Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yeh the De Boer news is welcome from my perspective. Were not offering CL, we offer that crap Europa tournament and we have a trigger happy chairman who doesn't seem to listen to anyone or acknowledge his own flaws. Our defense needs a total overhaul and we still have striker issues. We never properly replaced Modric because he buggered up the Moutinho transfer, a transfer we desperately to happen, top of AVB's "needs" list as opposed to "wish" list. Any new manager would be taking on a side that has simply regressed over the last twelve months and is in danger of being sacked by Levy's insatiable desire for immediate success.

Our new manager needs to hold onto Lloris, i would have said Vertonghen too but he clearly doesn't want to play for us. Eriksen would be very happy with De Boer too which is equally important. I presuming the new manager will bring in his coaching staff too because i'm sick of seeing Ferdinand and Ramsey on the touchline looking like a pair of gormless muppets.

Unfortunately an awful lot of Spurs fans need to wise up, smell the coffee and realize the with our chairman, the Europa league and a defense thats in tatters were far from an attractive prospect, but with the right choice and given some time not an insurmountable task because the nucleus of a top side is there.

I think de Boer would be a great chpoice ( though the name is asking for trouble). I am not sure about the nucleus of a top side is correct though. Funnily enough last season I thought with 2 or 3 good buys you would have had it from last season, but your buys have brought instability. lloris has to stay, along with Erikson and Walker. Vertonghen would be a must keep too, but i think he is a gonna. On this seasons form i know you don't have the makings of a top team, hopefully the new manager will change that around. I like your football ethos,but i haven't seen it enough this season, and think it will be difficult to deliver next year if you don't get a manager and transfers who buy into it. You have had some bad luck with buys but also some bad buys. get rid now and give the money to the new manager to buy his own players. keeping levy out of the loop would be my priority, and a new manager will need that written inti a contract. he may make the club survive but he is killing your football

• Like 1

oh and if were talkin stats,,,,accordin 2 the bbc, sherwoods currently got our best wins ratio at 58 %!!!!

He's a tit though rij so he has to go in my book.

My point smokes wasn't about him staying or going more about stats giving an almost false impression.

• Like 2

just about shaded the win 2 day against a particulary toothless yet quite physical stoke side. shawcross got a 2nd yelow for a.stupid late high challenge and stoke blamed rose and he fell for.some stupid bullying provocation and retaliated and probably should have seen red he needs to man up. not the greatest performance but a dificult place to win and sherwood got the tactics right .

As said already ready, we just shaded that. No sympathy for Shawcross, he's a thug of a footballer and despite what Mark Hughes might think it was two yellows and two yellows means you go.

The game also highlighted to everyone, hopefully to Mr Levy too that we must keep Hugo Lloris. He's the best keeper in the league. Thats a job also for the new manager. Without him this season i reckon we'd be at least six points light, maybe more. As said, Vertonghen can go for the right price.

Kaboul had a great game as did Dawson but this was very much the type of game Dawson excels in.

Danny Rose has ability but i'm not convinced by him and his temperament is a liability.

Nice to see Harry Kane continuing to improve but i really didn't like the midfield and would have gone 4231 but thats my opinion and in fairness to TS we won so no complaints. Just think that set up made us cede more possession than we should have.

Phil Thompson reckons Rafa Benitez would jump at the chance to manage Spurs if asked! Interesting but i can't see why he would leave Napoli under the circumstances. Mind you, i can't see why any manager would really want to work under Daniel Levy either.

Phil Thompson reckons Rafa Benitez would jump at the chance to manage Spurs if asked! Interesting but i can't see why he would leave Napoli under the circumstances. Mind you, i can't see why any manager would really want to work under Daniel Levy either.

After what Rafa had to deal with in the past Carms, Levy is a pussycatthumbsup.gif

nah carms playing gainst 10 men u spread the game out and stretch them make them miss extra player unfortunatly our players couldnt/didnt really respond well enugh and or stoke didnt let us. As 4 benitez,i'de go with him over the current mentioned. given the right support, unlike what ari was given 'Personally i will NEVER FORGIVE LEVY 4 giving us saha and neilson when a couple of decent signings and who knows we actually might had a chanse for the title anyway rant over but benitez gets my vote.

• Like 1

Moyes the next Spuds manager :-)

commiserations about the gulls, least they went out on the back of a few decent displays. as 4 moyes,,, Ireally hope.not 4 me benitez tried and tested did a good job at the chavs and currently doing well in italy with GOOD champs lge exp, de boar would be a gamble but anythings better than Moyes boring % football.

Looks like agent Sherwood is gonna send us off to Belarus on Thursday nights....damn typical....

Again: There is a CL place for the winner. Not a worthwhile target? Or just afraid of the competition?

As long as there is a parachute for third placed cl teams the deck is loaded against teams in from the start simply on the grounds of the number of games you have to play and the Thursday Sunday factor.

If its a straight tournament for the clubs in from the start then by all means its worth a crack.

oh and if were talkin stats,,,,accordin 2 the bbc, sherwoods currently got our best wins ratio at 58 %!!!!

