Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I'd be very happy with Villas-Boas. I also be happy with Loic Remy/Leandro Damiao and Eden Hazard.

We'll probably get Mark Hughes and Emile Heskey on a free. biggrin.png

SAF has been out to Belgium, sniffing up Hazard's bum. Hazard has declared how delighted he would be to play for ManU. [beeb this am]

Yep i've read that. I think it'll be the usual case of the big spenders just moving in and out bidding the likes of us and then bleating on about theres more to it than money ad nauseum. sick.gif

The only "remote plausibility" about us getting on of these most sought after young talents is that we would offer them probably a lot more game time but thats probably it unless we get a charismatic manager

Edited by carmine

The team for today should be 4-3-2-1, thats Parker,Modric,Sandro in mid, Bale and VDV forther forward on the left and right and a foward up top, if harry plays 4 4 2 them i'm going to cut my throat being as i can't cut his !!!!

You're right but i'll arrange for a paramedic to be on standby nonetheless.

The team for today should be 4-3-2-1, thats Parker,Modric,Sandro in mid, Bale and VDV forther forward on the left and right and a foward up top, if harry plays 4 4 2 them i'm going to cut my throat being as i can't cut his !!!!

You're right but i'll arrange for a paramedic to be on standby nonetheless.

Gawd help us...

Im more than happy with 442 in this kind of game, as long as Bale is on the right and only Parker or Sandro plays. Modric must be in the middle and Harry can play either Kranjcar or VDV on the right. They will drift in anyway. But against stronger teams, a 4411 (451) with VDV behind Adebayor is the best way to ensure we are not over run in the middle and still keep the balance in the team. Have a good feeling that we are going to Wembley this year (the final and not the semi final).

Im more than happy with 442 in this kind of game, as long as Bale is on the right and only Parker or Sandro plays. Modric must be in the middle and Harry can play either Kranjcar or VDV on the right. They will drift in anyway. But against stronger teams, a 4411 (451) with VDV behind Adebayor is the best way to ensure we are not over run in the middle and still keep the balance in the team. Have a good feeling that we are going to Wembley this year (the final and not the semi final).

Assume you mean Bale on the left. We'll see...need a strong win tonight to get us up and running again.

No stupid tactics please 'Arry!

Assume you mean Bale on the left. We'll see...need a strong win tonight to get us up and running again.

No stupid tactics please 'Arry!

Yes, Bale on the left and it seems like I will get what I want.

Lik denne siden

STARTING LINE UP

Cudicini; Walker, Gallas, Nelsen, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Modric, Parker, Bale; Defoe, Saha.

SUBS

Friedel, Kaboul, Rose, Kranjcar, Livermore, Sandro, Giovani

Edited by Troyron

Terrible scenes,my sincere thoughts and prayers with Fabrice Muamba and his family,I hope he pulls through but it does not look very good.

I had a similar situation with one of my work colleagues yesterday involved in a car crash. Thankfully he is now sitting up in bed and improving.

I hope for the same for Fabrice Muamba. jap.gif

Getting back to the topic of whether your team can win the League. Do you think Spurs can win the League in the next 5 years? (And we stand a better chance than LFC isnt an answer because you dont think we stand a chance.) Because without a rich benefactor even with your incredible efficiency you have a massive revenue short fall. Here are the latest Deloitte's numbers for 2010/11. And you are still 20m behind LFC (with CL) when LFC is without and obviously we are a long way behind others.

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/Industries/Sports%20Business%20Group/uk-sbg-dfml-2012-final.pdf

Getting back to the topic of whether your team can win the League. Do you think Spurs can win the League in the next 5 years? (And we stand a better chance than LFC isnt an answer because you dont think we stand a chance.) Because without a rich benefactor even with your incredible efficiency you have a massive revenue short fall. Here are the latest Deloitte's numbers for 2010/11. And you are still 20m behind LFC (with CL) when LFC is without and obviously we are a long way behind others.

http://www.deloitte....-2012-final.pdf

I think theres far too much going on at Spurs right now to give a sensible answer. New stadium...how long is the build/completion programme, new manager, well probably. New signings in the summer, maybe. Yes we are well run and i think we'll continue to improve steadily but i'd rather see where we are in six months thanks.

