Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Nice of Poch to confirm yesterday that he's going nowhere.  Obviously it won't end speculation but who cares.

It also appears that theres going to be lucrative new contracts being offered and a significant war chest in the t/f market.  I can see three players going although i'm rather bemused to read that R2D2 seems to think that Levy would sell the best center back in the league, at his peak,  for 5m less that his release clause!!  Thats, well, possibly the biggest load of b*llocks you'll ever read on here.

Rose, if he goes won't go cheap.  Being out of favor because he crossed the manager doesn't make him a lesser player and as a left back he'll go for a lot.  Still has a solid five year contract left in him.

Dembele is a tough one to call.  He just can't be given the contract he wants, its totally unfeasible but just how much we'd get is a difficult one to call.

I would like us to get rid of Llorente and promote one of the lads from the academy, possibly Sterling.  

All in all its going to be a critical summer for us in the t/f market but if all goes well we have all to look forward to.  Just need to buckle down and secure that CL berth.

Apologies this sunday morn to the usual suspects as all this is bound to be an early disappointment to the day!!  

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

How about Griffiths?...Before Leipzig tempt him away.

Yes Reo Griffiths.  Only 17yo but bundles of potential.  Theres a minor uproar going on about the possibility of losing him.  Many at the club think that either he or Sterling would be better back ups to Kane than Llorente and to be fair, considering the lack of anything impact made by Llorente its a fair point to make.

I hear Poch spend a lot of time involving himself with whats going on at the academy so i presume he's on the ball regards Griffiths and Sterling is now starting to appear on the bench.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Nice of Poch to confirm yesterday that he's going nowhere.  Obviously it won't end speculation but who cares.

It also appears that theres going to be lucrative new contracts being offered and a significant war chest in the t/f market.  I can see three players going although i'm rather bemused to read that R2D2 seems to think that Levy would sell the best center back in the league, at his peak,  for 5m less that his release clause!!  Thats, well, possibly the biggest load of b*llocks you'll ever read on here.

Rose, if he goes won't go cheap.  Being out of favor because he crossed the manager doesn't make him a lesser player and as a left back he'll go for a lot.  Still has a solid five year contract left in him.

Dembele is a tough one to call.  He just can't be given the contract he wants, its totally unfeasible but just how much we'd get is a difficult one to call.

I would like us to get rid of Llorente and promote one of the lads from the academy, possibly Sterling.  

All in all its going to be a critical summer for us in the t/f market but if all goes well we have all to look forward to.  Just need to buckle down and secure that CL berth.

Apologies this sunday morn to the usual suspects as all this is bound to be an early disappointment to the day!!  

absoulately disneyland stuff.and your mate.the plank cannot answer a a simple kane question .keep up your sugar coating spuds posts.btw what are you smoking. .must be good stuff cobber

Edited by evenstevens

There is nothing to answer.

Simple fact is the new stadium will generate much more money for the club.

How it is spent is up to the chairman and we wait with interest and anticipation.

I'm still hoping Dembele can be given an improved deal on a short contract.

Toby is a definite goner possibly to Spain I reckon.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

How it is spent is up to the chairman and we wait with interest and anticipation.

I'm still hoping Dembele can be given an improved deal on a short contract.

Toby is a definite goner possibly to Spain I reckon.

Wherever Toby is off to its been completely kept under wraps. Precious little talk from Levy, Pochy or Toby.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

y/day you posted that kane had received a new deal which he was happy  with.                                                    i merely asked what the new deal was???                                                             surely u can back up your post       or                                                                    are you selling this footy forum porkies                                                             come on a nice reply would be fitting.one way or the other!!!

21 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I don't disagree with much of that and the Spurs players will be well aware they are being paid under their market value as it stands.

Hopefully that will change in the near future as its been the case with Kane's new deal.

just a bump for you .  r/p what is kanes new deal???

Edited by evenstevens

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

y/day you posted that kane had received a new deal which he was happy  with.                                                    i merely asked what the new deal was???                                                             surely u can back up your post       or                                                                    are you selling this footy forum porkies                                                             come on a nice reply would be fitting.one way or the other!!!

My apologies...offered not received.

On 28/04/2018 at 2:08 AM, carmine said:

Back to Spurs related topics please, the club that welcomes all with open arms and a warm friendly smile.

Heard some b*llsh*t in my time but that comment takes the gold medal.....:whistling:

The obvious point to make here is that we can't keep losing a couple of key players each summer and replacing or we're never going to get to City's level.  The plan must be to strengthen year on year, not maintain.

This is levy's summer to give Poch the tools he needs because we know of the vast revenues that will be coming in from the NFL deal.

On ‎29‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 7:41 AM, carmine said:

Nice of Poch to confirm yesterday that he's going nowhere.  

At a  pre match press conference prior to evening  Watford,s match, Poch would not confirm that he would manager at Spuds next season , in fact he was very coy about the  present sitiuation etc etc ,   see how it unfolds

On ‎29‎/‎4‎/‎2561 at 3:18 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

keep selling  the above  porkie pies plank,  Loser Levy  Spuds are in dire straights , (cash flow difficultities etc etc)  but have a nice arvo

8 hours ago, carmine said:

The obvious point to make here is that we can't keep losing a couple of key players each summer and replacing or we're never going to get to City's level.  The plan must be to strengthen year on year, not maintain.

