Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Were a team of talented individuals but theres no balance to the side and most importantly we don't have any leaders in our side.

I'll remind myself its still only october but i really don't see any real improvement. The attitudes just not there. Theres no winning mindset. This team screams out the need for a Keane/Viera personality and without that we'll continue to fold under pressure. Its a team of bottle jobs.

No backbone, can carry 1 or 2 like that but not 4 or 5 !

Poch must be in despair, thinking "this ain't my team".

Who's team is it then? AVB's, Baldini's, Levy's ?

It's Potts that picks the starting 11 and the tactics, so he has to take the responsibility.

This starting 11 has no width, Chadli & Lamela both cut inside all the time, so predictable

and easy to defend against.

Why doesn't Lennon get a game to give us some width?

Yesterday, we had Eriksen, Lamela & Chadli all attacking through the middle, only Rose was

giving some width, when he could get forward.

At least Lennon tracks back and helps the full back, where as Lamela is only good going forward

and a liability when needed to defend.

Newcastle came to play with 2 strikers in a 442 in an away match, Tottenham played with 1 striker

at home against a struggling Newcastle side that hadn't won an away match since last season.

Why revert to 442 after we are trailing and not start with 2 up front, we're playing at home <deleted>! Kane & Soldado brought on after we were losing.

WHY?

Tell me how many of that team did Poch buy ? 1 and he was bought as a squad player, so yes it is more Avb's team !

Lennon !!! you have a short memory, tell when was the last time he had a good game ? when was the last time he went past someone on the outside ?

You must have something wrong with your eyes and ears as Newcastle came to play with one up front and that's all Murphy went on about for most of the game ( how Perez was isolated up front on his own) so I'm not sure what game you was watching !!!

Edited by alfieconn

Don Hutchinson says you've got TOO many good players and too many No.10's in the side.

And he's paid to spout such gibberish?

My observations from the Newcastle game was that theres no leadership on the pitch and a strong hint of an unhappy squad.

We have a talented manager and a talented squad. Somethings simply not right from within.

• Like 1

Nice win for our U21's against Chelsea. Theres some really good talent coming through there.

Maybe the team management will consider getting rid of a few of the spineless wimps and bringing in some youngsters. All i want is a Spurs team that goes out and plays their heart out for the badge, win or lose. Give Kane a start, he's earnt it. I really don't think the likes of Vertonghen in particular gives a damn and his attitude looks really poor. He strikes me as a rotten apple in the squad.

Nice win for our U21's against Chelsea. Theres some really good talent coming through there.

Maybe the team management will consider getting rid of a few of the spineless wimps and bringing in some youngsters. All i want is a Spurs team that goes out and plays their heart out for the badge, win or lose. Give Kane a start, he's earnt it. I really don't think the likes of Vertonghen in particular gives a damn and his attitude looks really poor. He strikes me as a rotten apple in the squad.

Sorry chaps, but I'm going to keep going on about this boy, this is from yesterdays under21's game.

but the commanding presence of Cameron Carter-Vickers

he is only 16 f f s !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

It's Potts that picks the starting 11 and the tactics, so he has to take the responsibility.

This starting 11 has no width, Chadli & Lamela both cut inside all the time, so predictable

Yesterday, we had Eriksen, Lamela & Chadli all attacking through the middle, only Rose was

At least Lennon tracks back and helps the full back, where as Lamela is only good going forward

Newcastle came to play with 2 strikers in a 442 in an away match, Tottenham played with 1 striker

at home against a struggling Newcastle side that hadn't won an away match since last season.

Why revert to 442 after we are trailing and not start with 2 up front, we're playing at home <deleted>! Kane & Soldado brought on after we were losing.

WHY?

Tell me how many of that team did Poch buy ? 1 and he was bought as a squad player, so yes it is more Avb's team !

Lennon !!! you have a short memory, tell when was the last time he had a good game ? when was the last time he went past someone on the outside ?

You must have something wrong with your eyes and ears as Newcastle came to play with one up front and that's all Murphy went on about for most of the game ( how Perez was isolated up front on his own) so I'm not sure what game you was watching !!!

Poch has bought in Dier, Fazio and Davies, so that's 3.

As for Lennon, he is our only real wide player in the squad with blistering pace,

i think we need more width to get a better balance in the team.

