Unsafe at work: Thai experts sound the alarm on Mental Health Day

3. 53

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

4. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

5. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

6. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

7. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

9. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

10. 563

White Culture

11. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

12. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

13. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

14. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

Petroleum bidding: NRC vote incurs Prayut's wrath

webfact

PETROLEUM BIDDING
NRC vote incurs Prayut's wrath

THE NATION

30253436-01_big.jpg?1423089811762

Accuses members of pressurIng CabInet by voting down Petroleum bidding

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday lambasted the National Reform Council (NRC) for voting against the Cabinet's policy to proceed with the 21st round of petroleum concession bidding, a source said yesterday.

The atmosphere was "tense" during the second meeting of the five core agencies at the Royal Thai Army Club, which reporters were not allowed to observe.

Key representatives such as chiefs, deputies and spokesmen from the National Legislative Assembly, the NRC, the National Council for Peace and Order, the Cabinet, and the Constitution Drafting Committee (CDC) held their second meeting since the formation of the five agencies.

Prayut pulled no punches in his attack on the NRC, accusing the assembly of pressuring the Cabinet by voting against the government's policy on petroleum concession.

"Do not use the NRC decision to pressure the government. Our goal is to reform and move forward. Do not put the pressure on one another,'' he said.

NRC president Thienchay Kiranan defended the council and said members voted on the issue to reflect their stance against the 21st round of petroleum concession bidding.

The NRC voted in January 130:79 against the government's proposal to continue the bidding. NRC members who had earlier voiced their opposition to the fuel concession said the issue was related to the country's energy reform and giving out a 21st round of bid concessions would tie the country to that for the next 29 to 39 years.

Prayut continued his criticism against the CDC for its decision to merge the Office of the Ombudsman and the National Human Rights Commission. "The PM said the decision has caused public opposition. He wanted the core agencies to focus on issues that move the country forward and not to tackle hot issues,'' the source said.

The PM also accused the NLA of lacking in vision. "You have to look ahead and quickly issue laws that bridge our disparities and reform our justice system," he said.

He recommended that the assembly issue laws especially in connection with economic and security issues that help prepare the country for fast-changing global situations and financial volatility.

"We have to be able to catch up with globalisation trends. The NLA must make its own initiatives in terms of legislation and not wait for the Cabinet,'' the source quoted Prayut as saying.

The NLA representative reportedly lauded the assembly's ability to meet its plan in passing laws.

During the three-hour meeting, Prayut also instructed the five core agencies to help create understanding in the international community of the country's roadmap to democracy.

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan said the roadmap to democracy was on schedule and the meeting discussed how to make sure sustainable democracy was enshrined in the new charter.

Prayut had called the meeting to ensure the five agencies were walking in the same direction with co-ordination and efficiency. The first meeting was held in November last year.

Thienchay told the council that a whip committee would be appointed to coordinate the five core agencies, whip spokesman Wanchai Sonsiri said.

The whip committee would meet every second and last Wednesday of the month with the first meeting scheduled for February 11.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NRC-vote-incurs-Prayuts-wrath-30253436.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-05

So what's the point of these junta appointed agencies if the issues they raise are not to the general's liking?

As Prayuth keeps throwing more and more toys out of his pram, he can always invoke clause 44...

Edited by arthurboy
  • Like 2

An oldy with a few changes to suit our esteemed PM.

"

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows my sorrow

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

They will all hate me tomorrow

Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down

Oh, yes, Buddha

Sometimes I'm almost to the ground

Oh, yes, Buddha

Although you see me going 'long so

Oh, yes, Buddha

I have my trials here below

Oh, yes, Buddha

If you get there before I do

Oh, yes, Buddha

Tell all-a my friends I'm coming to Heaven!

Oh, yes, Buddha

"

Edited by BSJ
  • Like 1

He really doesn't like any sort of opposition does he? Seriously, how do some Farangs here still think he's the right man for the job with his continued outbursts when people don't agree with him?

It is not true that he doesn't like any sort of opposition.

In fact he has always stated that he welcomes opinions of all people.

But in this job and the huge task he has undertaken has to be strong and voice his opinion.

He is not a politician to try and please other people, he only thinks and acts for the best of this country.

And please, don't pay much attention on this article written by anti government people, that without being present at the meeting they know all about his mood.

I still think he is the right man for the job and he will succeed.

• Like 2

He really doesn't like any sort of opposition does he? Seriously, how do some Farangs here still think he's the right man for the job with his continued outbursts when people don't agree with him?

FH, quite right. I still believe the General - who was due to be retired last year - decided he wanted to continue working in some important role. A coup, followed by appointment to PM, must have seemed the perfect answer.

Unfortunately, the skills required to run the army, and those needed to run the country are miles apart.

I honestly think it's that simple.

• Like 1

But in this job and the huge task he has undertaken has to be strong and voice his opinion.

He is not a politician to try and please other people, he only thinks and acts for the best of this country.

And please, don't pay much attention on this article written by anti government people, that without being present at the meeting they know all about his mood.

You think he is the right man for the job?

When has there ever been the right man to lead a military coup d'état that seizes control of a nation's government?

