Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A very enjoyable game. I'll take the point. Kaboul very good as was Defoe, but we didn't look comfortable holding the lead. I was generally quite impressed with Newcastle.

More tactical bufoonery from Redknapp unecessarily playing players out of position. Is he taking the piss?

Our worst fears at center back are realised and its only october. Ledley described as being out for "a while." Dawson long term, as is possibly Gallas who has just broken down in training. Corluka crocked too. Buying Cahill or keeping Caulker in the squad was always a more prudent option. God forbid an injury to a center back in the europa games.

Agreed - enjoyable game for the neutral too (am I the only Gooner fan who would describe himself thus about a Spurs game?). Glad I did'nt go to bed at half time - we villagers don't stay up like you townies.

Newcastle are a very surprising package this year. Mr Singh's predictions for them when Pardew took over were way off the mark!

Many of the top EPL clubs (certainly mine and probably yours) are underestimating their squad needs at central defender and full back in this multi-competition age. A reflection of the midfield cult in modern football.

Agreed - enjoyable game for the neutral too (am I the only Gooner fan who would describe himself thus about a Spurs game?). Glad I did'nt go to bed at half time - we villagers don't stay up like you townies.

Newcastle are a very surprising package this year. Mr Singh's predictions for them when Pardew took over were way off the mark!

Many of the top EPL clubs (certainly mine and probably yours) are underestimating their squad needs at central defender and full back in this multi-competition age. A reflection of the midfield cult in modern football.

Yeah not so much a case of us failing to kill them off as Newcastle giving their all right to the end. Fair point won.

As carmine says our injury list now is woeful.....

Going into the last 5 mins? with a lead, would it be unreasonable to expect a champions league team to hold onto it?, me I think not . But saying that fair play to Newcastle, they battled to the end and deserved a point. Another point ,ade boy although I thought he did ok,he needs resting look bac at those first couple of performances and tell me theres no difference? for me the injury is beginning to take its toll,.

Edited by rijit

I never worry when I see King's name on the teamsheet.....

Boom! Boom!

Still to be fair he did sort of win the battle of the cripples. He certainly outlasted Agger and Woodgate. Of course there is that guy at Man City (forgotten his name) (used to play for Utd). I am not sure whether he counts on the basis that he doesnt get into the team if he is fit in any case.

I never worry when I see King's name on the teamsheet.....

Boom! Boom!

Still to be fair he did sort of win the battle of the cripples. He certainly outlasted Agger and Woodgate. Of course there is that guy at Man City (forgotten his name) (used to play for Utd). I am not sure whether he counts on the basis that he doesnt get into the team if he is fit in any case.

Its a massive worry now...that's for sure.

Now we all know we have our own ''monkey boy'' though to be fair he has been looking a bit more human like lately, well it looks like he has been over taken by miles by the Arse's Gervinho, now he could he slot straight into the Planet of the Apes no problem, no make up no nothing and how high is his hair line, if it goes any further back it will be hitting his collar :o:D

Now we all know we have our own ''monkey boy'' though to be fair he has been looking a bit more human like lately, well it looks like he has been over taken by miles by the Arse's Gervinho, now he could he slot straight into the Planet of the Apes no problem, no make up no nothing and how high is his hair line, if it goes any further back it will be hitting his collar :o:D

Yes that Gervinho is one peculiar looking dude isn't he. :unsure:

Looks like it is between us and Newcastle for 4th place then :D :D

Are you trying to tell us that the media is acknowledging we might have a chance of fourth? :rolleyes:

Now, what teams Harry going to pick today? :unsure: i reckon he'll have Gomes in the hole behind Adebayor :o and Aaron Lennon at center back (height not important cos 'es a lovely triffic triffic boy) with Bassong to give Kaboul a rest for the next europa game :blink:

Edited by carmine

Yes that Gervinho is one peculiar looking dude isn't he. :unsure:

Trouble is Alfieconn you can refer to Bale as monkey boy and everyone laughs. Refer to Gervinho as monkey boy and you might get locked up! I wish :rolleyes:

I think he shaves his forehead by the way, that can be the only explanation for its curious sheen. Perhaps it's all the rage in Planet Costa del Ivoire.

He only looks good on the field when van Persie is on; his speciality is racing to the line and cutting it back for the prodigious Dutchman to knock it in. Scored a well-engineered one on his own today though; who's a clever monkey then?

