Tottenham Thread

chonabot

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

...oh and your new sponsorship deal will be many times that of ours of course it will why lie about that!!

It may or may not be but probably will but why lie about 1bn quid a year from Etihad? Other clubs have just as big if not more sponsorship deals. You guys try to rip apart anyone who dares mention the rising costs of the stadium and that is based on reports (with links to sources) that vary by a few hundred million quid and yet it's fine to just pluck a billion quid from thin air and post it as you "hear" it's our new sponsorship deal. ? 

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well it sounds like he does!!!  Problem is, he has difficulty with numbers, exaggerations.

He's the Dianne Abbott of the forum....did you locate his missing 250m?

I'm happy for you to find the post where you think i exaggerated and I'll find the website who quoted the amount i posted. Ever heard of 'don't shoot the messenger'?

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yet you KNEW our stadium cost had risen to 1.2 bn quid!!

Astonishing!!

Jesus...we're a bit slow on here today. The "stadium cost had risen to 1.2 bn quid" is out there in internetland so WE can all know it but to the best of my knowledge Spurs current account balance is NOT out there in internetland so NONE OF US know it. Doh!

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Obsessed? Me? No.

YOU raised the subject of Spurs stadium, NOT ME; i gave you information on how costs are finalised in the construction and engineering industries.

You will find it less embarrassing if you properly read other's posts before trying to be smart. Just saying.

So what's the latest price on our stadium ? taking into account you normally increase the price by approx 100m a month !

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm happy for you to find the post where you think i exaggerated and I'll find the website who quoted the amount i posted. Ever heard of 'don't shoot the messenger'?

Seems like we all remember the post except your good self.....theres a surprise.  

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

Do you think Germany can still win the tournament?

Stop prattling on with your nonsense, no one has the faintest interest in a clueless troll with know actual knowledge of what he's trolling on about

I was trying to educate you on a subject - construction and engineering industry i am very knowledgeable on - you know nothing about but you choose to remain ignorant and diss me. You couldn't make it up :clap2:

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So what's the latest price on our stadium ? taking into account you normally increase the price by approx 100m a month !

you're asking the forums very own Dianne Abbott?

And he's still clinging to that historic initial estimate of 400m to save face in what has been a truly appalling argument on his part..

I wish he'd just stick to subjects like financial doping in football or someone equally relevant.

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm waiting for a decent striker or winger to embarrass Walker at this World Cup....and it WILL happen.

Bring it on!!

Trippier's crossing still needs improvement but Walker should be crossing the ball at Northamptonshire third division level he's that bad!

He's a good un that Trippier eh. Where did he learn his trade? 

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It may or may not be but probably will but why lie about 1bn quid a year from Etihad? Other clubs have just as big if not more sponsorship deals. You guys try to rip apart anyone who dares mention the rising costs of the stadium and that is based on reports (with links to sources) that vary by a few hundred million quid and yet it's fine to just pluck a billion quid from thin air and post it as you "hear" it's our new sponsorship deal. ? 

As an example of the sheer stupidity of such posts.

"Stadium costs rise!"

Hardly a surprise to hear building costs rising....the price of a cup of tea rises or a ploughmans lunch....however to suggest we have bankrupted ourselves in the process is just stupidity and was suggested on here numerous times by the usual muppets.

I put it down to jealousy....and on that note I hope your new deal is a good one cos I haven't heard any Bale or Messi rumours for your lot....not yet anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was trying to educate you on a subject - construction and engineering industry i am very knowledgeable on - you know nothing about but you choose to remain ignorant and diss me. You couldn't make it up :clap2:

I wouldn't want you costing my house build....I'd end up building a tent cos its all I could afford!

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He's a good un that Trippier eh. Where did he learn his trade? 

Yes credit where due...however you were too busy buying Brazilians to see what lay  under your noses....more fool you.

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

City's sponsorships, including the stadium naming, were investigated and the verdict was no wrong doing but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of long running myths eh. 

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

Seems like we all remember the post except your good self.....theres a surprise.  

So if you remember the post so well you'll have no trouble finding it and reposting it will you, and then I'll find the news report i took it from. I'm waiting.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City's sponsorships, including the stadium naming, were investigated and the verdict was no wrong doing but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of long running myths eh. 

