Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Amuses me to read the trash about Bale.....we have undoubtedly improved our side massively for this season....yet you believe all this stuff about him not being happy.

Young family....three year contract and a cracking team to play for not to mention plenty of cash coming in.

He'd be mental to leave and you all know it really...especially to the pit of vipers over in Madrid.

COYS.

I think Bale is starstruck and money hungry Smokes. Nice guy and all, but I think he has his eye on the big weekly pay packet and the multitude of endorsements that a club like RM can offer. Can't really blame him, but I don't think he is lily white and beholding to the Spurs faithful. He's wanting to chase that pot a gold and worldwide fame. He'd obviously have a big name at Tottenham, but not comparable to the fame and fortune at Real Madrid.xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

You mean finishing second in the Spanish league or playing reserve football?

• Like 1

Amuses me to read the trash about Bale.....we have undoubtedly improved our side massively for this season....yet you believe all this stuff about him not being happy.

Young family....three year contract and a cracking team to play for not to mention plenty of cash coming in.

He'd be mental to leave and you all know it really...especially to the pit of vipers over in Madrid.

COYS.

I think Bale is starstruck and money hungry Smokes. Nice guy and all, but I think he has his eye on the big weekly pay packet and the multitude of endorsements that a club like RM can offer. Can't really blame him, but I don't think he is lily white and beholding to the Spurs faithful. He's wanting to chase that pot a gold and worldwide fame. He'd obviously have a big name at Tottenham, but not comparable to the fame and fortune at Real Madrid.Posted Image

The global 'Bale' brand is already worth millions and is set to increase massively. He has untold wealth, more than he could ever spend. He is happy with his family life, and with where he is located. The high risk strategy is to think about Spain at this juncture where he might not fit in immediately. Believe me, he will be lined up at Crystal Palace happy as ever and raring to go.

COYS.

Alas but no Champions League Smokes....to be fair to the lad he did state that he wanted this in the middle of last season....for me that was the hint...but i say fair play to him and it shows he has ambition too....maybe he goes to Madrid and Ronaldo comes to United....whistling.gif Chevrolet are interested.

COYS.

Alas but no Champions League Smokes....to be fair to the lad he did state that he wanted this in the middle of last season....for me that was the hint...but i say fair play to him and it shows he has ambition too....maybe he goes to Madrid and Ronaldo comes to United....xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.Ta1j7I9wik.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18> Chevrolet are interested.

CL will be back at the Lane soon enough mate....have no fear. thumbsup.gif

Between Bale and Di Maria at RM, the refs won't be able to keep up with all the diving. An Ancelotti secret strategy.xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.6AXjMEeEEF.webp alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

You tell MrRed mate....no European footy after Xmas doesn't stop players signing for you now does it?

You can afford Fellaini now Smokes and Baines smile.png

TBH, i dont reckon we'd/vb would go 4 fellaini, at 24 ? ish not good value 4 money and imo only game changingly effective playing of the striker, pretty average when he drops bac and tbh i'm reckoning/hoping dembely will step up this season, 4 sure he's a better footballer. As for baines, And as much as i rate him 2 much money 4 a 29?= year old defender probably better value else where, plus if he's gonna move 100% he'll want champs lge THIS COMING season 4 sure

How old is Soldado rijit you know the guy you have just paid 26 MILLION for............ 29?

Just turned 28 red, but take your point, dont think u cant really compare the price of strikers to that of

fullbacks, but bottom line is perhaps levy's learnt a lesson, bit like diy, fix a problem early tends to cost little, leave it and leave it, the bill can get crazysmile.png .

saying that, the price of players/strikers seems to have jumped SIGNIFICANTLY this season, would you have thought 35 mil wouldn't have bought fabregaz or 40 suarez last season? doubt it somehow, makes 25 for vp even at 29 look cheap. its all fucin ridiculous really, when so many people are starving no water,illiterate, ect ect huh!!!

• Like 2

TBH, i dont reckon we'd/vb would go 4 fellaini, at 24 ? ish not good value 4 money and imo only game changingly effective playing of the striker, pretty average when he drops bac and tbh i'm reckoning/hoping dembely will step up this season, 4 sure he's a better footballer. As for baines, And as much as i rate him 2 much money 4 a 29?= year old defender probably better value else where, plus if he's gonna move 100% he'll want champs lge THIS COMING season 4 sure

How old is Soldado rijit you know the guy you have just paid 26 MILLION for............ 29?

Just turned 28 red, but take your point, dont think u cant really compare the price of strikers to that of

fullbacks, but bottom line is perhaps levy's learnt a lesson, bit like diy, fix a problem early tends to cost little, leave it and leave it, the bill can get crazysmile.png .

saying that, the price of players/strikers seems to have jumped SIGNIFICANTLY this season, would you have thought 35 mil wouldn't have bought fabregaz or 40 suarez last season? doubt it somehow, makes 25 for vp even at 29 look cheap. its all fucin ridiculous really, when so many people are starving no water,illiterate, ect ect huh!!!

I disagree, especially in the case of Leighton Baines who IMO is the best left back in the country, who serves not only as a good defender but is also excellent going forward down the wing, gives 100% effort and his ball distribution into the box is without equal, making lots of goals (or assists, as they seem determined to call them now). He won't let you down from free kicks and takes one heck of a penalty. I'm just surprised that he hasn't gone to Manchester United. If left back is a problem and Spurs have the money, it's a no brainer for me, you would be buying a huge talent.

Who was talking about full backs you was the one that mentioned Fellaini who is not a full back rolleyes.gif

I think the TV money going through the roof this season might have something to do with it

• Like 1

I disagree, especially in the case of Leighton Baines who IMO is the best left back in the country, who serves not only as a good defender but is also excellent going forward down the wing, gives 100% effort and his ball distribution into the box is without equal, making lots of goals (or assists, as they seem determined to call them now). He won't let you down from free kicks and takes one heck of a penalty. I'm just surprised that he hasn't gone to Manchester United. If left back is a problem and Spurs have the money, it's a no brainer for me, you would be buying a huge talent.

yep i rate him but you'll get, with a strong wind behind him, 2 full seasons at the current standard, then like ashley cole his attacking ablity will start slipping

and at 17plus , which i think is what everton are looking 4 him, i reckon he's to much money,and good enuf fullbacks arnt 2 dificult to pic up it would be better to buy young and let them gain some , like naughton walker and to a point rose.

Edited by rijit

I'd buy Baines yesterday.

so would i have done , but today he's a year or 2 old for the money that they want IMObiggrin.png which is why man utd havnt been bac.4 him

Edited by rijit

So why ain't nobody bought him?

Looks like he's bldy good value for Martinez staying where he is.

no doubt he's the best l/b in th e division , but i believe he's on decently long contract and everton want somewhere between 17 and 22 ish and seems they aint currently budging and maybe just a guess , they are quietly pissed of with man u bout the mosey thing , hence the apology letter from utd to everton ?

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

yep i rate him but you'll get, with a strong wind behind him, 2 full seasons at the current standard, then like ashley cole his attacking ablity will start slipping

and at 17plus , which i think is what everton are looking 4 him, i reckon he's to much money,and good enuf fullbacks arnt 2 dificult to pic up it would be better to buy young and let them gain some , like naughton walker and to a point rose.

He will play a big part in getting you into the CL and even for three seasons he will have repaid with interest. Once in the CL then the bucks really start to rioll in if you're good enough. I guess I like him because there's nothing flash about him and just gets on with his job (very well) actually...... looks like he's stuck in the 70's. wink.png

I've got a sneaky feeling Martinez and Everton could do quite well this coming season in the EPL.

Glad they rejected Joey Barton's offer to play for half pay!

It reminds me of Carmine's joke about Downing.

Everton have had a very good window already. And they still have fellaini and baines.

• Like 1

I've got a sneaky feeling Martinez and Everton could do quite well this coming season in the EPL.

Could be. I don't think they will be any worse off without Moyes. Martinez ought to do as well unless too many of his players get cherry picked.

He will play a big part in getting you into the CL and even for three seasons he will have repaid with interest. Once in the CL then the bucks really start to rioll in if you're good enough. I guess I like him because there's nothing flash about him and just gets on with his job (very well) actually...... looks like he's stuck in the 70's. wink.png

'he will play'? are we signing him then o's?