Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Lawro has tipped us to win 2-1...brilliant the woolly back has jinxed us already thumbsup.gif

Anyway 3-2 to us I reckon, should make a more interesting run in for your lot.

is sturridge fit?

He is fit, don't know if he'll start but if he is fit he should start.

Skrtel is out, Bale running at Carra w00t.gif

bbc reckon lennon doubtful, HAMSTRING!!!!!!! against inter vb asking him if he's ok to play !!!!!!!!!!!! pissing on inter full bac what players gonna say nah take me off <deleted>, hindsight a wonderful thing but one of the reasons the lemons playin well is that he's had a long injury free run of games VBs been taking him off early and keeping those hammys fresh skrtell and sturridge are available, , http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21646431

To be fair Walker has returned to form now and offers width.

BAE shouldn't walk over the halfway line too often.

Is this info from a Master predictor ?????? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifwhistling.gif

BTbiggrin.png

Interesting thoughtful comment, BT keep it up clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Good win against Inter. Bale obviously intended to get himself booked to clean the slate for the last eight. Not sure i particularily like that sort of thing but how I'm very unconvinced about Holtby and they look better without him in the team. It's just my opinion. smile.png

Early doors for holtby, no doubts the boy can play, but that's not quite enough at spurs. he's got to step up and make a difference, was the same 4 siggy and dempsey,and getting 20 mins here and there hasnt made it easy 4 them.

• Like 1

I see Jenas and Townsend scored a couple of crackers! tongue.png

Good win against Inter. Bale obviously intended to get himself booked to clean the slate for the last eight. Not sure i particularily like that sort of thing but how I'm very unconvinced about Holtby and they look better without him in the team. It's just my opinion. smile.png

Early doors for holtby, no doubts the boy can play, but that's not quite enough at spurs. he's got to step up and make a difference, was the same 4 siggy and dempsey,and getting 20 mins here and there hasnt made it easy 4 them.

You have somehow combined part of Carmine's quote with mine.biggrin.png

I saw Jenas & Townsend's goals for QPR......a couple of crackers.

Edited by uptheos

I see Jenas and Townsend scored a couple of crackers! tongue.png

You have somehow combined part of Carmine's quote with mine.biggrin.png

I saw Jenas & Townsend's goals for QPR......a couple of crackers.

Thoroughly stupid decision to loan Townsend. He could have played him on the left, Lennon on the right and Bale behind the striker and none of them are slouches.

regarding townsend , he wasn't getting on the bench and was limited to coming of the bench 4 euro lge games, I suppose from his point of view, he was offered reg prem footie by his prev manager, difficult 4 him 2 turn down, me? i'm torn as carmine says we've little or no cover and we let him out!!!!!,but saying that i wasn't convinced he was ready for reg footie with us, with qpr maybe but us???? plus's if bale does go in close season we've given the lad some valuable experience and maybe just maybe he'll be ready to step up.

Edited by rijit

It's in the Mirror so it must be true.

biggrin.png

Real Madrid set to tempt Tottenham with £110m package for Gareth Bale 9 Mar 2013 22:30

Spaniards will bid £60m for Spurs' flying winger AND offer to pay him £10m-a-year to come to the Bernabeu

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gareth-bale-transfer-real-madrid-1753317

keep it up chic and we'll actually start believing your avatar really is you!!!

vertonghen brilliant performance, poor defending cost us, we looked a fair bet after the second, but we did not go on with it.

liverpool worked hard, i wont complain about suarez going down just about all pro players would have done the same in that situation.

without lennon we laboured out wide.

i wont blame loris for the second goal, walker with poor back pass.

time to regroup and kick some ass at training.

• Like 1

Said it all macks....silly errors cost us today.

Onwards and upwards...Anfield is always a tough place to take points.

We gave the ball away too much in the second half and it was only that Spurs didn't capitalize that we got away with it. If it wasn't for that back pass I doubt we would have won.

Btw. Bale is frightening - 2 crosses 2 goals

Individual errors , 4 if u include assou boys clumsy challenge giving the penalty away cost us 2 day, we were oh so so in control and then BOOM sloppy sloppy play. turning point 4 me was the siggy miss, 3-1 and game over, still , baring the loss of three points and the end of an unbeaten run, our bench being shown 4 what it was,, WEAK . enuf to be happy bout, thought Parker although he tired in the last 20 mins, was immense, and dembeli goes from strength to strength, fair play to liverpool they chased and harried, but 4 me it was us that gave it away rather than them beating us. but still onwards and upwards. Milan next up, no bale wonder how were gonna set up 4 that, 442, adeboy back?

Said it all macks....silly errors cost us today.

Onwards and upwards...Anfield is always a tough place to take points.

We gave the ball away too much in the second half and it was only that Spurs didn't capitalize that we got away with it. If it wasn't for that back pass I doubt we would have won.

Btw. Bale is frightening - 2 crosses 2 goals

yeah i must admit to have been being quietly happy when i saw that skirtel was on the bench.

That was a tough one to take. Liverpool played well and i'm not going to say we deserved a point because if you throw it away like that we've no one to blame but ourselves. More possession and more shots on goal is evidence that we had a decent share of the game but schoolboy defending by Walker and a clumsy challenge handed them victory.

Whilst we clearly missed Lennon i really don't understand Livermore being chosen. I'd have thought Sig and Holtby either side of Bale would have been better.

Don't get me started on Defoe!

Always going to be a tough game at anfield against an improving Liverpool side with some very good players so not the end of the world. A competent performance in milan and a win against Fulham and we are back on track

I know i keep harping on about it, but if only we had a decent centre forward, sometimes its like playing with 10 men, stats : 1 shot, 15 passes, 1 mistake that led to the goal <deleted>.

I can't begin to explain how pissed off i get at hearing the bullshit cliche of defoe being a natural goal scorer. He's a useless hit and hope, hoof the ball out of the stadium. How many times has he missed an obvious assist because he can't be bothered to look up and see whats happening around him!

i hate playing Liverpool because i spend 90 minutes watching Suarez, brilliant as usual and the player we should have bought. Broomfield scouted him so often he practically took up dutch citizenship and we didn't <deleted> buy him!

Takes the pressure off us a tad, so I'm happy with that. I'd still like you to come in 3rd though.

I'll take 3rd this season. Considering we don't have a proper striker i'd say that was quite an achievement.

Did you know MrB that scrotum face said that "Suarez wasn't right for us" after it was revealed we didn't even put in a bid for him! Apparently he didn't rate him. Maybe Suarez's agent refused to pay him a back hander

Takes the pressure off us a tad, so I'm happy with that. I'd still like you to come in 3rd though.

I'll take 3rd this season. Considering we don't have a proper striker i'd say that was quite an achievement.

Did you know MrB that scrotum face said that "Suarez wasn't right for us" after it was revealed we didn't even put in a bid for him! Apparently he didn't rate him. Maybe Suarez's agent refused to pay him a back hander

No, didn't know that Carms. Suppose all managers have made a similar mistake at some point but to me it's really down to the scouts. A lot of Managers used to want to build a team around a certain player but with contracts not being worth a jot nowadays and players leaving virtually when they like, it's a dangerous tactic. Maybe Harry had that in mind, dunno. Harry's rallying the troops at QPR though, isn't he.

No, didn't know that Carms. Suppose all managers have made a similar mistake at some point but to me it's really down to the scouts. A lot of Managers used to want to build a team around a certain player but with contracts not being worth a jot nowadays and players leaving virtually when they like, it's a dangerous tactic. Maybe Harry had that in mind, dunno. Harry's rallying the troops at QPR though, isn't he.

Yes he is. He might well save them too. Don't get me wrong, despite my loathing the man i think he's a very good manager and his teams generally play very good football.

If anything, he has been underated earlier in his career. Shame he's such a crook and a gobsh1te

Edited by carmine

Bottom line is its unlikely Daniel would have shelled out over £20m on any player....or will in the future. sad.png

I know i keep harping on about it, but if only we had a decent centre forward, sometimes its like playing with 10 men, stats : 1 shot, 15 passes, 1 mistake that led to the goal <deleted>.

Everyone knew that if there was going to be a weakness after Xmas, it is at centre forward. I don't know if Spurs really tried to get someone, but Defoe is absolutely miserable. I just hope they can keep their spirits up and consolidate 3rd spot. Holtby was a consolation signing to appease the fans and I can't see him being around too long, a bit weak for me.

I give credit to Rodgers for buying Sturridge when everyone was slagging him off.

Bottom line is its unlikely Daniel would have shelled out over £20m on any player....or will in the future. sad.png

He will whilst he's depositing the extra 40 million from the sale of Bale into his account