Who offers more in attacking and defending, Lamela or Lennon?

I was referring to the second half regarding Newcastle's formation when they went with

2 upfront, which worked for them, i think Kane should of played from the start, after his hatrick midweek alongside Adebayor in a 442 against the likes of Newcastle at home.

Newcastle came to WHL supposedly with a Manager and the Club in crisis.90 mins on the pitch and everything goes full circle its now the Spurs manager and a frankly uncommitted team on trial.

IMO the situation lays with Levy and Baldini or whoever buys,ridiculous turnover of players with the ones going out to other clubs as good as those coming in ,the results prove that.

Lennon I cant remember the last time he changed a game.looks like a player that needs to move on and finally Harry Kane,fantastic potential but what kills a young players confidence is being left

on the bench at home when he deserves,and knows, he should get an opportunity.

Newcastle wanted it more .never was anything so obvious.

• Like 1

such fine lines at the 'Elite'thumbsup.gif level of the football world a small drop in energy levels, a moments lack of concentration, and a games changed often won or lost by such, the worlds perception of the team and a managers altered., world beaters and the fans are acclaiming them 3 games later and 3 loss's later and they're not fit to wear the shirt, no commitment, ect ect. boring boring boring,,, football ,,,,,fans wai2.gif

such fine lines at the 'Elite'thumbsup.gif level of the football world a small drop in energy levels, a moments lack of concentration, and a games changed often won or lost by such, the worlds perception of the team and a managers altered., world beaters and the fans are acclaiming them 3 games later and 3 loss's later and they're not fit to wear the shirt, no commitment, ect ect. boring boring boring,,, football ,,,,,fans wai2.gif

There ain't a fine line at our club right now rij....just some above average players a few average...a cracking keeper and Adebayor and Soldado.

Get rid of the last two first please....as for Lennon...never been consistently good enough....he can go as well.

I'd also rather see the kids dropped in than watch this rubbish every week....desire?....check out Adebayor's amble off the field on 80 mins.....he needs not a kick up the azz but a one way ticket from Heathrow.

What have you done to upset the Daily Star?! From former Tottenham star to "Southampton Ace"!

biggrin.png

The Red Devils have been repeatedly linked with a move for the Welshman in recent weeks, and several reports have suggested they are preparing to make a bid for the former Tottenham star.

According to reports, Louis van Gaal is a big admirer of Bale, and is willing to offer the 25-year-old a staggering £300,000-a-week to lure him to Old Trafford.

Sources in Spain have claimed that Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti is unwilling to sell the former Southampton ace, and has insisted that he is a vital part of the team.

Edited by Chicog

What have you done to upset the Daily Star?! From former Tottenham star to "Southampton Ace"!

biggrin.png

The Red Devils have been repeatedly linked with a move for the Welshman in recent weeks, and several reports have suggested they are preparing to make a bid for the former Tottenham star.

According to reports, Louis van Gaal is a big admirer of Bale, and is willing to offer the 25-year-old a staggering £300,000-a-week to lure him to Old Trafford.

Sources in Spain have claimed that Los Blancos boss Carlo Ancelotti is unwilling to sell the former Southampton ace, and has insisted that he is a vital part of the team.

Feel free to remove this post and send the poster on his holidays for off topic nonsense....Daily frigging Star....besides....Gareth's pink shorts bill is more than 300k a week! B)

biggrin.png

Feel free to remove this post and send the poster on his holidays for off topic nonsense....Daily frigging Star....besides....Gareth's pink shorts bill is more than 300k a week! cool.png

I'm sure LvG has a transfer budget but I don't think it stretches that far.

tongue.png

There ain't a fine line at our club right now rij....just some above average players a few average...a cracking keeper and Adebayor and Soldado.

Get rid of the last two first please....as for Lennon...never been consistently good enough....he can go as well.

I'd also rather see the kids dropped in than watch this rubbish every week....desire?....check out Adebayor's amble off the field on 80 mins.....he needs not a kick up the azz but a one way ticket from Heathrow.

told ya we should never got rid of ari !!!!

Think you meant to say Bale. :rolleyes:

If 'Arry hadn't behaved like such a complete and utter &lt;deleted&gt; towards our club he'd still be manager.

• Like 1

judge how and assume what you want, cos that's all it is YOUR OPINION based on nothing more than hearsay or bullshit speculation. The FACT

is he delivered and that quite frankly is was and always will be what i'm ultimately,, with tottenham, interested in..

Good to see naughton get back tonight, lets hope he can get bac to where he was just b4 he got injured, he's had a difficult and relatively long ride getting to the level expected , but getting there imo he was and dier could do wit a bit of a rest @ r/b and a run maybe at c/b? .

judge how and assume what you want, cos that's all it is YOUR OPINION based on nothing more than hearsay or bullshit speculation. The FACT

is he delivered and that quite frankly is was and always will be what i'm ultimately,, with tottenham, interested in..

Yes it is MY OPINION but it is also the opening of the vast majority of Spurs fans in a poll conducted by the independent Spurs supporters club in the aftermath of his dismissal.

Which kinda makes YOUR OPINION in the minority. We'll agree to disagree on that subject. We have far to much to concern ourselves about to state of the current side.

What really concerns me is the crowd already getting on our managers back. Expectation levels are way too high as usual and we need to sit back and give him three years to rebuild us. Going through something like seventeen managers in the past thirty years is a nonsense.

His first job is to somehow get rid of this losers attitude that frankly leaves us permanently vulnerable and now the whole league seems to know it.

Its going to be a very tough season i reckon

Were a team of talented individuals but theres no balance to the side and most importantly we don't have any leaders in our side.

I'll remind myself its still only october but i really don't see any real improvement. The attitudes just not there. Theres no winning mindset. This team screams out the need for a Keane/Viera personality and without that we'll continue to fold under pressure. Its a team of bottle jobs.

WHY?

Be it right or wrong Pochs preferred system is a 4-2-3-1 and he's not going deviate from this !

The idea is that the 3 Am's are a cross between a winger and a center forward, in being mobile and able to score goals through supporting the center forward ( therefore not on the wings) thus the reason for cutting inside.

But don't despair ( I know you like a bit of width ) the full backs are the ones who should be providing the width although that has been hampered by injuries to walker and Naughton and Dier being a center half.

Regarding Lennon, he is not suited to Pochs system and his stats over the last couple of seasons are absolutely abysmal, something like 27 appearences last season with 1 goal, this season, 4 starts,6 sub appearences, no goals and no assists, probably will be gone in either Jan or next summer.

Lastly if your going to have a knee jerk reaction after 3 months then thats probably a bit short sighted, at least give him a bit of time taking into account he will want to get some players in who are suited to his style, so shall we say about 18 months !!!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

^"The idea is that the 3 Am's are a cross between a winger and a center forward"

Same position that errrr Lallana plays then eh Alfiecheesy.gif

Can't see what's funny but everyone to their own I suppose, but anyway it's the

same position he played in for Soton, not sure about now !

Edited by alfieconn

Why revert to 442 after we are trailing and not start with 2 up front, we're playing at home ! Kane & Soldado brought on after we were losing.

WHY?

Be it right or wrong Pochs preferred system is a 4-2-3-1 and he's not going deviate from this !

The idea is that the 3 Am's are a cross between a winger and a center forward, in being mobile and able to score goals through supporting the center forward ( therefore not on the wings) thus the reason for cutting inside.

But don't despair ( I know you like a bit of width ) the full backs are the ones who should be providing the width although that has been hampered by injuries to walker and Naughton and Dier being a center half.

Regarding Lennon, he is not suited to Pochs system and his stats over the last couple of seasons are absolutely abysmal, something like 27 appearences last season with 1 goal, this season, 4 starts,6 sub appearences, no goals and no assists, probably will be gone in either Jan or next summer.

Lastly if your going to have a knee jerk reaction after 3 months then thats probably a bit short sighted, at least give him a bit of time taking into account he will want to get some players in who are suited to his style, so shall we say about 18 months !!!!

Some of the interlink play is very good and I'm encouraged by it....to me its not a disaster....the strikers are crap and we need leadership for sure out there but I see signs of improvement... Certainly on the shambles we had last season at times.

Hopefully we'll see a couple of players come in January to improve the squad.

Some optimism here!

