Tottenham Thread

chonabot

CARMINE posted: "Note to BB. One the back of your comments i'm far from convinced you actually watched the north London derby. Meant to suggest this yesterday but got way laid."

I watched the whole game through a neutrals eyes, you watched it through a Spurs fans eyes.

yeah keeping an open objective veiw of any game and discussing it post match with fans is an issue, logic and common sence somewhat goes out the window . but do try to

Remember your own comment when someone other than a man city fan makes post match comment on the man city thread.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

CARMINE posted: "Note to BB. One the back of your comments i'm far from convinced you actually watched the north London derby. Meant to suggest this yesterday but got way laid."

I watched the whole game through a neutrals eyes, you watched it through a Spurs fans eyes.

And then you pose a question at the end of the first week in november asking us if we have a team to challenge for the title and expect a sensible answer?!!!!

Might as well ask me whether i thought your title wins were about anything other than oil money!!

For a start were the youngstest team in the league, the third youngest in all the major leagues in europe i believe and sure as hell if we were anywhere near City come january you lot would just go out and spend another 50/60m quids worth of seasoned world class talent....jokers!

I think you were somewhat naively trying to get us post something absurd like as to confirm we think we are title challengers and so i simply gave you the answer your question deserved. Troll.

Were you pissed up when you watched it then?

EDIT And i mean really pissed up....smile.png

Edited by carmine

Jesus Carmine, calm down lad...you're beginning to embarrass yourself here.

I thought Arsenal opened better 1st half, Spurs finished 1st half better. 1st half or more of 2nd half was Spurs, latter part of 2nd half was Arsenal's. Which part don't you agree with as you're clearly a bit miffed with my opinion.

I asked about Spurs fans opinion on title challenge or not as reading on here you lot are obviously pretty buoyant recently, but you Carmine have confirmed you think top 6. My question wasn't loaded or anything, was just seeking the opinion (s) of youse lot, and opinions have been given. I don't get Carmine though bringing City in to the equation of a perfectly simple question. Cheers.

^RIJIT: I like to think I'm always open to everybodies opinions and posts on the City forum so long it's not given in an attempt to iritate or flame (which is why I get iratated most with posts by a certain Arsenal fans posts), but I am always happy to argue my corner and I appreciate anybody else who does the same with logical comments.

^RIJIT: I like to think I'm always open to everybodies opinions and posts on the City forum so long it's not given in an attempt to iritate or flame (which is why I get iratated most with posts by a certain Arsenal fans posts), but I am always happy to argue my corner and I appreciate anybody else who does the same with logical comments.

You'll have to excuse carms...swimming to work aint his forte. :D

I thought Arsenal opened better 1st half, Spurs finished 1st half better. 1st half or more of 2nd half was Spurs, latter part of 2nd half was Arsenal's. Which part don't you agree with as you're clearly a bit miffed with my opinion.

I asked about Spurs fans opinion on title challenge or not as reading on here you lot are obviously pretty buoyant recently, but you Carmine have confirmed you think top 6. My question wasn't loaded or anything, was just seeking the opinion (s) of youse lot, and opinions have been given. I don't get Carmine though bringing City in to the equation of a perfectly simple question. Cheers.

i think you are the sounding rather stupid here here i haven't read a report yet that didn't say we dominated for the first seventy-five minutes. You the neutral that seems to have a completely different view.

Oh and the whole title challenge throw in was just......silly!

if you think i'm wrong read some reports/blogs from those that watched the gamewink.png

You dominated for the first 75 minutes? Yer avin a larf and spoiling the fact that nearly everyone on here , Spud or otherwise, is acknowledging that the team is coming out of the undergrowth and into the limelight. Or are you so stuck in the groove that you can't stop even trolling your own thread Carmine in an attempt to keep an argument going? tongue.png

Edit: In normal circs I would make a "Chang post" charge - but that beer is a pale shadow of its former self these days I believe

Edited by SantiSuk

i think you are the sounding rather stupid here here i haven't read a report yet that didn't say we dominated for the first seventy-five minutes. You the neutral that seems to have a completely different view.

if you think i'm wrong read some reports/blogs from those that watched the gamewink.png

I don't know why you're getting all excited. You played a team missing at least three first choice starters, and who lost one of our best players at half time because he was playing sick throughout the first half.

And not only could you not win, but if Ollie had his shooting head on you would have lost that comfortably in the end.

You and I both know you'll finish behind us yet again.

biggrin.png

I don't know why you're getting all excited. You played a team missing at least three first choice starters, and who lost one of our best players at half time because he was playing sick throughout the first half.

And not only could you not win, but if Ollie had his shooting head on you would have lost that comfortably in the end.

You and I both know you'll finish behind us yet again.

biggrin.png

Chics, do me a favour, arse starting eleven cost 161.7m Spurs 97.3m just a mere diff of 64m and your worried about three who didn't start, you should be more about the eleven who did start gigglem.gif

As for shooting head on ! you had 10 to our 14 shots so you were lucky we didn't have our shooting head on.

