Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Manchester United manager David Moyes has been linked with a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend on the final day of the transfer window.

The move may have to be sidelined until the end of the season but the Premier League champions hope to sweeten their rivals by loaning Nani to the White Hart Lane club today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-manchester-united-reportedly-planning-late-swoop-for-andros-townsend-9098165.html

Can't see that happening, especially to Man Utd as they are rival contenders

for a top 4 spot.

If Townsend goes to the world cup and does well, then Utd or anyone else

will need to come up with some serious money to attract levy's hand.

• Like 1

Manchester United manager David Moyes has been linked with a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend on the final day of the transfer window.

The move may have to be sidelined until the end of the season but the Premier League champions hope to sweeten their rivals by loaning Nani to the White Hart Lane club today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-manchester-united-reportedly-planning-late-swoop-for-andros-townsend-9098165.html

for a top 4 spot.

Fancy Nani?

for a top 4 spot.

Fancy Nani?

Not on your Nelly!

for a top 4 spot.

Fancy Nani?

Not on your Nelly!

laugh.png thought not.

None of any of that changes my opinion.

There are indeed certain times when goal difference makes no difference, with regards where you finish. Last couple of games of the season, for example, might be one of those times, if the teams around you have vastly different GD figures.

Just over half way through the season, with no certainty of what position you will end up battling it out with another team/teams for, as was the case when you took on City, wasn't one of those times. Far too early to be stating that goal difference is an irrelevance to you.

Unintelligible drivel. But you can optimistically think we will score more than Liverpool in the last 16 matches if it makes you happy .... Nice thought indeed, but then you mistaken chap you, we would need to score another 30 more goals to get ahead..... Hello.?

If you found that unintelligible you must be dyslexic or something.

16 matches still to be played, as you yourself stated, and for some bizarre reason you are speaking as if the only team you are fighting it out with for a position is Liverpool.

^Utd will be in the hunt & for me Liverpools biggest threat for a top 4 finish.Spurs are simply not good enough .

You are correct in saying that Mun Utd are the threat regarding fourth spot....but not for your lot....you will slide down to sixth is my prediction...too hot and cold I am afraid!

^Utd will be in the hunt & for me Liverpools biggest threat for a top 4 finish.Spurs are simply not good enough .

You are correct in saying that Mun Utd are the threat regarding fourth spot....but not for your lot....you will slide down to sixth is my prediction...too hot and cold I am afraid!

w00t.gif Get on you!

• Like 1

None of any of that changes my opinion.

There are indeed certain times when goal difference makes no difference, with regards where you finish. Last couple of games of the season, for example, might be one of those times, if the teams around you have vastly different GD figures.

Just over half way through the season, with no certainty of what position you will end up battling it out with another team/teams for, as was the case when you took on City, wasn't one of those times. Far too early to be stating that goal difference is an irrelevance to you.

Unintelligible drivel. But you can optimistically think we will score more than Liverpool in the last 16 matches if it makes you happy .... Nice thought indeed, but then you mistaken chap you, we would need to score another 30 more goals to get ahead..... Hello.?

If you found that unintelligible you must be dyslexic or something.

16 matches still to be played, as you yourself stated, and for some bizarre reason you are speaking as if the only team you are fighting it out with for a position is Liverpool.

Yawn. The issue you jumped on was my goal difference comment. Don't try to divert onto another topic. If you are suggesting we can score an average of 2 more goals than Liverpool per game then we could claw back the 30 deficit. Not even the super optimist would consider such. It's just not going to happen. Do the math. As for the other teams, Man U and Everton; we need to stay ahead of them by winning as many games as we can. The reality of our situation now is we need Liverpool to slip up quite badly.... More on that later. Now trot off and go buy a calculator.... 30 divided by 16 is? Edited by iancnx

Yawn. The issue you jumped on was my goal difference comment. Don't try to divert onto another topic. If you are suggesting we can score an average of 2 more goals than Liverpool per game then we could claw back the 30 deficit. Not even the super optimist would consider such. It's just not going to happen. Do the math. As for the other teams, Man U and Everton; we need to stay ahead of them by winning as many games as we can. The reality of our situation now is we need Liverpool to slip up quite badly.... More on that later. Now trot off and go buy a calculator.... 30 divided by 16 is?

