Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Is that Kane on the left-wing?

That little guy sitting on the left (looking at the picture) is Cliff Jones who was capped 59 times for Wales and widely considered by many at the time, as the best left winger in the world.......and I wouldn't disagree with that.

Bring back that kit!

Is that Kane on the left-wing?

That little guy sitting on the left (looking at the picture) is Cliff Jones who was capped 59 times for Wales and widely considered by many at the time, as the best left winger in the world.......and I wouldn't disagree with that.

Bring back that kit!

Yeah at the time of the picture apparently true but a bit later

during My teens, jones was in the team but strtictly average, remember reading same as what u said and asking my old man about it .he used to to the lane@the time of the pic, and reckoned he.was never the same player after coming bac from a broken leg.

.a win at goodison always a decent result. good to see ari bac scoring, And 2 big BIG time plus' s verity is starting to looks a half way decent c/b and not b4 time.,and Pamella seems to have muscled up and starting to look a handful..5th place,,,,,, and 2 wins a draw and a dozen plus goals away from the champions league, Berihino next season please mr levy

.a win at goodison always a decent result. good to see ari bac scoring, And 2 big BIG time plus' s verity is starting to looks a half way decent c/b and not b4 time.,and Pamella seems to have muscled up and starting to look a handful..5th place,,,,,, and 2 wins a draw and a dozen plus goals away from the champions league, Berihino next season please mr levy

Careful what you wish for lad....you do know who his agent is?wink.png

Who gives a fuc, just a fact of football the players step their game up a level and want to move on. What ever the level always has been the way and always will be. Just now theres a media that needs headlines and makes a huge story when really there probably aint one.

Very decent performance by us last night. Why don't we perform like that on a regular basis. Vertonghen was very good throughout but this just adds to my frustration with him. Bentaleb outstanding too. If the strong rumors are true that Kevim Wimmer is a done deal then we might just have a solid back four in the making with Dier, Wimmer Vertonghen and Rose. For me Dier is a better right back that Walker and i've not seen anything like as much of Yedlin to form an opinion.

Nice to see Winks and Onomah on the bench yesterday. Their first team integration should be complete this summer and Pritchard rejoins us too.

Very frustrating that Man Utd only achieved six more points than last season and cruised into the top four. We only have ourselves to blame and conceding fifty-three goals tells the story.

Lamela gets better overtime i see him play and looks like he's pounding up a bit so thats a big positive.

Can we hold onto Hugo?

Out of interest does anyone even know where Younis Kaboul is? As in what country or continent? I know Capoue for example is busy making an idiot of himself playing dreadfully for the U21's and being outclassed. Adebayor's gone tropo. But Kaboul has just disappeared!

Edited by carmine

I think I bought a kebab from him after a pi$$ up in Cambridge last month - dead ringer.

I hear Adie baddie is on compassionate leave - compassion in this instance was being shown to everyone else at the club.

I think I bought a kebab from him after a pi$$ up in Cambridge last month - dead ringer.

I hear Adie baddie is on compassionate leave - compassion in this instance was being shown to everyone else at the club.

Can you imagine our season if fan pressure, as i believe it was, finally made Pochettino play Kane in a league game last november?

However, on another note, i will say it once more and no doubt it will fall on deaf ears but; we only paid 13m for Soldado. The other half where add ons which comes as no surprise have not needed to be forthcoming. This constitutes excellent negotiation by Levy or us being fortuitous as he was such a flop.

Its the wages that hurting. Those two combined trouser 220k p/w

Yeah real shame a year ish out injured and kaboul has gone from being/ looking a really acomplished first on the team sheet c/b to 5 th 6.th choise, who knows with a

decent pre season might we get him bac to where he was? Unfortunatly From prev examples the odds r against it. Probably a move would be best 4 his playing career, not so sure that would finacially work well for him though.

Can you imagine our season if fan pressure, as i believe it was, finally made Pochettino play Kane in a league game last november?

However, on another note, i will say it once more and no doubt it will fall on deaf ears but; we only paid 13m for Soldado. The other half where add ons which comes as no surprise have not needed to be forthcoming. This constitutes excellent negotiation by Levy or us being fortuitous as he was such a flop.

Yeah, the wages are irratating i believe adiboys got 12 mths left on his deal, fucing annoying really imagine if he kicked in this season with ?? say 15. But with a year left and 'walk free ticket' at the end, is he gonna go early? Tbh Not sure. as for soldado didnt we sign him on a 4 year deal? So probably a

loan out is what could happen, And mate dont want to disagree with you where did you see it reported? ,actually would be good if you were right but every time i've seen

mention soldados transfer fee its been 28 mil ish never been hinted or mentioned that its dependant on targets!