He's a tit though rij so he has to go in my book. for vb

This aint just directed at you smokes but this sherwood knockin is just becoming irratating, ,vb was a geeky tit, no spurs fan got on his case for it , and got away with it, REMEMBER? if attacked they stood by him, sherwoods one of us and we cane him,,,, <deleted> !!!!!!! they judged VB by results, sherwood by results is doing better than vb, sure we've been spanked by a few of the top 4 but so have the top 4 been spanked by other top 4 teams that have been on form, arsenal, man city, have been on the end of mullerings. And sure he's tried things some have worked well, and some not like his tactics stopping chelsea until verity and our defense TOTALLY <deleted> it up, and he tried something against Liverpool, ie using someone as a tracker, BIG DEAL, vb left us without a tracker in our squad, sherwood can only work with what he inherited. he inherited a 60 mil plus misfiring front line and a generally unbalanced, ill thought out squad.that was under vb was proving to be poorly equipped for life at the top of the prem. The way things were going under vb we were heading for mid table , sherwood has kept us within sniffing distance of the top 4 BE FAIR MINDED JUDGE HIM ON RESULTS, NOT BY THE AESTHETICS OF HIS BAC UP TEAM OR BY HIS PISS POOR INTERVIEW techniques

• Like 1

I hear you rij....but its all part of the deal nowadays...you don't have Rodgers making these fkups.

what f/s smokes?, without wanting to offend the Liverpool boys in not the greatest of moments for them,wai2.gif he didnt exactly set the world alight in his

first half of a season, not most convincing of arguments smokes. Tbh, i cant believe spurs being a multi million £ corp didnt sort sherwood with heavy

duty media training package with a strict do's and dont's ect ect annoyed.gif .

Did or didn't....he isn't cut out for the job....20 years ago that kind of training hardly existed....and the best managers never needed it.

Same is true now.

you really aint putting up a v convincing argument, u r saying, just clarify 4 me sack him cos of his interviewing skills and hes struggled a touch during his first half of the season, so he's not cut out for the job? hardly unexpected or unreasonable IMO given the circumstances ..,,,,,,,, and your sacking that's based on what?,cold hard facts please,a mid table finish or what? w00t.gifs , and lets face it, 20 years ago, half the world still had black and white tv's.biggrin.png

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Did or didn't....he isn't cut out for the job....20 years ago that kind of training hardly existed....and the best managers never needed it.

Same is true now.

you really aint putting up a v convincing argument, u r saying, just clarify 4 me sack him cos of his interviewing skills and hes struggled a touch during his first half of the season, so he's not cut out for the job? hardly unexpected or unreasonable IMO given the circumstances ..,,,,,,,, and your sacking that's based on what?,cold hard facts please,a mid table finish or what? w00t.gifs , and lets face it, 20 years ago, half the world still had black and white tv's.biggrin.png

I just think he is a <deleted> rij....can't see me ever having faith in him....that and his bizarre tactics....although they have been better admittedly the last three or four games.

Anyway....I think he is gonna be off.....question is who is coming in?

Yeah i agree, he's gone, but it just don't make any sense, much of the criticism is pretty subjective and tbh kneejerk, and cos on tv he don't meet footie fans rather bizarre subliminal man love criteria football fans almost always insist on we're gonna sac him!!!! bizarre tactics? short for he didn't announce to the public what he was trying to do so misunderstood, so self defensively derogatorily labeled 'bizarre' and the short window where a lot of the criticism seems to have stemmed from,was when he was bunged in with a squad, the majority of whom he'd never worked with, and when we we were just awful/painful to watch,in fact the least entertaining i've seen since the mid 70's when we were relegated, as far as i can see he's turned us around, we're not far away again from, being a decent team and getting towards being easy on the eye and we're gonna sack him,,,,,, reallyclap2.gif Seems we've gone through the pain, and now bizarrely were just gonna miss out on the gain,,, beatdeadhorse.gif

Edited by rijit

This aint just directed at you smokes but this sherwood knockin is just becoming irratating, ,vb was a geeky tit, no spurs fan got on his case for it , and got away with it, REMEMBER? if attacked they stood by him, sherwoods one of us and we cane him,,,, <deleted> !!!!!!! they judged VB by results, sherwood by results is doing better than vb, sure we've been spanked by a few of the top 4 but so have the top 4 been spanked by other top 4 teams that have been on form, arsenal, man city, have been on the end of mullerings. And sure he's tried things some have worked well, and some not like his tactics stopping chelsea until verity and our defense TOTALLY <deleted> it up, and he tried something against Liverpool, ie using someone as a tracker, BIG DEAL, vb left us without a tracker in our squad, sherwood can only work with what he inherited. he inherited a 60 mil plus misfiring front line and a generally unbalanced, ill thought out squad.that was under vb was proving to be poorly equipped for life at the top of the prem. The way things were going under vb we were heading for mid table , sherwood has kept us within sniffing distance of the top 4 BE FAIR MINDED JUDGE HIM ON RESULTS, NOT BY THE AESTHETICS OF HIS BAC UP TEAM OR BY HIS PISS POOR INTERVIEW techniques

What is a tracker rij ? To be fair a lot of his team selections look like they are just experimental as though he is trying out for things for next season,if that is the case then the club should come out and say otherwise Tim is just going to get slated as is happening !

What is a tracker rij ? To be fair a lot of his team selections look like they are just experimental as though he is trying out for things for next season,if that is the case then the club should come out and say otherwise Tim is just going to get slated as is happening !

His selection and tactics against Arsenal and Liverpool were laughable and he made himself look a naive idiot. He's done well in general though since taking over but he's way too cocky for a young inexperienced manager. I just wish he'd tone it down a bit. I think he may well turn out, given time, to be a very good manager but at this stage of his career i just don't think he's ready to fulfill the aspirations of Mr Levy

• Like 1

sori alfie thats just my term for them but parker sort of did it, Benteleb was brought in to do it, and i believe he used/ gave siggy' an opp there there once, imo ,just to see if he could. primarily you've got to have a really good engine and graft double hard and do the nasty bits un glam bits, allen at liverpool prob a good. example.

I actually agree with you for once. However, referring to City in your post..... Who have we been 'mullered' by, this season?