Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

And with Higuain loaned out to Milan that doesn't help either. Pulisic's value increased and word is Dortmund may not be interested in selling him anyway.

I still think Levy will pull off something at the last minute, but what ?

Every Spurs supporter i know is sick of his last minute shenanigans and thinks its counter productive.  We always seem to start the new season playing catch up.

I really liked the way Unai Emery came in a set about doing his transfer business early and efficiently.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

Fully agreed with that. It has worked fairly well in USA sports, though it hasn't prevented the Golden State Warriors from becoming a dynasty.

I can't see FIFA making any changes though. They are fully in bed with the big clubs.

Yes they do seem to be don't they.  To me, FIFA, post Blatter appears just as corrupt as it ever was.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

Every Spurs supporter i know is sick of his last minute shenanigans and thinks its counter productive.  We always seem to start the new season playing catch up.

I really liked the way Unai Emery came in a set about doing his transfer business early and efficiently.

Any last day signing will certainly have to start packing there and then cos it will be as total a surprise to him as it will us!

"This is why most clubs will have to produce players from their academy."

Don't most English clubs have an academy (junior/youth teams), and all have to produce players from their academy no matter how rich or poor they are; nothing new/nothing changed. If you are able to produce youngsters good enough to progress to your first team that's a bonus, but if not then you hope they will be good enough to sell on and make a profit. Some clubs are cutting back though on their junior teams; my nephew was  a coach (i think of u13s) at Huddersfield but they closed that age group down so he had to move on to Blackbum. 

That is perhaps a whole thread of its own BB....lower league teams cancelling youth or kids teams is irresponsible from a club development perspective but worse turning more and more kids into couch potatoes is a disaster.

Hate to hear that at Huddersfield and I'm sure other clubs have the issue too.

Meanwhile Sanchez picks up 500k quid a week....and some on here think everything is rosy in the game.

My ticket for Fulham btw was 55 quid....although I do have a very decent row 6 centre seat its still a lot of money to watch a game of football.

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I keep reading about all of the players we've "missed out on" lol.

Must be boring having to write articles every day when there is nothing happening!

If Levy's gambling on forcing United's hand with Alderweirald then its a dangerous play.  Toby's a better center back than Maguire but he's older.  If it backfires and they do a deal with Leicester it could scupper everything else because we must sell in order to buy.  Depends on whether Mourinho is prepared to hold out for Toby.

Edited by carmine

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

If Levy's gambling on forcing United's hand with Alderweirald then its a dangerous play.  Toby's a better center back than Maguire but he's older.  If it backfires and they do a deal with Leicester it could scupper everything else because we must sell in order to buy.  Depends on whether Mourinho is prepared to hold out for Toby.

I don't think Mourinho has been given a big enough budget to buy Maguire....but we'll see.

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why in any case would Leicester sell now?

They mugged Citeh over Mahrez and have cash in the bank aplenty surely?

True.  Still a dangerous game Levy's playing though.  In truth we've known Toby's going for a while now so we might as well mug off United for 55m and be done with it.  Unfortunately him and Bailly would make a terrific center back pairing.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

True.  Still a dangerous game Levy's playing though.  In truth we've known Toby's going for a while now so we might as well mug off United for 55m and be done with it.  Unfortunately him and Bailly would make a terrific center back pairing.

Perhaps the lack of signings is down to Levy but there does seem to be a general lack of teams wanting to let their best players go even for good money, Leicester with Maguire being a prime example, years ago Leicester would have bit Utd's hand off for 65m or equivalent but not today.

Apart from Liverpool and perhaps the Arse no one has really signed who they have needed, Mourinho's still want's a couple, City still haven't signed a def mid that they want, chavs only one signing   and obviously us.

Going back to Toby, surely if we let him go which i hope we do, especially for over 50m then we must replace him !

Edited by alfieconn

43 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Perhaps the lack of signings is down to Levy but there does seem to be a general lack of teams wanting to let their best players go even for good money, Leicester with Maguire being a prime example, years ago Leicester would have bit Utd's hand off for 65m or equivalent but not today.

Apart from Liverpool and perhaps the Arse no one has really signed who they have needed, Mourinho's still want's a couple, City still haven't signed a def mid that they want, chavs only one signing   and obviously us.

Going back to Toby, surely if we let him go which i hope we do, especially for over 50m then we must replace him !

We all know who we'd like to replace him with but the Dutch ain't having it!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The flip side to this is Toby's release clause of £25M that kicks in 

August 2019.

So is he worth keeping for another season and getting £25M instead 

of £50M.

Considering the cost of a replacement + 1 season's wages.

it could be on Levy's mind. 

Oliver Skipp is showing remarkable confidence and maturity for a 17yo.  I think we might see him make a couple of first team showings in the cup this season.  Same with Anthony Georgiou.  Add to those two,  Amos, Sterling and Whiteman, John McDermott is really starting to produce some talent, which baring in mind the transfer markets gone berserk, is not a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Seems pretty clear that is Man Yoo make a proper offer for Toby its going to be a last minute dash.

The usual stonewall Levy tactics.

Well thats no good to us, we need time to close any incomings.  This t/f window has really pissed me off but to be fair, theres not been anything going on recently.

13 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/02/levy-backlash-from-spurs-fans-if-chelsea-sign-villas-grealish-fo/

I seem to remember they signed some useless midfielder from the Toffees too.

What a useless piece of old toss that is!!   I don't know a single Spurs who particularly gives a hoot whether we sign him or not.  Its not like he's strengthen us, he'd just be an squad player behind Harry Winks in the pecking order.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

What a useless piece of old toss that is!!   I don't know a single Spurs who particularly gives a hoot whether we sign him or not.  Its not like he's strengthen us, he'd just be an squad player behind Harry Winks in the pecking order.

Aint it just.

Doesn't look like any of the players who would improve us are within budget unless we sell Toby.

19 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well thats no good to us, we need time to close any incomings.  This t/f window has really pissed me off but to be fair, theres not been anything going on recently.

If they leave it any longer we simply won't have time to buy so probably will refuse the sale.

Anyway another year of Toby and sell abroad for 13m profit next summer is still good business.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Meanwhile Palace have signed Max Meyer on a free and 80k a week.

Eye off the ball or what??

Thats the lad from Schalke isn't it.  Supposed to be a real talent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zaha left Palace for Chelsea.

Edited by carmine