Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Given the huge disappointments for the team, and the resulting fatigue and likely drop in morale, to get the 3 points against Swansea was a great achievement. Now looking forwards to the run in I can see perhaps 68 points. If we are to get fourth we really need Man Utd, Liverpool, the Arse and Soton to start losing! Next up QPR tomorrow. Need to really put this lot to bed early on. COYS.

Given the huge disappointments for the team, and the resulting fatigue and likely drop in morale, to get the 3 points against Swansea was a great achievement. Now looking forwards to the run in I can see perhaps 68 points. If we are to get fourth we really need Man Utd, Liverpool, the Arse and Soton to start losing! Next up QPR tomorrow. Need to really put this lot to bed early on. COYS.

yeah think it was.a nice touch by potts to keep the same team as sunday.

Edited by rijit

dont think theyve got one local in blodgers current starting 11. oh stevie g and Rodgers dont want him any more. so,,, entirely bought :D

ps and sterlings they bought from qpr so he dont count.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've stopped concerning about that and just enjoying watching this team....barring those defensive errors of course!

To be far, anything above 6th is a bonus smile.png

And even 6th is punching well above our weight if you look at where we are in the net spend league !

And you definitely are atop of the "Spunked a 100 million on Sh-ite league for 2013/14 " did you get a trophy for that? smile.png

A. We haven't actually made any loss on players as none of them have been sold !

B. How much was your actual loss on Downing, Carroll and Aquilani ? i'll tell you, 48m !!! which is more than the loss we would have if we sold all 7 players tomorrow !

Bob, most big money signings lose money, it's part and parcel of the game and happens to everyone !

dont think theyve got one local in blodgers current starting 11. oh stevie g and Rodgers dont want him any more. so,,, entirely bought biggrin.png

ps and sterlings they bought from qpr so he dont count.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm sure it's very honourable have a starting XI of locals, but in this age of football and the EPL it is hardly going to happen and if it does you probably wouldn't do very well.

An academy set up to scout, develop and nurture young talent that regularly breaks in to the first team is being done very successfully at LFC. Average age of 23 in the side that beat City last week. We have oodles of talent in our 18s and 21s, you'll be more aware of this in the coming seasons wink.png

btw Jon Flanagan was a first 11 player until injured earlier this season and Jordan Rossiter scored on his debut in League Cup this season both Scouse.

To be far, anything above 6th is a bonus smile.png

And even 6th is punching well above our weight if you look at where we are in the net spend league !

And you definitely are atop of the "Spunked a 100 million on Sh-ite league for 2013/14 " did you get a trophy for that? smile.png

A. We haven't actually made any loss on players as none of them have been sold !

B. How much was your actual loss on Downing, Carroll and Aquilani ? i'll tell you, 48m !!! which is more than the loss we would have if we sold all 7 players tomorrow !

Bob, most big money signings lose money, it's part and parcel of the game and happens to everyone !

You always come back to the accounting side of things when my point is and has always been money spent vs impact. Which I think is where you lost out spending 100M and your team went backwards.

If you look at those 3 players you have mentioned we probably didn't lose anything in accounting terms. The price is spread over the period of contract so each year their value/cost is depreciated. e.g. Aquilani 5 year deal, 17M - 3.4M/Year - 4 years with the club -13.6M sold for 7M = +3.6M

Edited by BangrakBob

An academy set up to scout, develop and nurture young talent

Yes Bob that's what every academy is set up for !

We have oodles of talent in our 18s and 21s,

Every club in the premier league is probably saying the same and neither team in their respective leagues are doing that great !

regularly breaks in to the first team is being done very successfully at LFC

You call one player and one who has only played in the League cup successful ?

Average age of 23 in the side that beat City last week

But all bought !

You always come back to the accounting side of things when my point is and has always been money spent vs impact. Which I think is where you lost out spending 100M and your team went backwards.

But Spurs net spend was -3.8m

Let me explain once and for all as you seem to have difficulty understanding this, net spend is the important fig when improving a team,

EG,

A. Team X spends 120m on players and sells players to the tune of 150m, would you imagine that team has been strengthened ?

