Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Does one have to follow a premiere league team to participate here,if so that seems like discrimination to me.

I have a special place in my heart for Spurs,I like to see them get beat,considering half of our team have defected to them as well as past players like the manager.

Of course not stoneyboy, but its strange to note I've posted more on there regarding your side than all of you combined.

Its an interesting close to the Championship as well...and I look forward to seeing you all in the playoffs!

It does not stimulate me like the prem league and we are only going through the motions and will be back up next season,that's why I don't contribute to hammers thread at present,plus the fact that I don't have championship coverage at my home in Thailand.

Now I am back in the UK working I will take more interest of course,I may even put in an appearance at the Boleyn sometime soon.

With regard to Spurs though I genuinely feel if they are not careful they will miss out on the champions league spot.

The desperate wishes of West Ham supporters!

I'm expecting my old mate singher to be back on soon if we lose to the chavs.

Lets hope its not the refereeing horror story that was this fixture last year.

Agree with smokie, we really should have won that game but its a good point nonetheless.

Back ontrack and with a potentially easier run in than the other two.

You might be surprised but I agree on both counts.

I thought Spurs got the strategy entirely right yesterday. No histrionics in the first half, subdue the nascent recovery on Chelsea and concentrate on defence and possession; step up the pace in the second. I thought both Modric and Vermaelen had an excellent second half and you should have taken all three points. Probably would have if Bale could remeber he's playing for a team. Arry should be avin words with the lad - you don't want him to turn into some kind of Sturridge character do you? It was a good enough performance to turn round the belief (unfortunatley).

I still can't see any visible signs of Chelsea taking anything out of the PL this season.

Agree with smokie, we really should have won that game but its a good point nonetheless.

Back ontrack and with a potentially easier run in than the other two.

You might be surprised but I agree on both counts.

I thought Spurs got the strategy entirely right yesterday. No histrionics in the first half, subdue the nascent recovery on Chelsea and concentrate on defence and possession; step up the pace in the second. I thought both Modric and Vermaelen had an excellent second half and you should have taken all three points. Probably would have if Bale could remeber he's playing for a team. Arry should be avin words with the lad - you don't want him to turn into some kind of Sturridge character do you? It was a good enough performance to turn round the belief (unfortunatley).

I still can't see any visible signs of Chelsea taking anything out of the PL this season.

Couldn't agree more about Bale. He's starting to really p*ss me off. I think he's been reading too much of his own press. Bet Adebayor is getting frustrated with him too.

Seriously though, what a mess Chelsea are. The start the season wanting to create a transition in the squad. Sack the manager half way through. Then rely on a mixture of player power and old guard players who are next seasons has beens to bale them out.

All they've actually done is loose a season and will spend this summer in exactly the same situation in the likelehood of no CL to boot!

Bale pissing people off ?? ure having a laugh, take out bales input from yestdays game and what would be left? IMO not a terrible lot of telling

penetation certainly around the penalty box. Ok he could have passed it a few more times, but tbh we were piss poor in front of goal yesterday

aka the result If i were bale ide be thinkin fuc it lets do it myself everyone off the boil... we had more than enuf CLEAR opps not only to beat

chelsea but to embarrass them but hey ho

onwards and upwards

Bale pissing people off ?? ure having a laugh, take out bales input from yestdays game and what would be left? IMO not a terrible lot of telling

penetation certainly around the penalty box. Ok he could have pa.ssed it a few more times, but tbh we were piss poor in front of goal yesterday

aka the result If i were bale ide be thinkin fuc it lets do it myself everyone off the boil... we had more than enuf CLEAR opps not only to beat

onwards and upwards

But so was he (piss poor in front of goal). I clocked the body language coming from his team mates. Doesn't make for good team spirit.

penetation certainly around the penalty box. Ok he could have passed it a few more times, but tbh we were piss poor in front of goal yesterday

onwards and upwards

I'm aware of Bales brilliance Rij but if you saw the game you can't fail to agree that he's missing some open oppotunities to feed a player, particularilt Adebayor and he hasn't even looked up for options. Just head down and thump, row Z. Thats not good enough for a professional footballer with his ability. That said, there are such high expectations of him i know but if he could just be a little more aware of a player thats found a scoring position then it could help enormously.

onwards and upwards

I'm aware of Bales brilliance Rij but if you saw the game you can't fail to agree that he's missing some open oppotunities to feed a player, particularilt Adebayor and he hasn't even looked up for options. Just head down and thump, row Z. Thats not good enough for a professional footballer with his ability. That said, there are such high expectations of him i know but if he could just be a little more aware of a player thats found a scoring position then it could help enormously.

