Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On 4/17/2017 at 3:25 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

If we lose at Wembley I predict Levy will have us play at the Lane next season even if the gate is halved.

4 hours ago, champers said:

Me too, though much depends on the builders of the new stadium. If they can get 3 sides up for the start of 2018/19 then Spurs will stay at WHL next season. Spurs are the only EPL team unbeaten at home this season.

My understanding is that Levy will decide at the end of this month whether we will play at Wembley 

next season or the season after.

The new stadium can't be completed without the demolition of WHL first, so either way we will need to 

play one season away whatever happens.

It all depends if the build is on schedule to be completed for the start of the 2018 season or the start

of the 2019 season.

http://www.football365.com/news/spurs-delay-decision-over-destination-of-home-games

Edited by sotsira

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My understanding was somewhat different Sots...I was assuming they would try to get the remaining work done next summer?

I don't think that would be the case Ron, If you look at the article link, the ninth paragraph 

states the following:

That would mean potentially moving to Wembley for the 2018-19 campaign, although it is understood the current agreement only applies to next season. Any application for a new time-frame would have to start again from scratch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

A journo, personal friend of Conte, suggesting Alderweirald is unsettled............three days before the semi.

Typical classless chavs.   

And a bit desperate i should add.  Conte must more more rattled than we already thought!!   As the best in the league at what he does he just wants wage parity with the likes of Kane and i'm sure there won't be any problems at all being as he's our defensive lynchpin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carmine said:

And a bit desperate i should add.  Conte must more more rattled than we already thought!!   As the best in the league at what he does he just wants wage parity with the likes of Kane and i'm sure there won't be any problems at all being as he's our defensive lynchpin.

Toby loses out to Cahill for the EPL best eleven. Silliness that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jellydog said:

Toby loses out to Cahill for the EPL best eleven. Silliness that.

Azpilacueta too. With Alderwireld the best defender in the EPL this season. Just goes to show how thick most footballers are.

I,m just watching the "spuds" fans trouping out of Wembley with minutes left to play,yet another pitiful performance in an important game.......another season of pretty football with nothing to show for it :sad:

p.s. thought your manager looked "dapper" wearing his "flasher mac" on the touchline......:cheesy:

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m just watching the "spuds" fans trouping out of Wembley with minutes left to play,yet another pitiful performance in an important game.......another season of pretty football with nothing to show for it :sad:

p.s. thought your manager looked "dapper" wearing his "flasher mac" on the touchline......:cheesy:

We look forward to watching your fans traipse around Europe on Thursday nights next seaon Peter.

Tara son.

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Pitiful performance!!!  Just goes to show how little you know about football.  

The highlights of United's play all season couldn't have filled more than twenty minutes of that match.  Mind you, in fairness, you are a Europa side now so shouldn't expect much more that the turgid route one hoof ball that United have become the purveyors of.  

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

Pitiful performance!!!  Just goes to show how little you know about football.  

The highlights of United's play all season couldn't have filled more than twenty minutes of that match.  Mind you, in fairness, you are a Europa side now so shouldn't expect much more that the turgid route one hoof ball that United have become the purveyors of.  

'United'?

A shame  that 2 pieces of naivety probably cost us the game, not really what you would expect from Toby !!

Pretty much the rest of the game was as normal, most possession, most shots, etc etc, only positive you can take out of the game is at least we can now concentrate 100% on the League for the rest of the season !

4-2 is a hammering in an FA cup semi final,and Chelsea played most of the game with reserves.......painful to watch for the majority of spurs fans, hence so many leaving early.

Another trophyless season nearly over.....but your used to that,my heart goes out to you guys....:sad:

just be satisfied that your North Londons second best club :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, petermik said:

4-2 is a hammering in an FA cup semi final,and Chelsea played most of the game with reserves.......painful to watch for the majority of spurs fans, hence so many leaving early.

Another trophyless season nearly over.....but your used to that,my heart goes out to you guys....:sad:

just be satisfied that your North Londons second best club :thumbsup:

Honestly, how old are you?  :smile:

Interesting,enjoyable game for the neutral. I had the feeling pre match that Chelsea were there for the taking with Spurs playing great football, but you wouldnt expect Matic of all people to hit a thunderbolt.Has he ever scored before ? and leaving Hazard with space is fraught with danger.I thought after the United v Chelsea game someone would have been allocated to not leave him an inch.2 all at FT would probably have reflected the difference in the teams but not to be.

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

A shame  that 2 pieces of naivety probably cost us the game, not really what you would expect from Toby !!

Pretty much the rest of the game was as normal, most possession, most shots, etc etc, only positive you can take out of the game is at least we can now concentrate 100% on the League for the rest of the season !

The idea with Son didn't work, and i don't really understand why he tried it out in a semi final.  Aside of that it was a very tight match and not representative of the scoreline.  Can't begrudge Chelsea the win, they played very well and won key moments in the match.  Can't see Arsenal or City doing anything against them on that showing.  Defensively, neither has what it takes.

Edited by carmine

9 hours ago, petermik said:

I,m just watching the "spuds" fans trouping out of Wembley with minutes left to play

They must have had a long journey back home and got work in the morning. Oh wait a minute, it was in London and on a Saturday.

Wonder if Alfie is going to slag those fans off. I mean, what type of supporter leaves Wembley early in a semi-final when it's only round the corner :shock1:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

They must have had a long journey back home and got work in the morning. Oh wait a minute, it was in London and on a Saturday.

Wonder if Alfie is going to slag those fans off. I mean, what type of supporter leaves Wembley early in a semi-final when it's only round the corner :shock1:

Yep disgusting behaviour, should never leave until the final whistle even if you are losing ! mind you at least the atmosphere at WHL is top notch unlike your own club

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City bosses that improving the Etihad atmosphere must be treated as a priority.