I think theres far too much going on at Spurs right now to give a sensible answer. New stadium...how long is the build/completion programme, new manager, well probably. New signings in the summer, maybe. Yes we are well run and i think we'll continue to improve steadily but i'd rather see where we are in six months thanks.

Yeah there will be big changes in the summer, also we will know if the Northumberland project is ever to materialise.

Biggest from a fans perspective is who the new manager will be, how much money they have to spend and whether we have an automatic CL spot.

The last point is crucial in terms of retaining our best players.

Yeah there will be big changes in the summer, also we will know if the Northumberland project is ever to materialise.

Biggest from a fans perspective is who the new manager will be, how much money they have to spend and whether we have an automatic CL spot.

I think your best chance of winning the League in the next 5 years is if Lewis cannot finance the Northumberland project. I think the chances of this are quite high. Here is an article about the financing problems of Liverpool Chelsea and Everton's developments.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/03/16/liverpool-fc-and-everton-fc-chiefs-ian-ayre-and-robert-elstone-reveal-thoughts-on-future-of-both-clubs-100252-30548720/

(To be brutally honest I think you need something like a 250m sponsorship deal and you can pretty much buy the entire club for that.)

The reasoning is this. Lewis is hoping that Levy puts together a debt sponsorship package. This will mean a 3 year build and then that all the additional cash flow from the new stadium for at least 5 years from supporters goes towards paying down the debt. Lewis will of course ultimately own the stadium which he wont have paid for but will have added value to the club. Meanwhile it will restrict investment into the team.

Now if Levy cant put together a package, there is no upside gain for Lewis who is 74 in any case. Plus Levy knows he needs the stadium to establish Spurs as a consistent top 4 team. So he will likely pressure Lewis to sell probably to a sovereign wealth fund who will be prepared to finance the stadium with a large chunk of equity say 100m. This will negate the need for the use of short term debt and mean that as soon as the new stadium opens the additional cash flows can be used to fund the team (and remember the costs of the stadium in terms of longer term interest payments and depreciation are not included in FFP) so effectively the additional cash flow feeds straight through to the bottom line.

Essentially an inefficient club like Liverpool is attractive to someone who thinks he is an efficient investor and an efficient club like Spurs is very attractive to an investor with excess capital.

I doubt there will be any change Abrak. Also I share the skepticism regarding the new stadium. When (if) the tube is extended out there then we'll likely see development on that scale.

I reckon the government will just bung a few quid in the council's direction and hope the problems go away.

I think your best chance of winning the League in the next 5 years is if Lewis cannot finance the Northumberland project. I think the chances of this are quite high. Here is an article about the financing problems of Liverpool Chelsea and Everton's developments.

http://www.liverpool...00252-30548720/

(To be brutally honest I think you need something like a 250m sponsorship deal and you can pretty much buy the entire club for that.)

The reasoning is this. Lewis is hoping that Levy puts together a debt sponsorship package. This will mean a 3 year build and then that all the additional cash flow from the new stadium for at least 5 years from supporters goes towards paying down the debt. Lewis will of course ultimately own the stadium which he wont have paid for but will have added value to the club. Meanwhile it will restrict investment into the team.

Now if Levy cant put together a package, there is no upside gain for Lewis who is 74 in any case. Plus Levy knows he needs the stadium to establish Spurs as a consistent top 4 team. So he will likely pressure Lewis to sell probably to a sovereign wealth fund who will be prepared to finance the stadium with a large chunk of equity say 100m. This will negate the need for the use of short term debt and mean that as soon as the new stadium opens the additional cash flows can be used to fund the team (and remember the costs of the stadium in terms of longer term interest payments and depreciation are not included in FFP) so effectively the additional cash flow feeds straight through to the bottom line.

Essentially an inefficient club like Liverpool is attractive to someone who thinks he is an efficient investor and an efficient club like Spurs is very attractive to an investor with excess capital.

• tired-sleeping-smiley-17395.gif

Terrible thing that happened to muamba, and glad that the guys on the mend.

I hate to be a cynic, I really dont want to remember this season as the season we didnt get in the champs league because,,,,,But sounds a typical spurs only melodrama ending to the season, aka food poisoning, Is it gonn'a take the combination of a near death experience and the rumour of our manager leaving to give us a credible excuse not to get into the champs league footie, let's hope not.

