Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I am only pleased that Brendan Rodgers is off the market.

yeah likewise.

Like wise. from my humble perch Martinez looks the real deal, set swansea up for rodgers, took wigan on, done some great business on the way and turned out some good teams and some great players admittedly Rodgers took swansea on a step BUT THAT'S IT, one and a bit seasons of relative 'success', he aint even seen that 'dificult second season' in the prem out yet <deleted> or rebuilt a team in the prem yet !!! And Liverpool pin their hopes on him building a bright future, somehow it dont quite gell, does it? or is it just me?? And Moyes thanks but no thanks, a team of scrappers aint really spurs style, best he stick with the toffe's they luv him and his style or lack of it or maybe he'd be suited up at celtic, but, at spurs, I don't think so

Edited by rijit

well it's impossible to call of course but rodgers' team played really good football last season and finished comfortably as a promoted club. in three years at wigan martinez has not had a comfortable finish to a season. i like them both as managers but rodgers for me shows more signs of progressing at a bigger club.

it's moyes to spurs. defo. ;)

well it's impossible to call of course but rodgers' team played really good football last season and finished comfortably as a promoted club. in three years at wigan martinez has not had a comfortable finish to a season. i like them both as managers but rodgers for me shows more signs of progressing at a bigger club.

it's moyes to spurs. defo. wink.png

Moyes u really are trying to piss me off!!!!wai.gif Martinez has had little cash and still managed to keep them in the prem he's survived after the big boys have been in and taken the cream of his team and built gone on and built a new team and still survived, Rodgers has done fuc all mate, hasnt even built a team, holds more than a good press conference, interviews well and no doubts has ideals, but we all know that clubs like liverpool and spurs are totally different egg , so time will tell. ,And just a point for all the crap we've thrown at ari, we'll be pushed to get a manager that delivers 4th 5th and 4th in a hurry

I agree with most of that levy, as did most of the world thought that ari was going to get the job and levy had planned accordingly when he didnt and then failed 2 qualify for the champs league, surprise, surprise, no offer of a new contract, one can only assume that the writings on the wall. I just wonder who generated yesterday's story that ari had resigned? it wouldnt surprise me if it was levy's camp. As for a new manager, Villa boaz, a failed chelsea manager, yeah abso right!!!! white hart lane would totally luv that, a couple of defeast and they'de be on his case bitching BIG STYLE, it could be viewed as bac to the days of Goering Graham again, NO WAY!!!! nah Martinez, has done his time and imo, is more than ready for a step up, and workin with levy, as opposed to a director of football, sounds like it could well work for him

I dont see much bitching and moaning come out of the Spurs camp to be honest.

You have had a terrible run of bad luck. First the Harry episode and how it was handled by the FA. Basically people either love or hate him so it would have been terribly convenient for him to be promoted to the England job. A bit like Boris Johnson becoming Mayor. Then there was the ridiculous rule that kept you out of the CL. The good news is that whoever you have as manager you will still have Levy.

I cant help but get the feeling that either Moyes is stalling on his contract for a reason or Martinez has itchy feet. As far as the stories in the press, I am afraid that Harry creates them because they are the by-product of the veiled threats that he makes.

I am only pleased that Brendan Rodgers is off the market.

I have no doubt Rodgers was top of the potentials

• Like 1

Who am i ??

Tuesday : "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

Wednesday : " Errrrr i'm leaving, i'm done "

biggrin.png

Like i said josephine, <deleted> face will be off to the middle east to cash in and good riddance to him. He was effectively finished when he sat back keeping his big gob shut rather than give any assurances to the club and our players. What goes around.....

it's moyes to spurs. defo. wink.png

Moyes u really are trying to piss me off!!!!wai.gif Martinez has had little cash and still managed to keep them in the prem he's survived after the big boys have been in and taken the cream of his team and built gone on and built a new team and still survived, Rodgers has done fuc all mate, hasnt even built a team, holds more than a good press conference, interviews well and no doubts has ideals, but we all know that clubs like liverpool and spurs are totally different egg , so time will tell. ,And just a point for all the crap we've thrown at ari, we'll be pushed to get a manager that delivers 4th 5th and 4th in a hurry

I don't agree. We can find a manager that can improve us markedly. Don't get me wrong, Redknapps done a very good job and has superb man management skills. However, his is tactically useless and some games we won inspite of him. He doesn't understand the need to rotate and went as far as pulling our best players out of position just to keep them in the starting eleven. Why for exanple did he allow Parker to get burnt out when we have the luxury of Sandro and Livermore? Ridiculous.

