Tottenham Thread

chonabot

24 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Fair enough if ya want to be chased around the outback by a didgeridoo wielding E/S its none of my business. ?

E/S might possibly be on an extended TV holiday!!  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

E/S might possibly be on an extended TV holiday!!  

Possibly hunkered down in a cave somewhere awaiting the departure of Hazard and Courtois...and the entrance of Avram Grant.:hit-the-fan:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Strong reports we've just put in a bid of 48m for De Ligt.  

if this went through and Toby sold as is anticipated that would mean three of our four center backs would be aged, 18, 20 and 21 respectively.  Thats awful young and inexperienced!!  And Carter-Vickers, who's out on loan is only 20, 

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Strong reports we've just put in a bid of 48m for De Ligt.  

if this went through and Toby sold as is anticipated that would mean three of our four center backs would be aged, 18, 20 and 21 respectively.  Thats awful young and inexperienced!!  And Carter-Vickers, who's out on loan is only 20, 

Still it would be fantastic wouldn't it?

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Still it would be fantastic wouldn't it?

Yes and no.  Winks is 20, Dele 21 Eriksen's still only 25.  This side could end up ridiculously young.

I'd like to see more of balance with age and experience.  Vertonghen must feel geriatric!!

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Yes and no.  Winks is 20, Dele 21 Eriksen's still only 25.  This side could end up ridiculously young.

I'd like to see more of balance with age and experience.  Vertonghen must feel geriatric!!

LOL I reckon Sanchez can handle it....and Verts was superb last season.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Yaya might come in for a quid a week to even things out. :cheesy:

He's such a knob isn't he, has the mental of of a ten year old.  

Still can't believe City didn't bake him a birthday cake.  How nasty and cruel is that!!?

Those two were my picks for our player and young player of the season.

I went for Erikson....as he has been just outstanding.

For young player yes Sanchez.....Delli Alli won't be happy but there it is!!

He's such a knob isn't he, has the mental of of a ten year old.  

Still can't believe City didn't bake him a birthday cake.  How nasty and cruel is that!!?

The toys will be well out of the pram when he can't find a club even for free! ?

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I went for Erikson....as he has been just outstanding.

For young player yes Sanchez.....Delli Alli won't be happy but there it is!!

Going back to the age thing, i just worry that he's building a side that will just be too young and inexperienced to win anything.  I'd like to see two or three seasoned pros alongside the youngsters.  a prime example was outplaying Juve over two legs and getting mugged off because of inexperience, the semi final against United that we just didn't turn up for.....we need a Dave McKay!!

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

Going back to the age thing, i just worry that he's building a side that will just be too young and inexperienced to win anything.  I'd like to see two or three seasoned pros alongside the youngsters.  a prime example was outplaying Juve over two legs and getting mugged off because of inexperience, the semi final against United that we just didn't turn up for.....we need a Dave McKay!!

I don't think its in the Levy dna to buy anyone over 23.

I was trying  to find a picture of McKay and Tony Book the season they were joint players of the year but couldn't  find one. These will do.

Top: Book, OnePenLee, McKay and ?

Bottom: Buzzer and McKay

1A6A7F65000005DC-2978133-Mackay_took_Francis_Lee_to_the_Baseball_Ground_in_1974_and_his_3-a-9_1425422429954.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was trying  to find a picture of McKay and Tony Book the season they were joint players of the year but couldn't  find one. These will do.

Top: Book, OnePenLee, McKay and ?

Bottom: Buzzer and McKay

1A6A7F65000005DC-2978133-Mackay_took_Francis_Lee_to_the_Baseball_Ground_in_1974_and_his_3-a-9_1425422429954.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

The guy behind Franny Lee is Stuart Webb.

9C2E1E14-0988-4678-ADAE-92E15CD827C2-300x225.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mino Raiola representing De Ligt so on hearing that i presume we are pretty much screwed and he'll be going to one of the big spending clubs.  

I have a feeling this is going to be a long hard slog of a transfer window.

Spurs new stadium is the go to site in London for Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) workers. Normal day rates are £160; the Spurs job is paying £400 per day in an all-out attempt to meet their deadline.

One knock on effect is that Crossrail works are amongst others now behind their schedules as workers flock to the Spurs job.

Edited by champers

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Spurs new stadium is the go to site in London for Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) workers. Normal day rates are £160; the Spurs job is paying £400 per day in an all-out attempt to meet their deadline.

One knock on effect is that Crossrail works are amongst others now behind their schedules as workers flock to the Spurs job.

Maybe i should move back to London.

Apparently H has just signed a new contract, can't be true cos he is going to Real Madrid next season besides Spurs wouldn't be able to increase his salary as we don't pay more than 100 grand a week,  anyway i hope it isn't true because we can't afford big wages when we have a 1.5B stadium to pay for and if we do it will probably mean us going skint and the club folding, can things get any worse ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It's just a ploy to push up his price Alfredo....he's off to Madrid after the World Cup.

200m kane and poch combo.

I don't fancy kane this tournament I think he is knackered.

Word is all of our top stars are going to be offered deals doubling their current salary.

Must be fake lads as we all know we have no money and anyway they all want to leave.

Just like Harry ole Kane!

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Word is all of our top stars are going to be offered deals doubling their current salary.

Must be fake lads as we all know we have no money and anyway they all want to leave.

Just like Harry ole Kane!

Even if they double it I bet most would still be on sub 100k but if true it's progress.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Even if they double it I bet most would still be on sub 100k but if true it's progress.

The likes of Alli and Eriksen will be topping 150k a week is my info.

I reckon they will all be signing long deals.

Hearts will be broken on here for sure.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The likes of Alli and Eriksen will be topping 150k a week is my info.

I reckon they will all be signing long deals.

Hearts will be broken on here for sure.

If theyou are smart they will insist on back dating the contracts a year.