Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interesting game tomorrow. IMHO, it just maybe time to give Harry Kane a start. It might just wake up Adebayor to the fact he's not an automatic starter.

Seems a no brainer now that he'll go with Chadli and Lamela wide but Eriksen is looking the weak link in the attacking three. Personally i'd like to see Pochettino give Dembele a go in the middle. Do you bench Eriksen or drop him back alongside Capoue? I'm not sure but i'm starting to think that Dembele is more suited to this higher tempo pressing style we are adopting.

Pishflaps, you are on ignore with all the Spurs posters as far as i'm aware so why bother posting? No ones reading you pal. Go play on the chafe thread. Being a small team its a quiet lonely thread. Or go on the Liverpool thread and keep pretending you have a big rivalry with them even though they hardly give you any recognition.

And i have no doubt this last post was a load of trolling Pish aswell. wink.png

Long way to go for Cameron Carter-Vickers but according to reports this boy could be one for the future, just been called into the USA U23's squad at the age of 16 !

From a recent U18s game :

Cameron Carter-Vickers 8 – every time I watch this colossus of a player, I’m more and more excited. Not only does he swat strikers off the ball with ease, but he constantly pushes up into midfield to get involved. So impressive.

good some times immpresseve, performance against a well drilled and good footballing team.tbh thought southampton were a shade unlucky to walk with nish. adeboy put a decent shift in as did all . shame 4 naughton cgettin injured , seemed 2 b finally steppin up. as does our fitness liked the balance given with mason in mid. the team develops.

I had the United, Arsenal, City results spot on and you couldn't score one more simple goal.

Meh.

biggrin.png

Chadli was one on one with the keeper, slotted it past him, only to come straight back out off the post, and the oncoming Adebayor just couldn't reach it as he slide in to try and put it in to an empty

net.

Is that any consolation Chicog?

I had the United, Arsenal, City results spot on and you couldn't score one more simple goal.

Meh.

biggrin.png

Feels like we scored two after that comment. clap2.gif

Still scored on it though.

But Forest and especially Celtic...!

blink.png

Karma for your comments on their thread! biggrin.png

Oooooo how would this have gone down?

Former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira held a meeting over a potential move to Tottenham, Harry Redknapp has claimed.

Remarkably this was not one of those 'we almost signed him first' stories, but Redknapp says Vieira almost for Spurseven after his spell at Arsenal.

The current QPR manager made the claims in his new book, A Man Walks On To A Pitch, serialised by The Mail.

He writes: "I met him at his house in Hampstead and he had no fear about what people would think or what reception he would get. He had enough confidence in his ability to just brush it away.

"I remember talking to Daniel Levy, our chairman, about him. He said the crowd would be hostile. I knew that — but if he had enough bottle to want to put on our white shirt after all that had gone before, I thought it said something about the man.

"In the end, his circumstances changed and he decided to stay in Italy.

what would.have happened.? 2? games in and he would have flattened a couple of c/f's, emphatically broken afew attacks down and all would have been well. fickle football fans aint they. a touch dull as well.

Edited by rijit

Oh dear it gets worse.

“Despite all that has happened in his career since, one of the biggest regrets of my life in management is not taking Luis Suarez to Tottenham when we had the chance,” he added. “’You’ve got to take him, Harry,’ Ruud Gullit told me. ‘He’s fantastic.”’

Redknapp said that he was initially unsure about Suarez, but when he decided to sign him the asking price became a problem for Spurs.

He said: “Just when I was on the verge of taking the plunge, the price went up. In the end he was sold for £22.8million to Liverpool. We wouldn’t have paid that.”