of the 5, one has double your revenues and another 2 have unlimited wealth. Really your first priority should be to a recruit a manager that can actually get you into CL because a) it is a very sizable challenge in itself and B) the a very sizable portion of the money from CL comes from simply taking part in the Group stages. And I would argue you need a manager who is experienced in managing a club with limited resources and getting the best out of them. Spurs choosing a manager because he will do well in Europe is a bit like Chelsea recruiting Roy Hodgson because he is very effective in a relegation battle.

I don't see why we should limit ourselves to Moyes when Ancellotti, for example, would like to manage us. Secondly our focus is always based on "just getting" to the CL. Levy is aware that the group stage revenues are substanial enough regardless of the knockout revenue.

My arguement is simple. Yes, Moyes is a very competent manager. But i think we can get better.

I don't see why we should limit ourselves to Moyes when Ancellotti, for example, would like to manage us. Secondly our focus is always based on "just getting" to the CL. Levy is aware that the group stage revenues are substantial enough regardless of the knockout revenue.

My arguement is simple. Yes, Moyes is a very competent manager. But i think we can get better.

Ok fair enough (although it wont make much difference if it pisses off after a couple of years.)

Moyes's management skills in the premiership go well beyond competent though. Over the last 5 years Everton have a slightly better record on average than Spurs (6.2 v 6.6). Everton has finished no lower than 8th. What is impressive though is that no team that has spent less than Everton has beaten Everton over that 5 year period. If you take the latest complete published data (09/10), Everton spent 54m on wages, Tottenham 67m and Liverpool 111m - rising to Chelsea at 173m. Spurs cannot afford to have the salary base of the 5 richest (in terms) of revenues clubs in the Premiership and you must outperform two of them to qualify for CL. Spurs are clearly far more efficiently run than a club like Liverpool but you should accept that Liverpool was a total shambles until recently.

Everton bang for buck have been even better than Tottenham and by definition you are going to need that because you cant outspend the opposition.

Ancellotti is obviously a good manager but over the last 10 years he has managed Juventus (2nd richest club in Italy), mostly Milan (the richest in Italy) and the third richest in Europe during 2000-05 and of course Chelsea.

As it is a slow couple of weeks I thought someone might be interested in this. It is about Harry's case. I didnt know much about it before and didnt take it too seriously.

http://thestory.ie/2011/08/03/harry-redknapp-tax-evasion-and-mandarics-offshore-account/

The blog contains documents from the Crown Prosecution to the US authorities. Pages 20 to 30 are the interesting bits.

I think it is Red who always says that Redknapp will never be made England manager and I can now see why.

As it is a slow couple of weeks I thought someone might be interested in this. It is about Harry's case. I didnt know much about it before and didnt take it too seriously.

http://thestory.ie/2...fshore-account/

The blog contains documents from the Crown Prosecution to the US authorities. Pages 20 to 30 are the interesting bits.

I think it is Red who always says that Redknapp will never be made England manager and I can now see why.

To be fair, we've always said "if" he gets off the fraud casehe'll get the England job and theres little to suggest otherwise.

For the benefit of those who don't know about this case, its very serious for him and he could well be found guilty. To take him to trial the CPS obviously think they have a very strong case.

I just can't believe people would think Harry is a crook and a wheeler dealer

Beeb this morning is reporting that Spurs' legal action will stop the transfer of the Olympic Stadium to West Ham.

If that leads to Spurs occupying a big venue then football and the stadium will be much better off (I'm sure many of the local fans won't see it that way). If the legal action was just a spoiler and West Ham end up continuing to inhabit the stadium under some rental agreement (which is what the Beeb are predicting) I'm left wondering <deleted> the Spurs action was all about.

Beeb this morning is reporting that Spurs' legal action will stop the transfer of the Olympic Stadium to West Ham.

