Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We have a plethora of defensive midfielder who can bomb forward to help the attack but we need someone with more finesse who can make the defence splitting pass....I know I keep going on about it but none of those four has that ability.

We'll see what happens before the end of the month but when teams sit back and hit us on the break we will struggle again is my fear.

A prize for smokie for sneaking the word "plethora" into a football forum.

And next week, see smokie try and smuggle the word "heterogeneous" into the Chelsea thread without pishflaps noticing.

biggrin.png

He'd notice "homogeneous" right off I'd wager. biggrin.png

We have a plethora of defensive midfielder who can bomb forward to help the attack but we need someone with more finesse who can make the defence splitting pass....I know I keep going on about it but none of those four has that ability.

We'll see what happens before the end of the month but when teams sit back and hit us on the break we will struggle again is my fear.

And next week, see smokie try and smuggle the word "heterogeneous" into the Chelsea thread without pishflaps noticing.

biggrin.png

Yes, and then use "schadenfreude" again for about the 1,000th time despite not really knowing what it means.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Are you allowed to shorten that to homo, or would that be judged to be politically incorrect?

So my idea of the starting line up

Friedel,

Naughton, Vetonghen, Dier, Davies,

Bentaleb, Paulinho,

Lamela, Townsend, Holtby

Kane,

C O Y S

Holtby does play the no10 role so you'd probably better switch Townsend to his natural left side.

Starting to think its about time Brad hung up his boots you know. I'm afraid he'll fall asleep during a night game!!!!

hoping we dont under estimate this team v recently beat zenith sp.at home in the champs league qualfiers and reckoned 2 b unlucky in the second leg. only losing and going out cos they went down to 10 men.

biggrin.png

Pardon ? Better be careful we don't use the word homogeneous mind, otherwise we could go the same way as Malky and Moody.

How come AVB dropped Adeboy, Sherwood brought him back and Soldado is ...well where the fkc is Soldado?

On me head Cesc.

Greavsie.

• 01 Lloris
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 16 Naughton
  • 15 Dier
  • 33 Davies
  • 14 Holtby
  • 17 Townsend
  • 08 Paulinho
  • 42 Bentaleb
  • 18 Kane
  • 09 Soldado
Substitutes
  • 19 Dembélé
  • 30 Sandro
  • 22 Chadli
  • 11 Lamela
  • 24 Friedel
  • 20 Dawson
  • 03 Rose

unlucky alfiebiggrin.png

Not really too bothered rij....let's concentrate on the domestic game this season.

champs lge , friendly, prem, what ever tbh i don't give a flying , i just don't like seeing spurs lose.

Anyway's with the size of our squad, we sort of need this comp to give everyone a run out.

and what on earth has happened to Vorm?, i know post injury he fell from grace at Swansea but he aint even made the bench with us.

might be something to do with this,http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/12/swansea-utrecht-reported-fifa-michel-vorm-tottenham

but i'm sure it would have been somewhere about it effecting him playing .

Yeah reminded me a bit of chivers but I've been saying for best part of a season I reckon Kane's gonna develop into a top draw c/f.

Won't be staying at Spurs for long then.

yeah, give him a couple of seasons and when benzeboys leaving madrid we may let them pay for a chunk of our new stadium, hapi days,remember its good to have a club /manager that gives the yoof system a chance, not just spout shit bout how much we've invested in it, no good if u don't use them. ,,,huh?

Totally gutted not on ITV4.... I am a plonker for not checking. Anyway been scouring the net for a decent replay and this clip appears to offer the best of the highlights. Duration 3 mins 5 sec.

http://www.thickaccent.com/2014/08/21/roberto-soldado-harry-kane-goals-ael-limassol-1-2-tottenham-hotspur-video/?

Lamela in assist was inch perfect and both goals were executed brilliantly. Really good to see that after being under the kosh for muc of the game.

The manner in which our defence was sliced open (probably on many occasions) is very very worrying. Got to get a grip of that real quick.

Let's see if ITV4 will cover next week.

COYS

Yeah reminded me a bit of chivers but I've been saying for best part of a season I reckon Kane's gonna develop into a top draw c/f.

I'm with you on this. He didn't get enough of a chance last season. If Sherwood had binned Soldadud from the outset we might have got more goals.....

Kane gets stronger, is growing in confidence in every game. He's going to be a handful in the fullness of time.

Totally gutted not on ITV4.... I am a plonker for not checking. Anyway been scouring the net for a decent replay and this clip appears to offer the best of the highlights. Duration 3 mins 5 sec.

http://www.thickaccent.com/2014/08/21/roberto-soldado-harry-kane-goals-ael-limassol-1-2-tottenham-hotspur-video/?

Lamela in assist was inch perfect and both goals were executed brilliantly. Really good to see that after being under the kosh for muc of the game.

The manner in which our defence was sliced open (probably on many occasions) is very very worrying. Got to get a grip of that real quick.

Let's see if ITV4 will cover next week.

COYS

It's on next week !

• Like 1

Has True Visions stopped doing the UEFA cup? I looked for your game this morning and no sight or smell of the competition. Maybe waiting for the group stages.

Wanted to catch that collectors item - a Slowdado goal tongue.png

• Like 1

Federico Fazio. Argentinian Central Defender apparently in for a medical today. The 27 year old Club Captain has with Seville for seven years. Has to be a better option than Kaboul or Dawson. He was in the u20 Argentinian squad that won the WC in 2007.

Edited by iancnx