This is levy's summer to give Poch the tools he needs because we know of the vast revenues that will be coming in from the NFL deal.

be wise to stop your sugar coating Spuds  posts and keep up with the finiancial difficulties, that Spuds Loser Levys is now  presently facing,

^Interesting stuff.

Got me reading about the costs. Someone / some company has seriously estimated the costs wrongly and Spurs could need to sell players to pay for the stadium. The new income from the new stadium is a bit of a myth then until they can pay back the stadium costs.

Cost of Tottenham's new stadium has more than doubled to £1bn
Chairman Daniel Levy is trying to negotiate finance for the stadium build
The new White Hart Lane home was initially expected to cost £400m
61,000-capacity ground increased to £750m and is now expected to cost £1bn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139907/Bill-new-Tottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html

The other interesting point in the article was the one the Spurs fans have been unwilling to entertain:
"One thing can be said for certain and it is that the club’s players have noted with interest how Walker has trebled his salary at City and won the title. Could they do one or both at Tottenham? For Pochettino, the balancing act does not get any easier."

Longterm the new stadium will generate more income if they can fill it - read the fans are revolting over the new season ticket prices - but I think in the short term Spurs are at the crossroads and we may have seen them peak. Wasn't the building of the Emirates Stadium a slowdown in Arsenal?

The cost of building new stadiums does seem to have a major impact!

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Interesting stuff.

Got me reading about the costs. Someone / some company has seriously estimated the costs wrongly and Spurs could need to sell players to pay for the stadium. The new income from the new stadium is a bit of a myth then until they can pay back the stadium costs.

Cost of Tottenham's new stadium has more than doubled to £1bn
Chairman Daniel Levy is trying to negotiate finance for the stadium build
The new White Hart Lane home was initially expected to cost £400m
61,000-capacity ground increased to £750m and is now expected to cost £1bn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139907/Bill-new-Tottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html

The other interesting point in the article was the one the Spurs fans have been unwilling to entertain:
"One thing can be said for certain and it is that the club’s players have noted with interest how Walker has trebled his salary at City and won the title. Could they do one or both at Tottenham? For Pochettino, the balancing act does not get any easier."

Longterm the new stadium will generate more income if they can fill it - read the fans are revolting over the new season ticket prices - but I think in the short term Spurs are at the crossroads and we may have seen them peak. Wasn't the building of the Emirates Stadium a slowdown in Arsenal?

The cost of building new stadiums does seem to have a major impact!

It clearly has not gone unnoticed that you can earn more at West ham and in some cases you can earn more in league 1 than at Spurs. Rodwell on 70k a week at Sunderland being one of many examples where Spurs are paying a lot less for so called top stars. I do not deny their quality one bit but the pay packets are a complete and utter joke by comparison. We need Alfie back showing us the wage packets of Spurs v rest of premireship. Bottom 6 is my bet where Spurs lin regards this statistic.

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"We need Alfie back showing us the wage packets of Spurs v rest of premireship."

You clearly don't know Alfie too well. He shows nothing. HIS tactic is to try to get you to proof. Fun once you know his game.

Sweet I know exactly what you mean and I'm sure JK knows too after demolishing you home and away. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sweet I know exactly what you mean and I'm sure JK knows too after demolishing you home and away. 

JK demolished me? Curious, as I'm just a City fan, but following your bizarre logic I'VE demolished JK 5v0 and currently by TWENTY-ONE points (with a game in hand). :smile:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So I've shown were Spurs 6th in 2016/17 and NOT 15th as you pathetically guessed. No doubt Spurs are around 6th in 2017/18. Prove me wrong R2D2.

OK bitterboy you are I think correct on this occasion.  Looks like Spurs are 6th overall in 2018 too. Does make me want to drill down on the figures a bit as it appears from my data Spurs have a wage bill of 112m and lfc is 140m. Not a big difference. 

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Longterm the new stadium will generate more income if they can fill it - read the fans are revolting over the new season ticket prices -

They're certainly not showing up in numbers tonight. Don't know the attendance yet but the place is empty

Got the three points which i suppose is all last night was about but neither a spectacle of a vote of confidence for winning the last three matches to finish third.  This should be well within our capacity , especially with Liverpool having one eye on the CL, but we just look tired and wanting the season to end.

Trippier had the worst defensive game i've ever seen him have but its not worth singling out one player in what was a flat abject performance.  Roll on the weekend.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Got the three points which i suppose is all last night was about but neither a spectacle of a vote of confidence for winning the last three matches to finish third.  This should be well within our capacity , especially with Liverpool having one eye on the CL, but we just look tired and wanting the season to end.

Trippier had the worst defensive game i've ever seen him have but its not worth singling out one player in what was a flat abject performance.  Roll on the weekend.

I didn't see the game but as BBC has Bury's finest down as MoM I'm guessing you're being sarcastic for an unknown reason?