Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Very relieved about that win. Van Der Vaart superd, as were Friedal and Gallas. Absolutely horrid tactics by Redknapp in the first half. God only knows what goes on in his head sometimes and that appeared to be the reaction of the players too in the last 15 mins of the first half. I thought his tactics reshaping to a 3-5-2 last weekend against Stoke were excellent and then he reverts back to his old ways. :huh:

We will have to sweat on the availbility of Bale and Ledley for thursday. I just pray that what with Lennons hamstring tear he doesn't start playing Van Der Vaart on the right. :o

A late game and an early rise. What muppet organised this flight then? Don't bloody start.....1-0! It should have been 5-0!

Still a win's a win! smile.gif

Edit: Oh and the Arse got beat...happy days...biggrin.gif

Where ya going smokes, anywhere nice,;):D

The private pool's a bit small....but I'm not complaining. biggrin.gif

Very relieved about that win. Van Der Vaart superd, as were Friedal and Gallas. Absolutely horrid tactics by Redknapp in the first half. God only knows what goes on in his head sometimes and that appeared to be the reaction of the players too in the last 15 mins of the first half. I thought his tactics reshaping to a 3-5-2 last weekend against Stoke were excellent and then he reverts back to his old ways. :huh:

We will have to sweat on the availbility of Bale and Ledley for thursday. I just pray that what with Lennons hamstring tear he doesn't start playing Van Der Vaart on the right. :o

What's happened to the right winger we signed on loan from Spain?

Good article about Tottenham's financials but it is rather long.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/

I'm not in the mood for a long read Abrak sorry. In the meantime if we sell Pav, Dos Santos and Bassong can we afford a quality striker?

Well 'quality' is a highly subjective term but I guess you mean 'expensive'.

I would say that the answer is that you could actually afford to pay say 25-30m for a striker. However, I dont believe the club can afford to significantly breach its internal wage limits. By that I mean pay more than 100k a week to the striker.

I'm not in the mood for a long read Abrak sorry. In the meantime if we sell Pav, Dos Santos and Bassong can we afford a quality striker?

I would say that the answer is that you could actually afford to pay say 25-30m for a striker. However, I dont believe the club can afford to significantly breach its internal wage limits. By that I mean pay more than 100k a week to the striker.

Great! So we need a young striker who'll bang in 25 goals a season backed up with our wealth of talent. Thinking caps on chaps....smile.gif

Quality doesn't necesary mean expensive Abs, although in Liverpool's case expensive doesn't necesary mean quality :D

Quality doesn't necesary mean expensive Abs, although in Liverpool's case expensive doesn't necesary mean quality :D

Alfie, it's taken you 11.7 months to come up with a post I can fully agree with! :lol:

And yet with a team full of massive stars, the spurs-aka, the team with serious issues with relegated west ham, and resurgent arsenal, continue to grasp at anything in their quest for 4th or 5th place......;)

You're worried James...I can smell your fear and insecurity. A battle for 4th/5th.....ah yes....biggrin.gif

Notice that neither of them have disagreed about Hudd and Sandro though. :D And yes, jimbo's really snatching at straws isn't he. :)

You are funny biggrin.gif at least your not in Europe now another excuse out the window whistling.gifjust think United will go top on Sunday!!!

I know it only lasted as long as a juvenile breaking his cherry but how was it :D

It felt good mate,nice to see you scraped the win against a rejuvenated Arsenal side with a scrappy goal! biggrin.gif

Expect more of the same as the season goes into the new year,feeling confident even with our dismal squad,injuries,heavy defeat,noisy neighbors and anything else you would want to put in.

RED ARMY ph34r.gif

nice to see you scraped the win against a rejuvenated Arsenal side with a scrappy goal!

You mean we did a "United". Cos that has been like the majority of your results this year :D

Sorry for littering your thread Spurs fans :jap:

Just you wait til them injuries come and your manager loses the plot, hahahahaaa laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I see Harry has got it right for once....claiming Pav isn't for sale in order to bump up the price....and in the next breath talking about a big signing in January.

That's more like it! smile.gif

Yeah i'm the first to admit that pav aint the greatest player and ive openly suggested selling him in jan, but the more i think about it the more I'm in favor of keeping him until the end of the season. Why? R we going to lose adeboy for the African nations cup ? a DECENT replacement striker will be expensive and v v difficult to find in jan can we GUARANTEE that a striker will hit the ground running cos if we lose both adeboy and pav a striker taking time to settle and adjust is NOT an option, that's if we want to keep the momento of our current run going, We' saw at the weekend, i know there are mitigating circumstances, but the fact is without 2 of our 'big' players we struggled to beat a relegation candidate, nah lets be safe and keep him until the end of the season, no doubts he'll bang in a few if so, our man levy will get a doubly good deal 4 him. Come on u ssssssssssssssssssssppppppppppppppppppppppppppurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss.