Of course we will finish behind you why wouldn't we ? after all your 5th in the net spend league over the last 5 seasons and we're 20th.

Edited by alfieconn

Your net spend is only low because of Bale give over smile.png

How much did you get for Fabregas, Nasri and van persie ?

About as much as you got for Bale.

But we weren't spending it on the team, remember?

It paid for the shiny new stadium.

Face it, Wenger just spends better than you ever have.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif So if you were saving all your money for the new stadium how the hell did you spend 253m over the last 5 years you silly billy ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif So if you were saving all your money for the new stadium how the hell did you spend 253m over the last 5 years you silly billy ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

180m of that is since we sold Robin Van Pursestrings.

Prices have gone up mate, if you want decent players now you have to pay.

It's hardly our fault you bought such gems as Capoue, Paulinho and Soldaduddo is it?

Oh and Lamentable, who has about one good game in 10.

thumbsup.gif

I see Dembele has picked up a calf injury (surprise surprise, its never far away from him) so hopefully he will be able to sit out this stupid international break. Just as we are in good momentum in comes the break that no one wants but maybe this time it'll do us a favor.

Bentaleb too back in full training which will give us much needed cover.

A series of desperately weak responses from friend Chicog!biggrin.png

Best focus on the Emirates toilets, whose destruction did so appall our little cockney sparrow, Stoneyboywhistling.gif

Clearly for your lot it felt like a 1-1 defeat.

biggrin.png

Well in some ways it did but i have to remind myself of two things. First, perhaps not helped by a thursday night game we ran out of steam in the last fifteen and secondly i did say i'd take the point earlier in the week.

Now, once we've agreed you won't be winning the league with either Giroud or Walcott up top my focus has moved on to The spammers and the chavs. Payet isn't playing, out for sure and I also think theres a fair chance Vertonghen might make a grab for Costa's knackerbag too so all to look forward to!!

Edited by carmine

A series of desperately weak responses from friend Chicog!biggrin.png

Best focus on the Emirates toilets, whose destruction did so appall our little cockney sparrow, Stoneyboywhistling.gif

Clearly for your lot it felt like a 1-1 defeat.

biggrin.png

Yep certainly did, times they are a changing :P

Wouldn't go as far as saying Ali had a shocker for England when he came on but not far short :blink:

Anyways let's hope all that went return fit and those that didn't benefited from a decent little break which will have given them time to get over those irritating and performance effecting knocks they tend to carry.

Wouldn't go as far as saying Ali had a shocker for England when he came on but not far short blink.png

Anyways let's hope all that went return fit and those that didn't benefited from a decent little break which will have given them time to get over those irritating and performance effecting knocks they tend to carry.

To be fair, he was played out of position when he came on so you wouldn't expect him to do too much.

Wouldn't go as far as saying Ali had a shocker for England when he came on but not far short blink.png

To be fair, he was played out of position when he came on so you wouldn't expect him to do too much.

I think the fact that a nineteen year old, playing for MK Dons last season that has elevated to the national side is an astonishing achievement.

Its just a shame that The Hodge felt the need to play the lad out of positionblink.png

Whilst a loathe international friendlys and the risk of injury to our players it does give them vital experience. Dier, Kane, Mason Alli and Walker will all benefit although i read that the later, Walker was dreadful.

Weren't anything to do with his position Alfie and besides he was playing in midfield and getting into their box but it was His control and passing, were truly shocking. If i didn't rate kid and think he had it in him I'de have said he was out of his depth. But I'm sure with hodgson he'll live to fight another day.

I think the fact that a nineteen year old, playing for MK Dons last season that has elevated to the national side is an astonishing achievement.

Its just a shame that The Hodge felt the need to play the lad out of positionblink.png

Whilst a loathe international friendlys and the risk of injury to our players it does give them vital experience. Dier, Kane, Mason Alli and Walker will all benefit although i read that the later, Walker was dreadful.

Walkers v hit & miss atm one game he's good and then he's back to shocking. Just thank the f--- he's still double quick.:rolleyes:

Weren't anything to do with his position Alfie and besides he was playing in midfield and getting into their box but it was His control and passing, were truly shocking. If i didn't rate kid and think he had it in him I'de have said he was out of his depth. But I'm sure with hodgson he'll live to fight another day.

He was playing wide right in midfield so in case you didn't know this is quiet different to where he has been playing for Spurs where he has either played as a central attacking midfielder or as a more defensive midfielder next to Dier.

Perhaps the bad touches and passing were down to him being nervous and he was probably more nervous being played in a position that he was unaccustomed too so perhaps it was to do with him being played out of position.

If he can go from defensive middie to a central attacking middie he can adapt but it ain't about that. you expect certain things and as i said b4 if i didn't rate the kid i was just looking at that game cold heartedly I'de have said was out of his depth maybe it was nerves maybe not, we'll see.

No ones gonna like this but he reminds me of a young jerrmaine jennas WHEN Robson BROKE HIM THROUGH AT NEWCASTLE. from the lower divs .slightly Leggy, pacy and an eye for goal.

Edited by rijit