Levy probably knows his new man already. This has been on the cards since Capello resigned. I'm very hopeful we get someone very good because we have a very strong squad and he'll probably be offered a hefty war chest. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Don Fabio himself!!!

Who am i ??

Tuesday : "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

biggrin.png

Like i said josephine, <deleted> face will be off to the middle east to cash in and good riddance to him. He was effectively finished when he sat back keeping his big gob shut rather than give any assurances to the club and our players. What goes around.....

I agree with this commentohmy.png

But what I fail to grasp is all this vitriol aimed at Harry for a long, long time, by Spurs fans on this board.

I like Harry, I just dont like the way he trys to manipulate the press, whom he tries to use when he has an agenda.

But as far as managing goes, surely he has done a decent job??

Very good article I just read....... seems pretty spot on to me.

http://www.dailymail...ed-history.html

What ex spurs player could step up and take over as manager? i know hoddle but what other ex spurs players have become managers?

One i think would do a good job is Pardrew at Newcastle but i am sure he is happy up there, or would the bright lights of London lure him back.

Beeb News 24 is tipping Moyes as the frontrunner for what that's worth.

Were I a Spurs fan I would be undecided. Do I want to take a punt that might set the club up for years to come with an unknown quantity like Martinez (who is probably going to be a great sometime in the next decade), but might misfire and set us back a couple of years. Do I want a safe bet like Moyes and do I want Baines and Fellaini (edit: make that Rodwell) playing for us next year. Actually there's several good pickings at Everton - that might be the clincher!

Edited by SantiSuk

I don't agree. We can find a manager that can improve us markedly. Don't get me wrong, Redknapps done a very good job and has superb man management skills. However, his is tactically useless and some games we won inspite of him. He doesn't understand the need to rotate and went as far as pulling our best players out of position just to keep them in the starting eleven. Why for exanple did he allow Parker to get burnt out when we have the luxury of Sandro and Livermore? Ridiculous.

Levy probably knows his new man already. This has been on the cards since Capello resigned. I'm very hopeful we get someone very good because we have a very strong squad and he'll probably be offered a hefty war chest. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Don Fabio himself!!!

how would you feel about a european-cup winning manager who has also won la liga in spain twice with a relatively small club and who is currently residing in england albeit while out of work?

how would you feel about a european-cup winning manager who has also won la liga in spain twice with a relatively small club and who is currently residing in england albeit while out of work?

And out of work for a reason, why are the big clubs not knocking on his door and why did you not welcome him back?

Edited by nev

And out of work for a reason, why are the big clubs not knocking on his door and why did you not welcome him back?

politics. there's a perception that he's a trouble-causer because he was the only person at liverpool who would stand up against hicks, gillett and purslow to fight for the club's future. i wouldn't expect you to understand. or want to. you'll just trot out the usual lazy, incorrect tabloidy garbage.

And how will you feel if Rafa takes the vacated Everton job, Stevie?

Seems ideal - he gets to stay in the City he loves.

[Everton is exactly the sort of club that Martinez should be managing as the next step in his career. Not sure that the Everton fans will see it that way]

It would be an interesting choice wouldn't it. He's tactically very savvy and has a proven track record. Thinking back to the Valencia days and the better times at anfield he was very good. I will disregard the Inter period because in fairness the squad was injury ravaged. I also think he would get on with Levy. Levy doesn't meddle in team matters he just controls the purse strings. The only stalling point might be that the chairman by all accounts wants to go with a young manager and a DofF, so my question is how old is Benitez and do you know his views on working with a DofF?

Who am i ??

biggrin.png

But what I fail to grasp is all this vitriol aimed at Harry for a long, long time, by Spurs fans on this board.

I like Harry, I just dont like the way he trys to manipulate the press, whom he tries to use when he has an agenda.

