Retirement extension coming to the end....best options?

Hi TV,

a friend has asked me for advise and I don't know enough to advise him accurately.

His retirement extension finishes soon and he wants to stay longer. (800k is no longer in his bank)

He lives near mai sai, could he go there and get a visa exempt for 30 days and then go to Vientiane for a multi entry tourist visa? Is this the best idea?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you.

He could do a border crossing for a visa exempt entry but would only get 15 days unless he is from a G7 country.

He could then get a 30 day extension of that entry at an immigration office.

He could get a 2 entry tourist visa (there is no multiple entry tourist visa) in Vientiane.

• Like 1

the retirement scam at udon thani is 15000 bhart for 12 months, thai lady has a shop, walk in walk out. so many here doing it here, branchs every where, my tourist police friend only pays 12,

Subtle Bob.................really Subtle ......................wub.png

• Like 1

the retirement scam at udon thani is 15000 bhart for 12 months, thai lady has a shop, walk in walk out. so many here doing it here, branchs every where, my tourist police friend only pays 12,

Subtle Bob.................really Subtle ......................wub.png

Subtle? Actually what he described seemed blatant, everybody knows. Obviously not illegal? Interesting comment though.

Thanks for all the info people.

I have a question. Is the retirement visa an extension of a non O visa (The big sticker that fills a page in the passport)

Or, is it JUST an extension stamp stating the date the extension is to?

I mean, if you only have the stamp and not a O visa itself......