Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Really looking forward to the next couple of games, I reckon AVB will rest a few players that featured in last weekends EMPHATIC win over Norwich, probably will bring in Fryers, Freidel, Naughton, Sandro, Defoe, Kaboul, Holtby, Chadli, Lennon and Lamela..... such a small squad we have :-) Back to normal service against Cardiff Sunday. Seems like an exciting game last night, Liverpool first half, Swansea second, going to be an exciting Premier League this year I believe....

Yes it was a bloody good win and the team can only get better as the games roll on. No team is going to walk away with it this season so yeah.....gonna be a whole lot of excitement for everyone.

Just hope Soldado and Lamela find their scoring boots early on...Cardiff and then the chavs at home.....that one will be a big test for us.

Soldado still isn't getting the service, but that should and is improving with Eriksen on the scene playing, well frankly anyway he wants from i've seen!

Lamela should start from now on playing an inverted wing role, same as Townsend, cutting inside allowing Rose and Walker to play wing back roles with the cover at the back coming from Paulinho and Sandro/Capoue.

When we can start fielding this best eleven in this manner then the goals will come and we'll see what we are made of but fans should be patient, which ofcourse they won't!

I'll feel much better with Kaboul back and Capoue who's due back in a couple of weeks but will probably miss the "Mourinho game."

I really think you miss the point... Levy, Baldini and AVB sold Bale, but brought in 7 quality internationals all with pace, also releasing some players not considered good enough to be squad members, and too slow, Parker, Huddlestone, Caulker and Dempsey. The reason for this was, when we had injuries or suspensions last season, the afore mentioned squad players simply weren't good enough when called upon. The point is, we have 2 quality players for every position now, if not more... so any 11 we field should be good enough to win any game, and we will get stronger... mostly young players too, which will lay the foundation for several years to come. The futures bright, it's lilly white :-)))

Sound familiar? Posted Image

"Being married to a Tottenham Hotspur fan is not desirable - 23 per cent of Spurs fans admit to neglecting their sex lives during the football season".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2423334/Why-football-team-bad-health-Chelsea-fans-biggest-boozers-Man-U-supporters-scoff-takeaways.html

Hmmm... not when we win, then give the missus a right good rogering as a celebration... so sex life has improved dramatically over the past 4 seasons... my missus loves Spurs now :-))))

I wish mine shared that enthusiasm. :lol:

Do le arse fans have a sex life anyway? They are all drunks and drug addled rent boys from what I can see! :D

Sound familiar? laugh.png

"Being married to a Tottenham Hotspur fan is not desirable - 23 per cent of Spurs fans admit to neglecting their sex lives during the football season".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2423334/Why-football-team-bad-health-Chelsea-fans-biggest-boozers-Man-U-supporters-scoff-takeaways.html

Oooh that sounds familiar.

"It showed that Arsenal fans are most likely to neglect their partner, with 63 per cent admitting they spend more time with their friends than their loved ones during the season.".

I remember when the missus screamed at me "I swear you love The Arsenal more than you love me!".

I said "I love Tottenham more than I love you".

<drumroll>

<cymbal>

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the next couple of games, I reckon AVB will rest a few players that featured in last weekends EMPHATIC win over Norwich, probably will bring in Fryers, Freidel, Naughton, Sandro, Defoe, Kaboul, Holtby, Chadli, Lennon and Lamela..... such a small squad we have :-) Back to normal service against Cardiff Sunday.  Seems like an exciting game last night, Liverpool first half, Swansea second, going to be an exciting Premier League this year I believe....

Yes it was a bloody good win and the team can only get better as the games roll on. No team is going to walk away with it this season so yeah.....gonna be a whole lot of excitement for everyone.

Just hope Soldado and Lamela find their scoring boots early on...Cardiff and then the chavs at home.....that one will be a big test for us.

Soldado still isn't getting the service, but that should and is improving with Eriksen on the scene playing, well frankly anyway he wants from i've seen!

Lamela should start from now on playing an inverted wing role, same as Townsend, cutting inside allowing Rose and Walker to play wing back roles with the cover at the back coming from Paulinho and Sandro/Capoue.

When we can start fielding this best eleven in this manner then the goals will come and we'll see what we are made of but fans should be patient, which ofcourse they won't!

I'll feel much better with Kaboul back and Capoue who's due back in a couple of weeks but will probably miss the "Mourinho game."

I really think you miss the point... Levy, Baldini and AVB sold Bale, but brought in 7 quality internationals all with pace, also releasing some players not considered good enough to be squad members, and too slow, Parker, Huddlestone, Caulker and Dempsey. The reason for this was, when we had injuries or suspensions last season, the afore mentioned squad players simply weren't good enough when called upon. The point is, we have 2 quality players for every position now, if not more... so any 11 we field should be good enough to win any game, and we will get stronger... mostly young players too, which will lay the foundation for several years to come. The futures bright, it's lilly white :-)))

The future looks very bright indeed....no doubt about it and Townsend will hopefully be at the forefront of that.

My feeling is that the sky is the limit for this team provided we can sort our defensive frailties.

Chiriches and Kaboul are badly needed over Dawson.

• Like 1

Sound familiar? laugh.png

Hmmm... not when we win, then give the missus a right good rogering as a celebration... so sex life has improved dramatically over the past 4 seasons... my missus loves Spurs now :-))))

I wish mine shared that enthusiasm. laugh.png

Do le arse fans have a sex life anyway? They are all drunks and drug addled rent boys from what I can see! biggrin.png

I am beginning to enjoy this forum :-)

Just got back from a &lt;deleted&gt; 10 days family bereavement in UK.

The only upside of it all was number one son got tickets for the Norwich game. The view from the stands is thus (I have not had an opportunity to see the TV rerun....yet.)

For me, man of the match was Danny Rose. He was superb on the ball, and watching him off the ball shows the huge improvement he has made in his game overall.

Gylfi obviously had a brilliant game, but it was clear to me that Soldado's presence (the main attention of the Norwich defence), clearly at times gave big chunks of space in the box. Excellent we capitalised on that. Well done AVB!

Erikson was outstanding and has made an immediate impact. The standing ovation he got when subbed was emotional to be honest.

Soldado hardly touched the ball. I believe this is entirely a bedding in period. It looked to me as if he is craving for the ball to be passed direct to his feet, whilst midfield are looking for clever passes into space. More squad practice will fix this, then look out; Soldado looks like he is wound up like a rubber band ready to go ballistic with the ball at his feet. Collectively the service needs to be sorted.

Townsend needs to be pulled aside with a whisper in his shell like; he ain't no Gareth Bale, yet...... He would be outstanding if he looked up and had that special magic intuition where his fellow attackers might be, and PASS the ball!

I compared notes after the game and the consensus was every single spurs player put in one helluva shift. 2-0 sounds moderate, but I can tell you if it wasn't for Bassong we would ave hammered them.

The Lane was near capacity and it was noisy, boisterous and heart warming.

COYS

• Like 2

COYS

Welcome back ian and sorry to hear about your bad news.

You havn't missed much on here, a lot of the other posters seem to have deserted our thread for some strange reason facepalm.gif

• Like 1

COYS

You havn't missed much on here, a lot of the other posters seem to have deserted our thread for some strange reason facepalm.gif

Yep...Eriksen has only played one game as well! clap2.gif

COYS

I'm still here and watching closely.

Where's Lamela? Work permit?

COYS

You havn't missed much on here, a lot of the other posters seem to have deserted our thread for some strange reason Posted Image

Lamela came on as a sub for Dembele v Norwich. Around 80th minute. Not long enough for any kind of critique.

• Like 1

COYS

Lamela came on as a sub for Dembele v Norwich. Around 80th minute. Not long enough for any kind of critique.

Excellent impersonation of carmine, Ian.

Brother Lamela got kidnapped so Google tells me.

Is it because you sold the world's most expensive player that Spurs are now under the Microscope and a Main headline on National TV regarding a football chant ??

It's your song and I am sure NO one else wants to pinch it !

Welcome to the Big League and your not even in the CL ---- "YET" It will only get worse. w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

Is it because you sold the world's most expensive player that Spurs are now under the Microscope and a Main headline on National TV regarding a football chant ??

Welcome to the Big League and your not even in the CL ---- "YET" It will only get worse. w00t.gif

BT biggrin.png

Already been in the CL thanks....yank ya chain in son...biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Is that how you round up your sheep with a chain ???? Bit cruel really bah.gif

Just watched ALL the British teams in CL this year and sorry missed the Spurs game ! Maybe tomorrow we will see them ? post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

BT biggrin.png

Seems we have a situation brewing with Adebayor, ofcourse aided by media sh*t stirring and some ill chosen comments by that useless goal shy midget Defoe.

It's going to be a test of AVB's man management especially when the likes of Defoe. has chosen to throw his hat in with Adebayor.

Time to get rid of Defoe now. He's 30 next birthday but there just might be a club desperate enough to pay money for his limited talent.

Both these two would represent a very large reduction in wages to facilitate a new transfer for someone like a player from Juve or wherever!! With our attacking midfield options two's arguably enough.

• Like 1

BT biggrin.png

Is that how you round up your sheep with a chain ???? Bit cruel really bah.gif

Just watched ALL the British teams in CL this year and sorry missed the Spurs game ! Maybe tomorrow we will see them ? post-4641-1156694572.gif.pagespeed.ce.33

BT biggrin.png

Yes, a bit embarrassing each season watching British teams falling at the first hurdle. Chelsea last night, Arse in a couple of weeks... seems like we need a good team back in there, like Spurs, put back a bit of pride into English football again. PS. So glad that Russian drug dealing prostitute muppet and his wimp of an arrogant manager "stole" Willian off us last minute, so we got Erikson instead at a third of the price, Levy must be running all the way to the bank.....with a smug smile cheesy.gif

Seems we have a situation brewing with Adebayor, ofcourse aided by media sh*t stirring and some ill chosen comments by that useless goal shy midget Defoe.

It's going to be a test of AVB's man management especially when the likes of Defoe. has chosen to throw his hat in with Adebayor.

Time to get rid of Defoe now. He's 30 next birthday but there just might be a club desperate enough to pay money for his limited talent.

Both these two would represent a very large reduction in wages to facilitate a new transfer for someone like a player from Juve or wherever!! With our attacking midfield options two's arguably enough.

I can't work it out carms, if a player hasn't trained for say 7 weeks then its obvious that he isn't fit thus he wouldn't be doing the same training as the first team squad, thus he would train somewhere else ! unless there's more to it than that of course.

Edited by alfieconn

Could be a media spin, they need something to fill their days with now GB has gone Spanish. I agree any degree of bickering by any player needs to be slapped down quick. If Defoe really said it to Sky, then stick him in the reserves, no place on the bench.... Slapped and brought into line.

For the wider picture it makes sense to get Adebayor fit, and when ready, train with the squad and be available. I see no evidence that AVB is permanently keeping him out. We may well need both him and Defoe for Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup runs given that our priority is to win the Premiership!