The issue i jumped on was both your goal difference irrelevant comment, and your, no shame in being thrashed comment, and that is what i have been discussing. What topic are you suggesting i am trying to divert on to? I really haven't got a clue. You seem to be completely out there on another planet, unable to grasp the most basic of concepts such as teams not being in the position they are now, come the end of the season. Continually banging on about Liverpool and how you'll never pull back the goal difference gap to them, as if they are the only other team in the league you are battling against. Trot off and go buy some anti-flatulence tablets for all your brain farting.

Yawn. The issue you jumped on was my goal difference comment. Don't try to divert onto another topic. If you are suggesting we can score an average of 2 more goals than Liverpool per game then we could claw back the 30 deficit. Not even the super optimist would consider such. It's just not going to happen. Do the math. As for the other teams, Man U and Everton; we need to stay ahead of them by winning as many games as we can. The reality of our situation now is we need Liverpool to slip up quite badly.... More on that later. Now trot off and go buy a calculator.... 30 divided by 16 is?

The issue i jumped on was both your goal difference irrelevant comment, and your, no shame in being thrashed comment, and that is what i have been discussing. What topic are you suggesting i am trying to divert on to? I really haven't got a clue. You seem to be completely out there on another planet, unable to grasp the most basic of concepts such as teams not being in the position they are now, come the end of the season. Continually banging on about Liverpool and how you'll never pull back the goal difference gap to them, as if they are the only other team in the league you are battling against. Trot off and go buy some anti-flatulence tablets for all your brain farting.

Firstly leave the personal attacks for your own thread..... I am not going to get into a personal spat with you or anyone else for that matter, so let's keep it civil eh?

Second this is exactly what I said in support of Carms comment to you:

+1. We are taking it on the chin here and attempting to be humble. There is NO shame at being beaten by a much better team. We could have parked the bus at 0-1 and still lost three points. GDiff is irrelevant.

Thirdly. There is little more to add. I believe Liverpool are the team we need to leapfrog. You disagree because presumably you see your team in the top 4. Good luck with that. Up to you. I stand by my comment (+1). Your response to that has been vitriolic at best, flaming at worst, and is certainly not in the spirit of friendly banter between fans.

Please post your acrimonious rancorous comments on your own thread.

So in summary Rose should not have been sent off. He is rewarded for a superb piece of defending with a ban. Dzejo should be banned for simulation!

City though are absolute class, excellent win.

Last night I was of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty, as Rose got the ball. However, after seeing replays, I'm not so sure now as he came in from the rear-side and took Dzecko out. If you do that in the box, you always risk a pen being given. We should have had a penalty earlier on when Dawson (I think it was) handballed not once but juggled it in the area.

I think it may have been Bentaleb who did the circus juggling act, and I do agree you missed out on a pen there. I think the ref had the best view of the Rose incident. I always thought the challenge was more of a 45degree angle than from directly behind. Rose took the ball and even after another replay I cannot see any contact with Dzecko. I don't blame Dzecko, any other striker would have done the same. Good on the FA for rescinding the red card and let's hope the linesman is down in Div One this weekend. I don't believe we would have beaten you in any event; City simply too good and today's match v Chelsea may well determine the final places in the top 3. Humble pie consumed in large quantities for my comments earlier in the season!

Firstly leave the personal attacks for your own thread..... I am not going to get into a personal spat with you or anyone else for that matter, so let's keep it civil eh?

Second this is exactly what I said in support of Carms comment to you:

+1. We are taking it on the chin here and attempting to be humble. There is NO shame at being beaten by a much better team. We could have parked the bus at 0-1 and still lost three points. GDiff is irrelevant.

Thirdly. There is little more to add. I believe Liverpool are the team we need to leapfrog. You disagree because presumably you see your team in the top 4. Good luck with that. Up to you. I stand by my comment (+1). Your response to that has been vitriolic at best, flaming at worst, and is certainly not in the spirit of friendly banter between fans.

Please post your acrimonious rancorous comments on your own thread.

