Broke German overstays 4 months

Rimmer

This is not news it happens every day here in Thailand, I understand the I fell in love and lost all my money bit, but you know that you must always keep your money for a flight back home, and he would have had a return ticket, unless he planned the overstay

• Like 1

How can they wake up from8 dreamland? Its beyond me how the tourist can be soooo stupid in the 1st place, if the Thai reputation has not spread around the world by now then they will just keep on coming. Love you long time is bs. stop spending your life savings on gutter trash for god sake.

• Like 1

no fool like an old fool i met a guy from ause in koh chang he married a thia girl he wa 58 she 22 she took ll his money and then he said stole his camra and othe things leaving him with pasport and ticket home only he was upseti asked why he married her he told me she loved him and him her i then said in the western world how many women aged 22 would marry youyour 58 he said none unless i won the lottery yes i said you answered your own question as he stood there looking forlorn why i ask just rent them on an hour basis if thats your thing not mine

• Like 1

Chaps (particularly the old boys), nowt wrong with pay4play if that's your thing, but always ask yourself why such and such person is with you. If you're having to spend money to keep them, listen to that intuition and move on to avert the inevitable. Avoid leaving brain at arrivals.

Hope this chap can get back on his feet in his homeland.

+1...Sometimes these ladies can get the best of even the smartest and wisest. Good luck to this fellow.

Another one looses everything. When are the old men going to wake up?

Have a look at your self Before you talk about that poor man one day you will get old

Yes that's right, we don't know if the poor guy is senile or not and us young people don't know how we are mentally when/if reaching that age.

If he is indeed German, he should get a pension that should enable him to live here legally and not broke so as usually with these weekly tabloid news, something is missing/wrong in the story and can certainly not be considered accurate reporting.

I just hope they send him home quickly so he don't has to sit in a prison cell too long time.

The only crime here is the foreigners overstay. It's all good that the Thai woman (most likely deceived him) drained all his money. Now what was that a few weeks ago about the warning to sent out for foreigners doing the same to women here…. can't have that now can we.

Another one looses everything. When are the old men going to wake up?

Wake up to what ? To being old, ugly, broke, in poor health and unpopular ? Not everyone is a phoenix my dear 1312... (is that your birth year? wow...)

Lots of patronizing posts here, but so far, none that questions what is going on in the West, that makes so many older people rush here where they are easy prey, sure, but where they also meet kindness, respect, and people who don't look at them in utter horror... Yes money changes hands but so what if both parties are happy with the deal ? Doesn't money change hands in the West too, in the complicated field of human intercourse ?

No one questions why Western medical science works so hard on making life longer without wondering how to make it better, ie what old people will have to put into those extra years, if not solitude, despair and bitter anger.

Why the West magnifies youth and physical beauty in such a way that anyone over 40 starts to lie about their age, and spends absurd amounts of money just to look a few years younger ?

Why young people in the West all more or less consider old people to be something of a disgusting inconvenience and are not taught that with age comes experience and possibly a measure of wisdom which deserves respect ?

Yes, there are lots of old fools in Thailand, and guess what, some of them even manage to be happy ! Thank you Thailand for welcoming them.

Good post with some nice logic! " Doesn't money change hands in the West too, in the complicated field of human intercourse ?" Slightly off topic, but reminds me of a film where a hooker approaches this middle aged guy in some American city, and he says "Pay for it! I've never paid for it in my life!" She asks him "Honey, are you married?" He replies "Yes, happily married with a wonderful wife and family!" She replies "Honey, you paying for it ALL the time" (Wonderful line, and oh so true!) clap2.gif

• Like 2

Probably a nice guy, never stood a chance.

"Once bitten, no second try"

There must be thousands of these a month.

I wonder if Thai Govt include this as income from “tourism”? ; )

If you can survive and learn from your first brutal engagement/attack,
you may eventually win the game. But this poor (too old) guy was killed
in his first encounter.

All the best.....NS
"It's easy to carry the past as a burden instead of a school. It's easy to let it overwhelm you instead of educate you.”

~Jim Rohn

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let's see, he's 70, and she's probably 20 something, or MAYBE early 30's, and swore she loved him, and that all the other men at the "club" where she worked were just "friends".

How many times have we all heard this story, and how many more times will we hear it?

I have never heard it. Where is the club that I can meet someone wonderful who will love me? I have been alone too long. I am shy but I do have money, that is not a problem.

Give the man a break please !!!

Rather than calling him stupid, you may condemn the evil b....s for leading them old men in a trap carefully set.

Yes I was there but got over it,

No more polonaise since trust has been lost.