Well that was a very tough game, we seemed to be battling against the tide , nothing seemed to flow or to come easily

I know i keep on about it but please can anyone explain what the fuc van der vart is doing taking the corners and free kics A/ he aint very good at them and b/ he's v good at gettin on the end of x's aka the goal and general 'titbits' that fall in the box, remember the early days of him and crouch, ok bale hit the bar but despite the ammount of possesiion we had we, proportionatly we never really put bergovic under enuf pressure. we looked more comfortable when Dossy boy came on he gave us a bit more width and balanced our attacking play out.

We dont look the same with adeboy missing saha tries but he aint as mobile or as aggressive. Still that , the evening could have been worse chelsea and the arse wipes could have won. but bottom line if we want to be in the champs league we should be taking three points of teams like stoke esp when they aint in the best of form.

Well that was a very tough game, we seemed to be battling against the tide , nothing seemed to flow or to come easily

I know i keep on about it but please can anyone explain what the fuc van der vart is doing taking the corners and free kics A/ he aint very good at them and b/ he's v good at gettin on the end of x's aka the goal and general 'titbits' that fall in the box, remember the early days of him and crouch, ok bale hit the bar but despite the ammount of possesiion we had we, proportionatly we never really put bergovic under enuf pressure. we looked more comfortable when Dossy boy came on he gave us a bit more width and balanced our attacking play out.

We dont look the same with adeboy missing saha tries but he aint as mobile or as aggressive. Still that , the evening could have been worse chelsea and the arse wipes could have won. but bottom line if we want to be in the champs league we should be taking three points of teams like stoke esp when they aint in the best of form.

You're right about our lack of attacking threat. Please please sort it out this summer Daniel...

i like to think we are not in delusion on thgis thread, that we deal in realities. the realities are we are poor at the moment and the way things are we won't qualify for the champions league. For all the possession and territorial advantage we offered little or nothing in the crucial final third. We just finished a must win game lucky to get a point.

Redknapp switches straight back to 4-4-2 2nd half. Puts VDV out on the right. Why doesn't Bale stay wide and do what he does best? Redknapp looked clueless. Joe Jordan as usual just stands on the touchline shouting. i did like the introduction of Giovanni Dos Santos. We should be using him a lot more.

This seems like a completely different side from four weeks ago and it also looks like their confidence is well on the wain.

We now have a very big game next saturday. If he doesn't start with Parker and Sandro i hope someone nuts him

You must be talking about Liverpool then (or did you forget to insert a 'both', or is this some other reality you inhabit?)biggrin.png .

Just when we thought it wasn't safe to go back in the water Chelsea put in another poor League peformance. Keep the spirits up - we're relying on you to put the final nail in their coffin and do all of North London a favour. A draw would be perfect for us, but we can't keep having these miracle result days for the rest of the season.

I'd still give you half the places (maybe even 6) in that mythical combined Arsenal/Spurs side that emerged to torment Gooners in the run up to the last derby.

We dont look the same with adeboy missing saha tries but he aint as mobile or as aggressive. Still that , the evening could have been worse chelsea and thearse wipes could have won. but bottom line if we want to be in the champs league we should be taking three points of teams like stoke esp when they aint in the best of form.

You must be talking about Liverpool then (or did you forget to insert a 'both', or is this some other reality you inhabit?)biggrin.png .

Just when we thought it wasn't safe to go back in the water Chelsea put in another poor League peformance. Keep the spirits up - we're relying on you to put the final nail in their coffin and do all of North London a favour. A draw would be perfect for us, but we can't keep having these miracle result days for the rest of the season.

I'd still give you half the places (maybe even 6) in that mythical combined Arsenal/Spurs side that emerged to torment Gooners in the run up to the last derby.

Or rather Robin Van Persie is the player of the season, won most of your games single handedly and has stayed fit otherwise you'd be mid table fodder

We dont look the same with adeboy missing saha tries but he aint as mobile or as aggressive. Still that , the evening could have been worse chelsea and thearse wipes could have won. but bottom line if we want to be in the champs league we should be taking three points of teams like stoke esp when they aint in the best of form.

Or rather Robin Van Persie is the player of the season, won most of your games single handedly and has stayed fit otherwise you'd be mid table fodder

I thought you said 'I like to think we are realists on this thread'. No ifs and buts and by the way we sqeaked over you on goal difference last night n'allcoffee1.gif