Tottenham Thread

chonabot

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

After last season's  performance  it is hard to see Chelsea winning something  but they do have  a  habit of winning  - most successful  club in England since 2005 i read recently.

Wasn't Hazard great to watch at the WC - looked to be enjoying himself.

Hazard is a great player at his prime.

He's definitely going to try to switch to Madrid this summer.

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So players for what positions do you need to buy?

Depends who is leaving.

A midfielder to replace Dembele and a backup striker as that role has not yet been effectively filled.

Mbappe would be nice if we have any change left over.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So players for what positions do you need to buy?

Trying to flog off your youth team players?  We know they will never play for City, so you can bask in a second hand reflected glory when they end up somewhere else, e.g. Trippier.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jellydog said:

Talented that lad, but a bit Wilsherish ?

Specially If dembele leaves someone to run at c defences and take chances against packed defences is an.area we will need  to strengthen, wilsherish admirably but rather stupidly went in were he shouldnt have hence so many injuries.. grealish same but not quite so careles  me .. i'de sneek in and maybe while theres manegerial upset ..try 4  loftus cheek..power touch, quick enuf feet  a touch of pace enuf  2  go past defenders  he gets his finishing 'right' could be a class act. But its still an 'if'

31 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Specially If dembele leaves someone to run at c defences and take chances against packed defences is an.area we will need  to strengthen, wilsherish admirably but rather stupidly went in were he shouldnt have hence so many injuries.. grealish same but not quite so careles  me .. i'de sneek in and maybe while theres manegerial upset ..try 4  loftus cheek..power touch, quick enuf feet  a touch of pace enuf  2  go past defenders  he gets his finishing 'right' could be a class act. But its still an 'if'

Loftus Cheek is certainly the best English offering out there but the price would be steep.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Trying to flog off your youth team players?  We know they will never play for City, so you can bask in a second hand reflected glory when they end up somewhere else, e.g. Trippier.

I was only trying to get in a bit of dialogue with Ronnie to find out what positions Spurs were looking to strengthen but apparently they only need to buy if someone leaves.

Trippier was coming through at City just around the  time we were competing  to be Premier champions in 2010 to 2012 and ahead of him were Richards and Zabeleta, he wasn't  the player then he is now, wasn’t  likely  to break through, so the decision was made to sell on. 

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was only trying to get in a bit of dialogue with Ronnie to find out what positions Spurs were looking to strengthen but apparently they only need to buy if someone leaves.

Trippier was coming through at City just around the  time we were competing  to be Premier champions in 2010 to 2012 and ahead of him were Richards and Zabeleta, he wasn't  the player then he is now, wasn’t  likely  to break through, so the decision was made to sell on. 

Like anyone we crave more quality all over the park.

Finding that without spending huge money is not easy so you'll find we have to scout around a lot more than the money is no object clubs.

We already have a very good team so options to buy are somewhat limited.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Croatia win please....big bucks riding on this one!

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hoping he's going to be one of the Golden nuggets to come through. And he think he has every chance. Needs to put a bit of timber on I reckon

Silva's replacement? I reckon he will give it one more year to try for a Champs League win then get back to Spain. Doesn't he want to finish up at Las Palmas? 

12 minutes ago, champers said:

Silva's replacement? I reckon he will give it one more year to try for a Champs League win then get back to Spain. Doesn't he want to finish up at Las Palmas? 

Yeah that's what he has always wanted. Bernado is also lined up to replace him but if Foden progresses as we hope he could do the job. Very tricky and a good passer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

With Sarri it will utterly be dependent on how much cash he is allowed to spend.

A poor attempt at antagonising there by the way.

Yes it was wasn't it!!!!?

27 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Heard anything about transfers in or out carms?

It all seems very quiet I must say!!

Heard nought mate.  But as you said before, the world cup needed to finish to get things cracking

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

Hugo makes the odd howler, no denying that but he's without doubt a top class keeper.

Champers is referring to this "slow loris".:wink:

index.jpg

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1