B. Team Y spends 40m on players and doesn't sell anyone, would you say that team has been strengthened ?

So although Team X spent a lot more than Team Y, Team Y would probably be the one that strengthened the most !!!! I hope that clears things up for you !!!

If you look at those 3 players you have mentioned we probably didn't lose anything in accounting terms

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You can all it what you like, but if you sell a player for less than you have bought him for you have made a loss, simple economics whistling.gifbiggrin.png

e.g. Aquilani 5 year deal, 17M - 3.4M/Year - 4 years with the club -13.6M sold for 7M = +3.6M

Not sure where you got 7m from Bob, perhaps you dreamt it biggrin.png

Fiorentina revealed that Aquilani had only cost the club €790,000 as other cost.[44

ACF Fiorentina SpA bilanciuo (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2012 (Italian), CCIAA

Spurs beat the Chavs 2-0 in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup semi. clap2.gif

aussie wins spurs youth semi, thomas glover the keeper

massimo luongo, sold by the club to swindon, he was a big factor in aussies asian cup win

You might find this interesting macks http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/02/12/ambitous-luongo-says-its-time-make-next-career-move

Let me explain once and for all as you seem to have difficulty understanding this, net spend is the important fig when improving a team,

EG,

A. Team X spends 120m on players and sells players to the tune of 150m, would you imagine that team has been strengthened ?

B. Team Y spends 40m on players and doesn't sell anyone, would you say that team has been strengthened ?

So although Team X spent a lot more than Team Y, Team Y would probably be the one that strengthened the most !!!! I hope that clears things up for you !!!

Sorry to interrupt yours and BB's love in Alfie tongue.png but you are trying to simplify a complex issue and the analogies above don't come close to fully explaining all the permutations that can come into effect.

You can all it what you like, but if you sell a player for less than you have bought him for you have made a loss, simple economics whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Again a bit too simple economics for me. I.e. LA Galaxy bought Beckham and made that money back and more in the first season by fans buying additional season tickets and shirt sales with his name on the back. You don't buy players simply to try and make a profit when you sell them on. You buy players to improve on what you already have. The club will hopefully make the fee's back (in addition to any sell on fee you get) by winning trophies, titles, bums on seats, shirt sales or the club simply staying in the premier league and getting all the TV money (which seems to be Ashley's vision with Newcastle).

• Like 1

EG,

Sorry to interrupt yours and BB's love in Alfie tongue.pngbut you are trying to simplify a complex issue and the analogies above don't come close to fully explaining all the permutations that can come into effect.

Again a bit too simple economics for me. I.e. LA Galaxy bought Beckham and made that money back and more in the first season by fans buying additional season tickets and shirt sales with his name on the back. You don't buy players simply to try and make a profit when you sell them on. You buy players to improve on what you already have. The club will hopefully make the fee's back (in addition to any sell on fee you get) by winning trophies, titles, bums on seats, shirt sales or the club simply staying in the premier league and getting all the TV money (which seems to be Ashley's vision with Newcastle).

If it's a bit too simple for you bj i'm sorry, I can't make it any more simple cheesy.gif

If a player is bought and sold at a loss it is a loss no matter how you look at it, he goes on the balance sheet at what the team paid for him and comes off at what the club sells him for, it's either a profit or a loss, it might get wrote down or up a little each season but the net effect is the same.

How can you compare Beckham a world brand with the average player, a stupid comparison if you ask me.

So the 14m loss the scousers took on Aquilani, did he improve them on what they already had ? did he increase bums on seats ? did he help them win a trophy ? I doubt if anyone would have wanted his name on their shirt, well certainly after a few games biggrin.png something like 18 appearences in 3 years, so his loss stands !!!!

In fact working in reverse to what you said, they probably finished lower in the league because of him, less people would have attended because of him, so working on your theory the loss would have been even bigger laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

Sorry to interrupt yours and BB's love in Alfie tongue.pngbut you are trying to simplify a complex issue and the analogies above don't come close to fully explaining all the permutations that can come into effect.

