Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It's ok Bob, Liverpool & Southampton can qualify for the Europa.

We may still get in it even if we finish seventh, but i hope not.

Our season was already over last week at Burnley.

P.S

I also think that Poch should rest all the key players that he regards worthy

to start next season for the remaining 6 matches.

Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb & Mason could all do with a rest.

Instead play Lamela, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor etc.

and give them a chance to market themselves for the summer window.

Edited by sotsira

I wouldn't mind playing in it if they reformatted the comp with half the amount of games. Better off finishing 7th than 5th just shouldn't be.

Edited by BangrakBob

I wouldn't mind playing in it if they reformatted the comp with half the amount of games. Better off finishing 7th than 5th just shouldn't be.

cant see them reformatting it, but what really piss's me of with it is that the teams that f=c up in the champions lge fall into it, with not that many games to win b4 the final. it's like u do all the graft then the rewards are sort of taken away from you..

cant see them reformatting it, but what really piss's me of with it is that the teams that f=c up in the champions lge fall into it, with not that many games to win b4 the final. it's like u do all the graft then the rewards are sort of taken away from you..

Yeah I don't agree with that either, they should scrap that too

Edited by BangrakBob

You should know all about the rewards of failure from those hours spent at the DHSS office ....pipe down and enjoy your Thursday nights! biggrin.png

• Like 2

You should know all about the rewards of failure from those hours spent at the DHSS office ....pipe down and enjoy your Thursday nights! biggrin.png

hahaha there is no beating that, I'll get my coat clap2.gif

• Like 1

Well, not unexpected really and probably the amount of games we have played has taken there toll ! if we had had a half decent finish to the season then that might have papered over the cracks so at least that's not going to happen.Lets just hope the bad run continues and lets the scousers and Soton into the Europa if it means that 7th doesn't get us a Europa slot

Time for even more youngsters to have bit parts to the end of the season I think.

looking for positives:blink: thought vorm had a good game and yeah double good to get a clean sheet and 4 the first time in ?? the bac 4 looked calm and worked as a unit ,,, well almost, barring walker the f--c in knuckle head !!!!biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally agree about Walker but the good news is that Yedlin is playing well and looks very promising indeed.

I personally thing that Walkers had quite long enough to sort out his defensive deficiencies. Still gets hopelessly out of position and looks a constant worry.

He's right about Vorm though....he looked solid which may well be an important positive next season.

Tottenham goalkeeper Michel Vorm says Leicester City's late goal was his fault

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Tottenham-goalkeeper-Michel-Vorm-says-Leicester/story-25922976-detail/story.html#ixzz3X3YDIDDw

That was another dismal performance. Seasons over although the worry of Europa qualification remains. I'm still firmly behind the manager but he has been making some strange decisions.

What i want to see now is some of the youngsters given run outs. The ones that will be featuring next season. Think Alfie has already said the same. Onomah, Walker-Peters, Winks, Carter-Vickers should all be given run outs. Pritchard's at Brentford till the end of the season but he's doing rather nicely there anyway.

BTW chaps, with regards to the dreaded Europa, we really don't want a Liverpool/Arse FA cup final or 7th place will qualify. I despise everything about the poxy Europa league and the way the authorities have allowed it to be devalued by allowing the CL fall out. Its a lousy tourno

• Like 1

Difficult for a manager to throw in the youngsters when he has probably been set a points target, coupled with the additional money that is awarded to each place

Don't see why in this situation because the first team simply isn't doing the business. Performances against United, Burnley and Villa warrant change. We also need fresh legs out there.

The other factor to remember is that three or four of these kids will be in the squad for next season and need experience asap. They are 17/18/19 year olds. They are terrific prospects and frankly performances suggest they might well do better than certain of the incumbent first team.

As to Pochettino, he'll be judged on next season and rightly so.

Difficult for a manager to throw in the youngsters when he has probably been set a points target, coupled with the additional money that is awarded to each place

in addition to the above,generally it takes a player up to 5 matchs to be absoulately match fit and razor sharp,

the trend these modern days,blooding in youngsters is a minorty

jose has repeatly said he has nt the time, or for taking a risk , to throw promising youngsters into the cauldron of the E.P.L.

largely due to, that he has to get immediate results,or its the chop

thats why c/sea and other clubs loan them out,and keep a eagle eye on their progression,where ever they maybe

totts, i.m.o. have had a very reasonable season,must take into account. they will top , the most matchs played this season,and flogged c/sea fair and square

pochinetto is a bright young manager,who never complains,or make up excuses for poor performances during the season,he gets on with his job and if ,he is given sufficient time and backing he can bring spurs up a notch or two, consistently i might add

spurs main achilles heel is the four by two chairman, for a host of very good reasons, leave me out of him, big time, E/S would nt leak on him,if he was on fire

on a nicer note , a lovely midday to all

Still think Kane, Eriksen, Bentaleb & Mason should be given the rest of the season off

and get some well earned rest.

Play Stambouli, Dembele, Paulinho and Soldado for the remaining six matches and see

if their worth keeping or selling this summer. They may even attract some buyers if they play well.

its sort of contridiction cos fundamentally theres imo a lot

wrong with the europa lge but for me these nit picky changes just puts the comp in bad light.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app