So how much do you reckon you'll have to write off in total then, from all the detritus you picked up using the Bale money?

biggrin.png

Spurs transfer news: Kieran Trippier close to Tottenham move from Burnley Mauricio Pochettino beats Liverpool for signature of Burnley full back, who will head to White Hart Lane for a fee of around £3.5m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11628246/Spurs-transfer-news-Kieran-Trippier-close-to-Tottenham-move-from-Burnley.html

So how much do you reckon you'll have to write off in total then, from all the detritus you picked up using the Bale money?

biggrin.png

Not as much as you probably think Chics, iv'e got us down for 20m in the red from a valuation of today !!! about the same as Ozil has depreciated whistling.gif

Spurs transfer news: Kieran Trippier close to Tottenham move from Burnley Mauricio Pochettino beats Liverpool for signature of Burnley full back, who will head to White Hart Lane for a fee of around £3.5m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11628246/Spurs-transfer-news-Kieran-Trippier-close-to-Tottenham-move-from-Burnley.html

Makes sense, he's a right back. Dier could switch back to his preferred center back role.

Anyone but Walker. Sell him to a mug club that wants a fast full back!!

Edited by carmine

Makes sense, he's a right back. Dier could switch back to his preferred center back role.

If we buy him then it's pretty obvious that Poch doesn't rate Walker !

If we buy him then it's pretty obvious that Poch doesn't rate Walker !

Yes, and he also feels Yedlin needs more time.

I'm sure some of you won't agree but i really feel this summer is the time to make Bentaleb club captain.

Makes to odd mistake sure but generally he's been outstanding and his attitude, mentality is spot on for the job. i don't think his age (20yo) should be a factor either and It also sits well with a side that will be even younger in premier league terms with Onomah Pritchard and Winks all likely to feature greatly next season.

Youngest team in the league has the youngest captain and hopefully we can rely on a couple of experienced players to show just that. Vertonghen in particular needs to play his part here.

I'm sure some of you won't agree but i really feel this summer is the time to make Bentaleb club captain.

Makes to odd mistake sure but generally he's been outstanding and his attitude, mentality is spot on for the job. i don't think his age (20yo) should be a factor either and It also sits well with a side that will be even younger in premier league terms with Onomah Pritchard and Winks all likely to feature greatly next season.

Youngest team in the league has the youngest captain and hopefully we can rely on a couple of experienced players to show just that. Vertonghen in particular needs to play his part here.

Too young. Let him concentrate on improving his game for now.

Too young. Let him concentrate on improving his game for now.

Who then? Don't forget he picked Kane in Hugo's absence. I should add here i'm posting this on the basis Lloris will leave us.

Theres no one else really because no way is Vertonghen captains material.

Reminds of the appointment of a very young Will Carling who came in to captain a team filled with seasoned pros.

My man love for Bentaleb increases every week ! the sign of a very good player is someone who can be played out of position and still look comfortable and he certainly did that on Sunday.

It looks like everything is so easy for him and if he played with a def mid player i think he can become our Viera, can't really see anyone else as captain material (unless we buy a real experienced player) so perhaps give him a go although probaly a bit early for him.

Carms, now we apparently have Wimmer does that mean we are also going to buy an experienced centre half as well ? Moreno for example !

My man love for Bentaleb increases every week ! the sign of a very good player is someone who can be played out of position and still look comfortable and he certainly did that on Sunday.

It looks like everything is so easy for him and if he played with a def mid player i think he can become our Viera, can't really see anyone else as captain material (unless we buy a real experienced player) so perhaps give him a go although probaly a bit early for him.

Carms, now we apparently have Wimmer does that mean we are also going to buy an experienced centre half as well ? Moreno for example !

I hope so Alfredo as defensively we were woeful this season.

As to who should be captain.....its really not an easy one is it?

20 is too young in my opinion....let's see what Poch thinks!

Lot of talk and speculation about Hugo leaving....but to go where?

He's good enough for any team....of that I have no doubt but who has an opening....a big wad of cash to offer us and would be attractive to Hugo?

Can't see Madrid, Barca or Bayern this summer with De Gea a shoe in at the comedy club and no way we would sell to Man Yoo for any other than silly money.

Difficult one to call. Poch should know a decent center back when he sees one but i'm not that impressed thus far with Fazio. I must confess i don't know enough nor seen anything of Wimmer to make a judgement.

Just read on my twitter feed that Paulinho, Kaboul and Chiriches are not going on tour and have been given permission to stay at the training center to find new suitors.

Edited by carmine

Lot of talk and speculation about Hugo leaving....but to go where?

He's good enough for any team....of that I have no doubt but who has an opening....a big wad of cash to offer us and would be attractive to Hugo?

Can't see Madrid, Barca or Bayern this summer with De Gea a shoe in at the comedy club and no way we would sell to Man Yoo for any other than silly money.

Paris St G looks a decent bet if United understandably decide to stick with Valdes if De Gea goes.

Just can't see us keeping Lloris.