Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Probably the better team on the night but that's irelerent if you make 3 basic mistake s !!!

We were absolutely the better side and again we only have ourselves to blame.

Losing 3-1 0ver two legs on the balance of play is just ridiculous. Harsh lesson hear that has to be learnt. You simply have to keep your concentration and take your chances.

Soldado couldn't score in a brothel. That dreadful miss must have been demoralizing for his teammates.

two days off, flight back to London and the cup final. Hopefully Chelsea are nicely rested after their break!! I'll be amazed if we can physically compete with them for ninety minitues. I suppose we have a chance but i just can't see it. Just played too many games. However i 'm sure that tool Mourinho will have something to complain about too.

Probably the better team on the night but that's irelerent if you make 3 basic mistake s !!!

Losing 3-1 0ver two legs on the balance of play is just ridiculous. Harsh lesson hear that has to be learnt. You simply have to keep your concentration and take your chances.

Soldado couldn't score in a brothel. That dreadful miss must have been demoralizing for his teammates.

two days off, flight back to London and the cup final. Hopefully Chelsea are nicely rested after their break!! I'll be amazed if we can physically compete with them for ninety minitues. I suppose we have a chance but i just can't see it. Just played too many games. However i 'm sure that tool Mourinho will have something to complain about too.

Carms, I can't remember the last time I was so angry, when he missed that one sad.png, I kept repeating you pr*ck, you pr*ck biggrin.png

Carms, I can't remember the last time I was so angry, when he missed that one sad.png, I kept repeating you pr*ck, you pr*ck biggrin.png

Quite. When your strikers miss those chances it really doesn't matter how well you play.

Mikel ruled out as well as Matic....soft centre for the Chavs.....Gives your boys a great chance!

Id feel more happy if you told me hazard and fabregas were out :)

Looking at things from Mourinhos perspective, his mind will be on an away win to West Ham on Wednesday night. Perhaps an advantage for us, perhaps not. We need to win tomorrow to maintain momentum, not just because it's the cup.

Mikel ruled out as well as Matic....soft centre for the Chavs.....Gives your boys a great chance!

Id feel more happy if you told me hazard and fabregas were out smile.png

Looking at things from Mourinhos perspective, his mind will be on an away win to West Ham on Wednesday night. Perhaps an advantage for us, perhaps not. We need to win tomorrow to maintain momentum, not just because it's the cup.

I very much doubt Mourinho's mind will be on anything else other than winning the cup.

• Like 2

Just a quick one, if we win tomorrow are we in the Poxy Thursday Cup ?

I think to qualify for this years Europa, the League Cup Winners join in the 3rd qualifying round . However, if you qualify for the Champs League by finishing in the top 4 then this place would be given to the next highest prem finisher. So, for instance if Chelsea win tomorrow and they obviously will qualify for Champs League, the spot doesn't go to Spurs as runners up but it will go to the next highest prem finisher who isn't already in a Europe comp.....................................................I think. Gets bladdy confusing when they change it almost every year blink.png

Edited by mrbojangles
Added bits in red for clarity

I think to qualify for this years Europa, the League Winners join in the 3rd. However, if you qualify for the Champs League by finishing in the top 4 then this place would be given to the next highest prem finisher. So, for instance if Chelsea win tomorrow and they obviously will qualify for Champs League, the spot doesn't go to Spurs as runners up but it will go to the next highest prem finisher who isn't already in a Europe comp.....................................................I think. Gets bladdy confusing when they change it almost every year blink.png

He asked if we win not if the chavs win.

Answer the question please not speculate on the result.

Just saying cos alfredo certainly will! biggrin.png

I think to qualify for this years Europa, the League Winners join in the 3rd. However, if you qualify for the Champs League by finishing in the top 4 then this place would be given to the next highest prem finisher. So, for instance if Chelsea win tomorrow and they obviously will qualify for Champs League, the spot doesn't go to Spurs as runners up but it will go to the next highest prem finisher who isn't already in a Europe comp.....................................................I think. Gets bladdy confusing when they change it almost every year blink.png

Just edited my post. After re-reading realised I missed a couple of bits out (now in red).