Yes it is MY OPINION but it is also the opening of the vast majority of Spurs fans in a poll conducted by the independent Spurs supporters club in the aftermath of his dismissal.

Which kinda makes YOUR OPINION in the minority. We'll agree to disagree on that subject. We have far to much to concern ourselves about to state of the current side.

What really concerns me is the crowd already getting on our managers back. Expectation levels are way too high as usual and we need to sit back and give him three years to rebuild us. Going through something like seventeen managers in the past thirty years is a nonsense.

His first job is to somehow get rid of this losers attitude that frankly leaves us permanently vulnerable and now the whole league seems to know it.

Well the facts regarding our team since he left has PROVED your and the rabied 'majorities' opinion wrong hasnt it and didnt we have very similar conversation regarding verity where you quoted spurs fans voting him ect ect and i was nuts telling you other wise ??? anyway , we need to have some patience, enough quality in the squad to step up and given time imo, it will. personally i'm sick to death of prem league fans having none .

But historically a 'world stage' player ie a gazza or klinsmen helps us 'up the tempo' those ones 'settling' in and stepping up to achieve. wether we can afford to compete wages wise to attract a major player atm, thats another story if not we just have to rely on thw punts levy and co have taken and give them time.

Well the facts regarding our team since he left has PROVED your and the rabied 'majorities' opinion wrong hasnt it and didnt we have very similar conversation regarding verity where you quoted spurs fans voting him ect ect and i was nuts telling you other wise ??? anyway , we need to have some patience, enough quality in the squad to step up and given time imo, it will. personally i'm sick to death of prem league fans having none .

But historically a 'world stage' player ie a gazza or klinsmen helps us 'up the tempo' those ones 'settling' in and stepping up to achieve. wether we can afford to compete wages wise to attract a major player atm, thats another story if not we just have to rely on thw punts levy and co have taken and give them time.

All i said about Vertonghen was that he was voted by SkySorts as part of their team of the season two years ago. Thats more rabied majority disagreeing with you mate.

And tbh you've proven nothing as everybody has always acknowledged the job Redknapp did. But his actions when the England job became available were unforgivable. Something again that you have a very different opinion of than the majority.

Noe, i've acknowledged your right to your opinion as much as i disagree with you so can we now move on. All this is laboring on the past

WHY?

Alfie, understand what your saying, and every formation has it's flaws, but i was pleased to see that

last night, against a lower standard opposition, and playing at home, he started with a 442 with Kane

and Soldado up front, this is what i was trying to say earlier, that Poch needs to adapt with formations depending on the opposition we're playing against home or away.

Although it wasn't a great performance by any standards we still won comfortably without conceding

and Harry Kane scored again, that's 7 goals in 11 appearances thus far, he needs to start playing more in the EPL matches as he's our only striker that looks like scoring atm, and puts in twice the effort than Soldado or Adebayor.

No knee jerk reaction from me, i've seen too many managers come and go in the last 40yrs supporting Spurs, i just don't like seeing managers using the same formation every game when it's not working, and this season at home that has been the case.

Hopefully after last nights 442 and Kane scoring again, Poch may be looking at this and realising just that.

All i said about Vertonghen was that he was voted by SkySorts as part of their team of the season two years ago. Thats more rabied majority disagreeing with you mate.

And tbh you've proven nothing as everybody has always acknowledged the job Redknapp did. But his actions when the England job became available were unforgivable. Something again that you have a very different opinion of than the majority.

Noe, i've acknowledged your right to your opinion as much as i disagree with you so can we now move on. All this is laboring on the past

your the one.with opinions carmine i' m dealing with facts. we got rid of a manager that delivered on all fronts for no good reason other than gossip. if you KNOW and i repeat KNOW, then please enlighten me but carmine remember know not speculate and as far as i can see all you KNOW is that he is guilty of is not coming out and saying he didnt want the england job. hardly a rational sackable offence.

Rij, will stop posting like a know it all prick and do me the favor of reading my last sentence again. I'm done with this and your aggressive posting for that matter. And as far as opinions go, i'm entitled to mine just as you are to yours even though you seem fall, without fail in the corner of the confused ill informed minority.

if you don't like what i have to say then put me on ignore. frankly I've no need to do the same as i understand very little of what you post anyway and doubt i'm missing much