If that leads to Spurs occupying a big venue then football and the stadium will be much better off (I'm sure many of the local fans won't see it that way). If the legal action was just a spoiler and West Ham end up continuing to inhabit the stadium under some rental agreement (which is what the Beeb are predicting) I'm left wondering <deleted> the Spurs action was all about.

If Transport For London would fund the transport system properly around the Tottenham area then i would see no reason why the Northumberland Park Project wouldn't go ahead. Buffoon Boris's offer is simply not good enough.

What make me angry is that he's making it out to be about our club. What it should be about is an area of London that has been ignored and deprieved of regeneration money for years. And now the tory toff wants Spurs to pay for a load of it.

Its all about the £50m loan which was a crazy idea froum a lunatic council anyway. No doubt the kickbacks from the redevelopment at Upton Park will continue though...watch this space.

Its all about the £50m loan which was a crazy idea froum a lunatic council anyway. No doubt the kickbacks from the redevelopment at Upton Park will continue though...watch this space.

The public sector is going to end up financing that stadium for WHU, whether its done by the Council or some other mechanism. So if Spurs were launching a legal action purely 'in the public interest' I don't think they'll achieve their objectives. Can understand it if they still have designs on the stadium (which I hope they do, being the only big sports franchise within kicking distance).

Edit: Just heard some bloke from the Stadium bid committee on Radio 2. Reading between the lines they are blaming Spurs legal action for delays that makes them rent it out rather than sell, but they rather like that idea because then they can have it back for some athletics event in 2018. Sounds like they are using you Spuds as an excuse :rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

Edit: Just heard some bloke form the Stadium bid committee on Radio 2. Reading between the lines they are blaming Spurs legal action for delays that males them rent it out rather than sell, but they rather like that idea because then they can have it back for some athletics event in 2018. Sounds like they are using you SPuds as an excuse :rolleyes:

The public sector is going to end up financing that stadium for WHU, whether its done by the Council or some other mechanism. So if Spurs were launching a legal action purely 'in the public interest' I don't think they'll achieve their objectives. Can understand it if they still have designs on the stadium (which I hope they do, being the only big sports franchise within kicking distance).

Looks like it will happen at a rate of £3m a year from central government rather than the huge chunk from Newham council. Something for the locals to cheer perhaps?

We don't want their stadium anyway.

The thing is smok's if we develop and still play at white hart lane, it may well have a disastrous effect on our cash flow, i think we could well struggle to do financially maintain a top 4/5 side, the arse wipes have been enviably prudent and managed to do that and come through a trying financial time with flying colors. Would we be able to repeat the process, personally i have my doubts, our real estate worth is no where as near what arsenals was and whilst we have quietly been buying land around white hart lane the areas transport infrastructure is somewhat poor and i would imagine to be a sticking point for the club. So whilst not totally favor of a move out of the area basically for totally subjective reasons, financially a move to the Olympic stadium makes a lot of sense there are probably over a billion reasons why, we could develop that whilst still operate at the lane, . But the answer for it all really is ground share, why the fuc_k english football cant get it's head around it. I dont know

spurs one week and west ham the next, PERFECT in every way Barring this fuc_king stupid english mentality. Ah well, one things for sure the longer we leave it the more its gonna cost.

David Bentley has finished his loan spell at Wet Spam to undergo knee surgery. Apparently he was crap there aswell.

At 15.8m, our most expensive signing bar Modders, surely a prime candidae for our worst signing ever?

The worst by a mile. sad.gif

David Bentley has finished his loan spell at Wet Spam to undergo knee surgery. Apparently he was crap there aswell.

At 15.8m, our most expensive signing bar Modders, surely a prime candidae for our worst signing ever?

2 WORDS,, Sergio Rebrov

2 WORDS,, Sergio Rebrov

That was the first thought to cross my mind as well...but nah...Bentley is far far worse.....and we'll end up getting nothing back at all.