You started with the personal attacks by describing my post as being "unintelligible drivel". If you didn't understand the point i was making, all you had to say was "i don't understand the point you are making". What is so difficult about that?

I disagree with your point about Liverpool being the only team whose goal difference you need to be concerned about (or not concerned about as the case may be, if you feel it is insurmountable) because we are only just past the half way mark in the season, and i believe there will be a lot of position changing between now and the end of the season. There are plenty of teams whose goal difference is similar to yours, and if come the end of the season, you are fighting against one of those teams for a position, be that position, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh or whatever, well then your goal difference may well become a factor in where you finish. Hence why i disagreed with your statement that goal difference was irrelevant.

So in summary Rose should not have been sent off. He is rewarded for a superb piece of defending with a ban. Dzejo should be banned for simulation!

City though are absolute class, excellent win.

Last night I was of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty, as Rose got the ball. However, after seeing replays, I'm not so sure now as he came in from the rear-side and took Dzecko out. If you do that in the box, you always risk a pen being given. We should have had a penalty earlier on when Dawson (I think it was) handballed not once but juggled it in the area.

I think it may have been Bentaleb who did the circus juggling act, and I do agree you missed out on a pen there. I think the ref had the best view of the Rose incident. I always thought the challenge was more of a 45degree angle than from directly behind. Rose took the ball and even after another replay I cannot see any contact with Dzecko. I don't blame Dzecko, any other striker would have done the same. Good on the FA for rescinding the red card and let's hope the linesman is down in Div One this weekend. I don't believe we would have beaten you in any event; City simply too good and today's match v Chelsea may well determine the final places in the top 3. Humble pie consumed in large quantities for my comments earlier in the season!

Perhaps i can cheer you up Ian by telling you that Mark Lawrenson on his BBC Predictions column has Hull down for a win today so you can sit back and relax as were obviously going to stuff them.biggrin.png

Don't let the Man Utd lot get you down. Sympathise if anything.......they are clearly finding life after RedNose a bitter pill and the Moyes style football is pretty dreadful too. Atleast a couple of them have remained on here to fight their corner as opposed to the rest that stopped posting as soon as they stopped winning wink.png

back to todays fixture. Possibly TS will play two strikers tonight? Huddlestone might be their key player but i'd have thought we should know enough about his game to keep him quiet. definitely going for another away win here

Perhaps i can cheer you up Ian by telling you that Mark Lawrenson on his BBC Predictions column has Hull down for a win today so you can sit back and relax as were obviously going to stuff them.biggrin.png

Don't let the Man Utd lot get you down. Sympathise if anything.......they are clearly finding life after RedNose a bitter pill and the Moyes style football is pretty dreadful too. Atleast a couple of them have remained on here to fight their corner as opposed to the rest that stopped posting as soon as they stopped winning wink.png

back to todays fixture. Possibly TS will play two strikers tonight? Huddlestone might be their key player but i'd have thought we should know enough about his game to keep him quiet. definitely going for another away win here

I didn't realise he was a Man U fan! Anyway I am happy to agree to disagree after his last post.... Bless.

I think 4-4-2 as well. I am hoping and praying that the couple of games rest for Soldado will pay dividends and he comes back guns blazing, teaming up with Adebayor. TS has not fully declared his thoughts on Harry Kane yet. It will be interesting to see if he is on the bench. Paulinho is reportedly back so that is a real boost with Dembele presumably out. As for the rest we can only guess. This has to be an away win if we are to stay ahead of Everton, and praying that Liverpool slip up; WBA played some nice football the other night!

I didn't realise he was a Man U fan! Anyway I am happy to agree to disagree after his last post.... Bless.

I think 4-4-2 as well. I am hoping and praying that the couple of games rest for Soldado will pay dividends and he comes back guns blazing, teaming up with Adebayor. TS has not fully declared his thoughts on Harry Kane yet. It will be interesting to see if he is on the bench. Paulinho is reportedly back so that is a real boost with Dembele presumably out. As for the rest we can only guess. This has to be an away win if we are to stay ahead of Everton, and praying that Liverpool slip up; WBA played some nice football the other night!

Guns blazing? A slightly optimistic statement ian, when he hasn't even shown so much as a derringer so far.

