Carribean condo won't be finished ? Look like no work progress ? Any discount ?

thefactoryoutlet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the Condo next to Grand Carribean. I would guess that there were about 100 construction worker there today.

I have no idea why you think there is no progress.

If you think it will not be finished, why would you want to buy even if you could get a discount?

I live in the Condo next to Grand Carribean. I would guess that there were about 100 construction worker there today.

If you think it will not be finished, why would you want to buy even if you could get a discount?

Of course I want to by IN CASE they finish it, I am not 100% retarded :-)

Thank you for your reply, so they might be working on the low rise building and not on the tower, because I passed by and didn't see anyone in the tower.

Thank you for your reply, so they might be working on the low rise building and not on the tower, because I passed by and didn't see anyone in the tower.

Have to admit I had the same thoughts as jbaldwin...

once it will be (almost) finished and then you buy, you won't get discounts anymore... discounts are for risk takers who are willing / able to write the money off in case the building will not finish... the earlier you buy in, the higher your discount and the higher your risk...

once it will be (almost) finished and then you buy, you won't get discounts anymore... discounts are for risk takers who are willing / able to write the money off in case the building will not finish... the earlier you buy in, the higher your discount and the higher your risk...

But apart from the risk that you mentioned already that the building will not be finished what possible incentive anyway is there to enter into a contract now when the spectre of deflation is looming everywhere?

By waiting until the building is finished that eliminates a good part of the risk and in addition by then prospective buyers will be able to see the effects of the fallout from the huge uncertainty hanging over the global economy right now.

But apart from the risk that you mentioned already that the building will not be finished what possible incentive anyway is there to enter into a contract now when the spectre of deflation is looming everywhere?

By waiting until the building is finished that eliminates a good part of the risk and in addition by then prospective buyers will be able to see the effects of the fallout from the huge uncertainty hanging over the global economy right now.

You can not get a general answer for that, as it depends on the individual situation of the buyer

- are you looking for investment or are you looking to live in the condo possibly for lifetime?

- do you already have the money within Thailand or is it coming from outside and in what currency?

- do you expect deflation in your home country or in Thailand? Do you expect it within short time or long time?

• When you want to buy now and keep the condo for private use, you might be interested in the discount as it gives you more money for your life plans.
  • Incentive for buying now and get discounts might be the current exchange rate of your home currency against the THB, for some currencies you can gain 10-20% right now towards 2 weeks ago, for other currencies, buying now with money from abroad will make your investment 10-20% more expensive and the discount you can get might make up for that loss.
  • Deflation and economic uncertainty is only a worry for investors but not for private buyers who live in their condo

You can not get a general answer for that, as it depends on the individual situation of the buyer

- are you looking for investment or are you looking to live in the condo possibly for lifetime?

- do you already have the money within Thailand or is it coming from outside and in what currency?

- do you expect deflation in your home country or in Thailand? Do you expect it within short time or long time?

• When you want to buy now and keep the condo for private use, you might be interested in the discount as it gives you more money for your life plans.
  • Incentive for buying now and get discounts might be the current exchange rate of your home currency against the THB, for some currencies you can gain 10-20% right now towards 2 weeks ago, for other currencies, buying now with money from abroad will make your investment 10-20% more expensive and the discount you can get might make up for that loss.
  • Deflation and economic uncertainty is only a worry for investors but not for private buyers who live in their condo

I disagree. Whether you are an investor or future owner occupier I don't think anyone in their right mind should want to lose money unnecessarily?

I think you may mean it’s not a worry for private buyers who think they absolutely have to have a particular condominium in a particular development and they believe the hype of the sales agent that they will miss out if they don't secure it nowrolleyes.gif

Personally I would prefer to believe the views expressed by three former Thai tycoons who are warning that the conditions right now are similar to what they were in 1997 and that can only mean one thing for condominium prices

Boonchai Bencharongkul, one of the three aforementioned tycoons, said “I think the current situation is worrisome. As one of those who had such an experience, I can smell it now. People are rushing and competing to buy condos while more and more people are driving Ferraris. These are the same things we saw before the 1997 crisis occurred.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/04/thailands-bubble-economy-is-heading-for-a-1997-style-crash/

I disagree. Whether you are an investor or future owner occupier I don't think anyone in their right mind should want to lose money unnecessarily?

I think you may mean it’s not a worry for private buyers who think they absolutely have to have a particular condominium in a particular development and they believe the hype of the sales agent that they will miss out if they don't secure it nowrolleyes.gif

Personally I would prefer to believe the views expressed by three former Thai tycoons who are warning that the conditions right now are similar to what they were in 1997 and that can only mean one thing for condominium prices

Boonchai Bencharongkul, one of the three aforementioned tycoons, said “I think the current situation is worrisome. As one of those who had such an experience, I can smell it now. People are rushing and competing to buy condos while more and more people are driving Ferraris. These are the same things we saw before the 1997 crisis occurred.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/04/thailands-bubble-economy-is-heading-for-a-1997-style-crash/

• Forbes report from April 2013... and still the bubble did not burst...
  • ThaiVisa full of expert predictions (years and years back) about the bubble to burst and the prices to go down the gutter and then they will buy... nothing happened
  • now full of reports that the Russians can't finish pay for what they bought off plan and loads of condos will come to the market cheap... still not visible

what is the time span to buy for a private owner of a condo? how long shall he wait until he buys? For years and years I have seen reports on here that said "only few more weeks and it will burst"... and still the Thai economy shows no signs and the Baht is getting stronger more and more..

