Tottenham Thread

chonabot

i know its only the mirror but this one seems not to wont to go away

but 15 mil ,,,,,yes please

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-face-transfer-battle-5654166

hand disappears down throat bah.gif

can't see why Diego Simione would be looking at Rose but theres a good call to say he's our most improved player this season, aside of Kane of course.[/quote

Mmm cant see much further than Chadli on that one carms. Any way's , Just our frigging luck us having not one but two bacs that 'can' struggle defensively but have pace to burn. Still reckon verity is our best left bac.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He is our best left back but were hopelessly weak in the middle.

Chadli's form has tailed off a bit towards the back end of this season but he has improved massively hasn't he and makes our 7m look like money very well spent

As far as the backs go, its Walker i'm really sick off. He just doesn't learn from his mistakes. I think he basically thick. He needs to learn to defend first and foremost.

Bring back Dawson I say!

tongue.png

Well we didn't learn anything there that we didn't already know.

A. We need an experienced Centre Half.

B. We need to get rid of Chiriches.

C. We need an experienced Central midfielder.

Watching the game A ,B and C ticks all the boxes.At least they kept at it with 10 men. Lloris is a worry ,the body language doesn't look positive then again he may feel the defending puts too much responsibility on him to keep them in the game.Its essential that he doesn't leave. Poch deserves to stay but you never know what is going through Levy's thought processes.

Harry Kane never stopped trying ,he's a coaches dream, no motivation required to be given to him, he's got it in spades.

Continued:

D. We need 1 or 2 strikers to replace Adebayor & Soldado

E. We'll probably need a goalkeeper to replace Lloris

F. A right or left sided winger that can actually put a cross in the box.

G. And one more central defender to replace Kaboul.

So to summarise, we'll need about 6-7 new players.blink.png

Watching the game A ,B and C ticks all the boxes.At least they kept at it with 10 men. Lloris is a worry ,the body language doesn't look positive then again he may feel the defending puts too much responsibility on him to keep them in the game.Its essential that he doesn't leave. Poch deserves to stay but you never know what is going through Levy's thought processes.

Harry Kane never stopped trying ,he's a coaches dream, no motivation required to be given to him, he's got it in spades.

Sparks, Poch is going nowhere, this was always going to be a trial season with Poch looking and assessing what he has before he makes any significant changes.

On another point, would Levy be expecting us to do any better than last season when the squad wasn't improved in the summer ? especially when every other team above us has made big money signings !

Key player and it would be good if they can keep him, but I doubt it he's better than the Europa League.

With Madrid ready to pounce for deGea, I could easily see Lloris moving up north to replace him.

Key player and it would be good if they can keep him, but I doubt it he's better than the Europa League.

With Madrid ready to pounce for deGea, I could easily see Lloris moving up north to replace him.

I think its doubtful we'll keep Lloris. Thats why Vorm was brought in. Lorries deserves to be playing at CL level anyway. I can also see Adebayor, Soldado, Capoue, Chiriches, Kaboul all leaving with Lennon staying at Everton permanently.

Can't see Levy getting shot of Pochettino in any event. This looks like the longer haul appointment and rightly so.

Big question mark is how many of our youth players can we bring through to the squad for next season? I say this because its clear we need to buy in some quality in the defense. Is 17 y/o Cameron Carter-Vickers capable of making the grade next season? Quite possibly, but we'll still need a buy a couple. Winks, Onomah and Pritchard will all come plus another but they don't fill the defensive gaps.

Edited by carmine

I think its doubtful we'll keep Lloris. I can also see Adebayor, Soldado, Capoue, Chiriches, Kaboul all leaving with Lennon staying at Everton permanently.

Can't see Levy getting shot of Pochettino in any event. This looks like the longer haul appointment and rightly so.

Big question mark is how many of our youth players can we bring through to the squad for next season? I say this because its clear we need to buy in some quality in the defense. Is 17 y/o Cameron Carter-Vickers capable of making the grade next season? Quite possibly, but we'll still need a buy a couple. Winks, Onomah and Pritchard will all come plus another but they don't fill the defensive gaps.

IF Lloris leaves, do you think Pochy will go with Vorm initially as his 1st team keeper, or might he try to bring in someone like Fraser Forster or Petr Cech?

Just asking

Continued:

D. We need 1 or 2 strikers to replace Adebayor & Soldado

E. We'll probably need a goalkeeper to replace Lloris

F. A right or left sided winger that can actually put a cross in the box.

G. And one more central defender to replace Kaboul.

So to summarise, we'll need about 6-7 new players.blink.png

D. Certainly don't need 2 new strikers, perhaps one young player, besides what decent player is going to come to play 2nd fiddle let alone 3rd fiddle ? F. 1 wide player who can also play center forward.

G. Don't need 5 senior center halves, probably promote from within for the 5th one.

In fact until we know if we are in the Europa then it's hard to determine how bigger squad we need.

Edited by alfieconn

The odds are in favour of us finishing 6th or 7th.

If 7th, we'll still qualify if Arsenal win the FA Cup,realistically i can't see

us not qualifying for Europa.

Although i prefer we didn't, so that Poch will have an easier season to

develop his squad without the need for extra players, otherwise we will need

6 or 7 new players, and get rid of the 6 or 7 flops we currently have.

For once though, i wouldn't mind if we lost next week against Hull,

wouldn't want to see Dawson, Hud and Livermore get relegated,

much prefer to see the barcodes go down.

Anyway, i hoping for a 7th spot finish with Villa winning the Cup! thumbsup.gif

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

Yep, big close seaon for potts, how he restructures will depend on current contracts cant see adeboy or soldado going or lamela. But we.need more effective hungry strikers and someone preferably a lhs central defender to marshall the defence, wouldnt mind someone early to mid 30's prefer not , but expirence wouldnt go a miss. Maybe an italian? Chielline would do :ph34r: we can but dream!!

yes the ideal scenario would be 7th in the league, Villa win the cup and Hull stay up.

If we have the misfortune to qualify for the Europa i hope he plays the U21's.

Don't worry we'll do our best to get you into Europe.

thumbsup.gif

He's just discovering, like anyone with a load of money (or in the case of expats here with relatively more money than those near and dear) that you soon find out who your friends are - and that applies to within family as well as without.

Mind you his brother seems to be particularly nasty variant, so I share your almost sympathy Chic.

He's just discovering, like anyone with a load of money (or in the case of expats here with relatively more money than those near and dear) that you soon find out who your friends are - and that applies to within family as well as without.

Mind you his brother seems to be particularly nasty variant, so I share your almost sympathy Chic.

Kanu was the same, eventually he had a load of family and hangers on living in his house and was pissed and shagging most of the time.

^ Hope his pay off clears his money problemswhistling.gif

#2. Brad Friedel Former Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel was declared bankrupt back in 2011, with debts of almost £5 million. Friedel is a hero in his native Ohio where he opened the 28-acre-non-profit Premier Soccer Academy in Lorain County in 2007. However, the academy failed to attract sponsors and it went bust after three years in operation. Friedel has been able to recover some of his losses though.

Like it boys?

CFB6vhoXIAA2XbK.png

Very nice shirt, but it needs black shorts not white.

Sort of novo retro aint it!! Cant say it looks particulary 'tottenham' to me looks more like ax between some thing c palace and leyton o.wore in the late 60/ early 70's

But designerly highly original of coarse.!!!

Edited by rijit

watching v hull and tbh , we're looking so piss poor at the bac down either flank a decent team will take us a part.

and I wouldn't bet against hull wanting it more...

2-0 wrong wrong wrong clap2.gifbiggrin.pngclap2.gifbiggrin.png