To Secretary Daniel Russel: Please open your mind and be fair

webfact

heed Francis Fukuyama's argument that democracy is not defined by elections, but by a good balance between three crucial elements - a strong state that fosters a well-ordered society, the rule of law, and democratic accountability

Well one out of three ain't bad.

It is pretty obvious that this country is allergic to the second part.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

As an American Citizen Sec. Russel You were out of line with your comment's I'll break it down for you. If your driving a car and fall asleep at the wheel are you at fault if you cause an accident? Or what about if your brakes don't feel right and you fail to get them checked and they take a dump on you and cause damage who is to blame? Now you have the concept. Yingluck was the chairman of the rice scam she was warned of corruption taking place yet she sat and done nothing Thus causing harm to Thai taxpayers, I can't say for sure but she may have profited off it to If she did that would in it's self be a crime anywhere. She was offered and refuse to explain her position in this debacle yet she refused. The only way the current government can get answers it needs is to do what there doing now. So I suggest you keep your comments to yourself your not speaking for America as a whole.

Wow, that is some missing the point there...........

• Like 2

I think that Thailand should be mindful that this is the opinion of a Thailand that outsiders see, not one that's portrayed by TAT , people are not stupid and you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all the time , just how many chances do you get, maybe you should all take a card and go straight to Jail. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

On the other end of the spectrum, the lead editorial in today's Bangkok Post is even more critical....stating unequivocally that the impeachment was outside of the rule of law and would go down as one of the most horrendous events in Thailand's history. Wonder if that author will be called in for "attitude re-adjustment".

• Like 1

As an American Citizen Sec. Russel You were out of line with your comment's I'll break it down for you. If your driving a car and fall asleep at the wheel are you at fault if you cause an accident? Or what about if your brakes don't feel right and you fail to get them checked and they take a dump on you and cause damage who is to blame? Now you have the concept. Yingluck was the chairman of the rice scam she was warned of corruption taking place yet she sat and done nothing Thus causing harm to Thai taxpayers, I can't say for sure but she may have profited off it to If she did that would in it's self be a crime anywhere. She was offered and refuse to explain her position in this debacle yet she refused. The only way the current government can get answers it needs is to do what there doing now. So I suggest you keep your comments to yourself your not speaking for America as a whole.

His job is to speak for you. And your paying his salary. So this is all your fault.

..............people from NE Thailand and the North are not poorer than other peope in the country....................

With morons like this woman in parliament its no wonder Thailand is going down the drain.

Why are the Thais so touchy about foreigners speaking their mind about the pathetic state of Thai politics.

Everyone in Asia,Japan, Europe ,Aust and Nth America knows that this place is hopelessly corrupt to the core.

Edited by jalansanitwong