Tottenham Thread

chonabot

LOL smokes you can put your rose tinted glasses on and see happy days, seems football fans quickly forget, but after so many supposedly good players being signed by spurs and promising squads letting us down and supposedly outstanding managers not delivering, 4 me it's become almost an innate reaction

I hope all turns out well for all three c/bs and maybe it will, as i hope all turns out well for avb, maybe it will but i have doubts

And as for modric according to sky he's going to madrid for £ 28 !!!! http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7992592/Modric-set-for-Real-switch which probably covers the cost of buying adeboy and a midfielder

Yep and you know he's a leader how exactly? capt int the dutch league, really ? 4 me it means fuc all, on a par with alan hutton who i believed at times captained rangers, fletcher at utd captains scotland, kaboul was an international capt b4 he 1st arrived at spurs he wasn't anywhere near ready 4 us and ,in terms of competitiveness the dutch league probably OVERALL stands at lower to mid championship level and maybe 8/9th possibly lower in europe, so when he's 2 us he comes with NO standing he has to prove himself once again, will he? probably why? cos he's a left sided c/b and they arnt easy to come by. Kaboul admittedly has improved he's strong and quick, but he aint that good a ball player and lets be honest he's had half a season maybe a little more where he's been up to scratch,and that makes him an automatic pick? surely not, and as for caulker, yes he's a good player , but carmine how many players in your time have you seen stepping from a mid table team into the england squad and then on to spurs and fuc_ked up, there's been more than enuf all three have potential, but they havnt proved themselves season in season out in a top 6 team have they, and imo that at the mo makes none of them ready to hold a top 5/6 teams defence 2 gether. so lets not get 2 carried away.

Christ rij.....you're almost managing to send me over the edge into clinical depression with this post. rolleyes.gif

Make your next one "Modric sold for £35m....Spurs go on spending spree!"

Please. wai.gif

More fool you for being taken in by it!!!! Its a load of mate.

We'll be ok if Dl will just buy a striker. Our center back quartet is very decent and probably the cstrongest quartet in the league aside of manchester.

Caulker is a future england captain in the making and already valued around 15m. Had one bad game for us the the carling in what was probably the worst selected and set up team of redknapps reign at Spurs. More dificult to perform well in a weak Swansea defence than alongside the likes of Vidic or Kompany i'd say but there you go! Vertoghen is a proven international and the bit about Kaboul is utter garbage i'm afraid. He's also great on the ball btw Rij.

BTW, you seem to know heaps about the strengths of Vertoghen. How many times have you seen him play?

I agree carmine Our c/b's have the potential to be amongst the best in the prem carmine vastly different than actually being the best, THEY'VE PROVED nothing in a top 5/6 team and yes it could be argued that it's easier to play in a weak team also it could be argued that its also tends to be more forgiving , mistakes arnt quite so broadly reported by the mediia, lose a few game and make a few mistakes, well its swansea or who ever, what do you expect, wheras at a top 6 team ie spurs utd chelsea lose 5/6 games in a row and the daggers come out at least, more than likely heads will roll, its a step up and the pressure oh so much more intense. And where exactly did I say I know heaps on the strength of verity?.

Edited by rijit

I always find it odd that clubs chose to do their transfer really late. Get the team together before a competitive match is a better idea.

That seems to be the general consensus from Spurs fans but the Mr Levy would rather try and save himself a few quid usually at the detriment of the team !

If Hudd goes to the scammer's i'm going to top myself !

Where did u read that alfie? but it wouldnt surpise me, if vb plays 3 midfielders, weve got how many ? 6 someone's going to lose out and the

huds england chances wouldnt be enhanced by a spell on the bench.

Where did u read that alfie? but it wouldnt surpise me, if vb plays 3 midfielders, weve got how many ? 6 someone's going to lose out and the

Well i would perm any 3 from 4, the 4 being Parker, Sandro,Sig and Hudd with Livermore and Jenas next in line so can't see why he would go ! plus Parker is injured at the moment and i'm not sure how long he can keep playing his high energy game.

Edited by alfieconn

Well i would perm any 3 from 4, the 4 being Parker, Sandro,Sig and Hudd with Livermore and Jenas next in line so can't see why he would go ! plus Parker is injured at the moment and i'm not sure how long he can keep playing his high energy game.

Alfie, I'm not disagreeing with you but its you that's saying huddlestone's going no one else!!!

Edited by rijit

So alfie seems as youre avoiding answering I presume the huddlestone rumour was pub talk ?

I've read r Madrid are letting Sahin go and Liverpool are in for him http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19287115

if we're going to get a replacement for modric, he may be worth a shout been v unlucky with injuries since he's been at madrid

No hints anywhere at us signing a striker b4 sat, so looks like were gonna be startin with what we've got. Nice goal from defoe 4 england the

other night, he is so due a big season , lets hope this is the one and its with us.

So alfie seems as youre avoiding answering I presume the huddlestone rumour was pub talk ?

I don't actually frequent public houses Rij 5.gif

I've read r Madrid are letting Sahin go and Liverpool are in for him http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19287115

if we're going to get a replacement for modric, he may be worth a shout been v unlucky with injuries since he's been at madrid

Apparently he only wants to play " champions league football "

No hints anywhere at us signing a striker b4 sat, so looks like were gonna be startin with what we've got. Nice goal from defoe 4 england the

other night, he is so due a big season , lets hope this is the one and its with us.

The only way he will have a big season for us is if he grows 2 foot, once we get a bid centre forward he will be back on the bench 22.gif and then probaly sold in Jan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19280034

I'm pleased to see this on the most reputable site.

I wonder if we will get Adebayor before Saturday?

No

I just keep telling myself its only one game....and we will have things sorted by the second match.

At least it looks like the Modric saga isn't going to drag on to the final day.....

Even if we complete the Adebayor deal he has to get match fit mate and he hasn't had a competitive match in a couple of months

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19280034

I'm pleased to see this on the most reputable site.

I wonder if we will get Adebayor before Saturday?

No

I just keep telling myself its only one game....and we will have things sorted by the second match.

At least it looks like the Modric saga isn't going to drag on to the final day.....

Even if we complete the Adebayor deal he has to get match fit mate and he hasn't had a competitive match in a couple of months

Wouldnt man city have been keeping him/their investment in shape and giving him a few games,?

Edited by rijit