Tottenham Thread

chonabot

lets not forget loic remy, bad end for qpr, but for me this boy looked as though he had the makings of top draw striker 6 IN 14 pretty good figures in a struggling team, and qpr being in the position they are in, it would probably make him pretty good value 4 money atm.

I see odds on us to get Villa have all but disappeared.

I'm glad I'm not a betting man!

One ITK is confident Posted Image

When: 05/07/13

Wgere: SC

Villa looks like its happening.

You misunderstand me.

I'm saying they have closed the book.

7/1 on yesterday....someone must be ITK alright.

Tottenham have signed Brazil midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians for a fee believed to be just under £17m.

Paulinho has become Andre Villas-Boas' first summer recruit as he looks to reshape his squad ahead of a push for a top-four place in the Premier League next season.

The player revealed during the Confederations Cup tournament in his native country that a bid from Spurs to seal his signature had been lodged and that north London was his most likely destination.

Inter Milan and Real Madrid were also believed to be interested in a move for the former Bragantino midfielder, who scored twice during the tournament, following on from his equalising goal in Brazil's 2-2 draw with England last month.

"I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs," said Paulinho. "It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham."

He doesn't know much about English football, does he?

facepalm.gif

Tottenham have signed Brazil midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians for a fee believed to be just under £17m.

Paulinho has become Andre Villas-Boas' first summer recruit as he looks to reshape his squad ahead of a push for a top-four place in the Premier League next season.

The player revealed during the Confederations Cup tournament in his native country that a bid from Spurs to seal his signature had been lodged and that north London was his most likely destination.

Inter Milan and Real Madrid were also believed to be interested in a move for the former Bragantino midfielder, who scored twice during the tournament, following on from his equalising goal in Brazil's 2-2 draw with England last month.

"I am very happy and excited to have joined Spurs," said Paulinho. "It's a huge pleasure for my career to be at a club as big as Tottenham."

facepalm.gif

Interesting, a Brazillian international prefered us even without CL football. biggrin.png

facepalm.gif

Interesting, a Brazillian international prefered us even without CL football. biggrin.png

Cash-in-hand-007.jpg

Your looking more and more like a squashed mushroom with every day that passes without signing anyone.

What if the wind changes Chicoq? biggrin.png

I'm not too worried. We've already signed a frenchman and he's already injured.

thumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif

Cash-in-hand-007.jpg

Considering you have a lot more you can spend than us i reckon thats bullshit answer of the week. laugh.png

• Like 1

Considering you have a lot more you can spend than us i reckon thats bullshit answer of the week. laugh.png

Has it occurred to you that no-one else bid for him? You should be asking yourself why no CL club wanted him.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Now that the deal is finally completed I just want to say I think Paulinho is potentially our best signing in a very long time.

I followed his performances for Brazil recently and his talent and workrate was the best of any player in the tournament bar Neymar's contribution.

If we can sort it out in front of goal then we really are in sky is the limit territory! smile.png

• Like 1

Just picked this up. Ideal for me to get tickets once or twice a year if number one son struggling to get for me.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/stubhub/

Ha! Legalised ticket touting, nice one.

The Club will not dictate pricing and StubHub never sells tickets or sets any prices themselves.

But ; '*Seats can only be listed once the match has sold out.'

^ That would be the ones from which the touts make the most money then? You know, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, etc.

but wasnt its aimed at season ticket holders so touts wont be party to itthumbsup.gif but .i wasnt thinking of that, I was thinking more of the season ticket holder who cant make it for say a couple of weeks cos of illness or holidays dont help them much, , but i suppose if your sharp, selling a couple of games a season. could well help with a lot of the seasons cost , plus's and minus's

Edited by rijit

^ That would be the ones from which the touts make the most money then? You know, Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, etc.

but wasnt its aimed at season ticket holders so touts wont be party to itthumbsup.gif but .i wasnt thinking of that, I was thinking more of the season ticket holder who cant make it for say a couple of weeks cos of illness or holidays dont help them much, , but i suppose if your sharp, selling a couple of games a season. could well help with a lot of the seasons cost , plus's and minus's

I suspect very few season ticket holders are selling their tickets for the big games anyway.

Looks like Remy is up for grabs at @5m..... If Harry is serious about Parker a swap of some sort could be a cheap bit of business for us. There is a lot to like about Remy and to have his calibre on the bench would be no bad thing IMO.

Has it occurred to you that no-one else bid for him? You should be asking yourself why no CL club wanted him.

thumbsup.gif

Nah, i heard Neymar and Paulinho described as the two most consistent players in Brazil over the last two years and i was fine with that. Looks rather good in a Brazil shirt too.

We just did some very smart business didn't we...wink.png

You're so negativecheesy.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Looks like Remy is up for grabs at @5m..... If Harry is serious about Parker a swap of some sort could be a cheap bit of business for us. There is a lot to like about Remy and to have his calibre on the bench would be no bad thing IMO.

A straight swap might be a very good deal for all sides yeah. I don't see him as more than a second string striker though.

A straight swap might be a very good deal for all sides yeah. I don't see him as more than a second string striker though.

Loic Remy for 5m is good business. We should snap him up. He adjusted to the league better than i thought and can play wide or central offering us good options

Loic Remy for 5m is good business. We should snap him up. He adjusted to the league better than i thought and can play wide or central offering us good options

My worry is Levy would leave it like that.

Let's sign Benteke as well! biggrin.png

A straight swop is unlikely but Parker plus some cash should make a deal happen. Doesn't Remy have a release clause? This looks like a deal that could happen

Edited by carmine

My worry is Levy would leave it like that.

Let's sign Benteke as well! biggrin.png

Benteke should be our number 1 target. If we get him it will have been a fantastic window. Lets not get ahead of ourselves but the bookmakers seem to think we are going for him too

A straight swop is unlikely as but it should make a deal happen. Doesn't Remy have a release clause? This looks like a deal that could happen

Lots of rumours about his release clause....£5-8m depending on the source.

thumbsup.gif

Havn't got a clue, so what is the answer Chicoq !

Considering you have a lot more you can spend than us i reckon thats bullshit answer of the week. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Havn't got a clue, so what is the answer Chicoq !

A beaming ray of sunshine through the window.

SP

Not sure what chicoq is on about? Seems he is on the wrong thread? Chic coq? Is that French for something unpleasant? Perhaps he would be more at home at the Emirates? Over there they speak Coq eloquently.