Tottenham Thread

chonabot

So Wanyama has broken down again!!  Already back in London.  This presents a problem already because Harry Winks is still not fit enough and Oliver Skipp and Luke Amos are just too young.

What was great too see was the performance of academy player, Anthony Georgiou.  Keep an eye on him. 

And why buy Grealish when Winks is a better player anyway?  I hope that deal falls through.

Edited by carmine

I see this thread is going strong.....now page 1961.....uncanny really as this was the year your club last won the English league title.....good luck in the coming season as always :thumbsup:

p.s. there is no need you spuds fans to reply as high blood pressure isn,t good......just take my comment as an attempt at humour......smile and enjoy your day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

So Wanyama has broken down again!!  Already back in London.  This presents a problem already because Harry Winks is still not fit enough and Oliver Skipp and Luke Amos are just too young.

What was great too see was the performance of academy player, Anthony Georgiou.  Keep an eye on him. 

And why buy Grealish when Winks is a better player anyway?  I hope that deal falls through.

The big positive was how relaxed Poch seemed about it all....there must be a decent deal or two in the pipeline!

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The big positive was how relaxed Poch seemed about it all....there must be a decent deal or two in the pipeline!

You would think so, but Pochy is an expert in maintaining squad harmony. No asinine disruptions to rock the boat a la Mourinho or Conte.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

You would think so, but Pochy is an expert in maintaining squad harmony. No asinine disruptions to rock the boat a la Mourinho or Conte.

Listening to Mourinho moaning about his list of five players and how he's only getting one of them for Xmas warmed my heart.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

There has to be.  Our main midfield prospects from with are still embryos and not ready for the EPL.  

I suppose we have to sit back and convince ourselves that this is a planned tactic, but one i dislike nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Gawd....now Poch is suggesting we might not sign anyone.

This window is pure torture.

I wouldn't read a lot into that.  I think Toby will be announced soon or Mourinho's toys will be flying out the pram.  Toby off for a cool 55m and then things will hopefully kick off.......or not!!?

59 minutes ago, carmine said:

I wouldn't read a lot into that.  I think Toby will be announced soon or Mourinho's toys will be flying out the pram.  Toby off for a cool 55m and then things will hopefully kick off.......or not!!?

If the intention is Grealish and Martial I'd be happy to sign no one to be honest.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If the intention is Grealish and Martial I'd be happy to sign no one to be honest.

I think we can forget about about Martial and Winks is a better player than Grealish, imo.

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think we can forget about about Martial and Winks is a better player than Grealish, imo.

There are top quality players out there who could be bought....especially now the ceiling for wages has been lifted.

What are we waiting for!!

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bluesniffingglue is my new nickname for you when you troll so obviously.

Bore off there's a good lad.

Oh he's still at it, theres a surprise.  He seems to be running out of posters to troll, as the ignore list lengthens!!?

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bluesniffingglue is my new nickname for you when you troll so obviously.

Bore off there's a good lad.

Oh he's still at it, theres a surprise.  He seems to be running out of posters to troll, as the ignore list lengthens!!?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You've just built a brand new house. The builder is charging you twice as much as your original estimate. Your wife says she'd like a new car. You tell her how much you've just spent and suggest you keep the old car going for another year.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Trolling is "someone who leaves an intentionally annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble"

• Thanks 2

Several people, including myself, have been  making the point on here for a while now that your spending on players may be affected this and coming transfer windows due to your overspend on your stadium. Now i accept none of us have the inside track on Levys and Pochs thinking here, but I'm pretty Arsenals spending was affected by the cost of building their stadium and it most likely is a factor in your signings, like it or not.

Looks like you've dodged Grealish as he seems to be staying put! Woodburn has gone to Sheff Utd on loan.

"Villa wanted Ben Woodburn on loan but #LFC wanted to see Grealish moved on first due to fears over whether he'd play enough. Sheffield United have been keen all summer."

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Looks like you've dodged Grealish as he seems to be staying put! Woodburn has gone to Sheff Utd on loan.

"Villa wanted Ben Woodburn on loan but #LFC wanted to see Grealish moved on first due to fears over whether he'd play enough. Sheffield United have been keen all summer."

Yes that one is a bullet like the Everton lad who ended up at the chavs.

I can't even remember his name. ?

16 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm really hoping Pulisic ends up at the Lane...that would do for me.

Not a chance........especially if he's seen our new kit, its awful!!

Joking apart, i've completely given up on the prospect of Levy making anything approaching a marquee signing.  And its probably going to be the reason we'll eventually lose our manager.  Sorry to put such a downer on things but its just the way i see it.  Why are we even looking at the likes of Grealish when we have better prospects at our academy, in the likes of Luke Amos and Oliver Skipp!! And theres also Harry Winks coming back from injury.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Joking apart, i've completely given up on the prospect of Levy making anything approaching a marquee signing.  And its probably going to be the reason we'll eventually lose our manager.  Sorry to put such a downer on things but its just the way i see it.  Why are we even looking at the likes of Grealish when we have better prospects at our academy, in the likes of Luke Amos and Oliver Skipp!! And theres also Harry Winks coming back from injury.

Can see the writing on the wall when almost any player is being asked 50m quid plus.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can see the writing on the wall when almost any player is being asked 50m quid plus.

This is why most clubs will have to produce players from their academy.  

And FIFA, whilst being a corrupt,  useless, poorly functioning train crash of an organization has got to start putting caps on fees, salaries act or the sport is going to implode.

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

And with Higuain loaned out to Milan that doesn't help either. Pulisic's value increased and word is Dortmund may not be interested in selling him anyway.

I still think Levy will pull off something at the last minute, but what ?

Just now, carmine said:

This is why most clubs will have to produce players from their academy.  

And FIFA, whilst being a corrupt,  useless, poorly functioning train crash of an organization has got to start putting caps on fees, salaries act or the sport is going to implode.

Fully agreed with that. It has worked fairly well in USA sports, though it hasn't prevented the Golden State Warriors from becoming a dynasty.

I can't see FIFA making any changes though. They are fully in bed with the big clubs.