I've only noticed this recently from him and thought it was instructions from 'Arry.

Yeah if it is then a bit of shooting practice is needed. He wasted the ball too many times yesterday.

Thing is...him being such a quality player I'm willing to cut some slack here. If he can start hitting the target it would be fantastic.

bale, playing inside seems to deaden our attacking potential to me, out wide he is a constant threat, but inside the opposition seems better to restrict him.

just a quickie, which channel will have the cup semi final on, if the lads make it?

Outstanding performance last night. Totally in control from start to finish and if not for their excellent goalkeeper that would have been a real drubbing.

Nice to see Ryan Nelson step in so capably at center back, It seems our best striker at the mo is Louis Saha which is a bonus because of the indifferent form of Adebayor.

Did make me laugh watching the squabbling between the selfish pair that is Bale and Defoe. Bale can be selfish at times but defoe is the ultimate...pass the ball just isn't in his DNA. Were he anywhere near as good as Bale it would be more acceptable.

It seems like were very much back on track and id Lennon returns very soon as is expected i'm really looking forward to the remainder of the season. Lets hope our focus remains on the CL 3rd place spot and lets enjoy the FA cup semi final. Nice to see the fans get their wembley visit.

i wish Bolton the very best for the rest of the season.

Yeah agreed we w ere in control for the whole of the match and tbh, 3 -1 wasnt really a reflection of how one sided the game was. but until we scored they were still very much in the game but when we scored there was only going to be one winner. We and adeboy in particular haven't had much luck in front of goal, but the important thing is that were getting in positions to score, and it will turn. And boy doesn't adeboy put in a shift , no rest for the defense when he's anywhere near. Carmine, didnt Defoe lay on the perfect pass for Bale to score our second?. And i'm glad bale seems to have anchored himself back more to the left, he was just wandering b4 and it didn't work, now with him on the left and brief forays a x, are v difficult for defenses to pic up and handle aka his goal from the right. Anyway Talking bout our luck turning wouldn't it be nice for it to turn against Chelsea

Yeah we're back on track. Nothing wrong with a bit of edge in the dressing room eother imo.

I don't get the semi at Wembley thing at all. I know its money but still I shake me head...

We'll actually i was just wondering if i was correct about wembley because i only heard itsomewhere. Can anyone clarify?

Yeah we're back on track. Nothing wrong with a bit of edge in the dressing room eother imo.

I don't get the semi at Wembley thing at all. I know its money but still I shake me head...

We'll actually i was just wondering if i was correct about wembley because i only heard itsomewhere. Can anyone clarify?

Ridiculously BOTH Semis are at Wembley. Part of the new stadium deal apparently and getting as much use and revenue as possible.

The scousers must be pleased with that...bread an all...

Yeah agreed we w ere in control for the whole of the match and tbh, 3 -1 wasnt really a reflection of how one sided the game was. but until we scored they were still very much in the game but when we scored there was only going to be one winner. We and adeboy in particular haven't had much luck in front of goal, but the important thing is that were getting in positions to score, and it will turn. And boy doesn't adeboy put in a shift , no rest for the defense when he's anywhere near. Carmine, didnt Defoe lay on the perfect pass for Bale to score our second?. And i'm glad bale seems to have anchored himself back more to the left, he was just wandering b4 and it didn't work, now with him on the left and brief forays a x, are v difficult for defenses to pic up and handle aka his goal from the right. Anyway Talking bout our luck turning wouldn't it be nice for it to turn against Chelsea

I base my opinions of Defoe on what i have seen of him over the last eight or nine years not on the basis of one good assist.

The fact is, nine times out of ten he is head down and bang and unless he's really on form some poor git gets smacked in row Z.

This is one of the main reasons he always struggles getting into the England squad because the term "natural goalscorer' shouldn't mean a striker that scores one wonder goal in twenty attempts and missing out on a handful of assists in the bargain.

Well done to our neighbours and I was pleased for Everton to have a chance of getting something out of the season. Nice to see the small budget teams do well as long as it's not at our expense!

Looking forward to a Spurs v Everton final. That would be the most entertaining one for the neutral.

• Like 1

Well done to our neighbours and I was pleased for Everton to have a chance of getting something out of the season. Nice to see the small budget teams do well as long as it's not at our expense!

Looking forward to a Spurs v Everton final. That would be the most entertaining one for the neutral.