You are advocating on behalf of someone who has suspended civil liberties, and removed the right of the population to have a say in how the government is formed and run.

You say he will succeed. Well, he already has succeeded in what he set out to do. Unfortunately, his success does not translate into that of the nation.

You should check your history. Governments run by military juntas always lead to economic chaos and social disparity. The man has no formal training in public administration, economics, law or social policy. How can he succeed when he tries to run a government like an army battalion? He has probably realized by now that it is easier to be a general than to be the head of a government. . In the army one has the option of removing the elderly, the infirm, and the mentally deficient. A command officer is obeyed. However, a civil government has the obligation of caring for the elderly, the infirm and the mentally deficient. It also has a duty to listen and to accommodate minorities.

I don't like to copy and paste but for once more I have to express my opinion.

I have been accused by members of being a fascist and an admirer of Hitler.

I'm not and I do believe in real democracy.

But what is real democracy in Thailand?

Democracy is for people to be allowed to take over forests and public land to build resorts?

Democracy is to pay people for voting for either party?

Democracy is for corrupted people to show false accounts of rice that has been warehoused?

Democracy is for police to favour one party and ignore the rest of the people?

Democracy is......there are many things I could go on about that was happening in Thailand before this government.

Thailand is not ready for Democracy yet and does need a strong and determined man to guide them to their future.

I would like also to see democracy reinstated but not at the same terms as before that we had a mock of democracy.

The man will make mistakes, he is human after all, but I can't see anybody more capable at the moment to replace him.

Give him a chance, things already started looking better.

• Like 1

I might be wrong. So I will write my understanding.

1.A new project or law will be presented to Prayuth.

2.if Prayuth thinks it is good for the people, it will go to the five committees for scrutiny and official voting to become legal and binding.

3. The whipping committee who have no voting rights, will oversee the 5 committees to make sure that they are voting in the right way to move the country forward.

4.if many members are not voting in a positive manner, the whipping committee will report to Prayuth.

5. Then Prayuth will have a good attitude meeting with the 5 committee to be sure they understand a good vision for the country.

6.there will be a new vote with a better understanding.

7.new project or law will be passed.

8.the whipping committee will ?

9.new proposal will be sent to Prayuth for his approval/disapproval

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When has there ever been the right man to lead a military coup d'état that seizes control of a nation's government?

You are advocating on behalf of someone who has suspended civil liberties, and removed the right of the population to have a say in how the government is formed and run.

You say he will succeed. Well, he already has succeeded in what he set out to do. Unfortunately, his success does not translate into that of the nation.

You should check your history. Governments run by military juntas always lead to economic chaos and social disparity. The man has no formal training in public administration, economics, law or social policy. How can he succeed when he tries to run a government like an army battalion? He has probably realized by now that it is easier to be a general than to be the head of a government. . In the army one has the option of removing the elderly, the infirm, and the mentally deficient. A command officer is obeyed. However, a civil government has the obligation of caring for the elderly, the infirm and the mentally deficient. It also has a duty to listen and to accommodate minorities.

Democracy is for people to be allowed to take over forests and public land to build resorts?

Democracy is for corrupted people to show false accounts of rice that has been warehoused?

Democracy is......there are many things I could go on about that was happening in Thailand before this government.

Thailand is not ready for Democracy yet and does need a strong and determined man to guide them to their future.

I would like also to see democracy reinstated but not at the same terms as before that we had a mock of democracy.

The man will make mistakes, he is human after all, but I can't see anybody more capable at the moment to replace him.

Would you like me to Judge if your country is up to being a Democracy or not. What if Greece was over run by the military due the break up with the EU and massive debts , would you say Greece isnt ready for Democracy ?Although we all comment it isn't really our business. Supporting someone else Military Government is not doing the Thais a lot of good

• Like 1

How did you feel about this man?:

Ioannis Metaxas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi
  • Like 1

Those things are about the rule of LAW and that cannot happen here for reasons we CANNOT discuss (pyramid, deferential culture etc.). As for your 'opinion' which you state 1000s of times it is just as worthless as mine. It just says 'who you ARE' and a right wing, ultra conservative royalist is what you ARE

The elite is now hopelessly fractured whilst the foot soliders of the yellow side that brought them to power (Southern rubber farmers) are threatening to march in protest unless the junta bails them out.

Ironically it`s only the red side of things that is quiet.

The junta is on borrowed time clap2.gif

• Like 2

General Prayuth's anger is understandable!

When you get picked by The Man to do a job for The Man, you don't cross The Man. Any mafia soldier knows that rule. Why are NRA/CDC members having such a hard time understanding the rules?

While the NRC is correct to delay the energy bids, and the CDC is correct to defer the stricter computer laws and oppose merger of the HRC with the Ombudsmen, correctness is not what the Junta expects but rather obediance. Gen. Prayuth needs to remind ALL members of his appointed puppet government that it is the NCPO's reform agenda which has priority over the supposed soverneignty of the Thai people.

While the NLA/NRC/CDC are incapabale of promoting reconciliation between Thailand's political factions, no doubt they will reconcile with Gen. Prayuth - with complete submission. Although Gen. Prayuth might be advised to hedge their compliance with additional military officers in the organizations and/or a couple attitude workshops.