Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The more I think about it, the more I think Bale should go if these offers are correct.

My reasoning is that Spurs have a chance to create a CL qualifying team without Bale. This team could strengthen again with the qualification without breaking up the core of the team.

If Bale stays and they get a CL spot, then he leaves (as being expected), the team would then still have a stigma of being a watered down version of the qualifying team. Also should the horror of horror (or funny, depending on your train of thought) happen and Spurs don't qualify and they then lose Bale, what becomes of Spurs rep.

Alternatively, keep Bale and forget about letting him go next year.

That's why you're a chav.

"To dare is to do."

Or maybe it's because I see the goal as going on a good run or winning the CL, not just to qualify. But I guess you are a North London team, so I can see your top 4 trophy gleaming, only to slump back out of it.

How boring is all this 37.gif someone wake me up when it's all done and dusted 103.gif

Cockadoodle doo.

(Spurs will be fine Alfie. Bale great asset however you look at it. as you know.)

The more I think about it, the more I think Bale should go if these offers are correct.

My reasoning is that Spurs have a chance to create a CL qualifying team without Bale. This team could strengthen again with the qualification without breaking up the core of the team.

If Bale stays and they get a CL spot, then he leaves (as being expected), the team would then still have a stigma of being a watered down version of the qualifying team. Also should the horror of horror (or funny, depending on your train of thought) happen and Spurs don't qualify and they then lose Bale, what becomes of Spurs rep.

"To dare is to do."

Or maybe it's because I see the goal as going on a good run or winning the CL, not just to qualify. But I guess you are a North London team, so I can see your top 4 trophy gleaming, only to slump back out of it.

How boring is all this 37.gif someone wake me up when it's all done and dusted 103.gif

Cockadoodle doo.

(Spurs will be fine Alfie. Bale great asset however you look at it. as you know.)

So The Sun is reporting its £51m plus Di Maria and Coentrao. If it was up to you, yay or nay?

Not when the Independent quoting 86m + those two. laugh.png

Honestly this Bale business is a nonsense. I really think that people should remember that Spurs sell when its good for us not when the player (even if theres any actual truth in it) decides he wants to go. Berbatov went when we decided as did Modric. when we are ready to sell the matter will be taken further.

Indeed, and they will br queuing up for Gareth in 11 months time. I sense French, Spanish, Russian and Mancurian piggy banks will be bulging by then.

No ...not yet Carmine,lets see what his ambition is and if he can cut it in the Champions League like Messi and Ronaldo et al first shall we.

Something tells me he is a little hot and cold to be labelled "world class" just yet.

You really are a big time charlie Mr Edlaugh.png

So you are saying that Real Madrid would pay this sort of money for a player that wasn't world class?

Honestly mate, do back to bedrolleyes.gif .

I haven't got up yet! my maid is bringing me breakfast soon and she is world class biggrin.png

That definitely calls for a pic! rolleyes.gif

Agreed post the pic!

I've just read in the Daily Fail that Daniel is "making an emergency trip to London for crisis talks with Bale today."

Funny...I thought we were having a press conference to announce our new £26m signing.

I wonder which of these is the truth hmmm? :D

So it seems you are all coming round to the fact he is going now then after weeks of "he is going nowhere" cheesy.gif

Well to be fair to your goodself and Mjj that so liked your post we didn't know about the potentially huge offer until the last 24 hours so what do you expect. How on earth were we to expect a club to pay such a kings ransom for a fairly unproven young player?

Did they nickname you bullet at school Mr Ed?rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by carmine

I am told.... Source undisclosed to the lurking hostile supporters abound in here..... That Gareth wants to stay, he sees a long term future with the Premiership champions 2013/14, and a robust showing by Spurs in the UEFA Champions League in 14/15. Why would he want to go abroad to a club in Spain that is on the verge of a financial crisis, when he can be the face of the new Spurs in a new stadium, as champions within 3 years. Just what I have been told by someone closer to the Tottenham Board Room than perhaps many of the speculating visitors to this thread.

For you Yids. Keep the faith.

Interesting article in The Guardian.

Usurping Cristiano Ronaldo would be final step in Gareth Bale evolution

Teenager once seen as 'soft' by Redknapp and rejected by Ferguson and Wenger is intent on taking Real Madrid by storm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/28/cristiano-ronaldo-gareth-bale-real-madrid

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

So he's joining Chelsea?? ;-)

"Gareth wants to stay"..... Sorry ?

OK

I'll rephrase that....

Gareth wants to stay at Tottenham Hotspurs..... He has NEVER contemplated a move to Cheatski.

Keep trying..... More and more egg on face for you soon ......COYS

Teenager once seen as 'soft' by Redknapp and rejected by Ferguson and Wenger is intent on taking Real Madrid by storm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/28/cristiano-ronaldo-gareth-bale-real-madrid

Hey Upyours......

Read my post above ....... Funny as hell watching you guys waste such a lot of time over BS fiction written specifically to sell newspapers.

Happy days.

Carmines starting 11 of a few days ago seems a reality...... Just got to get Jan fit.

Should only miss Palace away. But yes, thats one very tasty side isn't it. Certainly no need to fear anyone

• Like 1

Hey Upyours......

Read my post above ....... Funny as hell watching you guys waste such a lot of time over BS fiction written specifically to sell newspapers.

I found the article about Bale's development and his attitude interesting, but you never read it did you?

Why should I not think your article was a load of <deleted>? (We all know it is) laugh.png

Edited by uptheos

I am told.... Source undisclosed to the lurking hostile supporters abound in here..... That Gareth wants to stay, he sees a long term future with the Premiership champions 2013/14, and a robust showing by Spurs in the UEFA Champions League in 14/15. Why would he want to go abroad to a club in Spain that is on the verge of a financial crisis, when he can be the face of the new Spurs in a new stadium, as champions within 3 years. Just what I have been told by someone closer to the Tottenham Board Room than perhaps many of the speculating visitors to this thread.

You have taken the tiny totts annual delusion to a whole new level.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Congratulations, you've taken the tiny totts annual delusion to a whole new level.

clap2.gif

RED if you look back we unanimously agreed that if there was an offer in the region of 80 mil we would have to take it. However has their ? SHOW ME ONE ANNOUNCEMENT BY SPURS MADRID OR BALE .....oh that's right there ain't any . not even from an agent but when 80 plus is tabled Levy loves a bit of publicity lm sure he'll b more than hapi to tell. as aplc arnt they obliged to announce such an offer ? probably not,just a thought though.

Edited by rijit

RED if you look back we unanimously agreed that if there was an offer in the region of 80 mil we would have to take it. However has their ? SHOW ME ONE ANNOUNCEMENT BY SPURS MADRID OR BALE .....oh that's right there ain't any . not even from an agent but when 80 plus is tabled Levy loves a bit of publicity lm sure he'll b more than hapi to tell as aplc arnt they obliged to announce such an offer ? probably not,just a thought though.

RM ain't got the dosh. A player swap would work for sure..... But Gareth wants to stay at WHL.

Congratulations, you've taken the tiny totts annual delusion to a whole new level.

clap2.gif

Thanks Chic Coq. I feel so much better now you have given me your endorsement.

Can't wait for 1st September..... Get ready!

RED if you look back we unanimously agreed that if there was an offer in the region of 80 mil we would have to take it. However has their ? SHOW ME ONE ANNOUNCEMENT BY SPURS MADRID OR BALE .....oh that's right there ain't any . not even from an agent but when 80 plus is tabled Levy loves a bit of publicity lm sure he'll b more than hapi to tell as aplc arnt they obliged to announce such an offer ? probably not,just a thought though.

RM ain't got the dosh. A player swap would work for sure..... But Gareth wants to stay at WHL.

Haven't you heard? Man U are buying Ronaldo to fund Bale. :-)

"To dare is to do."

yep couldn't agree more alfie Edited by rijit