Edited by SantiSuk

A very good three points. Key players injured and using our 5th choice center back and Kaboul, arguably 3rd choice. Bassong did ok but not really good enough. Hopefully we'll have King and Sandro back next week and things looking good.

I Don't think many of us, myself included were over enthused about signing Parker but you have to say he's been immense. No Hudd or Sandro and there he is scrapping it out in midfield and captaining aswell. Great signing.

A very good three points. Key players injured and using our 5th choice center back and Kaboul, arguably 3rd choice. Bassong did ok but not really good enough. Hopefully we'll have King and Sandro back next week and things looking good.

I Don't think many of us, myself included were over enthused about signing Parker but you have to say he's been immense. No Hudd or Sandro and there he is scrapping it out in midfield and captaining aswell. Great signing.

Missed the game but I hear we played well. I'd like to see us killing teams off more ruthlessly however......three points that we did want tucked away. Onwards and upwards...the battle for second place continues......laugh.gif

Nah - Newcastle had the easiest fixture list start of any EPL team. You and us has been their only challenge and they couldn't get more than 2 points out of us at home. Otherwise it has been Wigan, Blackburn, Wolves, Sunderland, Fulham etc - a litany of the current EPL dead bodies.

Mid table at best by Christmas.

So it's a shoe in for you guys then (current form only) :rolleyes:

Edited by SantiSuk

Nah - Newcastle had the easiest fixture list start of any EPL team. You and us has been their only challenge and they couldn't get more than 2 points out of us at home. Otherwise it has been Wigan, Blackburn, Wolves, Sunderland, Fulham etc - a litany of the current EPL dead bodies.

I doubt very much that the barcodes will last the pace SS but i thought i would throw that one in and see if anyone took the bait :D

I doubt very much that the barcodes will last the pace SS but i thought i would throw that one in and see if anyone took the bait :D

:D I know i know...i was atleast hoping for a response from the scousers but they didn't want to play either.

Interesting weekends fixtures coming up alfredo. i always enjoy the "Roy factor" when Liverpool play West Brom. ;) i believe Toon playing monday night for what its worth. Colins done a very good job at QPR but i still fancy us for a home win although it could be tight.

Chelsea v <deleted>

WBA v Liverpool

:D I know i know...i was atleast hoping for a response from the scousers but they didn't want to play either.

Interesting weekends fixtures coming up alfredo. i always enjoy the "Roy factor" when Liverpool play West Brom. ;) i believe Toon playing monday night for what its worth. Colins done a very good job at QPR but i still fancy us for a home win although it could be tight.

Chelsea v <deleted>

WBA v Liverpool

Well carms, after seeing rangers second half performance against 9 men, if we can't beat them by 5 i'll be bitterly disappointed :D

Regarding newcastle u say they have had an easy fixture list, but imo no fixture in the prem is easy and from just out side the champs lgue spots to the relgation spots teams are v evenly matched and a team placed 10 th 2day could very easily and quickly b relegation fodder. No credit where credits due theyve made sensible finacial decisions no stupid 4 year expensive contracts ie nolan and barton got good money 4 carrol and spent wisely. Pardeys put 2 gether a solid defence and a good footballing midfield with a hungry forward line. No matter where they end up &i'm sure they havnt quite got the squad to hold a top 4 place a few key injuries say steven t and gutti boy get injured would they be able to handle it ? I think not . They ve had a great start to the season and pardew will be able to build from here on .

Regarding newcastle u say they have had an easy fixture list, but imo no fixture in the prem is easy and from just out side the champs lgue spots to the relgation spots teams are v evenly matched and a team placed 10 th 2day could very easily and quickly b relegation fodder. No credit where credits due theyve made sensible finacial decisions no stupid 4 year expensive contracts ie nolan and barton got good money 4 carrol and spent wisely. Pardeys put 2 gether a solid defence and a good footballing midfield with a hungry forward line. No matter where they end up &i'm sure they havnt quite got the squad to hold a top 4 place a few key injuries say steven t and gutti boy get injured would they be able to handle it ? I think not . They ve had a great start to the season and pardew will be able to build from here on .

If there is no such thing as an easy fixture list why have most teams beaten Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan (yes - I know we didn't!) etc.