• ThaiVisa full of expert predictions (years and years back) about the bubble to burst and the prices to go down the gutter and then they will buy... nothing happened
  • now full of reports that the Russians can't finish pay for what they bought off plan and loads of condos will come to the market cheap... still not visible

what is the time span to buy for a private owner of a condo? how long shall he wait until he buys? For years and years I have seen reports on here that said "only few more weeks and it will burst"... and still the Thai economy shows no signs and the Baht is getting stronger more and more..

Well in answer to your point regarding the bubble not having burst yet may be just maybe it will happen like in Japan. ermm.gif You know like air escaping slowly from a tyre and that is being going on now for over 20 years despite them having thrown everything they have got trying to solve their problem.The Japanese stock market hasn't even recovered to 50% of what it was in 1990.

And the question I would put to you is since that article was written in 2013 do you regard global economic conditions have improved since then or even stabilised? And before you answer that think carefully about what is happening right now just in Europefacepalm.gif .

With 20000+ condo waiting to be sold I strongly think that I will get a huge discount anywhere I want.

Investors are not all Thai and many would like to get something back...

With 20000+ condo waiting to be sold I strongly think that I will get a huge discount anywhere I want.

Investors are not all Thai and many would like to get something back...

Keep on trying to convince yourself.

With 20000+ condo waiting to be sold //

Seems a ridiculous figure to me.

Certainly not 20'000 finished condo units for sell right now in Pattaya.

Not 20,000 finished now but easily 20,000 in the process of being built. There are 2,000 within 200 metres of my condo.

I just don't see the advantages to buying early. Suppose it is a 1.5 Million baht condo. that is only about 45,000 USD. Why take the risk of the darn things not being finished on time or at all, not built correctly, etc, just to save what 10%? 20% while tying up your money? Better to keep the money invested and buy when the unit is finished. There are plenty of condos available. I don't see the risks versus rewards favoring early buying in any way

this was written 2 years ago

this was written 2 years ago

Yes I am fully aware of that but so what?blink.png

Nothing has changed since then other than global debt has growing even bigger?

The author only said the Thai economy was heading in a particular direction but never gave a timeframe. But is interesting that the Economist magazine had an article just two months ago that echoed similar sentiments

The world economy in 2015 will carry troubling echoes of the late 1990s

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21636742-world-economy-2015-will-carry-troubling-echoes-late-1990s-past-and-future-tense

More commentary on the prospect of deflation in Thailand (and other parts of Asia)from just two weeks ago.

Morgan Stanley Sees Deflation Looming as Asia Hesitates to Ease

Bloomberg) -- Asia’s rapid accumulation of debt in recent years is holding back central banks from easing monetary policy to fight the risk of deflation, endangering private investment needed to boost faltering growth, according to Morgan Stanley.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-01-13/morgan-stanley-sees-deflation-looming-as-asia-hesitates-to-ease

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am looking for a new condo around Pattaya and I see this Carribean and Supalai Mare.

Following information that I can find it seems that Supalai Mare (theprasit road not far from thapraya road) construction just started but is now as much advanced as Carribean ? Are you sure that Carribean doesn't have problems ?

Anybody here has bought Supalai mare ? Thanks.

This is just a rumor i heard, and i have no idea of the veracity in it, but there maybe a problem with GC high rise, something about should they have got the EIA etc when they are overlooking Pattaya Provincial Court.

As I mentioned, i just heard this, and i have no idea whether there is any truth in it at all.

I think you may mean its not a worry for private buyers who think they absolutely have to have a particular condominium in a particular development and they believe the hype of the sales agent that they will miss out if they don't secure it nowrolleyes.gif

Boonchai Bencharongkul, one of the three aforementioned tycoons, said I think the current situation is worrisome. As one of those who had such an experience, I can smell it now. People are rushing and competing to buy condos while more and more people are driving Ferraris. These are the same things we saw before the 1997 crisis occurred.

Certainly not the case now, the THB has lost approx 10% against the GB£ in the last 5 weeks, long may it continue .

Carribean are one of the few projects I expect to be finished, mainly because I know the interest has been high since they started selling units a couple of years ago. The rooms are more spacious and nicely decorated and the prices are on the high side. But still not sold out so that could be a problem .

With 20000+ condo waiting to be sold //

Seems a ridiculous figure to me.

Certainly not 20'000 finished condo units for sell right now in Pattaya.

Not 20,000 finished now but easily 20,000 in the process of being built. There are 2,000 within 200 metres of my condo.

I've seen numbers like that being reported before. Here's one:

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-news/2014/9/63345/pattayas-oversupply-predicament

Take a drive down Jomtien 2nd road. Where it turns to Sukhumvit at the southern end, do a U-turn and continue on towards Huay Yai road. Amazing how many new condos are going up.

Just drove up Thepprasit. A bunch there also. I think the previous buyers were mainly Russians? Don't see many around now.

It is huge, and I can see how some people would think it won't be finished, but I passed by yesterday at about 5pm and there were probaby 200-300 workers waiting to be transported home. Also as I have a Condo nearby, I know it has gone up very fast, with pretty decent workmanship.

Defiantly going to be finished, slowly changing color to white on the outside.

I do fear for the the Tulip at the bottom of Pratumnak 5, absolutely nothing going on there , or the Sands further down, my friend looked around the showroom 2 years ago and was told 2016 finish, no chance of that, I don't think even the flash showroom is still open

Archived