Forget the compliments santi you ain't getting a cuddle

I'd like to meet Liverpool in the final actually. If we were to meet Everton then the press will start up again about Moyes for the Spurs job and anyway with Liverpool we know the gameplan will be l;ong ball up to carroll looking for a knock down to Suarez. biggrin.png

Anyway, best to get past Chelsea first.

I base my opinions of Defoe on what i have seen of him over the last eight or nine years not on the basis of one good assist.

The fact is, nine times out of ten he is head down and bang and unless he's really on form some poor git gets smacked in row Z.

This is one of the main reasons he always struggles getting into the England squad because the term "natural goalscorer' shouldn't mean a striker that scores one wonder goal in twenty attempts and missing out on a handful of assists in the bargain.

Actually one of defoes strong points is the amount of shots he gets on target and as for being selfish, sure, when he gets in the box his priority which imo should b every strikers priority , is 2 get a shot of and to hit the target, but when its not possible he does lay the ball off effectively, and, i;m not saying he's beyond critisim,his hold up play could be better but he seems to b aware of that and his upper body strength has noticeably improved over the last 2 seasons

Why would you want to change him, over 12 ? years in the prem he's averaged a goal nearly every three games and just about the same for England, at the mo he's not only our best striker, one in almost 2 this season, he's probably among st the most consistent in the prem.

Adeboy might not be banging them in but he makes a difference when he plays he chases and harries and regularly gets into scoring positions. If saha did half as much graft as him, ide be happy, saha, v Bolton may have caught the goalie of guard with the last shot of the match, but he never really works/gets into clear cut scoring positions he lacks mobility, looks stiff and rigid,in fact to me he looks every part a striker who's past his best and i'de be v v surprised and in fact disappointed if we kept him past the end of the season.

As for the semi final , i'm defo staying stum about the result the last time i was verbally confident about beating a top 4? team was against utd, and the rests history!!!

but i would seriously like to give Chelsea a total mullering and wembleys the perfect stage to do it and then knock the fuc_kers out of the champions league.2 boot.

Edited by rijit

bogdan a superb game for bolton, could he be an option for other clubs in epl.

enjoyed the game, but was biting the nails for a little bit, too many times seen spurs dominate then the other mob grab one.

when is boltons kevin davies going to retire, he seems to always score against spurs.

semi final i will probably be too nervous to watch it.

bogdan a superb game for bolton, could he be an option for other clubs in epl.

enjoyed the game, but was biting the nails for a little bit, too many times seen spurs dominate then the other mob grab one.

when is boltons kevin davies going to retire, he seems to always score against spurs.

semi final i will probably be too nervous to watch it.

I think if we can keep up playing the way we have been then a hatful of wins could be coming our way in the run in.

Lennon fit for the semi would be a big plus as well. Carry on this form and I can't see Chelsea beating us at all.

i see Mancini has jumped in early to start up this summers Luka Modric tapping up process. i see this as a straight forward slugging out between City and utd. I would also predict that 200000 grand a week from City should do it. i doubt levy would want to risk him staying put fpr a Bosman. And yes, i do know how long he has left on his contract.

Expect to see Lennon get a run out on sunday. Great to see him back and i expect a strong run in to the end of the season.

6pm kick off for our semi final is a load of b*llocks too.

i see Mancini has jumped in early to start up this summers Luka Modric tapping up process. i see this as a straight forward slugging out between City and utd. I would also predict that 200000 grand a week from City should do it. i doubt levy would want to risk him staying put fpr a Bosman. And yes, i do know how long he has left on his contract.

Expect to see Lennon get a run out on sunday. Great to see him back and i expect a strong run in to the end of the season.

6pm kick off...on a Sunday?? is that for real??

Levy will pick Citeh's pockets carms...have no fear....40m quid...

6pm kick off...on a Sunday?? is that for real??

Levy will pick Citeh's pockets carms...have no fear....40m quid...

I think Modric would prefer Utd actually. He's a walk in to their midfield and Ferguson has been probing for a good couple of seasons now.

I am actually rather disappointed he didn't go to Chelsea. i 'd have loved to see him watching Spurs in the Cl whilst preparing for his thursday night europa game!!! Mindyou if he had of joined them we would be seeing the opposite scenario probably.

Levy won't have to pick City's pockets mate they'll just open their wallet and say take what you want. And thats where the biggest existing problem in modern day football is........apart from the presence of FIFA that is.

Edited by carmine