Anyway I understand your point, agree they have played to their strengths and I might relent a little on my views about their ability to remain in contention if only because they have few of the distractions that others around them have - European fixtures, high expectations (Geordies are not Mackems - they demand success but never realistically expect it!), prima donnas to manage, several local grudge derbys to come,etc) :rolleyes:.

It would be nice to have just one season sometime soon when an outsider came in and knocked the big boys off their perches. Levante are on top of La Liga and come from the equivalent of Wigan - a 40,000 people town on the fringes of large provincial city (Valencia).

If there is no such thing as an easy fixture list why have most teams beaten Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan (yes - I know we didn't!) etc.

Anyway I understand your point, agree they have played to their strengths and I might relent a little on my views about their ability to remain in contention if only because they have few of the distractions that others around them have - European fixtures, high expectations (Geordies are not Mackems - they demand success but never realistically expect it!), prima donnas to manage, several local grudge derbys to come,etc) :rolleyes:.

It would be nice to have just one season sometime soon when an outsider came in and knocked the big boys off their perches. Levante are on top of La Liga and come from the equivalent of Wigan - a 40,000 people town on the fringes of large provincial city (Valencia).

nah mate ure mixing easy and easier sure some are easier than others but there are no easy games in the prem blink in the wrong direction and EVERY club has players to take advantage of it. But I agree wouldn't it be refreshing to see a top 4 of,say, newcastle west brom fulham and stoke, but hey it may happen but not for any length of time cos the big boys have bigger budgets and better squads, slightly boring, but it's ALWAYS been the same in football, just these days there are a few more zeros on the end of the figures.

Billy Gallas back in training!!! I'd be delighted to see him lining up next to Kaboul on sunday. Sandro also back. This week was a good example why getting knocked out of the carling was no bad thing. Good chance this weekend to put some more pressure on Arsenal and hopefully Liverpool might drop a point.

Billy Gallas back in training!!! I'd be delighted to see him lining up next to Kaboul on sunday. Sandro also back. This week was a good example why getting knocked out of the carling was no bad thing. Good chance this weekend to put some more pressure on Arsenal and hopefully Liverpool might drop a point.

I must say I'm very happy with the way things are panning out...especially with all those sides still in the Carling Cup. Great!

Gallas back will take some pressure off King when he returns as well. Play them alternate weeks hopefully.

yep, good news about gallas, ,I know in the past he's had his moments but so far this I've not been unhappy with the way Bassongs been playing. fuc_king annoying that woodgates getting regular prem footie with stoke, cos 4 me the woodgate and king pairing were probably one of the best c/b pairings ever and i dont mean just at Tottenham.

yep, good news about gallas, ,I know in the past he's had his moments but so far this I've not been unhappy with the way Bassongs been playing. fuc_king annoying that woodgates getting regular prem footie with stoke, cos 4 me the woodgate and king pairing were probably one of the best c/b pairings ever and i dont mean just at Tottenham.

I know what you mean about Woodgate. Its sickening that he leaves us and is now fit and playing regularily.

A fit center back pairing of King and Woodgate would have been magnificent. I doubt the loathesome John Terry would have many caps if those two had been fit over the last six or seven seasons.

I agree Bassong has done ok but my point is that he's never going to be more than a bench player for us and theres others i'd prefer in his place on that bench. We should bring back Stephen Caulker and instigate the 8m sale of Bassong to QPR. Thats good business. We might get one more season out of Gallas but the amount of injuries he's picking up is worrying.

All this said, i'm very happy with the way things are going. Fancy Adebayor to get a couple at the weekend and hopefully a solid home win. COYS

Good to see all the Spuds are lalala happy happy land now,bless em! one defeat and the boys will be screaming again.

When's Arry up then?

Whens Modders leaving?

When are you moving home and where too?

Is VDV going to have a major strop soon?

Thank god for Younis Kaboul yes?

Bwwwaaahhhhhaaaaaa! wink.gif

Good to see all the Spuds are lalala happy happy land now,bless em! one defeat and the boys will be screaming again.

When's Arry up then?

Whens Modders leaving?

Oh no Singher's back! ohmy.gif

When's Arry up then?

Whens Modders leaving?

You lot could have done with a fit Woodgate and King last weekend couldn't you.

BWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA :lol: