Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Quote carmine:

'2 there are Brazillians playing all over europe and in the depths of Russia where its a <deleted> sight closer'

I agree with your general point carmine as I posted earlier.

I thought Socrates was questioning 110 Brazilians in the champions league.

Ten teams made up of brazil players did look like rather a lot to me...

but I've obviously got the wrong end of the drumstick.

Quote carmine:

'2 there are Brazillians playing all over europe and in the depths of Russia where its a <deleted> sight closer'

I agree with your general point carmine as I posted earlier.

I thought Socrates was questioning 110 Brazilians in the champions league.

Ten teams made up of brazil players did look like rather a lot to me...

but I've obviously got the wrong end of the drumstick.

Oh yes i see. Sorry about that, i meant "colder"

That figure btw is a confirmed one and it was used in a discussion about the state of English football talent. In that particular year there were only about fifteen English players involved.

yeah the tevez transfer could v well be the first domino tevez 2 juve higyy 2 the arsewipes and after losing out on neymar and now being down a striker ,,,ronny deal done . election 2 impress on? wonder what perez will do?

Understood completely carmine.

Shame Gareth can't play for us.

yes, mind yo i'm not 100% sure he'll be playing for Spurs either!:D

Keep the faith guys..... Bale will not bale on us I am convinced ... One more year. If we win the premiership he will stay for a bit after that too.

yes, mind yo i'm not 100% sure he'll be playing for Spurs either!biggrin.png

Keep the faith guys..... Bale will not bale on us I am convinced ... One more year. If we win the premiership he will stay for a bit after that too.

laugh.png never mind 4th Alfie ...clap2.gif

• Like 1

Seems strange that after all the talk about needing a playmaker we seem to be going for Paulinho who is certainly not a playmaker, similar to Sandro, i can't really see from the highlights of when he played against the chavs what he is going to add to the team !

i'd start learning Portuguese if i were you lot !

new name Porzil ? and team colours, Red, Green, Yellow and Blue. thumbsup.gif

funny i always had you lot down as a load of big nosed bubble and squeaks ! biggrin.png

extra chilie, garlic sauce and plenty of salad please. tongue.png

Edited by tigerfish
  • Like 1

An old article 23.1.13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21157572

Some of the highlights

"This season there are just 17 Brazilians on the books of the 20 Premier League clubs, including four at Chelsea - David Luiz, Oscar, Lucas Piazon and Ramires. They could make that five if they land the prized striker Neymar before the transfer window shuts next week.

Compare that to a decade ago when there were 12. The increase has been relatively marginal when one considers how the financial might of the Premier League has grown in that time.

So why should this be the case?

One of the reasons is undoubtedly cultural. It might be a bit of a cliche, but South American players have traditionally not settled as well in English football as they have in Spain, Portugal and other southern European countries. That is as much to do with the style of football played here as it is to do with language and climate."

Maybe it has worked at Chelsea because they have four of them there?

It then goes on to talk about other reasons which are also contributory factors

So 17 players in total from Brazil in the richest league in the world that has over 55% of its players coming from overseas

I know you Spurs supporters like to cut the cloth to fit but the facts speak for themselves

An old article 23.1.13

Some of the highlights

"This season there are just 17 Brazilians on the books of the 20 Premier League clubs, including four at Chelsea - David Luiz, Oscar, Lucas Piazon and Ramires. They could make that five if they land the prized striker Neymar before the transfer window shuts next week.

Compare that to a decade ago when there were 12. The increase has been relatively marginal when one considers how the financial might of the Premier League has grown in that time.

One of the reasons is undoubtedly cultural. It might be a bit of a cliche, but South American players have traditionally not settled as well in English football as they have in Spain, Portugal and other southern European countries. That is as much to do with the style of football played here as it is to do with language and climate."

So 17 players in total from Brazil in the richest league in the world that has over 55% of its players coming from overseas

I know you Spurs supporters like to cut the cloth to fit but the facts speak for themselves

what point are you trying to make?

Edited by rijit

An old article 23.1.13

Some of the highlights

I seem to remember Spurs have had enormous success with S American players in the past. Sandro had a brilliant season 11/12. I predict he will turn a few heads in the coming campaign. Paulinho can only add value. So? What is yer point ?

• Like 1

Well all will be revealed next week with regard to Paulinho.

It seems there is goimg to be a lot of movement in the transfer market this summer so hopefully we will be in the mix for two or three more players.

I'd love to see David Villa in a Spurs shirt....even if only for a couple of years but I know its unlikely Levy would go for a 31 year old unless the fee was near zero.

It seems there is goimg to be a lot of movement in the transfer market this summer so hopefully we will be in the mix for two or three more players.

I'd love to see David Villa in a Spurs shirt....even if only for a couple of years but I know its unlikely Levy would go for a 31 year old unless the fee was near zero.

I really don't want a 31 year old striker. I'd much rather we took a chance with a younger player.

Paulinho would be a very big coup if we can pull it off. Lets hope that Real Madrid don't mess it up.

Strange partnership we have with Los Blancos.....they nick Modric, tap up Bale and now making a late bid to nab Paulinho. doesn't seem like the arrangements really working for us does it

I really don't want a 31 year old striker. I'd much rather we took a chance with a younger player.

Paulinho would be a very big coup if we can pull it off. Lets hope that Real Madrid don't mess it up.

Strange partnership we have with Los Blancos.....they nick Modric, tap up Bale and now making a late bid to nab Paulinho. doesn't seem like the arrangements really working for us does it

My conspiracy theory carms, they pretend to be after Paulinho and then they say they will let us him,just to gain a few brownie points in the bale saga ! if they did nick him what would Levy put the fee up to for Bale to go to RM !

Edited by alfieconn

I'm sure there will be a pre contract agreement with them and Bale. Can't see him going anywhere else, can you?

If thats what it takes to get the Brazillian and keep Bale for one more season i'm for it. Our team with Paulinho and a new striker will be a very strong side. I still find myself going back at the ridiculous situation Adebayor has created for us and it really winds me up because in him we already have the player we need. Atleast in theory we do!

I"de like us to be flexible 31 who cares!!!! if we can get him 4 a couple of seasons which maybe ?seems as about a rule of thumb 4 players these days,he was and maybe is a top top draw player.get Him aannywhere near his best the lane would luv him,ifwages are do able go 4 it

I think Villa would be perfect for your crowd. Sure, a younger striker would be nice, but at what cost and with what track record ? I figure it all boils down to whether Villa has enough left in his tank to be worth the money, and I'd lay odds he does.

Villa finishing off goals at White Hart Lane would have y'all doing back flips.

If City sees their striker options beginning to vanish I'd love to see Villa there, though I don't think he is what Pellegrini will be looking for.

I"de like us to be flexible 31 who cares!!!! if we can get him 4 a couple of seasons which maybe ?seems as about a rule of thumb 4 players these days,he was and maybe is a top top draw player.get Him aannywhere near his best the lane would luv him,ifwages are do able go 4 it

rij, are you pissed ? biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

saying that i can appreciate where carmines coming from wanting a younger striker,villa could well be seen as a return 2 the bad old days reliant on ,the aging staract ect. maybe, but he just so fits vbs 'prefered' style 2good 2 miss.as4 adeboy your bang on the button carmine.read some where the Turks were looking at him

Edited by rijit

I read on BBC today that now Ancelotti is installed, RM are upping the stakes for Bale. Latest I heard was a big cash offer plus Di Mario.

Better Di Maria go to Spurs than City ! After watching Di Maria for awhile Spurs would forget that Bale ever tripped over anything !tongue.png Di Maria would so infuriate the opposition with his antics that sooner or later somebody would cut him in half.

I read on BBC today that now Ancelotti is installed, RM are upping the stakes for Bale. Latest I heard was a big cash offer plus Di Mario.

Better Di Maria go to Spurs than City ! After watching Di Maria for awhile Spurs would forget that Bale ever tripped over anything !tongue.png Di Maria would so infuriate the opposition with his antics that sooner or later somebody would cut him in half.

players+cash deals rarely come off. That said, i'm a big fan of Di Maria.

I'll settle for now with Bale staying for one more season, signing Paulinho and a top notch striker. That for me would represent a superb summer transfer window and make us a real force this coming season

Carmine- I completely agree with your idea of what would make a successful transfer season for Spurs. As for Di Maria-opinions are like noses, everybody's got one...and they all smell !biggrin.png

With all due respect, there were a number of quality Madrid players that lost their love for the game during the tenure of Mourinho. I think Di Maria might well be one of those players that thrives on a man managers skills. I'd imagine most team conversations at the Bernabeu were all about Mourinho!biggrin.png

Anyway, nice to see the piggy eyed prick is back coaching where he belongs!

We are supposed to have a 'gentlemans agreement' with RM, as a way of cooperating with each other and being anti Barcelona.

Thats why I was convinced we would end up with Isco and leave the way for Cavani to go to Madrid.

Didnt quite work out that way!! I think Madrid want their piece of cake and eat it as well. I wouldnt rely anything on 'agreements' or partnerships with RM. I think they think they are a rule unto themselves

• Like 1

An old article 23.1.13

Some of the highlights

My point was in response to this from Carmine:

"Socrates was suggesting that warm climate and portugese language were key reasons to decide where to play. They are clearly not. I highlighted the number playing in the CL as an example. The real number playing across europe will be much higher. He's highlighted the CL because he doesn't have an answer to the climate/language statements that contradict his post. Lets face it, its hardly breaking news that Spurs didn't qualify for the CL is it!! As to whether that decides Paulinho's decision is another matter but you wouldn't need to be a greek philosopher to understand that it won't be a positive! I've merely responded to his post to highlight he's wrong. Whether his last ditch throwing in of the CL factor is pivotal we'll know in a week or so's time. I personally think if he doesn't join us it will be more a case of being offered more money elsewhere but thats just my opinion

As to the russia closer than brazil thing i have no idea what thats about or the post that its in so i can't comment."