Edited by rijit

I see Harry has got it right for once....claiming Pav isn't for sale in order to bump up the price....and in the next breath talking about a big signing in January.

Yeah i'm the first to admit that pav aint the greatest player and ive openly suggested selling him in jan, but the more i think about it the more I'm in favor of keeping him until the end of the season. Why? R we going to lose adeboy for the African nations cup ? a DECENT replacement striker will be expensive and v v difficult to find in jan can we GUARANTEE that a striker will hit the ground running cos if we lose both adeboy and pav a striker taking time to settle and adjust is NOT an option, that's if we want to keep the momento of our current run going, We' saw at the weekend, i know there are mitigating circumstances, but the fact is without 2 of our 'big' players we struggled to beat a relegation candidate, nah lets be safe and keep him until the end of the season, no doubts he'll bang in a few if so, our man levy will get a doubly good deal 4 him. Come on u ssssssssssssssssssssppppppppppppppppppppppppppurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss.

Well I'm hoping to see a player brought in very early in the window. Good point about keeping him until the summer...it makes sense but if a decent offer comes in then I think he'll be gone. But only after we've bought someone.

I think your find that Togo didn't qualify for the ANC( probaly due to dodging all the bullets ) :D.

I think Pav will go but only if we sign a decent replacement, to be fair i think he gets a good reception from the fans considering the amount of effort he doesn't put in although he obviously scores a few goals ;) .

I think your find that Togo didn't qualify for the ANC( probaly due to dodging all the bullets ) :D.

I think Pav will go but only if we sign a decent replacement, to be fair i think he gets a good reception from the fans considering the amount of effort he doesn't put in although he obviously scores a few goals ;) .

I think a large part of the problem is that the euro's are coming up and he knows he's 3rd choice.. Its always going to be Adebayor/VDV. If i'm honest though i think with more effort he's a better, more clinical striker than Defoe, and definately not as selfish. He probably doesn't like, being a serious Russian, Harry's man management style....a chirpy wink.....triffic triffic boy, with an arm over his shoulder and a pinch of his bum cheek! :o

I do think one striker must go, plus Bassong and probably Corluka and get a top striker. Bring back Caulker and save the money on a center back.

Edited by carmine

I think a large part of the problem is that the euro's are coming up and he knows he's 3rd choice.. Its always going to be Adebayor/VDV. If i'm honest though i think with more effort he's a better, more clinical striker than Defoe, and definately not as selfish. He probably doesn't like, being a serious Russian, Harry's man management style....a chirpy wink.....triffic triffic boy, with an arm over his shoulder and a pinch of his bum cheek! :o

I do think one striker must go, plus Bassong and probably Corluka and get a top striker. Bring back Caulker and save the money on a center back.

Who's the top striker?? I hate waiting for my Xmas presents....biggrin.gif

A cracking match. How did we not score right at the end...??

Thought the offside decision was wrong....looked to be level but I aint seen the replay.

Ah well....Pav played the second half I'm told.

A draw the right result !!!!

I thought H made a mistake replacing VDV with a forward, not replacing him with a midfielder meant we were short in mid in the second half plus Pav is never going to do anything constructive.

Looking ahead, with everyone fit then Bale must play at left back leaving Sandro in the team.

A cracking match. How did we not score right at the end...??

Thought the offside decision was wrong....looked to be level but I aint seen the replay.

Ah well....Pav played the second half I'm told.

A draw the right result !!!!

I thought H made a mistake replacing VDV with a forward, not replacing him with a midfielder meant we were short in mid in the second half plus Pav is never going to do anything constructive.

Looking ahead, with everyone fit then Bale must play at left back leaving Sandro in the team.

Yeah it was a fair reflection of the game. I enjoyed Sturridge trying to skin Ledley and ending up with his face in the dirt. The look of shock on his face! shock1.gif

Levy was watching...its obvious Daniel...we need more quality in the final third. wink.gif

Disappointed with the result. I don't understand why their goal wasn't ruled out for handball and i don't think our second was offside either. We're not getting the rub of the green with decisions lately. Hopefully that will change.

For me, that was pretty much our strongest team although i'd include a fit Lennon and would also drop Bale back as Alfie suggested.

Disappointed with the result. I don't understand why their goal wasn't ruled out for handball and i don't think our second was offside either. We're not getting the rub of the green with decisions lately. Hopefully that will change.

For me, that was pretty much our strongest team although i'd include a fit Lennon and would also drop Bale back as Alfie suggested.

I disagree with moving Bale back to left back as it would stifle his runs all over the park. A step back that would be in my opinion. Sure we were over run at times in the second half in the midfield and I thought the defending for the Ramires free header was shocking.

What we need in the case of having two strikers playing is for them to track back more and help out when this happens.

We currently have one top striker. We need at least another one to keep the momentum going through the rest of the season. Pav out.

Edit: Cover on the right wing is also needed. Walker can't do both jobs effectively. Not yet at any rate.

Edited by smokie36