If it's a bit too simple for you bj i'm sorry, I can't make it any more simple cheesy.gif

I didn't say it was too simple for me Alfie, I said you are trying to simplify a complex issue. You even highlighted the text I wrote but if you don't know the difference between the two, there's no point in me adding any further comment. I'll hand you back over to Bob thumbsup.gif

Yes Bob that's what every academy is set up for !

Every club in the premier league is probably saying the same and neither team in their respective leagues are doing that great !

You call one player and one who has only played in the League cup successful ?

But all bought !

If you are going to quote me, quote my post, not selective sound bits that you then totally misconstrue..as per usual

EG,

If you look at those 3 players you have mentioned we probably didn't lose anything in accounting terms

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

e.g. Aquilani 5 year deal, 17M - 3.4M/Year - 4 years with the club -13.6M sold for 7M = +3.6M

Not sure where you got 7m from Bob, perhaps you dreamt it biggrin.png

Fiorentina revealed that Aquilani had only cost the club €790,000 as other cost.[44

ACF Fiorentina SpA bilanciuo (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2012 (Italian), CCIAA

Selective interpretation and constantly, completely ignoring what the other person's point is...forget it

• Like 1

I didn't say it was too simple for me Alfie, I said you are trying to simplify a complex issue. You even highlighted the text I wrote but if you don't know the difference between the two, there's no point in me adding any further comment. I'll hand you back over to Bob thumbsup.gif

no thank you, it's pointless coffee1.gif

• Like 1

no thank you, it's pointless coffee1.gif

Ok good bye, toodle pip biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Selective interpretation and constantly, completely ignoring what the other person's point is...forget it

How can I be ignoring when iv'e answered all your points, plus you get your facts wrong, Aquilani 7m biggrin.png your living in a dream world like some of your pals, what was it

the academy that now churns out these young players
like I said, LFC and your lot have now probably overtaken the Arse and ManU in producing youngsters capable of more than holding their own in the Premiership

Churned out and produced who lately ? oh sorry I forgot Flanaghan and Leonard Rossiter cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Anyway must run got my daily run to do, I think a little 5km tonight ! you know an active body is an active mind and all that laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

CTH Stadium 6 has gone AWOL. I see the game is covered on CTH Stadium 2 at 10pm. I do enjoy the pre-match in English, even if they talk a load of old tosh. Any ideas.?

Afternote. Cancel that ..... Stadium 6 just appeared. Very strange.

Edited by iancnx

Only 1 change from the Swansea game, Davies in for Rose. Surprised he didn't mix it up slightly more, but maybe his 1st 11 is now pretty nailed on? Be nice to see a settled side.

Not very up to speed with QPR, is their right winger good?

Rio is well past his sell by date, lets get at him!

COYS

A good win that....we just need to keep on grinding out results and see what happens.

Definitely lacking in defence....and need a good striker to help Kane out but otherwise we are looking good right now.

Onwards and at least sixth it is looking like....we'd have taken that early on so happy days!

a hard fought 3 points did feel for qpr 2 bang on penalties turned down when it aint going for you it just aint, anyway what can u say about our ari, england next stop??, this 20 plus goal return has to start putting him up there with the greaves chivers of spurs folk lore, some devastating counter attacking by our front line for the first ?? mins of the second half that would challenge the best of defenses, unfortunately counter balanced by some absolutely shocking defending, they dont seem to be getting any betterthumbsup.gif next up old trafford

but will be quite surprised if the prem were to finish any diferent from below , the goal difference, imo is the major clue, but we live in hope

No movement 1 Chelsea 27 35 63 No movement 2 Man City 28 32 58 No movement 3 Arsenal 28 23 54 No movement 4 Man Utd 28 21 53 No movement 5 Liverpool 28 12 51 Moving up 6 Tottenham 28 7 50 Moving down 7 Southampton 28 19 49