Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Depends upon perspective I suppose.

A swap deal with Willian?

Willian is dog average. And regardless of whatever ludicrous price tag is put on him.  Doesn't score enough goals, doesn't create enough goals.

Edited by carmine

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This has to be the most boring transfer window in history especially given all of the clubs have plenty of cash through the new TV deal.

All set of a bonanza last week.  

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Will Daniel pull a rabbit out of the hat ?

Will it be us or the chavs ?

Many questions !

I live in hope but can't see where its coming from.  And the rabbit ain't Grealish, thats for sure!

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Levy will sign someone....I hope its not a desperation purchase a la Sissoko.

I think you mentioned Pulisic the other day.  Yes, thats a no brainer at a price tag set at 62m unless someone comes in with a really stupid offer.  He's brilliant, ticks all the boxes and we can sell off to bring in the cash to buy.  Now that would be a coup getting him.

Kovacic was and is understudy to Modric so that doesn't make him a poor player.  He wants out, again ticks all our boxes but will Real Madrid sanction him leaving?  Will Lloris have a part in it?

Everything completely up in the air for now.

• Like 1

its the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium....no naming rights!  No t very original and don't the club no were in severe financial problem, stadium cost spiraling out of control based off a 400m build and gloaters "eager to see how this one plays out!!!"  Goes without saying there couldn't possibly be any money in the transfer budget either.???

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

its the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium....no naming rights!  No t very original and don't the club no were in severe financial problem, stadium cost spiraling out of control based off a 400m build and gloaters "eager to see how this one plays out!!!"  Goes without saying there couldn't possibly be any money in the transfer budget either.???

Yes I was expecting the EasyJet stadium with Levy wearing an orange jumpsuit to every home game. ?

50 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Levy will sign someone....I hope its not a desperation purchase a la Sissoko.

So there's no talk about Sissoko being moved on ? Surely Spurs would take a loss, but still ! I wonder what kind of wages he's on.

7 minutes ago, jellydog said:

So there's no talk about Sissoko being moved on ? Surely Spurs would take a loss, but still ! I wonder what kind of wages he's on.

Apparently Poch and his coaching team rate what Sissoko "does" but it appears none of us, in fact, no one else does!!!

He'll probably score a hat trick against Newcastle now on the 11th.

I believe he's on 70k a week.

Edited by carmine

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Apparently Poch and his coaching team rate what Sissoko "does" but it appears none of us, in fact, no one else does!!!

He'll probably score a hat trick against Newcastle now on the 11th.

I believe he's on 70k a week.

Amazing !

39 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Amazing !

Yes, i think its fair to say there are generations of Spurs fans scratching their heads about the Sissoko situation.

I just hope its not a case of Pochettino refusing to accept he was a disastrous buy.

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes, i think its fair to say there are generations of Spurs fans scratching their heads about the Sissoko situation.

I just hope its not a case of Pochettino refusing to accept he was a disastrous buy.

Pochy does seem to have a bit of Arsene in him I think. You could wonder about his apparent dedication to Lamela as well. Admittedly not in the same universe as Sissoko though.

22 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Pochy does seem to have a bit of Arsene in him I think. You could wonder about his apparent dedication to Lamela as well. Admittedly not in the same universe as Sissoko though.

Well Lamela is very suited to the Poch pressing game.  And he's a hard worker, tackles well.  He has under achieved during his stint at Spurs but a lot of that has been down to endless injuries.  I simply don't see anything in Sissoko.  To me, he doesn't even look like a professional football on the pitch.

One aspect of Poch that i'm really not sure about is his substitutions.  He does not make the changes earlier enough in the game to make the difference required and i'm yet to fathom if its down to him or his lack of bench options.

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well Lamela is very suited to the Poch pressing game.  And he's a hard worker, tackles well.  He has under achieved during his stint at Spurs but a lot of that has been down to endless injuries.  I simply don't see anything in Sissoko.  To me, he doesn't even look like a professional football on the pitch.

