Tottenham Thread

chonabot

How do we change things here?

Bring on Lamela for Soldado?

Or Lamela and Kane with both front men coming off?

Tell Eriksen to cut out the cute one touch passes, hold the ball longer, and be patient.

I see Lamela is coming on.

I thought we were outstanding today....passing and movement and the defence near rock solid.

No surprise we won the game comfortably in the end although I can't understand giving Kane any time on the field.

Oh and I'm enjoying my holiday in Pyongyang....who'd have thought I'd find a Spurs supporters club here.....?

• Like 2

It took a bit of persuading for Poch to eventually put Kane on, but better late than never,

although Kane should have started today.

Adebayor and Soldado, not sure who would have been the better choice to partner him though.

Good to see Poch show some bottle and play 442 as he did midweek against Brighton.

I thought we were outstanding today....passing and movement and the defence near rock solid.

No surprise we won the game comfortably in the end although I can't understand giving Kane any time on the field.

Oh and I'm enjoying my holiday in Pyongyang....who'd have thought I'd find a Spurs supporters club here.....?

You, Rodman and the fat kid with the funny hair.

You, Rodman and the fat kid with the funny hair.

We'll have him released by the time we qualify for the CL I have been assured by the supporters club chairman. ;) Edited by smokie36

tuf on villa, losing benteke was a game changer, thought until then we were generally second best, out harried and lucky to be just one down, we were sometimes pretty but overall ineffective, lets hope things for potts and the squad things pick up .

Edited by rijit

It took a bit of persuading for Poch to eventually put Kane on, but better late than never,

Adebayor and Soldado, not sure who would have been the better choice to partner him though.

Good to see Poch show some bottle and play 442 as he did midweek against Brighton.

He didn't play 442, played 2 forwards in Ade and Soldado but Soldado was playing deeper !

Tell Eriksen to cut out the cute one touch passes, hold the ball longer, and be patient.

Absolutely. I'm finding Eriksen increasingly an irritation and i don't think much of the shift he puts in either. Lamela presses much better and is prepared to get stuck in more. I don't think Eriksem\n's a Pochettino style player either

He didn't play 442, played 2 forwards in Ade and Soldado but Soldado was playing deeper !

yep if anything more of a 4411. Soldado works hard and shows spirit and supposedly trains really hard. I really hope the guy gets a touch of luck and you never know, we might, just might see something of the player we thought we were buying.

Jeez, our defense is piss poor!

Despite a fortuitous win, every time i see us play and watch our dismal defense i can't see where and how we are moving forward. Delighted for Kane and nice to see us showing some balls for once but generally speaking i'm just as confused about what were doing as the team seem to be.

What does seem to be worth looking at is his decision to play two strikers, as Alf says, with one dropping off slightly behind. However if our dreadful final ball doesn't improve we could play four strikers to no avail.

Stoke up next weaken after a visit to Greece and taking another three points would give everyone nice breathing space to take stock of things.

Absolutely. I'm finding Eriksen increasingly an irritation and i don't think much of the shift he puts in either. Lamela presses much better and is prepared to get stuck in more. I don't think Eriksem\n's a Pochettino style player either

Yes carms, I think Erikson realizes this thus his don't care attitude, mind you this all seems to have come about since he had is hair thickened up so perhaps theres a moral there somewhere, cue ups ! biggrin.png

There does seem to be a case of laziness in the team (such as Rose for the Villa goal) plus an additional problem is that there is now a lack of confidence through the team !

Yes carms, I think Erikson realizes this thus his don't care attitude, mind you this all seems to have come about since he had is hair thickened up so perhaps theres a moral there somewhere, cue ups ! biggrin.png

There does seem to be a case of laziness in the team (such as Rose for the Villa goal) plus an additional problem is that there is now a lack of confidence through the team !

I notice everything in a game from hair to boots........sometimes I even follow the game.laugh.png

That is good quality hair thickener though, probably held with a natural shine spray.

I will confess that you have finally got me looking at the blokes hair now and i also thought he's using some sort of hair thickener!! biggrin.png

So off topic, with the exception of a great press on Flamini that helped create a goal earlier in the season, he doesn't press or track back well. Add to that he's the only player who's hair is noticeably thinning out so this leads me to suspect that MoPo, who also has a fine thick head of hair incidentally, probably has something against baldness.

Ralph Coates wouldn't have stood a chance with this current Spurs set up.

Edited by carmine

Bit of a controversial statement this, but it wouldn't surprise me if Poch is not there next season !!!

Not controversial, its realistic based on Levy's inability to stick with it.

Its Levy who the real problem. Won't stand by anyone and appears a total control freak who chooses to penny pinch at just the wrong time. In my head i am giving Pochettino three years to show we are going in the right direction. I'm sick of changing managers. He was the best choice last summer, we signed him so we stick with him. Ofcourse Levy's probably got his eye on Koeman now!

On a footnote, Pochettino hasn't done himself any favors with regards to his reluctance to start with Kane and frankly, if you continue to pick on reputation over form you're always going to be heading for trouble

• Like 1

Let's give Kane and Soldado a run till Xmas and replace Adebayor in January.

You might well be right. If nothing else for now, Soldado's a good professional and it would be great to see the guy turn it round. Fact is, with him and Kane we looked a better side and i think i'm right in saying were all sick of Adebayors antics.

Let's give Kane and Soldado a run till Xmas and replace Adebayor in January.

You might well be right. If nothing else for now, Soldado's a good professional and it would be great to see the guy turn it round. Fact is, with him and Kane we looked a better side and i think i'm right in saying were all sick of Adebayors antics.

Its time for the boss to take charge and drop the lazy couldn't care less players even if it means blooding the kids.

I'd rather see 11 giving there all and losing than watch this rubbish every week.

• Like 1

yep hate to say it as i'm like all on here sick to death of

levy chopping and changing managers, but potts appointment smacks of another punt with someone that isnt big or expirenced enough for the job, imo needs someone who's been there seen it and done it before. cant help but feel potts has got the start of that dead man walking about him, ok scenario say

didnt win yesterday and lost the next three/four landed up in the bottom 4 approaching xmas, given his history could anyone honestly see levy not getting rid? anyway lets hope it all turns a corner stranger things have happened with lucky results, but then i think of this defense !!!! and i think,,,, just not, ....rose waltzs around defensively like it aint his problem and verity is just clue less. kaboul tries but aint a strong enuf leader at this level and naughton judging by his last spell will take ??? 2 get up to speed. lets hope all blows over , after all we know things look totally diferent after 2/ 3 wins , dont they?