Thats because you don't understand what it is to be a Spurs fan. we're different. smile.png

Who am i ??

biggrin.png

Well girl, be thankful you have got sam cos 100% sure we wouldn't want him. But let's face it we approached ANYONE in you're 'squad'/club they'de jump at the opportunity of going to a biigger club and to play a higher level of football. But as f i said b4, really best you stick to dolls and make up, cos at football, bit like ure club really, you don't seem very good at it.

[Everton is exactly the sort of club that Martinez should be managing as the next step in his career. Not sure that the Everton fans will see it that way]

i don't think rafa would ever take the everton job santi. he's a liverpool supporter, just wouldn't do it. but i think he's going to end up at spurs. he's too good to be out of work this long.

It would be an interesting choice wouldn't it. He's tactically very savvy and has a proven track record. Thinking back to the Valencia days and the better times at anfield he was very good. I will disregard the Inter period because in fairness the squad was injury ravaged. I also think he would get on with Levy. Levy doesn't meddle in team matters he just controls the purse strings. The only stalling point might be that the chairman by all accounts wants to go with a young manager and a DofF, so my question is how old is Benitez and do you know his views on working with a DofF?

he'll work with a DoF so long as he gets final say on the player signings. he wouldn't put up with commoli picking players above him i don't think. he's 52 - relatively young in managerial terms really.

i don't think rafa would ever take the everton job santi. he's a liverpool supporter, just wouldn't do it. but i think he's going to end up at spurs. he's too good to be out of work this long.

he'll work with a DoF so long as he gets final say on the player signings. he wouldn't put up with commoli picking players above him i don't think. he's 52 - retively young in managerial terms really.

Personally I wouldn't want him, forget the internal politics at liverpool and the brief flutter at Milan, But I thought when he left liverpool the squad was in a terrible state and it's only just started to show signs of recovering and whats that taken 100 mil? and 3 seasons, with all due respect, in league terms, to get where exactly?4 me defo not the man for the job, If we we're to go down the 'experienced' route Ide sooner go 'capello, think he's probably had enuf time to realise that the worlds not breaking the door down for his services and unrealistic transfer budgets maybe can be tailored to suit, my only hesitation is whether his English is good enuf But 4 sure his club cv is SECOND to none and on the face of it he would be well capable of taking us on and up a level.

Edited by rijit

uk news reporting that harry redknapp has negotiated a £3m severance and compensation package with tottenham hotspur. after tax this works out at £3m.

That was his annual salary so i suppose Levy just wanted rid of him asap. As i said i reckon the decision to get rid of him was made a while ago and a new manager will be in place very soon. i don't think it will be Moyes. Levy will want someone to potentially take us up a notch and i can't really see Moyes as that man, though he is the safe bet.

Who am i ??

biggrin.png

To be fair Jack, not being a spurs supporter you probaly don't see all the small things that have been wrong this season from tactics to things off the field, see the following :

Putting players out on loan then moaning that we are down to the bare bones

Not having cover for certain positions

Not showing any loyalty by offering himself for the England job

Not rotating the team

Apparently he wasn't at the training ground too much once the england job became available

Strange tactics and team selections for some games

No long term future.

Liable to fuc_k off when he gets a better offer from somewhere like Dubai.

Talking <deleted> to the press

All of the above Levy would have took into consideration when making a decision

Edited by alfieconn

Add to that he was maintaining throughout the period up to Roys appointment that nothing was affecting the team even though we were in freefall. Next thing he's talking to the nation on tv saying that the players are being unsettled because his future is uncertain.

Levy is ruthless but he's also a Spurs supporter that wants a lonterm appointment and handing a three year extention to a 65 year old (that does his negotiating through the media) is not the way forward.

that was a tax avoidance joke by the way carmine. topical, like.

I got it matecheesy.gif but then im an accountant. We really like tax jokes.

Be kind to them - replacing your manager is serious stuff, no time for jokes, got to make sure the bosses don't f___ up, I'm sure you remember!

that was a tax avoidance joke by the way carmine. topical, like.

I got it matecheesy.gif but then im an accountant. We really like tax jokes.

Be kind to them - replacing your manager is serious stuff, no time for jokes, got to make sure the bosses don't f___ up, I'm sure you remember!

Very true, no time for such frivolity. Hopefully our new manager will be unveiled in the next week then we can get back to the huge barrel of laughs that is the Arsenal thread. biggrin.png