Your net spend was 221m quid last season my old son.

Nice bit of sponsorship my jogging on friend.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

"Stadium costs rise!"

Hardly a surprise to hear building costs rising....the price of a cup of tea rises or a ploughmans lunch....however to suggest we have bankrupted ourselves in the process is just stupidity and was suggested on here numerous times by the usual muppets.

To be fair, I think you might be exaggerating a tad. As far as I remember nobody has stated you have bankrupted yourselves. From what I remember, the main points made about the increasing stadium costs where how you intend to repay i.e. by putting up prices to loyal fans and that there won't be money for you to spend on top class players.

If you can find a post where someone has stated that you have bankrupted yourselves, then I must have missed it

Just now, mrbojangles said:

To be fair, I think you might be exaggerating a tad. As far as I remember nobody has stated you have bankrupted yourselves. From what I remember, the main points made about the increasing stadium costs where how you intend to repay i.e. by putting up prices to loyal fans and that there won't be money for you to spend on top class players.

If you can find a post where someone has stated that you have bankrupted yourselves, then I must have missed it

To be fair that was the misplaced Brummie I believe who at least insinuated that.

Anyway we're talking about your daft transfers lad do keep up! 

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

you're asking the forums very own Dianne Abbott?

And he's still clinging to that historic initial estimate of 400m to save face in what has been a truly appalling argument on his part..

I wish he'd just stick to subjects like financial doping in football or someone equally relevant.

I haven't made any argument, i merely posted a media report of spurs stadium cost increase - those reports are out there on good websites (BBC, Guardian, etc.) and will have been substantiated before being reported so you can be sure what's being reported is fact. It seems to have upset you Carmine. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Not sure I understand your point there mate

I would say most clubs can't afford to pay that kind of money for squad players but then I remembered our injury prone midfielder.

Point is valid however....221m quid net spend last year.

Nice bit of sponsorship that is!

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

"Stadium costs rise!"

I put it down to jealousy....and on that note I hope your new deal is a good one cos I haven't heard any Bale or Messi rumours for your lot....not yet anyway.

1. Seems to be a big surprise to Carmine that your stadium cost has increased as he seems to be in denial.

2. Don't recall anybody mentioning the possibility of the increased stadium cost bankrupting Spurs, it was more the likelihood of it having an effect on your buying of players in the coming seasons.

3. I seriously doubt any of the City, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal posters on here are at all jealous of Spurs at any level - why would we be?

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I would say most clubs can't afford to pay that kind of money for squad players but then I remembered our injury prone midfielder.

Point is valid however....221m quid net spend last year.

Nice bit of sponsorship that is!

You do realise that Football Clubs are a business don't you? Your in the business of selling all your best players and we aren't. And by not selling our best players we win things and become more attractive to high paying sponsors, thus earning more money and not having to sell our best players. However, if Spurs ambition is to top the net spend on players league I am truly happy for you. How big is that trophy again?

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Seems to be a big surprise to Carmine that your stadium cost has increased as he seems to be in denial.

2. Don't recall anybody mentioning the possibility of the increased stadium cost bankrupting Spurs, it was more the likelihood of it having an effect on your buying of players in the coming seasons.

3. I seriously doubt any of the City, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal posters on here are at all jealous of Spurs at any level - why would we be?

We do though seem to get right under your skin.  ?

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise that Football Clubs are a business don't you? Your in the business of selling all your best players and we aren't. And by not selling our best players we win things and become more attractive to high paying sponsors, thus earning more money and not having to sell our best players. However, if Spurs ambition is to top the net spend on players league I am truly happy for you. How big is that trophy again?

It's this big

th_847159327_golf_trophy_122_43lo.jpeg

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Our ambition is to win the league and CL but in doing it we would be operating within our means.  Carry on about the net spend league as much as you like,  theres nothing wrong with operating within your means.  City should try it sometime and then we'd really see how good you are.

Sorry if that sounds so hard for City fans to stomach.  You just keep doing what you are doing, as hollow as it is viewed by others...then we'll all be happy.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So if you remember the post so well you'll have no trouble finding it and reposting it will you, and then I'll find the news report i took it from. I'm waiting.

Here ya go BB, from May :

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1