Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Too true YB. Don't believe he's scored in his last ten appearances!

Mindyou i still think we were mugs not to do the deal. Seems like Levy handled it in the same penny pinching manner as he did when he messed up the Joao Moutinho transfer.

Benteke's just going through a bad spell that every striker has but he's quality and will get past it.

Torres has been having a bad spell for nearly four years now remember!!!

Hmmmmm I don't like signing players after one good or very good season for a lot of money. The second and third seasons are a lot better judge of a players ability. My main reason for this is once teams have had a chance to 'look at' the player and 'work him out' then see how good the player is.

That said I agree he is a good player with an all round good game and yes it might well be that he is going through a 'bad spell' and he comes good. He is a young lad and I hope he does. Whether he does or not I don't know, have to wait and see but I wouldn't want my club putting down large sums for him or any player in a similar situation to him.

Just my opinion.

YB

Michu is a good example: scored 18 goals in 35 league appearances and was the most efficient striker in EPL halfway through last season. This season 12 games 2 goals.

I know there are variables that contribute to theses figures including injury concerns for Michu, but he was being priced and hyped to crazy levels from January onwards. I'm very happy we didn't go in for him.

Yes but they only paid 2m for him. He was the bargain of the season and is still a bargain.

For sure but after one amazing season in the EPL prices of 30M were being thrown about in the summer

Too true YB. Don't believe he's scored in his last ten appearances!

Mindyou i still think we were mugs not to do the deal. Seems like Levy handled it in the same penny pinching manner as he did when he messed up the Joao Moutinho transfer.

Benteke's just going through a bad spell that every striker has but he's quality and will get past it.

Hmmmmm I don't like signing players after one good or very good season for a lot of money. The second and third seasons are a lot better judge of a players ability. My main reason for this is once teams have had a chance to 'look at' the player and 'work him out' then see how good the player is.

That said I agree he is a good player with an all round good game and yes it might well be that he is going through a 'bad spell' and he comes good. He is a young lad and I hope he does. Whether he does or not I don't know, have to wait and see but I wouldn't want my club putting down large sums for him or any player in a similar situation to him.

Just my opinion.

YB

Michu is a good example: scored 18 goals in 35 league appearances and was the most efficient striker in EPL halfway through last season. This season 12 games 2 goals.

I know there are variables that contribute to theses figures including injury concerns for Michu, but he was being priced and hyped to crazy levels from January onwards. I'm very happy we didn't go in for him.

Loads of examples, players too often have a great season, half a season and thats is they are worth 30million. Hold your horses I say and lets see if they can do that over 2/3/4 years plus because thats what the great and the top players do. My own club Liverpool did it with Carrol, a good season in the Championship, half a season in the prem and bang 35 million. I know that was a desperate last day transfer but still he didn't warrant it. If he had done it for 2/3 + years in the premier league then fine.

By all means label them as someone with talent, one for the future, one to keep an eye on, say he could well be a very good player etc but don't go over the top straight away.

I am thinking about Macheda also, at 17 scored some important goals for them, not heard from him since. I think the new 18year old , Januzay (sorry about the spelling) looks a fantastic talent and could well be a great great player but lets see how he is doing in a few years.

Just my 2 cents.

YB

For sure but after one amazing season in the EPL prices of 30M were being thrown about in the summer

Just my opinion.

YB

Yes but they only paid 2m for him. He was the bargain of the season and is still a bargain.

Yes superb value for money, as was Benteke, as were countless other but we are referring to them then being touted or sold on for ridiculous money when they have done it at the top level for long enough.

Isn't saying spurs a profanity. Sorry about the grammar. Seems I'm challenged by it, like tot's opponents rarley are.

I think were all rather bored with you. You can't say anything of worth about football. You're a lousy pitiful troll.

You ain't funny. You just sound like a cretin i'm afraidlaugh.png

Looks like Real Madrid have decided they will be buying Paulinho from us!!

Don't you just love this "partnership" Levy and Perez put together.

Really Carms? In January? Where have you read that?

When you say relationship you mean, being their feeder club? lol

Looks like Real Madrid have decided they will be buying Paulinho from us!!

Don't you just love this "partnership" Levy and Perez put together.

Really Carms? In January? Where have you read that?

When you say relationship you mean, being their feeder club? lol

Basically, yes. Our partnership seems to be based on then tapping up our best players via Marcha and forcing us to sell.

This rumor has been going around for a while but the latest is in the Telegraph. I'd be surprised if we didn't hold onto him until the end of the season though.

• Like 1

100 million might force our hand again. tongue.png

You'll get about 30 Million and can invest in another Soldado or Lamela. wink.png

I did read there's a possible 4 Million bid in the offing for Long from WBA, AND the possibility of Berbatov returning, despite the bad feelings when he left........oh dear.sad.png

Isn't saying spurs a profanity. Sorry about the grammar. Seems I'm challenged by it, like tot's opponents rarley are.

I think were all rather bored with you. You can't say anything of worth about football. You're a lousy pitiful troll.

Haven't you noticed that your overposting, and getting it wrong, make you a bigger source of mirth than myself?

Realise, please. Your team is not very good. Your turnover of managers reflects that fact, Your best players run away to Madrid, and you have no chance of Champion's League football this year; nor in the forseeable future.

"We're"; to reflect your grammatical error about those who are bored vwith me.

You sound like a tot fan in the UK posting on a Thailand thread coz you'd get slaugheterd, like yer teem reg u r lee do in the leeg, if you gave the same garbage in the UK. I am in Thailand, but was a regular at games when I lived in LONDON. Where you live, sunshine?

Keep yer posts coming. They are funny, to say the least. If you want to disagree with that, look at other replies to ypur garbage.

• Like 1

Haven't you noticed that your overposting, and getting it wrong, make you a bigger source of mirth than myself?

Realise, please. Your team is not very good. Your turnover of managers reflects that fact, Your best players run away to Madrid, and you have no chance of Champion's League football this year; nor in the forseeable future.

You sound like a tot fan in the UK posting on a Thailand thread coz you'd get slaugheterd, like yer teem reg u r lee do in the leeg, if you gave the same garbage in the UK. I am in Thailand, but was a regular at games when I lived in LONDON. Where you live, sunshine?

Keep yer posts coming. They are funny, to say the least. If you want to disagree with that, look at other replies to ypur garbage.

Hello knackerbag, boring and witless as ever i seelaugh.png

Only following your lead.

PLease give us all summat innerestin to read.

Sounds like you're a tot fan from Essex. I've given my identity; Where's yours?

Tell us, and we can all have a larf. Possibly more at you then we all do your team.

Tell us, and we can all have a larf. Possibly more at you then we all do your team.

I'm fed up of having to decypher this crap!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Good performance, stand outs for me were Dembele and Paulinho. 68% possession, 20 shots, 7 on target and reducing Stoke to just 2 attempts. Mark Hughes truly is a dreadful manager.

More sensible selection by Sherwood, and interesting to see him pick Fryers who had a decent game.

Considering the absence of Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Townsend, Walker that line up showed what strength in depth Sherwood has at his disposal.

Well we are utterly crap....three points off a CL place and still in Europe.

I'm gutted....and expectation right now is almost zero.

rolleyes.gif

Yes scored 3-0 goals too! Might get Alfie back if you carry on!

2 points behind us and you haven't played well yet! Worrying for us really!

I'm fed up of having to decypher this crap!!!!!!!!!!

Knackerbags a half wit that has no place on this thread. If we wanted an imbecile to post regularly we would give him a call. Funny thing is, he claims to be an Arsenal fan yet spends all his time on this thread. Of the little time he spends on the goon thread he doesn't seem to have anything worthwhile to say either.

Just a troll, and not a very good one at that. Sad.

Good performance, stand outs for me were Dembele and Paulinho. 68% possession, 20 shots, 7 on target and reducing Stoke to just 2 attempts. Mark Hughes truly is a dreadful manager.

More sensible selection by Sherwood, and interesting to see him pick Fryers who had a decent game.

Considering the absence of Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Townsend, Walker that line up showed what strength in depth Sherwood has at his disposal.

Some of Paulinho's touches were sublime.

Why doesn't Dembele do that more often, I've always thought he could go through like a Sherman tank.

Lots of miss hits by the usual suspect, but takes a nice penalty.

Why doesn't Dembele do that more often, I've always thought he could go through like a Sherman tank.

Yes Soldado missed at least two very good chances. However, he looks motivated and is showing a decent work rate. I have to believe he'll turn it round.

Theres a growing clamor to play more of Lamela too. He has a superb touch, great ball skills but with Lennon in such good form how can you drop him! I don't believe the talk of Lamela leaving or going on loan as i have it on reliable authority that he was bought with the full knowledge that his settling in would take a few months.

Yes Soldado missed at least two very good chances. However, he looks motivated and is showing a decent work rate. I have to believe he'll turn it round.

Theres a growing clamor to play more of Lamela too. He has a superb touch, great ball skills but with Lennon in such good form how can you drop him! I don't believe the talk of Lamela leaving or going on loan as i have it on reliable authority that he was bought with the full knowledge that his settling in would take a few months.

Carms regarding Soldado, take away yesterday I didn't watch the game yesterday but in the last couple of games I have seen him he seems to be contributing which is obviously a plus point. I just think there are too many times a good cross goes in which he should be tapping in at back post or what not and he is miles away from it. Furthermore when he does have a chance he seems to want more time and is snatching at it. Thoughts?

YB

He's had a slow start and is eager to start scoring more regularly.....I thought he looked lethargic at the beginning of the season but now he is always looking for the ball.

Two up front for me will give both strikers more opportunities.....I hope he can relax and start converting.

He is a very good penalty taker thumbsup.gif

Happy new year to all the Spurs lads on here ..i hope your first game at OT is a great game and we beat you with a offside goal a diving given penalty and a deflection in the 95th minute.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Happy new year to all the Spurs lads on here ..i hope your first game at OT is a great game and we beat you with a offside goal a diving given penalty and a deflection in the 95th minute.wai2.gif

Or perhaps if we score and the balls a meter over the line and its not given. thumbsup.gif

btw Mr Ed, Nev stated that you will win the league and you think you are in with a shout. smile.png Brilliant stuff!!

So did all your pals about the Spuds mate....and what happened?

You are now Billy no mates and talking to me biggrin.png

Tell Alfie it is ok he has no need to be embarrassed....Tim Sherlock is just as good looking as Andre.

Every chance if Young is playing, Mr Ed.....every chance.

• Like 1