Who has had post lost or stolen ?

kingalfred

It's really frustrating having items not delivered here in Bangkok! I had a package shipped from the US by USPS and tracked to the US West coast (Los Angeles) and then not seen after it left there.(handed to Thaipost) No doubt this was handed over to ThaiPost,over one month ago,and subject to their incompetence and pilfering. I never knew the postal service was as corrupt as everything else! Have a look at tracking number # LJ674457854US

Edited by kingalfred

May be nothing to do with the Postal service and everything to do with Customs clearance before entering the Postal service.

Never had any issues whatsoever in 10 years, other than Customs wanting to charge me tax on my own item being returned to me.

Who has post lost or stolen? EVERYBODY. I'd like to hear from anybody who has lived here for any lenght of time who can state otherwise.

Obviously didnt read my post above.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

The whole corrupt edifice! Thailand Post and Customs have a record of "Stealing"! If its not adding some imaginary customs charge, as I had once for a used notebook shipped, worth no more than 50$ but had to pay 500 baht to get it out of customs. A long way to go General Prayut, you wont change it in your lifetime !

Edited by kingalfred

When I was in the states, I once sent my ( now )wife a letter with $100 usd in it to buy school supplies for children she was teaching English and math to.

The letter was delivered, but the money was gone.

"Postman bad, don't mail money" my wife said.

From then on I used Western Union.

Nice f him to still deliver the letter after taking the money out! No?

• Like 2

I've been quite lucky with packages sent from the US to here via USPS. I always insure them. Nothing has gone missing as far as the packages go. When they've been held up in customs, the thailandpost website tracker has indicated that. I think the OP's package was stolen as there is no record of anything after it left Los Angeles.

However, I used to have first class mail sent here unregistered. It arrived about half the time.

I tell a lie. I've had a number of items go missing in the post. Back when I lived in the UK.

interesting. I never. Even items shipped from outside to Uk. Could trust the post office and damn sure customs aren't of the same level of the lot in Thai!

I tell a lie. I've had a number of items go missing in the post. Back when I lived in the UK.

interesting. I never. Even items shipped from outside to Uk. Could trust the post office and damn sure customs aren't of the same level of the lot in Thai!

Maybe you were just lucky.

Maybe you were just lucky.
You have been extremely lucky to have nothing missing in Thai,but then depends on volume! Edited by kingalfred

A word to the wise...... If you want to bring ANYTHING into this country, do it in your wife/gf name or any Thai.

I had many things missing once it got into the ThaiPost system, when the parcel was in my farang name.

Since then we put everything in my wife's name and never had a problem.

It really works.

• Like 1

I had the replacement master cards that were sent from Australia stolen, not one but 2. I eventually got one when it was sent priority post and had to be signed for. To top it off the letters with the new pin numbers were tampered with and the cover stuck back down so I had to be re issued with them as well. I went to the local PO and was told that this happens a lot in Thailand and to tell my bank to send everything in padded unmarked envelopes as the the postal workers take anything from a bank in case they can get money from it, especially if they can feel a card inside. Know of another guy that had several parcels stolen by his postie and he was only caught when the next parcel was registered and the idiot used a fake signature on it, all he had to do was say sorry to the guy, he didnt have to replace what he had stolen and kept his job, TIT

its just part of the land of smiles. WE have sent mail in Both Thai and English both went missing. I think it depends on the post stamp where it comes from . We are thinking of sending a letter bomb , maybe that would pin point the problem. Only joking before the anti terrorist Police get me.

have had checks stolen that were posted to international from the usa. investigation revealed that they never left the usa and were cashed in the usa within in a day or two of being issued. two checks, a month apart.they were cashed by 2 different people by 2 different means. >> usa post in not beyond reproach

Edited by rabid old goat

have had checks stolen that were posted to international from the usa. investigation revealed that they never left the usa and were cashed in the usa within in a day or two of being issued. two checks, a month apart.they were cashed by 2 different people by 2 different means. >> usa post in not beyond reproach

to avoid any confusion these were bank issued cheques. issued and posted directly by a major usa bank

Edited by rabid old goat
  • Like 1

I have told friends and relatives not to send Christmas / Birthday cards from overseas, they just do not arrive.

I think I need to consult a tarot card reader to find out what is wrong with our karma.