One aspect of Poch that i'm really not sure about is his substitutions.  He does not make the changes earlier enough in the game to make the difference required and i'm yet to fathom if its down to him or his lack of bench options.

I see Lamela as a decent squad player but not much more. I doubt he's ever going to be much of an asset in attack. He still is too cute with the ball at his feet and frequently dispossessed as a result. There will be the occasional nice through ball and a goal from time to time. I don't think he is emotionally mature enough to figure out where he is lacking. You'd think he could learn something from watching Eriksen. Protect the ball, be patient, and pick your spots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I think you mentioned Pulisic the other day.  Yes, thats a no brainer at a price tag set at 62m unless someone comes in with a really stupid offer.  He's brilliant, ticks all the boxes and we can sell off to bring in the cash to buy.  Now that would be a coup getting him.

Kovacic was and is understudy to Modric so that doesn't make him a poor player.  He wants out, again ticks all our boxes but will Real Madrid sanction him leaving?  Will Lloris have a part in it?

Everything completely up in the air for now.

Not sure that we will buy Kovacic or anyone else in that role if Dembele is not moved on, besides i'm not sure that we will play with 2 deep mids next season !

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not sure that we will buy Kovacic or anyone else in that role if Dembele is not moved on, besides i'm not sure that we will play with 2 deep mids next season !

Dembele is the key, i agree.  We can sell him easily though unless Levy is asking a monstrous amount of money.  

Seems simple enough to go all out to get a replacement in the knowledge we can move Dembele on at a moments notice if needed.  

I've read reports suggesting that Levy/Pochettino never had any intention of moving in the market till very late but i don't believe it.  To my mind this is exactly what Poch didn't want.  Look at the others...City all in situ and just got stronger, United and Liverpool all done and done early, Arsenal business done very early and all getting to know each other.  Chelsea very up in the for obvious reasons so that leaves us.  Playing catch at the start of the season as per usual.

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

I see Lamela as a decent squad player but not much more. I doubt he's ever going to be much of an asset in attack. He still is too cute with the ball at his feet and frequently dispossessed as a result. There will be the occasional nice through ball and a goal from time to time. I don't think he is emotionally mature enough to figure out where he is lacking. You'd think he could learn something from watching Eriksen. Protect the ball, be patient, and pick your spots.

I tell my kids off for doing that.

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Hard to believe  you've  not seen able to sell the stadium naming rights but until you do wouldn't  it have been  better  to call it WHL or New WHL?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hard to believe  you've  not seen able to sell the stadium naming rights but until you do wouldn't  it have been  better  to call it WHL or New WHL?

Its boring but at least we are not named after a Middle East airline.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its boring but at least we are not named after a Middle East airline.

Defensive as usual i see. 

We got a shit load of money for being named after a Middle East airline - just think how many players that could buy you.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Defensive as usual i see. 

We got a shit load of money for being named after a Middle East airline - just think how many players that could buy you.

I'm sure you will get a much better deal when its "renegotiated".

"How much does Pep need?"

"350m quid"

"OK new stadium rights deal....350m a year sound OK?"

11 hours ago, alfieconn said:

We might be playing with none at the beginning of the season as I hear Wanyama has broken down again....if Dembele leaves we will be playing Dier there.

Don't mention that womble Sissoko please.

ITK reckons Toby off to United for 55m, to be announced very soon.  (No Martial in any deal)

Have to say if this happens its great news, Aside of the handsome fee were getting it will more importantly get other deals moving which is whats needed.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

ITK reckons Toby off to United for 55m, to be announced very soon.  (No Martial in any deal)

Have to say if this happens its great news, Aside of the handsome fee were getting it will more importantly get other deals moving which is whats needed.

Nooooo !! I don't want to see Toby at Man United. I much prefer Phil Jones and Chris Smalling !:sad:

• Like 1