Any Problems Or Fees When Ordering Shoes Online...?

webworldly

Greetings!

Following up on my "Big Foot" thread from last month.....

If I order a pair of brand name athletic shoes (Nike, Asics, etc.) from an online store outside of Thailand....and have them shipped to me in Bangkok....are there any customs delays, import fees, or other logistical issues to deal with?

How long would it take from the time they were sent from, say, the UK...to the time they arrive, clear customs and get to me in Bangkok?

Hmmm.....for "half sizes"....like USA size 11.5.....where do you think I should order from to get them quickly? UK? Australia? Singapore? Japan?

CHEERS!

D

I'm walking around barefoot now as my shoes have now become unwearable. My feet stink, and my barefeet are not welcome in restaurants, hotels, or the local market. Please take pity on me and help me understand the process (and any problems?) with ordering shoes online and having them shipped into Thailand.

(OK....I'm kidding about the barefeet thing.....but I sure would appreciate some help or shared experiences regarding ordering shoes from online stores outside of Thailand.)

:D:o

CHEERS!

d

You can't find anything in your size? I must have missed the big foot thread last month, what size do you wear?

Also, I would imagine there would be a hefty customs duty on new shoes. Get someone to mail you some old stinky ones, maybe they will forgo the duty then :o

How long would it take from the time they were sent from, say, the UK...to the time they arrive, clear customs and get to me in Bangkok?
We can’t have you go around barefoot with smelly feet :o

Time in transit depends on the shipping mode. Most online shops let you chose from several modes or at least between a courier chosen by the shop (4-6 days) or regular mail (air parcel post, 5-10 days, or air letter post, 4-6 days, depending on country from which shipped)

If shipped by courier, the parcel will as a rule be presented to customs for inspection and you will have to pay whatever duty customs chooses to assess, plus a “customs presentation fee” for the courier. The amount of duty being assessed depends to some extent on the completeness and accuracy of the declaration of the goods by the shipper.

Postal parcels pass through the customs office at the post office. In a case like yours, with a “commercial” shipper, import duty will probably be assessed. Private gift parcels often get through without duty.

Postal letter mail can weigh up to 2 kg and rarely gets inspected and assessed import duty. Unfortunately, the parcel with your large-size athletic shoes may exceed this weight limit.

I do not know the import duty rate for shoes.

--------------

Maestro

_ You know you have a cold when your nose is running and your feet are smelling.

I don't know your size, but you can get some of the moderately big sizes of sports shoe (up to U.S. 13-13.5) at the shoe store next to the coffeeshop next to the BTS Sala Daeng station on Silom (the store is lime green, the coffee shop is rust orange- if you've ever seen it, you'll know what I mean).

I have my work shoes custom made at Siam Leather (or one of the other cobblers) on Surawong.

"Steven"

You can't find anything in your size? I must have missed the big foot thread last month, what size do you wear?

Also, I would imagine there would be a hefty customs duty on new shoes. Get someone to mail you some old stinky ones, maybe they will forgo the duty then :o

Hey SBK :D

Interesting!

Seriously, if I have someone in the USA buy the shoes new....then take them out of the box, cut off the tags,"rough them up a bit", and then ship them to me...

.....do you think customs duties could be avoided, and that therefore....the net price to get them to me would be cheaper (even with what I presume would be higher shipping from USA than from UK or Singapore)?

I don't know your size, but you can get some of the moderately big sizes of sports shoe (up to U.S. 13-13.5) at the shoe store next to the coffeeshop next to the BTS Sala Daeng station on Silom (the store is lime green, the coffee shop is rust orange- if you've ever seen it, you'll know what I mean).

I have my work shoes custom made at Siam Leather (or one of the other cobblers) on Surawong.

"Steven"

Thank you, Steven. Do you know if the shop sells brand name athletic/running shoes by Nike, Asics, or one of the other major international brands?