Tottenham Thread

chonabot

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You do realise that Football Clubs are a business don't you? Your in the business of selling all your best players and we aren't. And by not selling our best players we win things and become more attractive to high paying sponsors, thus earning more money and not having to sell our best players. However, if Spurs ambition is to top the net spend on players league I am truly happy for you. How big is that trophy again?

It would be far more credible were it a pure business decision regarding some of your sponsorships.

Its not however....its a simple case of funding rather than sponsorship really hidden behind a thin veil.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ah but you don't. But do keep pitching them up and I'll keep knocking them for 6.

Then why do you continue to make a tit of yourself on a daily basis?  For our amusement is it?

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Seems to be a big surprise to Carmine that your stadium cost has increased as he seems to be in denial.

2. Don't recall anybody mentioning the possibility of the increased stadium cost bankrupting Spurs, it was more the likelihood of it having an effect on your buying of players in the coming seasons.

3. I seriously doubt any of the City, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal posters on here are at all jealous of Spurs at any level - why would we be?

From BJ :

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Bunch of no good rotten to the core financial dopers.  

Their hollow victories are rather meaningless really....in years to come Citeh will be talked about in the same terms as Blackburn....?

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

From BJ :

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

I sense unease in the dock Alfredo! :clap2:

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Carry on about the net spend league as much as you like,  theres nothing wrong with operating within your means.  City should try it sometime and then we'd really see how good you are.

It's not me who brings it up. I'm just responding to the Spurs lot who do bring it up.

As for us trying it. Are you having a Giraffe? We tried it for decades with owners who hadn't enough money and got nowhere cos clubs with more money win everything. I am extremely happy with our lot now thanks.

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

To be fair, I think you might be exaggerating a tad. As far as I remember nobody has stated you have bankrupted yourselves. From what I remember, the main points made about the increasing stadium costs where how you intend to repay i.e. by putting up prices to loyal fans and that there won't be money for you to spend on top class players.

If you can find a post where someone has stated that you have bankrupted yourselves, then I must have missed it

Only yourself, short memory ah !!!!

·       Posted May 2

·        The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

Edited by alfieconn

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not me who brings it up. I'm just responding to the Spurs lot who do bring it up.

As for us trying it. Are you having a Giraffe? We tried it for decades with owners who hadn't enough money and got nowhere cos clubs with more money win everything. I am extremely happy with our lot now thanks.

BB don't see it like that mrboj....he sees nothing but eternal fair play and thinks all of your players are carried in by storks and all are desperate to play for the blues.

The delusion is fascinating actually.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Our ambition is to win the league and CL but in doing it we would be operating within our means.  Carry on about the net spend league as much as you like,  theres nothing wrong with operating within your means.  City should try it sometime and then we'd really see how good you are.

Sorry if that sounds so hard for City fans to stomach.  You just keep doing what you are doing, as hollow as it is viewed by others...then we'll all be happy.

Ipswich, Everton, Liverpool, ManU, City, Leeds, Arsenal, Derby, Forest, Villa, Blackburn, Chelsea and Leicester (13 clubs) have all shown the ambition to be Champions of England in the past 57 years 2 months and 12 days since Spurs showed any ambition. Think about that for a club of your size and resources over that time period to have failed to be Champions. Jealous...not half!

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Their hollow victories are rather meaningless really....in years to come Citeh will be talked about in the same terms as Blackburn....?

?? Oh how I laughed. If it helps you to stop crying yourself to sleep at night, then carry on believing that Ronnie  

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Only yourself, short memory ah !!!!

·       Posted May 2

·        The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling?

Difficulty in reading again alfie

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Clearly you were joining in with the 1.2bn quid cabal dear boy.

"It could ruin you"

Damning words mrboj....and in the end we haven't sold anyone!

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not at all,

You said it would ruin us,

so what did you mean ? you also said  

How are you going to repay that deb't

By saying that you implied we would be bankrupt and also happened to be bollo  x

But no doubt your try and wriggle out of what you said, as always !!

Edited by alfieconn

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Clearly you were joining in with the 1.2bn quid cabal dear boy.

"It could ruin you"

Damning words mrboj....and in the end we haven't sold anyone!

I had higher hopes of you Ronnie. Your like a red top

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

8 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not at all,

Which also turns out to be bollo  x

And i did try so hard to explain to them that all would be ok when Uncle Joe flew back from the Bahamas....and so it was!!!  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Here ya go BB, from May :

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality.

Well we are waiting !!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not at all,

Which also turns out to be bollo  x

I never said "you have bankrupted yourselves" I said  "The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you" and it was based on how you intend to repay the loan. If you don't know the difference between have and could then I cannot help. But to elaborate on my point. The "could ruin you" bit was about if you struggle to repay, something has to give and that could be by either putting up prices to your fans (I note you didn't put that quote up which I remember writing) or you may have to sell more players which would mean ditching your aspirations to be at the top.

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about someone just mentioning the possibility

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I never said "you have bankrupted yourselves" I said  "The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you" and it was based on how you intend to repay the loan. If you don't know the difference between have and could then I cannot help. But to elaborate on my point. The "could ruin you" bit was about if you struggle to repay, something has to give and that could be by either putting up prices to your fans (I note you didn't put that quote up which I remember writing) or you may have to sell more players which would mean ditching your aspirations to be at the top.

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about it

There was no footy yesterday...we need something to talk about!!

Gawd let's see some transfer biz or a Rooney tart or SOMETHING <deleted>.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If you guys think your owners has it all covered then fine by me (I wouldn't care if you did go belly up) but I don't understand why you all have to be such snowflakes about someone just mentioning the possibility

Because the foundations of your argument is made up of nothing more than media heresy and without one shred of fact.  And then we have our intelligence seriously questioned to the max by BB,  trying to tell us that the build start based on a price of 400m submitted seven years prior.  Thats taking the piss out of the argument.

Thats why i get irritated, can't speak for the other.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

There was no footy yesterday...we need something to talk about!!

Gawd let's see some transfer biz or a Rooney tart or SOMETHING <deleted>.

Well I'm about done for the day. Wife and daughter flew to Thailand yesterday leaving me to my own devices for 5 weeks. So all the married lot have took pity on me, inviting me to sunday roasts, suppers and this afternoon it's a BBQ. I can't bring myself round to telling them I want to be left alone to watch footy and movies with the surround sound on full blast

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

And i did try so hard to explain to them that all would be ok when Uncle Joe flew back from the Bahamas....and so it was!!!  

Yep nothing changes in Spursland...Spurs clock keeps on clicking:

10 years 4 months and 7 days since you won a trophy

57 years 2 months 11 days since you were Champions of England

...and so it was!!!

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep nothing changes in Spursland...Spurs clock keeps on clicking:

10 years 4 months and 7 days since you won a trophy

57 years 2 months 11 days since you were Champions of England

...and so it was!!!

Last time I went to see a City game was 2005 and you lot were a pile of manure BB....just thank your benefactor and move along laddie....oh and stop trying to pretend you're a big club.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Batteries almost gone...keep on pitching them up in my absence...as the great Arnie said "I'll be back" to hit them to the boundary ?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm happy for you to find the post where you think i exaggerated and I'll find the website who quoted the amount i posted. Ever heard of 'don't shoot the messenger'?

So if you remember the post so well you'll have no trouble finding it and reposting it will you, and then I'll find the news report i took it from. I'm waiting.

Here ya go BB, from May :

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality.