Help! Want A Large Passport

Hi everyone,

I need to get a new passport, Ive got 1 more page left, just enough for my next visa run. I will get a month after my visa run. When should I go to make the new passport? If it takes a week, Id be best waiting until a week before Im due to go on my visa run.

Also, how much is it approximately for a large passport?

Any help highly appriciated :o

Megan

Hi everyone,

I need to get a new passport, Ive got 1 more page left, just enough for my next visa run. I will get a month after my visa run. When should I go to make the new passport? If it takes a week, Id be best waiting until a week before Im due to go on my visa run.

Also, how much is it approximately for a large passport?

Any help highly appriciated :o

Megan

If you are British it takes about 5 working days at the British Embassy in Bangkok but the price has just gone up and I don't know what it is now. If you do a Google for British embassies you will find it.

I would advise you to go for a new passport fairly soon after you do your run and not leave it untill the week before just in case of holidays or other problems.

I need to get a new passport...
Contact the embassy representing the country of which you are a citizen. This way, people here do not have to respond with:

“If you are British, then...”

“If you are a US citizen, then...”

“If you are Australian, then...”

etc.

Getting the drift?

--------------

Maestro

Contact the embassy representing the country of which you are a citizen. This way, people here do not have to respond with:

etc.

Getting the drift?

Yes, I can already see from the above messages that people are wondering where I am from. I am so sorry if I 'irritated' you in any way but as you can see, I am new to this forum, I didnt think one had to be a professional writer to be able to make a post here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou so much for your information - It helped me alot!!!!

The British Embassy in Bangkok are not issuing 48 page passports at the moment because of the new 'chip' passports' so only 32 page are available right now.

Anyone remember the old 100 page British passports called the 'Jumbo': 100 pages for an extra 20 quid I seem to remember..............

etc.

Getting the drift?

Yes, I can already see from the above messages that people are wondering where I am from. I am so sorry if I 'irritated' you in any way but as you can see, I am new to this forum, I didnt think one had to be a professional writer to be able to make a post here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Megan

I sometimes wish people would remember that we were all newbies once upon a lifetime (at most things).

Any way both Lopburi 3 and Libya115 have answered you and I did a Google search and came up with the following which may help you and others in your position.

Embassy website

www.britishembassy.gov.uk/Thailand

Passport information

Passport Services

Consular Section provides passport and Notarial services as follows:

Issue/renewal of passports

lost/stolen passports

Registration of births

Notarial Acts (Including documentation required to marry in Thailand)

Letters of support for Thai driving licence / Thai visa applications

Passport Applications

If you do not live in the UK you may apply for a passport from your nearest Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. Alternatively, you may also apply to the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) in person whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment with IPS in the UK and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Applicants will have to be available at this address to sign for the receipt of the passport. Please note that IPS do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad.

Requirements

• 2 recent identical photos (35mm x 45mm). The UK Passport Agency have strict guidelines on the quality of passport photographs. Photographs which do not meet the guidelines will not be accepted. Full details can be found at the UK passport website.

(We require two RECENT, COLOUR photographs with white background)

• Completed form

• Current passport

• Consular fee

Fees (£1 = 75 Baht)

• 32 page passport = Bt. 6,825.00

• Child's passport = Bt. 4,425.00

Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that any valid visas are transferred into the new passport by Thai Immigration/the relevant Embassy.

Payment (by post)

• Banker’s Draft

• Postal orders payable to ‘British Embassy’ to be cashed at Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110 (Please note that online postal orders are not accepted)

• To return passport by EMS please add 40 Baht (Thailand only)

A passport or birth certificate takes 10 working days from receipt of a completed application.

Notarial services are a 24 hour service.

Please ring us on (02) 305 8333 for further information and details of current fees.

You’re welcome.

One tends to forget sometimes that the world is not as small as it often seems to us, that there are some 200 countries, each with its own rules, regulations and requirements regarding the issuance of a new passport and a myriad other things.

--------------

Maestro

I'm about to renew my passport and I've already spoken to the embassy.One thinbg to remember is that you can apply by post, so if you're not in Bangkok it saves that horrible drive.

One more thing, they told me to allow 10 working days

The British Embassy in Bangkok are not issuing 48 page passports at the moment because of the new 'chip' passports' so only 32 page are available right now.

Anyone remember the old 100 page British passports called the 'Jumbo': 100 pages for an extra 20 quid I seem to remember..............

I went through 2 of the old British big "uns (100 pagers ---think 98 actually..but MPR)when I was mucking around back and forward to Saudi and West Africa.

Also had a couple of others stapled together with the red ribbon and wax seal embossed on them......Days of the Raj et al that...

bit of info on UK-EU PPs fees from Blighty side of water.. :o

http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_fees_passport.asp

http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_fees_passport.asp