Any information grateful.

Hi thaivisa members.

Im new to this site.so decided my 1st forum I would like information on is regarding black listed. I have a friend that got black listed and deported back in 2005 for 3mths overstay. And all so 20 cartons of cigarettes. The big question is would this black list still be on the system.

Regards.

From your description there is virtually zero chances that your friend has been blacklisted. Overstay does not imply blacklisting.

However he can contact Thai visa service, see ad on the right side, and they have a way to check on that for for a reasonable fee.

Edited by paz

One is not blacklisted for overstay, nor for bringing 20 cartons of cigerets. (Then he would have been denied entry when going to Thailand, while the overstay is after you enter Thailand).

In case of being blacklisted he would have appeared before a judge and his passport would have been marked as being deported.

If he still has his old passport he should have a look at what it says. It will probably note he was deported, but not that he was blacklisted.

Yes that makes sense . He bought the cigarettes from bkk airport . Whilst in Thailand. Got arrested got bail seen judge. Fined 10000bht. Thats how he got the 3mths overstay. No cash pay fine at airport. Got locked up over night then deported following morning. Big stamp in passport. So you think he was never blacklist. For these last 10 years.

Regards