The irony of it is, that when we signed him we already had an England intl playing on the right of midfield :o

We paid 11 mill for rebrov in 2000 he played 60 games for us and we got nothing bac for him. That was a huge huge transfer then 4 me somewhat dwarfs the bentley transfer, but the worst thing about rebrov was that at the time he arrived the expectations around him were huge massive, his goals were going to carry us forward, 2 games and you just knew it wernt going to happen!!! Fuc George graham, the arse wipe!!! And alan sugar, stupid prick, for taking a gunner on as manager <deleted>!!!!

We paid 11 mill for rebrov in 2000 he played 60 games for us and we got nothing bac for him. That was a huge huge transfer then 4 me somewhat dwarfs the bentley transfer, but the worst thing about rebrov was that at the time he arrived the expectations around him were huge massive, his goals were going to carry us forward, 2 games and you just knew it wernt going to happen!!! Fuc George graham, the arse wipe!!! And alan sugar, stupid prick, for taking a gunner on as manager <deleted>!!!!

To be fair to Sugar and Graham Rebrov was part of that prolific partnership with Andre Shevchenko at Dynamo Kiev. They were proven at CL level and there was no reason to think he'd be such a flop. I remember them giving Arsenal a right hammering, 4-1 i think it was! :)

Should be interesting to see how saggy chops sets us up against Toon. Maybe he'll play someone like Gomes on the right :blink: after VDV strongly insinuated Harry was a <deleted>

VDV is "doubtful" for this one. So is Lennon unfortunately. Who will he play?.....no idea. How do we solve this one then carms?

Should be interesting to see how saggy chops sets us up against Toon. Maybe he'll play someone like Gomes on the right :blink: after VDV strongly insinuated Harry was a <deleted>

VDV is "doubtful" for this one. So is Lennon unfortunately. Who will he play?.....no idea. How do we solve this one then carms?

Interesting injury list..........Huddlestone, Dawson, Gallas, Lennon, VDV, Krancjar, Corluka, Sandro and Adebayor.

Thats the makings of a really good team. I really think its time for the clud to take a closer look at our injury problems.

Well smokes, he should be looking at a back four of Walker, King, Kaboul and BAE. The midfield would have Modders, Bale Parker and TBA, Jake Livermore i'd go with if Sandro is out of the reckoning. If Van Der Vaart is fit and Sandro out then theres the other option of a 4-4-1-1. Lets hope Sandro is fit and he goes with a 4-4-2 with the best midfield we have which is unquestionably Modders Bale Sandro and Parker.

Its becoming easy to forget that we still have the russian upfront as an option to use a 4-4-2 with Defoe if Adebayor is unfit

Interesting injury list..........Huddlestone, Dawson, Gallas, Lennon, VDV, Krancjar, Corluka, Sandro and Adebayor.

Thats the makings of a really good team. I really think its time for the clud to take a closer look at our injury problems.

Well smokes, he should be looking at a back four of Walker, King, Kaboul and BAE. The midfield would have Modders, Bale Parker and TBA, Jake Livermore i'd go with if Sandro is out of the reckoning. If Van Der Vaart is fit and Sandro out then theres the other option of a 4-4-1-1. Lets hope Sandro is fit and he goes with a 4-4-2 with the best midfield we have which is unquestionably Modders Bale Sandro and Parker.

Its becoming easy to forget that we still have the russian upfront as an option to use a 4-4-2 with Defoe if Adebayor is unfit

Its a whole lot of "doubtfuls" sin't it?

Let's hope we're just keeping the geordies guessing.....biggrin.gif

Its a whole lot of "doubtfuls" sin't it?

Let's hope we're just keeping the geordies guessing.....biggrin.gif

Either way mate, providing he doesn't set up with players hopelessly out of position he's still got a very decent "fit" squad to pick from.

What really worries me is an injury to King or Kaboul. You have to remember that Dawson and Gallas are already out longterm and Corluka just got injured too.. Mindyou the center back situation was a worry before the season started.