Tottenham Thread

chonabot

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

He is some player. Looks to be a cross between KdeB and Maradonna.

Well if Liverpool can go toe to toe with City this season they simply have to be very lucky with injuries.  Remember Ranieri being able to start a settled eleven every week when they won the title, Klopp needs to be able to do much the same and players like this guy dominate matches.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well if Liverpool can go toe to toe with City this season they simply have to be very lucky with injuries.  Remember Ranieri being able to start a settled eleven every week when they won the title, Klopp needs to be able to do much the same and players like this guy dominate matches.

I reckon this could be one of the best EPL seasons yet. City, Pool, Chelski and SuperSpurs leading the charge. Also teams like Leicester and Watford occasionally and unexpectedly upsetting the form book.

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hey wilai w_nka, i was missing your barbs so took you off ignore - how ya doing mate?. Just the forum busybody on ignore now.

Didn't know you could put yourself on ignore! I live and learn:biggrin:....please put me back as well as it's been a pleasure not conversing with you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wilai said:

The bench is as good as we've had in years so here's hoping.

Yeah cant atm see anyone but yourselfs getting near man city..Us MAYBE if the players who 'promise' step up  but your owners  full marks have backed Kloppy and been whacking in  some  SERIOUS  wedge.. been thinkin maybe the yanks are fattening the turkey b4 they cash in ...? .

16 hours ago, wilai said:

Didn't know you could put yourself on ignore! I live and learn:biggrin:....please put me back as well as it's been a pleasure not conversing with you.

Amen to that.  ?

I gather his trolling obsessions on the Spurs thread continue in the normal tedium!!

I really hope he doesn't decide to take me off ignore too.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Uncle Joe has turned up, this time sailing in on his super yacht.

Wow!

Obscene. Flashing his wealth like that, whilst increasing ticket prices for supporters and not buying any players. In addition, he's annoyed residents after parking it in front of their homes and blocking the view.

• Haha 1

See the latest in Carry on Construction was a flood/electrical damage. hundreds of litres of water was spilled across two levels of the new arena,The damage will probably be extensivealso flooding on to live electrical panels and wiring.

On Friday morning, the price for the club not to play at the new ground for the remainder of the 2018/19 campaign was 25/1, but the pattern of bets over the last hour led Paddy Power to stop accepting bets on the market.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Obscene. Flashing his wealth like that, whilst increasing ticket prices for supporters and not buying any players. In addition, he's annoyed residents after parking it in front of their homes and blocking the view.

Yes I'm meeting him at St Katherine's Dock on Tuesday for a pizza.

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

The sunday tabloids seem to reckon madrid are lookin to bid circa  100 mil for ericson.. cant see him fittin in/gettlin game time  there  .. but we'll c

Madrid look a shambles at present.  Weird how they have not planned the transition well with Ronaldo leaving. Massive gaping hole in that team now. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Madrid look a shambles at present.  Weird how they have not planned the transition well with Ronaldo leaving. Massive gaping hole in that team now. 

Cant see this MASSIVE gaping hole in the team. Did you see bale  in the champs lge.. massive gaping hole in the crowd though,?  last game was the lowest gate since ...  the game b4 ronaldo signed....?

Cant see this MASSIVE gaping hole in the team. Did you see bale  in the champs lge.. massive gaping hole in the crowd though,?  last game was the lowest gate since ...  the game b4 ronaldo signed....?

450 goals in 9 seasons and no hole?

Massive hole. 

Bale WILL step up..

Bale is not stepping up to nothing. In both of their last 4 seasons the difference between games played by both players is like 90 games with bale in just under 100 games in his last 4 seasons. Madrid will know he cannot be reliedone upon he cannot fill the gap hence mbappe rumours.

49 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Bale is not stepping up to nothing. In both of their last 4 seasons the difference between games played by both players is like 90 games with bale in just under 100 games in his last 4 seasons. Madrid will know he cannot be reliedone upon he cannot fill the gap hence mbappe rumours.

We will see.

Has the design style you might expect from a currency trading billionaire. I'll bet the City money broker boys were licking their lips, while everyone else thought "ugly as ****".

Would say it spoils the look of what was my walk to work for many years pre-retirement/pre-flite-to-Thailand, but property developers of similar grotesque taste already did that!

image.png.501e2a8668fb133c5687a9dde7d1b7c3.png

Just now, SantiSuk said:

Has the design style you might expect from a currency trading billionaire. I'll bet the City money broker boys were licking their lips, while everyone else thought "ugly as ****".

Would say it spoils the look of what was my walk to work for many years pre-retirement/pre-flite-to-Thailand, but property developers of similar grotesque taste already did that!

image.png.501e2a8668fb133c5687a9dde7d1b7c3.png

I think these big rigs focus a bit more on the unlikely events (safety) than aesthetic these days. I bet it has Faraday cage shielding and all kinds of security measures padding it out. Billionaires can afford to be paranoid and find a solution to almost anything and there just ain't a standard model when you are in that league.

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Residents were probably rushing to their phones and cameras to take pictures.

Born above a pub in the east end to working class parents he's self made and i really see anything obscene at all. Its hardly like were all not used to super yachts by now.   He lives on the boat and is able to bring his home with him and it was such a pain to everyone that prick of a mayor could have said no couldn't he.

Personally i'd have loved to see it float down the Thames and i bet there was a real buzz on the tow paths.

Anyway, didn't oil sheiks write the book on obscenity and decadence?

Edited by carmine

To be fair this joe lad is like 80 so his days are numbered and if he fancies grand entrances and envious looks then so be it. It's not like anyone takes his team that seriously. Lovely football and some good players but the semi final syndrome points to a lack of backbone.

Since we know exactly how United we play i have a feeling that we will play Dembele from the start and Lucas Moura will start again alongside Kane.  

I think Pochettino will be mindful of how we got ourselves beaten at this fixture last season, which was frankly very irritating.  United are safety first now, even at Old Trafford and if we can open them up first they are unlikely in my opinion to get back.  That said, we need to turn up unlike that dreadful showing at the semi final last season.