Will we see Lamela the forgotten man of WHL this season, I understand that Sherwood said "He's still feeling fatigued in one of his thighs".......poor love.

• Like 1

Guns blazing? A slightly optimistic statement ian, when he hasn't even shown so much as a derringer so far.

Will we see Lamela the forgotten man of WHL this season, I understand that Sherwood said "He's still feeling fatigued in one of his thighs".......poor love.

Lol, right on cue ups. Fact of the matter is Soldado, Adebayor and Kane is all we have. Window is closed. Spurs fans need to rally around and 100% support what we have .... Just as simple as that. Really want Paulinho to have a good attacking game today and provide some service.

Lamela's injured. You tend not to play players when they are injured. When he has recovered from his injury he will go back into full training and when he is match fit he will no doubt feature in a match.

If you believe that good players don't just become bad players then Ian has every right to be optimistic. Ian is probably also well aware that for a large portion of this season the service given to Soldado was something between dreadful to non existent.

God i'm bored with this. Will you please change the record. The criticism you level at these two Spurs players is sound more and more bizarre. It sounds almost personal!! Is there no other player at another club that you could turn your obsessive attention to?

You disagree that we are only just past the half way point in the season, and that it isn't only Liverpool's goal difference tally you need to be worrying about and potentially competing against. OK. Whatever.

Have to laugh at the rubbish the papers are printing, "this player's not happy" "so and so want's to move" "this players coming" "signing a forward" the most i can see happening is one going and perhaps one coming and i doubt even that !!!!!

Well knock me down with a feather,it seems all them quotes from newspapers posted on here about every Tom,Dick and Harry coming to Spurs were a total load of <deleted>,shock horror cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Have to laugh at the rubbish the papers are printing, "this player's not happy" "so and so want's to move" "this players coming" "signing a forward" the most i can see happening is one going and perhaps one coming and i doubt even that !!!!!

Well knock me down with a feather,it seems all them quotes from newspapers posted on here about every Tom,Dick and Harry coming to Spurs were a total load of <deleted>,shock horror cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Shock, horror indeed! rolleyes.gif

As you were boys....Draxler out for 3 months (info via Daily Fail tho')

Not as we were as Holtby will be going !

Not according to his chick Alfie...they have just moved into a new pad next to Tower Bridge. Very nice it (and she) is as well.wink.png

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/29/lewis-holtby-wants-to-leave-tottenham-confirms-agent-4282333/

Hope the chick keeps the flat though as I am in London next weekwhistling.gif Better not move to bloody Fulham though, that may complicate thingsbah.gif

Would you Adam and Eve it, a bindipper comes on here having a pop about Holtby not moving all before the transfer window ends, have to learn wils B comes before M, engage brain before mouth, just a little tip for ya for the future cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You disagree that we are only just past the half way point in the season, and that it isn't only Liverpool's goal difference tally you need to be worrying about and potentially competing against. OK. Whatever.

Lol I guess you are still smarting after our little excursion on New Years Day.... Now I get it!

I am not worried about Liverpool's goal difference ... Duhhhh as I said it is irrelevant to us, we need to be a point ahead of them ... End of.

I am not worried about Everton as I think they are already starting to fade.

We already beat You. That is as good as a six pointer for us. Not worried in the slightest about you guys, you couldn't contain Chelsea and once you come up against Liverpool, City, Arsenal in the coming weeks you will have nothing further to say. You got Mata because you are perceived as mid table finishers. But good luck to you.

• Like 1

Lol I guess you are still smarting after our little excursion on New Years Day.... Now I get it!

I am not worried about Liverpool's goal difference ... Duhhhh as I said it is irrelevant to us, we need to be a point ahead of them ... End of.

We already beat You. That is as good as a six pointer for us. Not worried in the slightest about you guys, you couldn't contain Chelsea and once you come up against Liverpool, City, Arsenal in the coming weeks you will have nothing further to say. You got Mata because you are perceived as mid table finishers. But good luck to you.

A swift kick in the nads from Ian. Nice! :-)

Indeed. If ever there was a glaring sign of United's decline it was the fact that Chelsea had no qualms whatsoever selling Mata to them because United are no longer perceived as a direct competitor.

• Like 1