Dear alfie, I wasn't speculating but merely giving clarity on the result either way. tongue.png

Chelsea will win anyway, so why did I bother laugh.png

I think to qualify for this years Europa, the League Cup Winners join in the 3rd qualifying round . However, if you qualify for the Champs League by finishing in the top 4 then this place would be given to the next highest prem finisher. So, for instance if Chelsea win tomorrow and they obviously will qualify for Champs League, the spot doesn't go to Spurs as runners up but it will go to the next highest prem finisher who isn't already in a Europe comp.....................................................I think. Gets bladdy confusing when they change it almost every year blink.png

• Like 1

Just edited my post. After re-reading realised I missed a couple of bits out (now in red).

Dear alfie, I wasn't speculating but merely giving clarity on the result either way. tongue.png

Chelsea will win anyway, so why did I bother laugh.png

I think for once your probably going to be right bj sad.png

some serious termite fogging in this thread..

Just rational thinking and honesty Bob!

Oh and btw Bob, it'll be our 45th game tomorrow. biggrin.png

Now there's a point of trivia I will not forget it you win it.

I sincerely hope Spurs do beat the Chavs tomorrow though. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I dont mind that team but hasnt Vorm been the keeper all through the run? u rwckon potts will drop him now ?, but well see and might.the faz handle costas muscle/aggro a bit better and for sure he start with lamella, not totally sure why but i reckon he will.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dont mind that team but hasnt Vorm been the keeper all through the run? u rwckon potts will drop him now ?, but well see and might.the faz handle costas muscle/aggro a bit better and for sure he start with lamella, not totally sure why but i reckon he will.

Not if he has any scruples.

If he wants to have any chance of winning then he needs to play Lloris for sure!

Lamela has played the last 2 games with very little contribution, doesn't deserve to start

again on Sunday, and i think Townsend is more suited to this match than Lamela anyway,

and he'll be fresher too.

Fazio is just too slow, and too error prone for me, Dier will also be fresher from a weeks rest.

What a load of carp....play our best team...simple as that.

• Like 1

I think the carp is coming from you, which is surprising.

All season long fans on here have been saying Lloris will be off at the end of the season, but we've got an excellent goalkeeper in Vorm. If the guy has played in all the LC games he should play in the final, he's obviously good enough.

• Like 1

If he wants to have any chance of winning then he needs to play Lloris for sure!

Lamela has played the last 2 games with very little contribution, doesn't deserve to start

again on Sunday, and i think Townsend is more suited to this match than Lamela anyway,

and he'll be fresher too.

Fazio is just too slow, and too error prone for me, Dier will also be fresher from a weeks rest.

yeah, playing a high back line faz is a bit of a disaster waiting to happen, but better in the air and probably sounder and stronger in the box as a defender than dier ATM.... and you all know my opinion of verities defending but verity and faz atm against the chavs would be the way I reckon potts will go but as i said we'll see.

I think the carp is coming from you, which is surprising.

All season long fans on here have been saying Lloris will be off at the end of the season, but we've got an excellent goalkeeper in Vorm. If the guy has played in all the LC games he should play in the final, he's obviously good enough.

Vorm's performance in the semi's were showing a lack of confidence, probably due to the fact he's

been sitting on the bench most of the season.

I think the occasion of a final against a strong side like Chelsea will be too much for him, i'm not saying he's a bad keeper, but he's out of match practice, and certainly no where near as good as Lloris.

If Poch want's to give himself a chance to win his first trophy in England he has to play his strongest

team, especially against the chavs.

• Like 1

What sots said ups....I'm not convinced by Vorm at all.

Well, if Lloris does happen to leave you'll be up <deleted> street then.

If he leaves Vorm will get his chance....but for now we should stick with our best keeper....especially in a Cup Final.